PDA

View Full Version : The Lakers Are Mortal After All

Shaq back 2 L.A
12-20-2008, 11:05 PM
HEY GUYS IM A DIE HARD LAKER FAN BUT I JUST Wanted to say... that we are probably the softest team in the history of the nba yes we are softer then the thunder and the grizzles! and when u have the so-called best coach in the world u should win right? hells no phil jackson is way past his years he plane doesn't know how to teach these guys defense and he messes up the rotation every single game!! i mean he doesn't even put bynum into the game when it counts! all i wanted to say is that not even kobes 40 points helped the laker win tonight against the magic!!!! i just wanted to know wat the rest of u had to say!

lakers<celtics
lakers<cavaliers(4 now)
lakers<pistons
lakers<nba!!

its so stressing watching the lakers play like this every single game after the way they started the season!

comments

innovator
12-20-2008, 11:08 PM
pistons suck now they just started well before when they got AI, and not all teams are better than LA. la still has the 3rd best record... but WTF we lost again for the 2nd straight game both missed buzzer beaters both after leading by atleast 8 points... WTF MITCH TRADE ODOM

Vinny642
12-20-2008, 11:12 PM
they are slacking, the hornets arent far from taking the num 1 spot so watch out.

what54!?
12-20-2008, 11:14 PM
you guys better get your D together cus other teams in the west are creeping up and the C's might blow them out on Christmas.

Super.
12-20-2008, 11:16 PM
you guys better get your D together cus other teams in the west are creeping up and the C's might blow them out on Christmas.

that would be nice :rolleyes:

but we all know its gonna be a thriller

Shaq back 2 L.A
12-20-2008, 11:18 PM
^^ i hope the lakers win on christmas so they can make up 4 this!!! i hope the lakers lose on christmas so they can trade odom!!!!!

win,lose or tie no not always raiders till' i die but lakers till' i die!!!!!!

what54!?
12-20-2008, 11:25 PM
^^ i hope the lakers win on christmas so they can make up 4 this!!! i hope the lakers lose on christmas so they can trade odom!!!!!

win,lose or tie no not always raiders till' i die but lakers till' i die!!!!!! That sounds good and all but nobody wants odom. I saw him play yesterday and today. He's garbage.

Shaq back 2 L.A
12-20-2008, 11:31 PM
lamar is garbage!!!! ill trade any team lamar 4 a pack of weed some vodka and briane skalibrene!! wait the other team would be getting ripped off!!

innovator
12-20-2008, 11:31 PM
teams like bulls and teams lacking bigmen would want him...

Super.
12-20-2008, 11:33 PM
lamar is garbage!!!! ill trade any team lamar 4 a pack of weed some vodka and briane skalibrene!! wait the other team would be getting ripped off!!

NEver! The Veal is Fo Real!

hmm wait

you really want scal? hmm throw in a 6 -pack of sam adams and hes yours

JordansBulls
12-20-2008, 11:35 PM
teams like bulls and teams lacking bigmen would want him...

Bulls would trade Hinrich and Nocioni for Odom. We need to get rid of some contracts.

Super.
12-20-2008, 11:36 PM
Bulls would trade Hinrich and Nocioni for Odom. We need to get rid of some contracts.

but we got the veal....cant top Scal >_<

innovator
12-20-2008, 11:37 PM
^i would want mitch to do that but the only problem is kirk is out til feb.

Shaq back 2 L.A
12-20-2008, 11:40 PM
Ill give u the six pack!! so where can i sign 4 the deal to be finalized?

Super.
12-20-2008, 11:42 PM
lol

that would never happen, you wouldnt believe how much a crowd favorite Scal is, the garden goes crazy when he gets the ball and erupts when he hits it

GCOOKIE7
12-20-2008, 11:49 PM
softer than the Raptors?!?!?!?!?! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA RIGHTTTTTTTTTT

innovator
12-20-2008, 11:52 PM
lol

that would never happen, you wouldnt believe how much a crowd favorite Scal is, the garden goes crazy when he gets the ball and erupts when he hits it

you seriously think that the crowd cheers for him for respect? lol they cheer because its not often that he makes a shot and its a fluke when he makes em

what54!?
12-20-2008, 11:55 PM
Scal is the mark madsen of the Lakers championship years

Shaq back 2 L.A
12-20-2008, 11:59 PM
lets get back on q and let the people give their opinion on the weakest lakers team ever

Mr.3XP3RT
12-21-2008, 12:17 AM
this is akward to say but im not including Lakers to race to the finals back again,and that is because lakers are really playing like bums.no defense,no toughness mentalitty YO' whats up with this Laker team?,thats my question!
IMO houston rockets in crunch time,no team will compare to them in the playoff's!,and thats a fact ppl.in a series of 7 games rockets beat lakers 4-2.
all basketball fans give your opinion,i would like to hear other ppl's opinions thnx. :cool::cool:

cubulls
12-21-2008, 12:20 AM
Yea, the Lakers suck :rolleyes:

what54!?
12-21-2008, 12:23 AM
Top record in the west and they suck....yeah. Idk bynum isn't as tough as people thought he would be.

