PDA

View Full Version : Not hating on Celtics but this is why they won...

Mr.3XP3RT
12-21-2008, 02:20 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQaVvf2VOsc

Mr.3XP3RT
12-21-2008, 02:21 AM
almost seem's like if it was planned,SERIOUSLY lol...please watch the video NBA fans.

codes238
12-21-2008, 02:35 AM
this is pathetic honestly, get over it! i bet you could make the same video like that only including the calls that went their way... so stupid and bias! the celtics shut kobe down, they were the more agressive and more talented team... seriously get over it!

Rhino
12-21-2008, 02:49 AM
The Celtics won cause they were the more superior team. Just like they will win it again this year in my opinion. The Lakers were lucky and if you watched the Hornets series your Lakers got all the calls. Really the only reason why the Lakers even made it to the finals last year was because of the refs and the bias they showed for the Lakers during their run through the Western Conference. If the Spurs had a healthy Manu your Lakers would never have made it past them. You'll see what I'm talking about come playoff time. You better hope your Lakers don't make it back to the finals cuz the only way your team would be able to beat the Celtics will be through the refs.

zambo4president
12-21-2008, 02:51 AM
Defense wins as you all know.

TR444
12-21-2008, 02:51 AM
Nice video... I hope Kobe and the lakers will win this year.
I hate the celtics and their agressive defence

Mr.3XP3RT
12-21-2008, 02:55 AM
umm rhino thats how ur keltics won lol,help by the refs.no wonder the momentum was with the keltics bcus everytime we getting momentum the refs had to stop us call us for cheap fouls...this yr u guys wont be lucky lol..

BaySportsOnly
12-21-2008, 02:58 AM
For real, just get off Kobe's nuts and accept that the Lakers got beat by a better team. Kobe gets more touch calls than anyone in the league besides probably D-Wade anyways. I think more than anything this video just shows how good the Celts defense was. They had 2-3 guys around Kobe at all times, making the other players have to beat them, which they obviously didn't. Let's not forget that the Lakers blew like a 24-point second-half lead at home too. I don't think the refs had much to do with that letdown.

codes238
12-21-2008, 03:01 AM
umm rhino thats how ur keltics won lol,help by the refs.no wonder the momentum was with the keltics bcus everytime we getting momentum the refs had to stop us call us for cheap fouls...this yr u guys wont be lucky lol..

losers always whine, complain and make excuses, its just the way it is...

G-Funk
12-21-2008, 03:03 AM
lock it up before it gets ugly.

Wilson
12-21-2008, 03:05 AM
This has already been posted, and we weren't any better for it.

The Celtics were the tougher team, they kicked our *****. That's pretty much all there is to it, IMO.

Chicagofaithful
12-21-2008, 03:10 AM
alright well heres from a bulls fan who lives in downtown Boston...

first of all.. the jordan comments... unnecessary

second of all.. The fact is... i watch every celtics game cuz i have the local network... i actually like the celtics alot... but they get more calls than any team... i go to a lot of games at the TD bank north center... and im always in awe of how they literally get calls that sometimes didnt even happen. There was one a few days ago where ray allen was by himself no one within 10 ft of him... and some how he got to the line... everyone around me looked up at the replay... and all started cracking up because there was no foul, it gets ridiculous and refs feel compelled to call fouls for "the big three" and i believe its coming to light that Kevin Garnette will do anything (even at the expense of his integrity) to be aggressive. And because he's a freak.... he goes a bit nuts on defense and ends up fouling a lot more than gets called. While i like the celts and all... i completely understand how the Lakers could feel this way... and to be honest I HATE THE LAKERS... thats as unbiased as it gets...

Rhino
12-21-2008, 03:15 AM

Look everyone knows that the NBA is a different league then in the past. The calls and non calls that happen during a given game are in my opinoin a travesty to the game itself. If you don't see that then your blind. The NBA used to be respectable sport, but I really believe when they stopped calling traveling and they allowed the pushing off, and the flops, thats when the sport took a turn for the worse. The only thing you can hope for is that the game is some how called fairly if that is even possible. I'm sure I've said alittle too much for your mind to comprehend but either way good luck on your theory.

