PDA

View Full Version : Pat Riley Coaching Lebron

BkOriginalOne
12-21-2008, 07:11 PM
I keep hearing that Lebron might sign an extension with the cavs, instead of opting out to go play for the knicks or nets like many suspsect.
Personally, I think it would be better for Lebron's career to play in a big market area. Doesn't really matter where he plays, any team built around him ins't going to be trash, honestly.
In thinking about Lebron's vocation I thought of him going to NY and playing for D'antoni - he would be an offensive monster.
Then I thought about what if Pat Riley coahed Lebron? Could he play him at point guard and mold him into a more athletic Magic Johson. Surround Lebron with "showtime" players?
What do you think?

fairandbalanced
12-21-2008, 07:31 PM
Riley is a defensive coach, he doesn't get too high on offensive sets.

kingjanjic
12-21-2008, 07:56 PM
lebron will end up in new york or new jersey, nothin like new york city

fishfan79
12-21-2008, 08:03 PM

yes that smell never gets out of your clothing :D

seriously I think he doesnt go anywhere but a nice few years in miami with wade would be lovely

b_rad23
12-22-2008, 12:04 AM
I think he could definitely play PG if he had a guy like D-Wade or Joe Johnson with him splitting the duty with him and able to guard the smaller guys if needed.

That'd be crazy. Then a 3 point shooter/wing defender at the 3 and you're set on the wings with a crazy offense.

LeBrowns
12-22-2008, 12:23 AM
I think this thread is one of many...a joke...

superkegger
12-22-2008, 12:26 AM
I think this thread is one of many...a joke...

I actually have to agree with you on this one.

Sport
12-22-2008, 12:27 AM
I get sick of people saying "he needs a bigger market". The guy gets more ****ing publicity than any other basketball player and hes in Cleveland. I think he is doing fine.

I really hope he stays with the Cavs, only because of how stupid some knick fans are.

LeBrowns
12-22-2008, 12:27 AM
People on this board are on LeBron's jewels more than actual cavs fans.

JordansBulls
12-22-2008, 12:52 AM

Lebron and Bosh to NYC is what Rose said.

cmstophe
12-22-2008, 01:00 AM
Lebron and Bosh to NYC is what Rose said.

Because Rose has a time machine amirite.

Jalen Rose is an idiot, his "sources" are people in LeBron's cadre who want him to go to NY. LeBron himself laughs at these reports and says, "Everybody says they know where I'm going before I even know".

nVicious
12-22-2008, 01:17 AM
I think LeBron should wait.... not get too excited about his team because his team is winning now. He should wait until his team's playoff result. and then, see how he is feeling about his team for future.

cmstophe
12-22-2008, 08:18 PM
I think LeBron should wait.... not get too excited about his team because his team is winning now. He should wait until his team's playoff result. and then, see how he is feeling about his team for future.

No matter what happens, the Cavs are going to the playoffs and at least getting to the semifinals- probably the ECF.

Which is lightyears ahead of what he'd do with the Knicks. Why would he want to go back to 3-4 years of carrying a scrub team and waiting for them to put pieces around him?

rhino17
12-22-2008, 08:25 PM
Riley is a little ***** who quits on his team whenever they hit a tough time