Frrrrank!!!
12-21-2008, 12:26 AM
The Lakers are soft, they need to find whatever it was that was getting them going in the beg. of the season. This is why I never understood why people say the Lakers are better than the Celtics. The Lakers need to show they can go 48 min. playing inspired D on a consistant basis. They have yet to prove they can do it.

Spurred1
12-21-2008, 12:30 AM
A "big slumpy streak" is really exaggerated. Two games in a row...not much of a streak at all.

Mr.3XP3RT
12-21-2008, 12:31 AM
yeah lakers suck right now badly...

charles barkley-"i said my grandma will drop 30 on em,my momma will drop 50 of them".

JIDsanity
12-21-2008, 12:31 AM
What ever it is thy need to bounce out of it. Everytime they lose on the weekend the Nets lose

SUNDUNDIDIT
12-21-2008, 12:33 AM
They're not as bad as the weak *** Denver Nuggets.

Wilson
12-21-2008, 12:35 AM
We've been slumping for a long time, compared to how we should be playing. We've been playing no defense, and after a pretty good stretch, Bynum has struggled a bit recently. I'm not looking forward to Christmas anymore...

Gilbert>TheRest
12-21-2008, 12:36 AM
if people freak out after they lose 2 games in a row that proves how amazing they are

NJrockPD
12-21-2008, 12:43 AM
if people freak out after they lose 2 games in a row that proves how amazing they are

or how abnoxious the lakers fans are.

Mr.3XP3RT
12-21-2008, 12:45 AM
hey yo redskin dude if it wasnt for lucky shots that kobe has done we would have lost about 5-6 games in a row lol....we have a right to freak out lol..

innovator
12-21-2008, 12:50 AM
lol how is the rockets better than LA? houston also had a 2 game losing streak and they have a worse record

Wilson
12-21-2008, 12:53 AM

or how abnoxious the lakers fans are.

Not really...

People who follow the Lakers know how poorly we've played on defense, and how bad our decision making has been on offense a number of times. It just seems like the Lakers feel that they're just gonna win the championship regardless, they're not showing any heart out there, even in the wins...

Lakersho
12-21-2008, 12:58 AM
hey mr e3xpr3t barkley didnt say that about lakers get your facts strait smart guy!

Lakersho
12-21-2008, 01:03 AM
hate on the lakers all you want,come see us in the playoffs then talk trash.same as last year i ll bet ...

Mr.3XP3RT
12-21-2008, 01:05 AM
lakersfosho i know he did not,im not that dumb smart pants,and u know what he should have..im a laker fan till i die but i gotta be honest..and with the lakers defense we have,what barkley said might happen to lakers lol

superkegger
12-21-2008, 01:15 AM
We're not even 30 games into the season. We've had some defensive lapses yes. yes, we've lost two in a row. Yes we have some problems. But really, we're still first in the west, and we still have a very talented squad. We've got one of the best coaches of all time, who always has the big picture in mind.
I'm a bit concerned with the play as of late, but I'm also very confident in the fact that at some point, things are going to start to fall into place and start clicking. We're not playing our best basketball right now, by any means, and we have 5 losses. I'll take that.
Laker fans, perhaps more than any other fans (though i can't say with certainty), live and die with every single game. I myself fall victim to it. But we're not going to play 82 perfect basketball games. We're going to struggle at times, it happens to everyone. We're struggling right now. But really, it's about figuring things out right now, and then peaking once the playoffs come, so yeah, I'm really not too overly concerned about it.

Wilson
12-21-2008, 01:25 AM
We're not even 30 games into the season. We've had some defensive lapses yes. yes, we've lost two in a row. Yes we have some problems. But really, we're still first in the west, and we still have a very talented squad. We've got one of the best coaches of all time, who always has the big picture in mind.
I'm a bit concerned with the play as of late, but I'm also very confident in the fact that at some point, things are going to start to fall into place and start clicking. We're not playing our best basketball right now, by any means, and we have 5 losses. I'll take that.
Laker fans, perhaps more than any other fans (though i can't say with certainty), live and die with every single game. I myself fall victim to it. But we're not going to play 82 perfect basketball games. We're going to struggle at times, it happens to everyone. We're struggling right now. But really, it's about figuring things out right now, and then peaking once the playoffs come, so yeah, I'm really not too overly concerned about it.

That's the key. Everybody crowned the Lakers in the off-season, and I think the team may have bought too much into it. Hopefully the past couple of weeks prove to be a learning experience for the team.