Rhino
12-21-2008, 03:26 AM
Whats with the gay music are we supposed to be crying for Kobe lol oh my God that video was pathedic but it was funny.

Rhino
12-21-2008, 03:28 AM
Oh and by the way Jordan didn't play in a watered down league. He learned from the best thats what helped him accomplish what he and his Chicago Bulls accomplished so get it right bone head.

DRE'-MAC
12-21-2008, 03:32 AM
I didn't watch all of it but the beggining talks about how they were double teaming them. Thats called a strategy. I'm not sure how thats unfair? Its called being smart.

gcoll
12-21-2008, 03:34 AM
I didn't watch all of it but the beggining talks about how they were double teaming them. Thats called a strategy. I'm not sure how thats unfair? Its called being smart.
It was trying to make the point that Jordan didn't have to face that type of defensive schemes.

At one point he says "Having to go by 4 Celtics defenders...which can be very frustrating for a player like Kobe".....PASS THE BALL. If you have 4 guys around you, kick it to a shooter.

And he lamented the fact that the zone wants you to take long shots. Yes. That's the gist. But you break the zone by making those shots, and by crashing the boards because the zone makes it a bit easier to get offensive boards.

The guy is whining because Kobe lost. And what that video showed was that the Celtics played some pretty good defense.

I think the point of the video is "It's not Kobe's fault the Lakers lost" but...so what? At one point the lisping narrator calls Kobe "a willing passer" and complains that Kobe's teammates couldn't finish.

Basically. The lisping narrator whines a lot.

Blames the loss on fouls I guess. And there was some clutching and grabbing....the better defensive teams do that sort of thing. Watch when the Suns play the Spurs, Bowen grabs Nash on every single play. Although with the addition of J-Rich not sure if Bowen will be guarding Nash.

DRE'-MAC
12-21-2008, 03:37 AM
It was trying to make the point that Jordan didn't have to face that type of defensive schemes.

At one point he says "Having to go by 4 Celtics defenders...which can be very frustrating for a player like Kobe".....PASS THE BALL. If you have 4 guys around you, kick it to a shooter.

And he lamented the fact that the zone wants you to take long shots. Yes. That's the gist. But you break the zone by making those shots, and by crashing the boards because the zone makes it a bit easier to get offensive boards.

Well I thought the video was to prove why the Celtics won, not why Kobe is better than MJ

gcoll
12-21-2008, 03:45 AM
Well I thought the video was to prove why the Celtics won, not why Kobe is better than MJ

Yeah. And apparently they won by playing some pretty good defense.

But that video is not about the Celtics, or Lakers....it's about Kobe. He doesn't talk about the other Laker players, except to blame them for having shots blocked by Garnett.

Kings Faithful
12-21-2008, 03:47 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQaVvf2VOsc

Yet us "Queens" fans are told to shut up about the officiating back in 2002 but then this guy turns around and posts this.

Rhino
12-21-2008, 03:48 AM
There will never be another MJ and matter of fact IMO Kobe isn't even in the same room as MJ there are very few who are.

Ansy
12-21-2008, 03:49 AM
i bet you could make the same video like that only including the calls that went their way...

I doubt there would be as many non-calls that went the other way. That's not a slight on the consistency of the referreeing, it's just that the Lakers didn't take advantage of the way the games were being called. When the refs allow small amount of cheating, the team that cheats the most is at a huge advantage. The Lakers didn't cheat enough. This has happened to a lot of great teams in the playoffs.

I remember being frustrated as a Dallas fan, when guys like Bowen were repeatedly allowed to live outside of the rules on defense. Dallas suffered from this, but they learned how physical the playoffs are and how many fouls go uncalled, eventually adapted, and ultimately beat the Spurs in one of the best (and most underrated) playoff series in recent history.

This is what the Lakers mean when they say they're trying to be "tougher." They're trying, like Dallas did, to BE the team doing the small cheats that go uncalled.

