PDA

View Full Version : Steve "The Franchise" Francis

ProdigyI
12-21-2008, 04:07 AM
He's on the Rockets right now last time I heard, but does anybody know whats going on with him? He's only 32 and one would think that he still has 3 more prime years ahead of him. I just find it kind of sad that this man was one of the elite PG's just 3 years ago and now he's nowhere to be heard of. If he comes back healthy, wherever he is, I think the Rockets could have the best starting 5 in the NBA and win it all this year.

Steve Francis
Tracy McGrady
Ron Arest
Luis Scola
Yao Ming

Im not a Rocket fan and still think the Bulls have a shot of going to the Eastern Conference finals this year via blockbuster trade for a big man, but that rocket lineup could be lethal.

PurpleJesus
12-21-2008, 04:29 AM
francis is done, once he went to orlando, he just lost it. it is truly sad.

ProdigyI
12-21-2008, 04:37 AM
His Best season of his career was actually in Orlando 04-05. He averaged 21-7-6

Duncan = Donkey
12-21-2008, 05:20 AM
is he injured or just riding the bench??

_Sn1P3r_
12-21-2008, 10:36 AM
I guess he's done and is there as a veteran presence. Unless he's injured?

acohn1230
12-21-2008, 10:51 AM
he got some playing time at the beggining of last year and he did pretty well, but then the rockets developed aaron brooks, so francis never really got another shot at going in.

most of the fans in houston love him though..we were glad to have him back

JordansBulls
12-21-2008, 10:54 AM
francis is done, once he went to orlando, he just lost it. it is truly sad.

Not Orlando but the Knicks.

Nighthawk
12-21-2008, 11:12 AM
he's on the rockets right now last time i heard, but does anybody know whats going on with him? He's only 32 and one would think that he still has 3 more prime years ahead of him. I just find it kind of sad that this man was one of the elite pg's just 3 years ago and now he's nowhere to be heard of. If he comes back healthy, wherever he is, i think the rockets could have the best starting 5 in the nba and win it all this year.

Steve francis
tracy mcgrady
ron arest
luis scola
yao ming

im not a rocket fan and still think the bulls have a shot of going to the eastern conference finals this year via blockbuster trade for a big man, but that rocket lineup could be lethal.

give up hope!!!

fredv
12-21-2008, 01:05 PM
He's coming back from injury and said himself that he wasn't ready to play yet. He will see some PT probably after christmas.

astrosmaniac
12-21-2008, 04:25 PM
he got some playing time at the beggining of last year and he did pretty well, but then the rockets developed aaron brooks, so francis never really got another shot at going in.

most of the fans in houston love him though..we were glad to have him back

he hasnt played a single minute this year...

_Sn1P3r_
12-21-2008, 05:32 PM
He's coming back from injury and said himself that he wasn't ready to play yet. He will see some PT probably after christmas.

Nice, I wonder what he could do on the court these days.

UnWantedTheory
12-21-2008, 05:39 PM
Yeah i have been wondering about him....hmmm...

BlondeBomber41
12-21-2008, 09:23 PM
he hasnt played a single minute this year...

He said the beginning of last year

rhino17
12-22-2008, 03:33 AM
He said he should be fully healthy around the all-star break. i think if aaron brooks continues to play the way he does, I can see Rafer Alston being traded and possibly opening up a little time for Steve. I dont care what people say about him not having it anymore, he still has more HEART than anyone currently on the Rockets roster and that is something they desperately need.

phils07
12-22-2008, 04:10 AM
guys stevey is donezo.

and chicago..ur really funny. they have absolutely no shot even with the acquisition of a "big man." ur not getting anyone. ur rebuilding. im not trying to be a douche, but thats the situation. ur bulls have D Rose, dont get crazy and say theyll be that good that soon. give them time. they needs to weed out some riff raff like larry hughes and drew gooden. and deng is nothing special, same with ty thomas and noah. this is rebuilding.

but francis is dundie. after so many injuries, the odds are not in his favor. let Houstons big 3 be healthy for a significant stretch before any claims are made about them.

JordansBulls
12-22-2008, 09:22 AM
He said he should be fully healthy around the all-star break. i think if aaron brooks continues to play the way he does, I can see Rafer Alston being traded and possibly opening up a little time for Steve. I dont care what people say about him not having it anymore, he still has more HEART than anyone currently on the Rockets roster and that is something they desperately need.

What was he doing during the offseason? Why didn't he get healthy then?

Yogi
12-22-2008, 09:55 AM
He was a baller, too bad he's not anymore.