BTownTeamsRKing
12-21-2008, 01:32 AM
the funny thing is all of you lakers fans thought because bynum is playing, that means your team becomes tough. he some how will make pau and vlad tough. not exactly how the whole tough defense idea works.

its very simple, the Lakers cant play the physical eastern teams. losing to the heat??? and then the magic, who the Celtics beat easily. losing to the pistons, who competed with the Celtics for a total of 10 minutes b/w both games.

i cant wait to see ATL vs LAL and of course Christmas day.

last, who would want odom for anything? i heard a rumor for teyshaun prince?!?! are the pistons going to be high when they make that deal? funny tho odom is probably your most physical player. anyone else saw that wreck he caused vs the heat when marion and somene else collided? thats physical play.

superkegger
12-21-2008, 01:35 AM
That's the key. Everybody crowned the Lakers in the off-season, and I think the team may have bought too much into it. Hopefully the past couple of weeks prove to be a learning experience for the team.

And I fully expect it will be. I'm upset when they lose, but the thing is, with this Laker team, I know the talent is there and we can be a very very very good team. We have the talent to win a championship. So while they've been painful losses to watch, I know eventually we'll figure things out. I don't know if we'll win it all this year, but I think we'll figure things out and put in a very good run at it. Sometimes things just don't work out, only 1 team can win it all, but with this team I'm confident they'll end up clicking the pieces into place and making a hell of a run at it.

superkegger
12-21-2008, 01:48 AM
the funny thing is all of you lakers fans thought because bynum is playing, that means your team becomes tough. he some how will make pau and vlad tough. not exactly how the whole tough defense idea works.

its very simple, the Lakers cant play the physical eastern teams. losing to the heat??? and then the magic, who the Celtics beat easily. losing to the pistons, who competed with the Celtics for a total of 10 minutes b/w both games.

i cant wait to see ATL vs LAL and of course Christmas day.

last, who would want odom for anything? i heard a rumor for teyshaun prince?!?! are the pistons going to be high when they make that deal? funny tho odom is probably your most physical player. anyone else saw that wreck he caused vs the heat when marion and somene else collided? thats physical play.

What people, at least rational people, thought bynum would do, is they thought he would be a presence in the lane. Block shots, stop the never ending layup drill in the lane etc...Apparently Laker perimeter players figured he would do this all on his own as well, and have decided being a matador is better than playing real defense. Not to mention our guards gamble on just about every pass for the steal, which is cool when they get it, but the other 4 out of 5 times when they don't, it leaves the rest of the team basically ****ed on defense.

But I digress. Bynum has turned out to be pretty poor thus far defensively. He's constantly a step or two slow on rotations, in foul trouble, or just making bone headed mistakes. He's 21 and he often looks way too much like it.
He's also decided that he needs to be some kind of offensive juggernaut, which he clearly is not, and won't be for some time. The Lakers don't really need him to dominate offensively. He needs to get deep position, which he doesn't do, he usually posts up about halfway between a high post and the low block, which is dumb, because hes so long, and has a big body most players can't match. Perhaps he's just not strong enough to bulls his way down there, because he's not "man strong" and still just a kid out there. I don't know. What it leads to is him trying too hard, taking some bad shots, and just simply not helping the offense. His game offensively is not much, if at all, more polished than Dwight Howards at this point, but Bynum must thing he's ****ing Kareem out there with the way he whines about not being in there in crunch time.

What Bynum needs to do is wise up and know his ****ing role. Offense comes to this team, when they're clicking, pretty easily. Bynum isn' in there to score. He's in there to board, and to prevent easy shots in the lane, and he's doing a pretty piss poor job at being that defensive anchor.

what54!?
12-21-2008, 01:54 AM
Bynum wants to be a superstar when he's not. He better just try to be like Greg Oden: grabs boards, block and/or alter shots, try to stay outta foul trouble, and score when its nescessary.

Mr.3XP3RT
12-21-2008, 01:56 AM
i agree,and what were missing is a lamar trade and im serious about this we can grab a better player who is legit at SF or PG wich we also need (PG).im sure it will best for lamar to play better in another team,but not just with us.he has done alot for us but we need some changes sorry to say but who strongly agrees with me?

Driven
12-21-2008, 01:57 AM
EDIT: Nevermind.

Kings Faithful
12-21-2008, 03:49 AM
Kings are softer and get injured from doing nothing.

CHRISDODGERS
12-21-2008, 04:09 AM
Lakers can't compete with the Celtics right now...

I secretly want them to lose on Christmas so it would force the Laker management to make a move...

Lebron23
12-21-2008, 04:15 AM
One of the most overrated team in the NBA.

BTownTeamsRKing
12-21-2008, 10:37 AM
What people, at least rational people, thought bynum would do, is they thought he would be a presence in the lane. Block shots, stop the never ending layup drill in the lane etc...Apparently Laker perimeter players figured he would do this all on his own as well, and have decided being a matador is better than playing real defense. Not to mention our guards gamble on just about every pass for the steal, which is cool when they get it, but the other 4 out of 5 times when they don't, it leaves the rest of the team basically ****ed on defense.