Rhino
12-21-2008, 03:50 AM
Yet us "Queens" fans are told to shut up about the officiating back in 2002 but then this guy turns around and posts this.

Your right but that was different it was blatent back then you guys got raped and I always wondered how much the NBA paid off the refs to make sure the Lakers won.

Kings Faithful
12-21-2008, 03:52 AM
I dont know why this guy is complaining... The Celtics played defense, so what?

Rhino
12-21-2008, 03:54 AM

Lol I'm not sure either really I just saw the dumb post, had nothing better to do so I watched the video and laughed, and decided I would rip him alittle.

DRE'-MAC
12-21-2008, 03:56 AM

Thank You. Thats exactly what I'm saying.

DerekRE_3
12-21-2008, 04:04 AM

The guy is whining because Kobe lost. And what that video showed was that the Celtics played some pretty good defense.

I think the point of the video is "It's not Kobe's fault the Lakers lost" but...so what? At one point the lisping narrator calls Kobe "a willing passer" and complains that Kobe's teammates couldn't finish.

Basically. The lisping narrator whines a lot.

Blames the loss on fouls I guess. And there was some clutching and grabbing....the better defensive teams do that sort of thing. Watch when the Suns play the Spurs, Bowen grabs Nash on every single play. Although with the addition of J-Rich not sure if Bowen will be guarding Nash.

Exactly, couldn't have said it better myself. If you are doubled, someone is open, and unless the defense wants to leave that guy open, they have to rotate over. Which means the offense has to swing the ball quicker than the defense can rotate to get open shots. The Celtics rotated quicker than the Lakers could move the ball and when they did get open shots, their role players didn't make them, simple as that.

And thank you for bring up the offensive rebounding against a zone. When you play a zone, you guard a certain area, not a specific player. Which makes it tougher to decide which guy to box out, making it easier to get offensive rebounds. Not to mention that in a zone you make a team shoot outside shots. The longer the shot, the longer the rebound. The Celtics out muscled the soft Lakers and out husted them as well.

What the Celtics did is no secret. The bottom line is, the Celtics had a great gameplan to contain Kobe and make his teammates beat the Celtics. They didn't do that. Also, Phil Jackson didn't make the necessary adjustments to beat the Celtics defense. Not only were the Lakers outplayed, they were out-coached as well. They had no answer for the Celtics defense.

Kings Faithful
12-21-2008, 04:06 AM
Yeah, i dont get the complaint...The Celtics played smart D against Kobe and let his other sub par players try to step up and make shots, which they didnt, hence why they loss. I feel so bad for the Lakers and there fans! They got cheated! Since im just a Kings fan and im so used to getting all the calls i totally cant sympathize with them, it must be horrible! Please.....:rolleyes:

DerekRE_3
12-21-2008, 04:13 AM
Well they only have what 13 championships they are the most unlucky team in the league.

GspLAL
12-21-2008, 04:24 AM
To those of you saying "theyre just playing defense whats the problem", did you even watch the whole video? It's a prime example of Celtics getting calls the whole series, but it's nothing new it's always been like that. Look at the part of the video where he shows how the Celtics foul and get away with it, tell me I'm making excuses but its a REASON, any team would complain about this if it happened to them. Look at 7:35 and all the fouls displayed before that, people have nothing intelligent to respond with so they say "STOP CRYING AND MAKING EXCUSES"

Rhino
12-21-2008, 04:27 AM
Honestly should Kobe even be on the Lakers team. The only reason he is there is because of his whining and crying about how he wouldn't play for any other team then the Lakers so ya I feel so bad for the Lakers and how unlucky they are....lol ya right!

GspLAL
12-21-2008, 04:28 AM
Honestly should Kobe even be on the Lakers team. The only reason he is there is because of his whining and crying about how he wouldn't play for any other team then the Lakers so ya I feel so bad for the Lakers and how unlucky they are....lol ya right!

So youre about ....11 years old?

