PDA

View Full Version : Josh Wilson

seathehawks253
12-21-2008, 11:37 PM
The man can intercept the pass, return the kicks, tackle the player, and is playing a lot better than Tru and Jennings. What is everyone's take on this up and coming playmaker for our recovering defense?

chad311k9
12-22-2008, 12:03 AM
The man can intercept the pass, return the kicks, tackle the player, and is playing a lot better than Tru and Jennings. What is everyone's take on this up and coming playmaker for our recovering defense?

i agree, he is really starting to come on. I also agree that he is playing better than Trufant.

At least Trufant hasn't fallen down too much lately.

Magic12ball
12-22-2008, 12:39 AM
Wilson truly has been playing very, very well. I think he has earned that second CB position. He isn't as good as Tru in my mind, he got caught off guard once or twice this game, but the dude kinda dropped it, if I remember right.

He definitely has developed, and could very well develop more into a shutdown corner under Mora. Now to get rid of that failure at FS and our secondary is back among the top in the NFL.

I can't wait to see how Wilson matches up against Boldin. His biggest test.

Anthony Flores
12-22-2008, 01:08 AM
He really is coming into his own. However, I still think Tru is playing better. It's not his fault more than 3/4 of the league does not throw to him anymore. Same with Cromartie if you look at it. Also I bet the Stupid cards bench Boldin because he is injured and should be ready but the Cards wont let him play, so look forward to see him against Steve Breaston.

Anthony Flores
12-22-2008, 01:10 AM
Wilson truly has been playing very, very well. I think he has earned that second CB position. He isn't as good as Tru in my mind, he got caught off guard once or twice this game, but the dude kinda dropped it, if I remember right.

He definitely has developed, and could very well develop more into a shutdown corner under Mora. Now to get rid of that failure at FS and our secondary is back among the top in the NFL.

I can't wait to see how Wilson matches up against Boldin. His biggest test.

What I would give to get rid of Brian Russell.

Magic12ball
12-22-2008, 01:18 AM
Taylor Mays + Josh Wilson + Marcus Trufant.

With our decreased Draft pick (and it probably is going to decrease more when we hose the Cardinals next week :P) we should be in a good spot to grab Mays.

Bye Bye Russell!

By the way, how about Darryl Tapp? Showing up Lo-Jack or what? If Tapp keeps this level of play, when Kerney returns, we are going to have a devastating pass rush.

seathehawks253
12-22-2008, 01:26 AM
D-Tapp, snap. I always saw some potential in this man. He hasn't shown that consistency that we've been longing for but he has definately stepped it up and has shown development. I think by next season, with the return of Kerney, offenses will target Kerney leaving D-Tapp to explode on QB's. He's here to stay and I hope the people of Seattle give him the patience to develop into a big threat.

Anthony Flores
12-22-2008, 01:39 AM
What a waste of a pick last year in Jackson, anybody would have been better in my eyes he wasn't even projected untill middle second round.

Boozerguy47
12-22-2008, 02:26 AM
We all know Wilson can return kicks, but you think he is great now based off one game? One of his interceptions was a piece of cake to catch. He is improving, but to say he is a great CB or better than Trufant is ridiculous.

seathehawks253
12-22-2008, 02:31 AM
hey, now your just spitting words out of my mouth. i didn't say he is better than trufant, i said "playing a lot better than tru" as in right now. and not just "one game", since he put on that uniform. he is developing and still has a lot to prove. but this season, trufant has not shown us he deserved that contract extension.

weebs
12-22-2008, 02:37 AM
hey, now your just spitting words out of my mouth. i didn't say he is better than trufant, i said "playing a lot better than tru" as in right now. and not just "one game", since he put on that uniform. he is developing and still has a lot to prove. but this season, trufant has not shown us he deserved that contract extension.

trufant has been so good this year he's barely been thrown at in the 2nd half. i hope you're not grading him on interceptions. he had problems slipping in the first half, but he's been really lock-down in the 2nd half.

Boozerguy47
12-22-2008, 02:46 AM
I wasn't directing that specifically at you (seathehawks253). Just saying in general.

Interceptions are not the only thing that makes a corner back good or bad. Because Trufant had several INTs last year, doesn't mean he is great. Same goes for this year, because he doesn't have many INTs, doesn't mean he is bad. Plus, with Kerney out it makes it tough on our DBs because he isn't there putting extra pressure on the QB.

Trufant is a good CB, and Wilson, is definitely improving and could become a solid starter along side Trufant...

seathehawks253
12-22-2008, 03:06 AM
Trufant is a good CB, and Wilson, is definitely improving and could become a solid starter along side Trufant...

alright, that's all im trying to say. wilson is a developing player and is really looking bright for our future. i clearly stated that wilson deserves to be our 2nd CB on the depth chart, along side trufant.

seathehawks253
12-22-2008, 03:08 AM
and interceptions don't make a good CB but it makes a huge difference in a game. it gives our offense a chance to score and stops the opposing offrense from scoring. if wilson or trufant can catch the ball, that's a lot better than blocking passes.

alexander_37
12-22-2008, 11:47 AM
trufant has been way better than people have given him credit for he has not given up many completions at all

Magic12ball
12-22-2008, 03:19 PM
Man I think Wilson is gonna be more than just a solid starter. I think Jennings, last year, was a solid starter. Wilson has a chance to be shut down.

I really want to see him against a physical, powerful wideout, how well he can cover when he is kinda short and not as strong.

FWBrodie
12-22-2008, 03:56 PM
Wilson isn't a "shut down" type corner. He's a playmaker. He's going to get beat once in a while, but he's also going to get to the ball and make some plays on it. His speed helps him recover when he makes mistakes, which is something Kelly Jennings struggles with.

Ian.
12-22-2008, 04:01 PM
Josh Wilson plays with some authority. I love watching this guy return kicks. He doesn't go down easy and doesn't quit.

alexander_37
12-22-2008, 04:44 PM
Josh Wilson plays with some authority. I love watching this guy return kicks. He doesn't go down easy and doesn't quit.

he seems to break a rediculous amount of tackles

Yendil
12-25-2008, 07:11 PM
crap i wish i still had the link from ESPN, but Tru has been thrown to just as many times as that guy from Oakland (hate trying to spell his name). Yet noone seems to recognize that. Although if you had to choose who to throw to, Trufant or Jennings I would throw to jennings every play which is pretty much what happened haha. I thought since last year Wilson was better than Jennings, Jennings has one good game and all the sudden the is a starter I never got that, he was never really any good. Im glad Wilson got the job back.

alexander_37
12-25-2008, 08:12 PM
please fin it that would be great to know for my re-draft