But I digress. Bynum has turned out to be pretty poor thus far defensively. He's constantly a step or two slow on rotations, in foul trouble, or just making bone headed mistakes. He's 21 and he often looks way too much like it.
He's also decided that he needs to be some kind of offensive juggernaut, which he clearly is not, and won't be for some time. The Lakers don't really need him to dominate offensively. He needs to get deep position, which he doesn't do, he usually posts up about halfway between a high post and the low block, which is dumb, because hes so long, and has a big body most players can't match. Perhaps he's just not strong enough to bulls his way down there, because he's not "man strong" and still just a kid out there. I don't know. What it leads to is him trying too hard, taking some bad shots, and just simply not helping the offense. His game offensively is not much, if at all, more polished than Dwight Howards at this point, but Bynum must thing he's ****ing Kareem out there with the way he whines about not being in there in crunch time.

What Bynum needs to do is wise up and know his ****ing role. Offense comes to this team, when they're clicking, pretty easily. Bynum isn' in there to score. He's in there to board, and to prevent easy shots in the lane, and he's doing a pretty piss poor job at being that defensive anchor.

i have one answer why he is what he is: High School Player. He didn't learn the role of a role player. He doesnt understand he isnt the star and when the lakers gave him that huge extension; it didn't help humbling him. basically, he doesnt get it and veteran centers will exploit that stubborness.

look at Kendrick Perkins. Great talent for rebounding and shot blocking, but it took 5 years to become a good player. and this is a guy who is the first one in the gym and the last one out according to KG.

Nighthawk
12-21-2008, 10:50 AM

Hearing this from a Laker fan is almost orgasmic. I think EVERYONE outside of LA had thought this about Bynum but still Lakers thought they would win a title JUST BECAUSE OF BYNUM??? WHYYYYYYYY!!!! Perk has shut down A.B both times they played....Just stop...I do respect yu though for this post. :clap:

Celtics got the Knicks at home today. That should be tough :rolleyes: 18 straight

See ya on X-Mas :D

superkegger
12-21-2008, 11:54 AM
i have one answer why he is what he is: High School Player. He didn't learn the role of a role player. He doesnt understand he isnt the star and when the lakers gave him that huge extension; it didn't help humbling him. basically, he doesnt get it and veteran centers will exploit that stubborness.

look at Kendrick Perkins. Great talent for rebounding and shot blocking, but it took 5 years to become a good player. and this is a guy who is the first one in the gym and the last one out according to KG.

Part of why Bynum is the way he is, is due to the extension, but there's more to it than that. The Buss family runs the Lakers, as you might already know. And Bynum was Jim Buss' pick; and now he's like Jim Buss' pet. Basically not only is he just an overgrown kid, but he's also the owner's son's pet project and pet player. I think he's pretty aware of it too.

I don't want to say he's putting himself over the team, but at this point to me, it looks like he isn't really aware of how to fit in on this team. It's like his agenda is a bit different than everyone else's :shrug:

As far as perk goes, well, yeah he knows his role on the team. But to be fair it's somewhat easier for him to do that. Not because of the big 3 or anything, but because well, he's never been hyped like Bynum. I'm not making excuses for him, but it's got to be somewhat difficult to stay grounded for Bynum when he's been hearing the things he has about himself.

Hearing this from a Laker fan is almost orgasmic. I think EVERYONE outside of LA had thought this about Bynum but still Lakers thought they would win a title JUST BECAUSE OF BYNUM??? WHYYYYYYYY!!!! Perk has shut down A.B both times they played....Just stop...I do respect yu though for this post. :clap:

Celtics got the Knicks at home today. That should be tough :rolleyes: 18 straight

See ya on X-Mas :D

Well, to be fair, I think part of the why Bynum has struggled is because of Gasol. Having two big men on the floor like that can be difficult, and then when you add Kobe to the mix, it makes it even more difficult. Like I said, it seems like Bynum isn't on the same page as everyone else. Kobe and Gasol seem to have a good flow to their game together. The rest of the team, while not playing very well, they at least seem to know what they are trying to do most of the time. Bynum however seems like he is trying to be the main man, when he should know what his role is and execute it.

When he does do that, it will make the Lakers a much better team, and it will improve their defense.

As far as the Christmas game. Man, I don't know what to expect. I can see the Lakers getting destroyed, I can see us playing it close (we do seem to play to the level of our competition), or even us figuring it out and beating on the Celtics. Really none of the 3 would surprise me.

Bg7getclutch
12-21-2008, 12:12 PM
they should get a good spot up shooter.

torontosports10
12-21-2008, 12:30 PM
haha Perk has "shut down" Bynum both times they played. Well ya see you just got done saying how Bynum sucks at offense and blah blah blah so its not a big job to stop him on offense.

zachattach
12-21-2008, 12:44 PM
Lakers need to show heart.. once bynum inked his new contract he has been slow and dumb. They need a guy that leaves everything on the court when he plays ala Gerald Wallace, they could learn something from someone like him. PS. Josh Powell needs to see more time.

Wilson
12-21-2008, 02:04 PM
they should get a good spot up shooter.

Derek Fisher is a fine spot up shooter. Sasha is a great one too, and Radman can be good when he's on.