DerekRE_3
12-21-2008, 04:30 AM
To those of you saying "theyre just playing defense whats the problem", did you even watch the whole video? It's a prime example of Celtics getting calls the whole series, but it's nothing new it's always been like that. Look at the part of the video where he shows how the Celtics foul and get away with it, tell me I'm making excuses but its a REASON, any team would complain about this if it happened to them. Look at 7:35 and all the fouls displayed before that, people have nothing intelligent to respond with so they say "STOP CRYING AND MAKING EXCUSES"

I've watched this video twice now actually. And if the refs called every foul that went on, the game would stop every 2 seconds. There are already call too many fouls in the NBA.

Part of defense is doing everything you can to stop the other player from scoring. That includes trying to get away with everything that you can. That's just smart.

Rhino
12-21-2008, 04:30 AM

Accept it and move on if your team wants to do anything about it then beat them at their own game like Atl almost did. For the record your team has gotten its fair share of calls especially during your run through the Western Conf last year so I really don't see how you guys have any room to complain. Beat em at their own game or shut up and accept it like other teams have to do.

Rhino
12-21-2008, 04:31 AM
So youre about ....11 years old?

Nope just making my own point that I wanted to make if you have a problem with it too bad its the truth.

Rhino
12-21-2008, 04:32 AM
Oh and I don't remember Jordan crying about who he was drafted to play for do you? Thats just another point I wanted to make.

GspLAL
12-21-2008, 04:35 AM
I've watched this video twice now actually. And if the refs called every foul that went on, the game would stop every 2 seconds. There are already call too many fouls in the NBA.

Part of defense is doing everything you can to stop the other player from scoring. That includes trying to get away with everything that you can. That's just smart.

This is such a weak argument, ok so let's ignore all the calls and let it affect the series like it did, I'm not discrediting the Celtics cuz their defense was truly amazing, but saying they didnt have a huge advantage with the calls is freakin ignorant.

DerekRE_3
12-21-2008, 04:39 AM
This is such a weak argument, ok so let's ignore all the calls and let it affect the series like it did, I'm not discrediting the Celtics cuz their defense was truly amazing, but saying they didnt have a huge advantage with the calls is freakin ignorant.

The video was 10 minutes, made by a Laker fan. He showed 10 minutes (I bet there was a total of 5 minutes of actual gameplay) of a series that lasted 288 minutes. Do the math. A Celtic fan can make the same video showing how they "got screwed."

You lost, get over it. They outplayed you, outmuscled you, and outhustled you.

Rhino
12-21-2008, 04:40 AM

Whats ignorant is you trying to justify such a pathedic thread. Like you haven't watched your Lakers do the very same thing the Celtics did to the Lakers. Give me a break no one is going to feel pity for the mighty Lakers. Like I said before stop your whining and prove it on the court. The Lakers will have to earn it if they want it bad enough.

GspLAL
12-21-2008, 04:42 AM
The video was 10 minutes, made by a Laker fan. He showed 10 minutes (I bet there was a total of 5 minutes of actual gameplay) of a series that lasted 288 minutes. Do the math. A Celtic fan can make the same video showing how they "got screwed."

You lost, get over it. They outplayed you, outmuscled you, and outhusted you.

Cept they didn't get screwed, go make a video of it and show me how they got screwed.

Kings Faithful
12-21-2008, 04:43 AM

Its completely hypocritical for the Laker fans to come complaining to the rest of us with type of crap evidence when they adamantly deny the 2002 series ridiculousness even happened. I don't want to here any of this **** about the Lakers, this video is NOTHING compared to what happened to us. Soft Lakers + Smart Celtics = Celtics 2008 Champions.

GspLAL
12-21-2008, 04:44 AM
Whats ignorant is you trying to justify such a pathedic thread. Like you haven't watched your Lakers do the very same thing the Celtics did to the Lakers. Give me a break no one is going to feel pity for the mighty Lakers. Like I said before stop your whining and prove it on the court. The Lakers will have to earn it if they want it bad enough.

You just proved my point, Celtics got helped, thank you sir.

Kings Faithful
12-21-2008, 04:45 AM
Cept they didn't get screwed, go make a video of it and show me how they got screwed.

