PDA

View Full Version : Cavs gettin dissed?

dwiduck
12-21-2008, 12:13 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/features/best

Celtics and Lakers vs. the 1995-96 Bulls

It's absolutely preposterous, right? There's no way we should compare this year's Boston Celtics and Los Angeles Lakers to Michael Jordan's fourth title team (the best of the six MJ teams to win it all), which many think was the greatest NBA machine ever assembled.

Except for one thing: The Celtics and Lakers are keeping pace with those 1995-96 Chicago Bulls, which became the only team to win 70 games and finished with a record 72 wins.

We don't know if the C's and the Lake Show can keep it rolling, but you can bookmark this page and come back to see just how well they're doing, game by game, compared to MJ's Bulls.

I can't believe that the cavs aren't even mentioned as a contender for 72. I mean I don't think they will get it, nor do I think the Celts or Lakers will get it but I think the Cavs at least belong in the discussion.

LeBrowns
12-21-2008, 01:49 AM
Boston won't even get close, and especially not the Lakers.

MVPedroia
12-22-2008, 01:49 AM
Cavaliers are definately surprising people this year but if anyone does it than I think it would be the Celts. 25-2 and now have the big 5.

kingshiz
12-22-2008, 03:14 AM
celtics are trash they are only good because they had 2 get 2 of the best players with pierce an if pierce thinks he is the best in the world he is wrong kevin garnett is way better than pierce an the same goes 4 ray allen iamgin what lebron would do with allen an kevin garnett they would break every record

Cavs_Fan24
12-22-2008, 05:15 PM
They're doing good, but not that good.

damkrayzie
12-23-2008, 01:44 PM
I don't care if they beat the all time win record I just want the cavs to win a title.

Cavs_Fan24
12-23-2008, 04:31 PM
^So does the rest of us Cavs fans, but we'll have to win a lot more this season because home court advantage will be very important for us come playoff time, especailly against Boston. I could care less about the Lakers, they do mean anything to us if we can't even get out of the east.

krazylegz
12-23-2008, 04:48 PM
alot of people,including the national media think we are a fluke right now and we will cool off,WE know other wise....i honestly think we are the best team in the NBA from top to bottom

damkrayzie
12-23-2008, 11:07 PM
I don't care what the national media thinks we know the cavs are a good team better yet the cavs know they are good team. 2 of are loses came in the 1st 3 games, the cavs have gotten better since then. They have beaten almost every team put in front of them just like bosten.

IndiansFan337
12-27-2008, 04:17 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/features/best

I can't believe that the cavs aren't even mentioned as a contender for 72. I mean I don't think they will get it, nor do I think the Celts or Lakers will get it but I think the Cavs at least belong in the discussion.

The Cavs rightfully do belong in the discussion, but it doesn't bother me at all. It will be better if all of the expectations are on Boston & LAL.

No team this year is going to get 70 wins, so I don't know why they insist on discussing this 20-30 games into every season...