It's our defensive effort and decision making which has kept us from fulfilling our potential thus far.

fairandbalanced
12-21-2008, 02:59 PM
This tread belongs in the Lakers forum. You cry babies have only lost 2 straigt games and you're acting as if you've lost 15 straight games. You've only lost 5 games so far for crying out loud. You Laker fans are sickening to me. JUST SHUT THE HELL UP. I have never seen fans cry over a 21-5 record, you're still comfortably ahead in West. Close this tread pls.

Wilson
12-21-2008, 03:53 PM
This tread belongs in the Lakers forum. You cry babies have only lost 2 straigt games and you're acting as if you've lost 15 straight games. You've only lost 5 games so far for crying out loud. You Laker fans are sickening to me. JUST SHUT THE HELL UP. I have never seen fans cry over a 21-5 record, you're still comfortably ahead in West. Close this tread pls.

Calm down...

There's a difference between stealing a few regular season games, and playing championship basketball. The Lakers have just been stealing games for a while now, and losing to teams like the Kings and Heat will not get it done (not to disrespect those teams).

When the Laker fans were in here talking about how they were going to beat the Celtics and beat 72-10 and all that, people were complaining and calling them homers. Yet, when a guy comes in here saying 'the record looks good, but we're not playing well', we sicken you?

GCOOKIE7
12-21-2008, 04:15 PM
Oh so you guys are all scared that the Lakers ore on a SLUMP???????? LOOK AT MY RAPTORS!!!!!!!! At least you guys are leading your conference by 5 games!

oldenpolynice
12-21-2008, 04:47 PM
Two consecutive road losses in Florida and all of the sudden the Lakers have an almost identical record to the Magic.

Andrew Bynum has regressed, Pau Gasol's come back to Earth and Kobe has been missing key shots in the fourth quarter.

What's going on with this team? They look almost more beatable than last season now.

Full article here:

http://davissportsdeli.com/wordpress/2008/12/21/the-lakers-are-mortal-after-all/

G-Funk
12-21-2008, 04:52 PM
Lakers fans want nothing more than a championship team, and Lakers don't look like one right now, they have pleanty of time to make some changes. Im sure they will play like the first 9 games of the week come playoff time.

G-Funk
12-21-2008, 04:54 PM
Lakers are beating themselfs. Im sure that if they were playing to their potential, they would have won all those games.

oldenpolynice
12-21-2008, 04:58 PM
Lakers are beating themselfs. Im sure that if they were playing to their potential, they would have won all those games.

Exactly my point. This team has elite-level talent but are starting to slip quite a bit. You can't win a championship if you're a team that makes mental mistakes all the time.

fairandbalanced
12-21-2008, 05:11 PM
Calm down...

There's a difference between stealing a few regular season games, and playing championship basketball. The Lakers have just been stealing games for a while now, and losing to teams like the Kings and Heat will not get it done (not to disrespect those teams).

When the Laker fans were in here talking about how they were going to beat the Celtics and beat 72-10 and all that, people were complaining and calling them homers. Yet, when a guy comes in here saying 'the record looks good, but we're not playing well', we sicken you?

Give your team credit for their achievements. Miami is not as bad as you guys think they are. The Lakers did not steal anything, they worked hard for every win.

Hellcrooner
12-21-2008, 05:32 PM
want to tell it as it is? count the number of shots kobe took last two games and how many did take the second palyer with most.

not surprinsigly after roys 52 points......

ARMIN12NBA
12-21-2008, 05:32 PM
Exactly my point. This team has elite-level talent but are starting to slip quite a bit. You can't win a championship if you're a team that makes mental mistakes all the time.

That is why it is only December. Phil Jackson led teams are known to surge late in the season during March and April. The Lakers have the championship talent as you said, but they still have to put all the pieces together. I believe they can do that, but they obviously aren't playing at the level they are capable of playing. We will see how they progress from here. I am hoping to see improvement and a new found determination after these two very close losses.

Hellcrooner
12-21-2008, 05:43 PM
in my opinion Pau and Bynum is not a good mix, specially since bynum is starting to show himself greedy and moans about number of shots etc.

Trade one of them is the solution.

Wilson
12-21-2008, 05:44 PM
Give your team credit for their achievements. Miami is not as bad as you guys think they are. The Lakers did not steal anything, they worked hard for every win.

Oh yeah, I wouldn't say that Miami are a bad team. But there a team that you should be beating if you're trying to win a championship.

The Lakers have not worked hard for their wins. That implies playing defense, which we did for a week or so, and haven't done since.

Lakersfan2483
12-21-2008, 05:45 PM
Two consecutive road losses in Florida and all of the sudden the Lakers have an almost identical record to the Magic.

Andrew Bynum has regressed, Pau Gasol's come back to Earth and Kobe has been missing key shots in the fourth quarter.

What's going on with this team? They look almost more beatable than last season now.

Full article here:

http://davissportsdeli.com/wordpress/2008/12/21/the-lakers-are-mortal-after-all/

The lakers are struggling right now, but it's an 82 game season and it's only December, they will correct their mistakes soon. The team has a lot of work to do in order to make it to the finals and win a title, but having the top record out west is a good start. The main thing for the team to do is improve defensively.