Here's how a real screwing looks ...and all in ONE GAME for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0KJvlSUB-w

DerekRE_3

You aren't looking at what I'm actually saying. NOBODY got screwed, but ANYBODY can make it look like a team did by splicing video together and make a 10 minutes video showing 20 or so plays where fouls weren't called.

GspLAL
Its completely hypocritical for the Laker fans to come complaining to the rest of us with type of crap evidence when they adamantly deny the 2002 series ridiculousness even happened. I don't want to here any of this **** about the Lakers, this video is NOTHING compared to what happened to us. Soft Lakers + Smart Celtics = Celtics 2008 Champions.

I love how you assume I denied anything without even knowing me or talking to me.

GspLAL
12-21-2008, 04:46 AM
You aren't looking at what I'm actually saying. NOBODY got screwed, but ANYBODY can make it look like a team did by splicing video together and make a 10 minutes video showing 20 or so plays where fouls weren't called.

So now you're completely denying it? Lol, this is hilarious.

Rhino
12-21-2008, 04:47 AM
Wow just wow I can't believe a Laker fan feels they got ripped off. To continue to push the point is idiotic and down right crazy. What it comes down to is this your team lost to a more superior team just like they have the past 2 games stop worrying about the past and worry about the future cause I believe a Laker meltdown is on the way.

madiaz3
12-21-2008, 04:47 AM
what i got from the video is that it wasn't trying to say the series was rigged but it was to rebutt all of the people who are like WOW IF KOBE WAS SO GOOD HOW COME HE DIDNT SCORE, MJ WOULD HAVE. Believe me there are tons of PSD posters who posted stuff like that.

GspLAL
12-21-2008, 04:48 AM
Wow just wow I can't believe a Laker fan feels they got ripped off. To continue to push the point is idiotic and down right crazy. What it comes down to is this your team lost to a more superior team just like they have the past 2 games stop worrying about the past and worry about the future cause I believe a Laker meltdown is on the way.

how many times you wanna repeat yourself? seriously stfu already.

madiaz3
12-21-2008, 04:49 AM
As for the Kings being cheated. That's been debunked time and time again, look at the freethrows for both teams throughout the series, exactly the same, it was agreed to be a poorly officiated game, but on both ends. Get over it. (Knicks fan)

Kings Faithful
12-21-2008, 04:50 AM
I love how you assume I denied anything without even knowing me or talking to me.

No, i didn't assume you do. I assume that Lakers fans do, and if you go and talk to the majority of them, they do. I dont know you, but you have no right to complain. This is just 10 minutes of game footage from a long series made by a lakers fan. Look at that video i posted and there is about 10 minutes of footage from 1 quarter and about 90% of the time something stupid is happening.

Kings Faithful
12-21-2008, 04:51 AM
As for the Kings being cheated. That's been debunked time and time again, look at the freethrows for both teams throughout the series, exactly the same, it was agreed to be a poorly officiated game, but on both ends. Get over it. (Knicks fan)

Fine, worst officiated game in the history of the NBA and it all just happened to favor the Lakers...is that better for you?

GspLAL
12-21-2008, 04:52 AM
From what you guys are saying it seems like you guys have no idea about how sports work, like they would never be setup for the league to earn more money, more ratings, more viewers. Yes the LA/Kings game 6 was stupidly officiated ill admit it, but I love how you guys can't admit that this series was when it was blatant.

Rhino
12-21-2008, 04:53 AM
how many times you wanna repeat yourself? seriously stfu already.

I guess I'll have to repeat myself all morning long if your going to continue with your whining.

Kings Faithful
12-21-2008, 04:56 AM
From what you guys are saying it seems like you guys have no idea about how sports work, like they would never be setup for the league to earn more money, more ratings, more viewers. Yes the LA/Kings game 6 was stupidly officiated ill admit it, but I love how you guys can't admit that this series was when it was blatant.

I agree there could be a possibility that the league helped this series happen, and may have prompted the Celtics win. But it wasn't blatant. If they did help the Celtics they learned how to hide unlike game 6 in 2002.
But you have to look how not just the Kings fans feel, but the rest of the league...your team is amazing almost every single year and you come complaining because you lost, like no one else has before. I say you should just be happy with your 60 win team. Us Kings fans would probably forget about 2002 if we were in the finals every other year like you guys are.