TMAC94
12-22-2008, 10:21 AM

agreeed trade alston for a big man start rbrooks he can plllllay klike 35 mins and the rest go too francis

Alex-sama
12-22-2008, 10:49 AM
Brooks play almost the whole 48 min while Alston is injured. Back up for Brooks is nice to have. When Francis get back in form. Rockets is very solid at PG. They can rotate with each other if there are back to back games.

PG: Alston/Brooks/Francis

HOZ THE KNICK
12-22-2008, 10:50 AM
you guys are crazy don't you know this guy is washed up....

king4day
12-22-2008, 10:58 AM
I don't think a healthy Francis will be the difference between failure and success for Houston.
If he actually was in his prime (because he doesn't have 3 prime years left), then I'd say for sure.

petski
12-22-2008, 11:03 AM

your crazy, why trade rafer to open up minutes for a bum!

astrosmaniac
12-22-2008, 02:07 PM
your crazy, why trade rafer to open up minutes for a bum!

exactly. i could understand shifting rafer to the bench to get brooks more playing time and help out the 2nd squad, but dont trade him to open up a spot for a guy who most likely wont even play, and if he did, it will be very little minutes and poor play

rhino17
12-22-2008, 02:28 PM
What was he doing during the offseason? Why didn't he get healthy then?

he was supposed to be out an entire year for that surgery apparently, they said he is ahead of schedule

rhino17
12-22-2008, 02:30 PM
exactly. i could understand shifting rafer to the bench to get brooks more playing time and help out the 2nd squad, but dont trade him to open up a spot for a guy who most likely wont even play, and if he did, it will be very little minutes and poor play

I think rafer is the biggest weakness on the Rockets. He does absolutely NOTHING well. He cant shoot the balls, he cant drive to the basket, he cant get assists, he doesnt play good defense, etc. I think if Steve can get back, he can at least be a Chuck Hayes type of point guard who can bring hustle in for 5-10 minutes a game because despite his loss of everything else, he never will lose his heart of hustle

fredv
12-22-2008, 02:46 PM
I think rafer is the biggest weakness on the Rockets. He does absolutely NOTHING well. He cant shoot the balls, he cant drive to the basket, he cant get assists, he doesnt play good defense, etc. I think if Steve can get back, he can at least be a Chuck Hayes type of point guard who can bring hustle in for 5-10 minutes a game because despite his loss of everything else, he never will lose his heart of hustle

Rafer is the only guy with Tmac who can correctly feed Yao the ball. Brooks isn't a good passer, he's more of and undersized SG. And I read on another forum that Brooks is the guy who passes the less to Yao. While I think we should feed that monster.
Rafer can shoot, and he is the guy who knows the best the offense.

The Rockets organisation have been, and are still, preparing Brooks to take over as the starting PG very soon(next year or in 2 seasons). We don't have to rush the kid and give him 40 minutes every game or he's just going to get injured. Nobody wants that.

I say keep Rafer starting, but give more minutes to Brooks.

As of Steve, he is still a mystery. There are many rumors about him on the web; Is going to get packaged with Head for somebody, Les could try to make him retire so the Rockets don't have to pay the LT.
Anyways, he isn't in the coaches plan as of now. When Rafer got injured the coach said: Well Brooks can run the point, Tmac can, Head, maybe even Von Wafer. He didn't mention Francis a single time.

I think Francis will see some PT when he is ready (Jan-Feb), and he is taking his time. He has been rehabing all summer and has lost alot of weight.

So I guess time will tell, as of now, keep Rafer at the point, he was usefull in last years "playoff run".

Sport
12-22-2008, 02:49 PM

I agree, Francis can still contribute, just not the way he could when he first came in the league.

rhino17
12-22-2008, 05:54 PM
Rafer is the only guy with Tmac who can correctly feed Yao the ball. Brooks isn't a good passer, he's more of and undersized SG. And I read on another forum that Brooks is the guy who passes the less to Yao. While I think we should feed that monster.
Rafer can shoot, and he is the guy who knows the best the offense.

The Rockets organisation have been, and are still, preparing Brooks to take over as the starting PG very soon(next year or in 2 seasons). We don't have to rush the kid and give him 40 minutes every game or he's just going to get injured. Nobody wants that.

I say keep Rafer starting, but give more minutes to Brooks.".

If Rafer knows the offense better and is a better passer to Yao, then why has Yao been getting 30+ in almost every game since Brooks has been starting.

And Rafer can SHOOT????? Since when? He is a career 38% shooter from the field. That is absolutely terrible.

When Rafer is in the game, the rockets play worse, simple as that. They cant score, they can play defense. When Brooks comes in, they get a guy that can shoot better, plus drive to the basket and finish, an element Rafer does not have in his game.