Frrrrank!!!
12-21-2008, 05:49 PM
in my opinion Pau and Bynum is not a good mix, specially since bynum is starting to show himself greedy and moans about number of shots etc.

Trade Bynum?!? I thought he was the missing piece to the puzzle?

Lakersfan2483
12-21-2008, 05:49 PM

I would not trade either of them, but Bynum has definitely been struggling lately. He has to understand that his touches are not going to come as often with Gasol down low. Bynum needs to focus on being our defensive anchor and getting back to "patrolling" the paint. The sooner he gets his head back in the game, the better off our defense will be. His goals should be to block and alter several shots a game and snatch down more rebounds. We need his presence on the court on both offense and defense.

ARMIN12NBA
12-21-2008, 05:51 PM

No it is not. They are both great players and you just don't trade one of them because of a few issues. The issue isn't even touches; the issue is "crunch time" minutes. Bynum wants to play with Pau in the clutch moments, but Phil Jackson insists that Lamar Odom plays in the final minutes.

laker4life24
12-21-2008, 05:52 PM
i hope the laker get spank against boston again...and kobe demands a ****ing trade....................

odom for marion
sasha for raja bell
farmar, luke, mihm for a first one pick.............................

lakers need a point guard= marbury.........

Lakersfan2483
12-21-2008, 05:53 PM

Our mental mistakes are being magnified because we have dropped 2 games, but it's still early in the season.

Lakersfan2483
12-21-2008, 05:56 PM
No it is not. They are both great players and you just don't trade one of them because of a few issues. The issue isn't even touches; the issue is "crunch time" minutes. Bynum wants to play with Pau in the clutch moments, but Phil Jackson insists that Lamar Odom plays in the final minutes.

Lamar is giving us next to nothing off of the bench, hopefully we can trade him soon. I would much rather see both Bynum and Pau in the 4th quarter.

Hellcrooner
12-21-2008, 06:02 PM
if there were a stabilshed pecking order about shooting things would be better.

Kobe 18-20 shots pau 15-17 shots Bynum and odom 8-10 and then the rest just with the one who is hot in the game.

also kobe has to stop taking 80% of the shots in the last quarter that lost us in 04 and in 08 and will lose us agian over and over, for gods sake trust your mates!!!!

king4day
12-21-2008, 06:03 PM
Soooooooo why is this in the NBA forum?

superkegger
12-21-2008, 06:04 PM
because about 90% of laker fans are ********.

superkegger
12-21-2008, 06:05 PM
Kobe's shot selection has not been the problem, at all.

Hellcrooner
12-21-2008, 06:06 PM
^did you see the same two games i did the last two nights?

Lakersfan2483
12-21-2008, 06:07 PM
if there were a stabilshed pecking order about shooting things would be better.

Kobe 18-20 shots pau 15-17 shots Bynum and odom 8-10 and then the rest just with the one who is hot in the game.

also kobe has to stop taking 80% of the shots in the last quarter that lost us in 04 and in 08 and will lose us agian over and over, for gods sake trust your mates!!!!

The lakers just have to get back to executing on both offense and defense.

JayW_1023
12-21-2008, 06:08 PM
The Laker have only had their -FIRST- back to back losses of the season...and we already have three threads made by Laker fans making excuses.

Tsk, tsk...I don't wanna know what happens when the Lakers actually lose more than two games in a row.

king4day
12-21-2008, 06:10 PM
because about 90% of laker fans are ********.

I don't mind LA related topics, but these particular types of discussions never end well ya know.

Granted, to stay on topic, it's still early. I don't think this LA team is the one we'll see a few months from now.
RIght now, it's

Top Tier:
Bos/Cle

Second Tier:
LA/Magic

Third Tier:
everyone else.

superkegger
12-21-2008, 06:10 PM
yes, and were it not for Kobe, they wouldn't have had a chance in those games. Yes, Kobe took a lot of shots, but Pau simply hasn't been himself, hes sick and simply hasn't been as effective as normal. There's no reason Pau should have struggled vs. Miami and their near non existant frontline, but he did. If you couldn't recognize that Kobe needed to be more demonstrative the last two games, I don't know what you were watching.

Hellcrooner
12-21-2008, 06:12 PM
but of course Kobes shot selection and Andrews Moaning are not the only troubles....

Pau should be more agressive specially on offense, being humble is one thing but he looks STUPID he must step up and show he is the LEUTENAT to kobe.

Odom... i dont know even where to start with this scumbag, JUST TRADE HIS *** OUT OF LA!!!!!!

Fisher, is being crappy at D and is showing his age.

Farmar is starting to be annoying and forcing shots instead of doing hs work.

Shasha is luke walton II big pay day forget about my play.

Phil, what the hell is doing radman on the bench the whole games!!!!!!!!!!!