GspLAL
12-21-2008, 04:57 AM
I guess I'll have to repeat myself all morning long if your going to continue with your whining.

Whining? hardly, I'm having a discussion but all you can post is "OMG STOP YOUR CRYING" instead of actually reading what I said. I'm done with your dumbass.

Rhino
12-21-2008, 04:58 AM

Hey why don't you go back to my post earlier in this thread I think it was #13 I was very, very clear on how I feel about officiating in the NBA. My point now is this your a Laker fan complaing about refs calling fouls and not calling fouls and you have no room to complain since like I said before thats exactly how your team made it past the Hornets. Wake up not every championship will just be given to your team just because ya gotta earn it and if your team wanted it bad enough they would have made more shots. Or maybe Kobe would have passed it more often who knows.

Rhino
12-21-2008, 04:59 AM
I agree there could be a possibility that the league helped this series happen, and may have prompted the Celtics win. But it wasn't blatant. If they did help the Celtics they learned how to hide unlike game 6 in 2002.
But you have to look how not just the Kings fans feel, but the rest of the league...your team is amazing almost every single year and you come complaining because you lost, like no one else has before. I say you should just be happy with your 60 win team. Us Kings fans would probably forget about 2002 if we were in the finals every other year like you guys are.

Amen!

GspLAL
12-21-2008, 05:00 AM

So because our team is good almost every year we can't complain? This makes no sense at all, if you get screwed over you get screwed over, you don't go like oh well we're still a good team it's alright this happened.

FlawlessKB24
12-21-2008, 05:01 AM
i hate laker fans > _>
SMH

DerekRE_3
12-21-2008, 05:06 AM
So now you're completely denying it? Lol, this is hilarious.

What am I completely denying? Quote me, where did I flip flop my position? Oh yeah, I've been saying the same thing since the beginning.

I'll say it again for clarification....

The Celtics played great defense on Kobe, and deserved to win. Did you see game 6? They beat them by what....37 points? The series didn't even go 7 games. Come on now.

xSolidx
12-21-2008, 05:06 AM
It seems like every single yr, the team that loses the nba finals, their fans will blame the refs and wont ever get over it

Just move the **** on, seriously

DerekRE_3
12-21-2008, 05:08 AM
So some people think that refs gave the Celtics a 37 point advantage (The margin of victory in Game 6)? Wow.

Rhino
12-21-2008, 05:09 AM
The refs do this in every freaking game wether playoffs or not if you can't see that then you are blind my friend. This didn't just start happening its been going on for a while now. If you don't like it then stop watching cause sometimes thats exactly what I do. College basketball is always better then the NBA and mostly its because they actually call the game fairly and for the most part un biased.

Rhino
12-21-2008, 05:10 AM
So some people think that refs gave the Celtics a 37 point advantage (The margin of victory in Game 6)? Wow.

Damn I gotta admit I forgot all about that game wow that game right there showed me what could happen if the refs didn't get involved lol. Great point!

Rhino
12-21-2008, 05:14 AM
What ticks me off is people who constantly try to show or say how they feel Kobe is as good or better then Jordan that is just unbelievable stop comparing him to Jordan people cause he will never be in my opinion.

GspLAL
12-21-2008, 05:15 AM
I'm sorry but you guys just pull **** out of your *** and put words in my mouth, when did I say Lakers were the better team or the refs made them lose the series? I know Celtics were better, played better, tougher, etc but that doesnt change the fact that the majority of calls and non calls were in their favor. I'm done with this **** cuz apparently you guys dont read and just twist what I say.

GspLAL
12-21-2008, 05:17 AM
The refs do this in every freaking game wether playoffs or not if you can't see that then you are blind my friend. This didn't just start happening its been going on for a while now. If you don't like it then stop watching cause sometimes thats exactly what I do. College basketball is always better then the NBA and mostly its because they actually call the game fairly and for the most part un biased.

Um sorry but youre the blind one, all you ever post is OMG GET OVER IT YOU GUYS LOST instead of reading what I actually said.

Rhino
12-21-2008, 05:22 AM
Um sorry but youre the blind one, all you ever post is OMG GET OVER IT YOU GUYS LOST instead of reading what I actually said.

Thats not true at all and now who is putting words into peoples mouths why don't you read ALL of my post before you spew ignorance.

eugene
12-21-2008, 06:20 AM
Comments on Jordan are ridiculous. I'd like to see that idiot who made it. It's enough to watch Knicks-Bulls battles in early '90 to understand how stupid are those comments and this video...

eugene
12-21-2008, 06:25 AM
What ticks me off is people who constantly try to show or say how they feel Kobe is as good or better then Jordan that is just unbelievable stop comparing him to Jordan people cause he will never be in my opinion.

He will never be even 50% of Jordan. Cause greatness is not only about scoring 81 pts a game, it's about completeness, maturity, leadership, intelligence and so on...

pacman16
12-21-2008, 07:20 AM
lol cant believe lakers fans still crying bout this series, you got beat easily
stop crying it aint changing history

carlo4444
12-21-2008, 09:22 AM
it was actually a good vid but is that the only way the can stop kobe? thats fair cheap to do imo....but still boston won

JackB
12-21-2008, 09:54 AM
I'm a longtime Pistons fan and I watch most of the Celtics games on NESN because I live in Vermont. This Celtic team is better then last year. I think they break the Bulls record of 72-10 I think they go 74-8. They are deeper then last year and the young guys like Perkins, Rondo, Davis,House, Powe and Banks have improved over last year. I see them winning a second straight title with ease.The Lakers may win one game in the finals but even that might be an overtime game. Its scary to watch them every night. They have so many weapons and the D in the best I have seen in years.And this year may not be the end of the title run.

BTownTeamsRKing
12-21-2008, 10:22 AM
I'm a longtime Pistons fan and I watch most of the Celtics games on NESN because I live in Vermont. This Celtic team is better then last year. I think they break the Bulls record of 72-10 I think they go 74-8. They are deeper then last year and the young guys like Perkins, Rondo, Davis,House, Powe and Banks have improved over last year. I see them winning a second straight title with ease.The Lakers may win one game in the finals but even that might be an overtime game. Its scary to watch them every night. They have so many weapons and the D in the best I have seen in years.And this year may not be the end of the title run.

since u understand how dangerous they are, did u notice that they literally dont even try in the first half and end up blowing out the other team in the 3rd quarter alone? unbelievable. i swear if the Celtics tried for 48 mins against a team like OK or NYK, they would win by 70.

as for last year, yea the celtics got every call, like when Kobe hit Pierce from behind and got a wide open dunk with like no time remaining in game 5. or when Pierce was called for a charge against lebron who was not even infront of him at the end of game 6 in cleveland in a 1 possesion game. or the missed traveling call when radmanovic ran 4-5 steps in front of the ref with no one around him during the lakers comeback in game 2 vs Boston. OR when Pierce pump faked and got a pistons player in the air and still hit the 3 pt shot but was called for "Intiating Contact." i never saw that call before and never seen it again.

yea we got every call that the refs had to make up some new ones like intiating contact.

those are just the calls i remember instantly.

Nighthawk
12-21-2008, 11:07 AM

Maybe its different in Vermont but Celtics games are not on NESN...

And also...Banks???? He hasnt been here for a few years now lol

But yeah i totally agree. I laughed my *** off when people said we would struggle because we lost James Posey...Like hes some sort of future hall of famer. Dont get me wrong, i love posey and EVERYTHING he did. But its not like we lost a member of the Big 3. This team is just a well oiled machine right now. ALL of last season and post season was getting used to one another. And they ended up with 66 wins and title. All im saying is this could be considered on of the greatest teams ever if they repeat. Cuz i dont expect them to slow down next year either. There all in tremendous shape.