Lakersfan2483

You have to understand what was transpiring the last 2 games, Bynum played 12 minutes the last game because of foul trouble. Gasol's illness has made him ineffective these past 2 games, so of course Kobe is going to take more shots. Obviously, Pau needs to take more shots, but he has not been as aggressive lately because he's been under the weather. Lamar Odom has done nothing all year, so the ball should not be in his hands. When Gasol's strength returns, he will be ready to roll.

ARMIN12NBA

Kobe actually shot well both nights and was attacking and driving to the basket. Pau has been the biggest no show the last two games (besides Lamar and Bynum, but they aren't nearly as important as Pau). He was awful against Orlando and missed a wide open layup that was huge. He also missed the free-throw that would have tied the game against Miami in the waning seconds.

superkegger
12-21-2008, 06:13 PM
I don't mind LA related topics, but these particular types of discussions never end well ya know.

Granted, to stay on topic, it's still early. I don't think this LA team is the one we'll see a few months from now.
RIght now, it's

Top Tier:
Bos/Cle

Second Tier:
LA/Magic

Third Tier:
everyone else.

Yeah, that's the point, it's early. Laker fans need to calm down and stop overreacting.

what54!?
12-21-2008, 06:15 PM
Its not like the magic or heat are bad teams....

Lakersfan2483
12-21-2008, 06:15 PM
but of course Kobes shot selection and Andrews Moaning are not the only troubles....

Pau should be more agressive specially on offense, being humble is one thing but he looks STUPID he must step up and show he is the LEUTENAT to kobe.

Odom... i dont know even where to start with this scumbag, JUST TRADE HIS *** OUT OF LA!!!!!!

Fisher, is being crappy at D and is showing his age.

Farmar is starting to be annoying and forcing shots instead of doing hs work.

Shasha is luke walton II big pay day forget about my play.

Phil, what the hell is doing radman on the bench the whole games!!!!!!!!!!!

Phil made a bad mistake in benching Vlad Radmonvic, he's been playing good basketball this year (I have been very critical of Rad, but he's perfomed well all year). In my opinion, Rad needs to play more. Rad and Ariza need to play the majority of minutes at the small forward.

da wood
12-21-2008, 06:24 PM
i will say i i do get very pissed when the lakers lose. pissed

superkegger
12-21-2008, 06:34 PM
The Laker have only had their -FIRST- back to back losses of the season...and we already have three threads made by Laker fans making excuses.

Tsk, tsk...I don't wanna know what happens when the Lakers actually lose more than two games in a row.

Well we'll never get to that point so you don't have to worry. :D

Hawkeye15
12-21-2008, 06:38 PM
Its too early to worry. The Lakers are the team to beat in the west at this point. I think New Orleans will come on strong, and Houston could make a push. The east is Boston and Cleveland, for now. There are still 50+ games to be played. The Laker's defense has come and gone, but I think they will figure it out. Boston looks to be the best team in the NBA by far at this point. We will see if they hold up

zambo4president
12-21-2008, 07:38 PM

A pack of weed? Were are you buyin my brotha? :shrug:

*Superman*
12-21-2008, 07:51 PM
That Magic/Laker game was the best game i have ever went to. The Lakers had a chance but Sasha missed a wide open 3 and Kobe missed the buzzer beater.

UofA
12-21-2008, 08:04 PM
I still see them as favorites in the West

UofA
12-21-2008, 08:13 PM

How much comes in a pack?

Iodine
12-21-2008, 08:26 PM
How much comes in a pack?

7 weed tablets

everyteam loses games that they should win and go on loseing stretches
Way to overestimate a two game skid psd

innovator
12-21-2008, 08:36 PM
i will guarantee that the lakers will beat the grizzlies tom haha

zambo4president
12-21-2008, 08:48 PM
7 weed tablets

everyteam loses games that they should win and go on loseing stretches
Way to overestimate a two game skid psd

Weed tablets? Like seeds? What the ****s a weed tablet?

zambo4president
12-21-2008, 08:50 PM

Hell yeah we would.

Lakersho
12-21-2008, 11:34 PM
what is all this descent,its early calm down...

gcoll
12-22-2008, 12:09 AM
To the OP. Calm down.

G-Funk
12-22-2008, 12:18 AM
Its too early to worry. The Lakers are the team to beat in the west at this point. I think New Orleans will come on strong, and Houston could make a push. The east is Boston and Cleveland, for now. There are still 50+ games to be played. The Laker's defense has come and gone, but I think they will figure it out. Boston looks to be the best team in the NBA by far at this point. We will see if they hold up

agreed

G-Funk
12-22-2008, 12:32 AM
Fisher: “As badly as we want to be the best,” he said, “they don’t hand out any trophies in December.”

G-Funk
12-22-2008, 12:33 AM
And 4 all the ppl talking smack, be carefull in might bite u in the ***.