JackB
12-21-2008, 12:36 PM
I stand corrected. I was thinking of Tony Allen and I wrote Banks. I also got confused between NESN ( 39 ) and Comcast Sports Net (40) But you did get my point.

Hawkeye15
12-21-2008, 12:46 PM
I love it. What a whiny thread. Go back to the 90's when the Pistons did this to everyone. It wins. Get over it. You need to grow a pair to face this kind of defense and game plan, or cry about it all summer. The league has become such a pantywaste league. The hand check rule has made soft, finesse players greats. European basketball is more physical now, and that is sad. Jordan beat those defenses, that is the difference. Well, that and a bunch of other stuff

Hawkeye15
12-21-2008, 12:50 PM
one more thing. It's not like Phil Jackson hasn't seen this kind of defense about 8 times before. The Lakers role players are at fault. If they would have manned up, Kobe would haven't of had to take fadeaways with constant doubles. And watching this video just reconfirms my opinion that the Celtics will win again if they meet the Lakers. Especially now that Rondo is so much improved

tonyd3b54
12-21-2008, 01:13 PM
this video was posted like a month after the finals last year... and its basicly the guy praising the celtics defense... wat i love most is how lake fans blame the refs when u see repeatedly 1 2 or 3 guys wide open when the doubled him every play

Mythman13
12-21-2008, 01:14 PM
Did you see the part of the video when Pierce was getting fouled but no calls
Oh wait that part wasnt in it
Cause this is just a biased Kobe (not even Laker fan) making the video
get over the loss, cals go both ways, they wanted the Finals to be physical because of the matchup
Get off Kobes d***
Like Shaq says he wont win without him, ever
and as a Celts fan, tell me how my *** taste bud

madiaz3
12-21-2008, 01:35 PM
I love it. What a whiny thread. Go back to the 90's when the Pistons did this to everyone. It wins. Get over it. You need to grow a pair to face this kind of defense and game plan, or cry about it all summer. The league has become such a pantywaste league. The hand check rule has made soft, finesse players greats. European basketball is more physical now, and that is sad. Jordan beat those defenses, that is the difference. Well, that and a bunch of other stuff

lmao. the point is that he has NOT played against those defenses. not necessarily saying he couldn't beat them but he had yet to face one quite like that. You say the entire league has gone soft but then when one "hard team" comes out and does things that every other team would be called for a foul for (because of the rules making the league soft) people aren't allowed to be mad at a lack of consistency? Honestly that's all people are asking for. If the league was truly as soft as you said it was then they would have called a lot of those things FOULS, NOW, we are not talking about the 90's.

The league is soft because of rule changes and more intolerant officiating of contact. The point was that the Celtics didn't get called on what a lot of other teams would.

homestarunner93
12-21-2008, 02:01 PM
The NBA is pathetic, and this video proves it. I'm not a Lakers fan, but I have no doubt that the NBA is still rigged despite the Donaghy stuff. Honestly, the NBA is so pathetic I rarely ever watch...but that might be partly because the Bobcats suck...:D The Celts defense this series was great, but come on. There's got to be a limit on all the contact.

kingjanjic
12-21-2008, 02:09 PM
ya im not surprsed, i remember watching it, boston is a dirty team but dirty defence teams win nba championships, phil better teach lakers how to play dirty 2

*** zone defence, phil should of seen that n had fisher, farmer, n sasha waiting for the 3 and let kobe drive in and kick it out, it aint hard to stop zone, kobe just wasnt looking for the man waiting for ther 3, he was tryna pass it in the middle to a big man when theirs 5 celtics waiting in the middle, not smart at all

Lakersho
12-21-2008, 02:14 PM
last year is over ,are you this bored?

tonyd3b54
12-21-2008, 02:49 PM
if the lakers dont like tough D thats to bad... cuz the cavs and hawks both play just as physical as the celtics...

McPeak92
12-21-2008, 02:57 PM
smart defense and game plan

JordansBulls
12-21-2008, 03:07 PM
Pointless thread.

It would be one thing if it was why the Celtics beat the Cavs. At least that series came down to the wire, but getting blown out in game 6 has no merit.