GSW fan
12-22-2008, 12:43 AM
The warriors will trade odom bynum and gasol for that crawford guy with the herpes

Hellcrooner
12-22-2008, 07:39 AM
still with al the bad things happening we are still on 66 victories progression....yeah sheer ****,..... ;)

MagicBucsSox
12-22-2008, 09:29 AM
you guys think its a possibilty that if lakers dont win the finals kobe will opt out? he's 30 now this is his last chance at a big payday

Alex-sama
12-22-2008, 10:53 AM
you guys think its a possibilty that if lakers dont win the finals kobe will opt out? he's 30 now this is his last chance at a big payday

May-b but whatever his choice is I think he'll stay at Lakers. Lakers is quite strong ATM leaving will be very stupid.

JordansBulls
12-22-2008, 11:08 AM

Opt out and go where? As long as he is on a good team he will stay. If he went to any other team with a star player he wouldn't get as much credit for winning because it won't be considered his team.

macc
12-22-2008, 12:33 PM
I'm a Magic fan and I have to say that was one of my top 2 favorite games to watch this year. It was a great game that came down to the end. I have to admit it was nice seeing the Magic beat LA because one of my best friends is a big LA fan...anyways you get the point. In any case I like seeing LA do good as well because I think Kobe is the best player in the game and I'm trying to appreciate him while he's still here, much like Jordan when he was in the league. Obviously the laker are elite but I don't understand what Phil Jackson is doing with his rotations sometimes. IMO I would have Odom as your 7th or 8th player behind Vlad and Ariza. Ariza was on my Magic team a couple years back and it looks like he has developed a jump shot which he didn't have when he was with us. He's a scrappy and will dive for any loose ball within his reach. Vlad is solid I think, his only problem is he's not big downlow. He's like a better version of Brian Cook. I would trade Sasha and Walton, Sasha shows flashes of being "decent" but I think he hurts the team more then helps them with his forced shots. I would like to thank him for missing that wide open shot at the final sec of the game. Thanks Sash!

Iron24th
12-22-2008, 01:36 PM
If the Lakers suck,there's at least 27 teams which suck more.They're not as though as we want them to be,but after only two thrillers losses everybody say they suck,funny how people will become bandwagonner if they're 1st again.

kobes2good
12-22-2008, 01:51 PM
its frusterating but lets hope they get back on their feet

fresh prince
12-22-2008, 02:33 PM

Id do that in a heartbeat. Noc is just what we need... he plays good D and can space the floor

Odom would blow up in Chicago too

MagicBucsSox
12-22-2008, 03:38 PM
ok any team kobe would go to other than bos,cleve,or n.o would be considered his team so what are you talking about,the guy is the best player in the world any team he'd go to would get better and be contenders. i just cant see him staying there if the lakers dont win it all it seems they're commited to that bum bynum as the future

ALQ20
12-22-2008, 04:07 PM
HEY GUYS IM A DIE HARD LAKER FAN BUT I JUST Wanted to say... that we are probably the softest team in the history of the nba yes we are softer then the thunder and the grizzles! and when u have the so-called best coach in the world u should win right? hells no phil jackson is way past his years he plane doesn't know how to teach these guys defense and he messes up the rotation every single game!! i mean he doesn't even put bynum into the game when it counts! all i wanted to say is that not even kobes 40 points helped the laker win tonight against the magic!!!! i just wanted to know wat the rest of u had to say!

lakers<celtics
lakers<cavaliers(4 now)
lakers<pistons
lakers<nba!!

its so stressing watching the lakers play like this every single game after the way they started the season!

comments

for a die hard laker fan u sure sound like a cry baby that doesnt know how to be a die hard laker fan. we have a championship caliber team....not even a 1/4 into the season. and u post this on the NBA forum so we can hear EVERYBODY'S critique...? and u post that the cavs, pistons, celtics and the WHOLE NBA is better than the Lakers....die hard fan huh?? just shut up....

Hellcrooner
12-22-2008, 05:28 PM
Dallas and Detroit and PORTLAND have hughe money this year to offer and they have hughe players already too.

But well if he opts out then just wait a year and reunite either Wade or Lebron with Pau in LA land he he he he he he he.

So wahts our choice laker haters?
Muahahhahaha

Rome
12-22-2008, 08:55 PM
Still got a way better record then my team.... they'll be fine.

G-Funk
12-24-2008, 09:25 PM
the funny thing is all of you lakers fans thought because bynum is playing, that means your team becomes tough.

Hearing this from a Laker fan is almost orgasmic. I think EVERYONE outside of LA had thought this about Bynum but still Lakers thought they would win a title JUST BECAUSE OF BYNUM??? WHYYYYYYYY!!!!
:D

In fact, here's a crazy stat to chew on -- the Lakers are 19-1 when Bynum blocks a shot, but 1-4 when he doesn't. Shifting from 95 percent odds of winning to 20 percent based on the fortunes of one player seems pretty huge, and obviously there's an element of randomness here.

Zefflin
12-24-2008, 09:47 PM
Random but interesting stat.

If the young bastard would focus as hard as he does on the defensive end as he does with the offensive we'd be cruising.

Morgan
12-24-2008, 09:50 PM

The Lakers should trade Lamar Odom and Sasha Vujacic for Gerald Wallace. The Bobcats would probably do that deal too because they need a PF and have been dangling Wallace for months now.