PDA

View Full Version : Bobcats propose trade to Kings

black1605
12-20-2008, 12:20 PM
The Charlotte Bobcats' ongoing attempts to acquire a true big man to partner Emeka Okafor have led them to propose the return of Gerald Wallace to the Sacramento Kings, according to NBA front-office sources.
The Bobcats, sources said, want Brad Miller in return. But the Kings, I'm told, are highly unlikely to bite. They've had some interest in recent years in reacquiring Wallace -- who has blossomed into a versatile and productive swingman at both ends since he was claimed by Charlotte in the 2004 expansion draft -- but they also have a surplus of wing players at present ... too many to take on the four years and nearly $40 million left on Wallace's contract after this season.

ESPN.com

I'm glad it says they are unlikely to take it, I don't think Miller is the answer to any of our problems. I guess that would mean Diaw at the 3, which I'm sure he is capable of doing, but we need to wait and see how we look with our current lineup. Diaw is making everyone better at the 4 spot, and Oak is playing tough at center.

I know Derrick wouldn't mind the move!

GreatMustachio
12-20-2008, 05:32 PM
Yeah, I really do not think the Bobcats need to make any more moves. I do not understand them wanting to trade Felton. That would leave them with only one other true point gaurd that has proven he can play with the best in the league. I know they just got Singletary, but he hasnt proven he can do anything at this level yet. Also the combination of Wallace at 3, Diaw at 4, and Okafor at 5 I think is the best we are going to be able to do as far as scoring and athleticism. I love our starting lineup with the exception of Raja bell. I personally beleive Augustin should be starting and Bell coming off the bench. He just isnt scoring the way they were hoping so far. Also I dont understand why they would want another big man. Nobody that has been mentioned in rumors is worth giving up a key to the Bobcats like Felton, or Wallace. Im fine with Hollins. He has proven more than capable of coming in and playing very well.

homestarunner93
12-20-2008, 06:35 PM
How pointless. I hope they aren't saying Wallace for Miller straight up, that's terrible.

DerekRE_3
12-20-2008, 06:36 PM
I'm not sure if the money matches, it couldn't be straight up. If I'm the Bobcats, I'd throw someone else in and have the Kings throw in either Garcia or Salmons.

Kings Faithful
12-20-2008, 09:46 PM
I'm not sure if the money matches, it couldn't be straight up. If I'm the Bobcats, I'd throw someone else in and have the Kings throw in either Garcia or Salmons.

Actually the money does work straight up. I still think there will be an added piece or two...Raymond Felton and Sean May might be up for grabs on Charlotte, and On the Kings Beno and Salmons could be at risk as well. GET THIS DONE PETRIE! :D

M's Fan2411
12-21-2008, 12:53 AM
hell yea bring Wallace back to Cali...I kid you not I was always a Wallace fan in fact most Kings fans loved him when he was in Sacramento...

Wallace only got to play when The Kings blew out other teams and all the fans were always excited to see Wallace's high flying dunks at the end of games...It's our turn to have Wallace we need him back he should have never left in the first place but Im glad he was able to develop into the player he is today!

Now the King must return back to Cali

homestarunner93
12-21-2008, 01:25 AM
Dear God, MJ please don't trade him so this Kings fan will not be happy. M's Fan, you act like its your rite to have Wallace. Sorry, if the Kings wanted him they would've protected him in the expansion draft. I really don't want the Bobcats to trade him...I'd rather them trade Felton. Also, if they were to trade him to the Kings there's no way they'd take Beno. That contract sucks a dick.

M's Fan2411
12-21-2008, 02:49 AM
dang dude I'm just playing around, I'm not trying to make anyone mad, you should know though that there was only so much players the Kings could protect when the Bobcats came in ...there was rumors the Bobcats actually wanted other Kings players too, and BTW Geoff Petrie drafted Wallace so I'm guessing he did want him at some point (Petrie is still the GM)

I'm giving you guys props for letting Wallace excite you guys all these years that's why I said it's cool how he has developed with the Bobcats, again yea I can see how what I said would upset people in here my bad!

Kings Faithful
12-21-2008, 04:14 AM
dang dude I'm just playing around, I'm not trying to make anyone mad, you should know though that there was only so much players the Kings could protect when the Bobcats came in ...there was rumors the Bobcats actually wanted other Kings players too, and BTW Geoff Petrie drafted Wallace so I'm guessing he did want him at some point (Petrie is still the GM)

I'm giving you guys props for letting Wallace excite you guys all these years that's why I said it's cool how he has developed with the Bobcats, again yea I can see how what I said would upset people in here my bad!

No, not your bad....that guy over reacted. The fact is Wallace was our player and they took him from us, their is nothing wrong with wanting him back.
I think we have the right to be happy about something....I think if anyone knows what trading a good player away for crap is like, its Kings fans. At least he Cats are getting a decent player and a large salary dump next season.

M's Fan2411
12-21-2008, 05:56 AM
No, not your bad....that guy over reacted. The fact is Wallace was our player and they took him from us, their is nothing wrong with wanting him back.
I think we have the right to be happy about something....I think if anyone knows what trading a good player away for crap is like, its Kings fans. At least he Cats are getting a decent player and a large salary dump next season.

You are right, I mean we traded Bibby and Artest for a combination of Shelden Williams Tyronn Lue and Donte Greene and o yea Bobby Jackson....I’m not saying that this is crap but the Kings could have gotten more in return anyways…..

Miller is not bad at all, he could actually help out the Bobcats, if this trade ever does happen I hope Bobcat fans can accept Brad Miller and embrace him because he is awesome, such a great passer and shooter!:clap:

homestarunner93
12-21-2008, 01:06 PM

Yeah, but he's not "your player." I don't think we have to worry though, I'm pretty sure we wouldn't do such a stupid trade.

homestarunner93
12-21-2008, 01:07 PM
You are right, I mean we traded Bibby and Artest for a combination of Shelden Williams Tyronn Lue and Donte Greene and o yea Bobby Jackson....I’m not saying that this is crap but the Kings could have gotten more in return anyways…..

Miller is not bad at all, he could actually help out the Bobcats, if this trade ever does happen I hope Bobcat fans can accept Brad Miller and embrace him because he is awesome, such a great passer and shooter!:clap:

Hell no I won't accept Miller. He's garbage, and definetly not worth giving up Wallace for.

Kings Faithful
12-21-2008, 05:07 PM
Hell no I won't accept Miller. He's garbage, and definetly not worth giving up Wallace for.

Pretty much.......

The sources said that this trade was offered so at some point it was up to the Kings FO to say yes or no...im pretty pissed then didn't just pull the trigger without thinking about it because when someone offers Gerald Wallace for Brad Miller...you take it. O well, we'll see what happens.

homestarunner93
12-21-2008, 05:14 PM
Pretty much.......

The sources said that this trade was offered so at some point it was up to the Kings FO to say yes or no...im pretty pissed then didn't just pull the trigger without thinking about it because when someone offers Gerald Wallace for Brad Miller...you take it. O well, we'll see what happens.

Well, it doesn't exactly say the offer was a straight up deal, so I don't know what other pieces might have been involved.

iggypop123
12-21-2008, 08:22 PM
laker fan here. what do you guys want for bell? brown doesnt play him ,i think he would be a nice addition

homestarunner93
12-22-2008, 12:19 AM
laker fan here. what do you guys want for bell? brown doesnt play him ,i think he would be a nice addition

What are you talking about? He's started every game since being traded here...

arkanian215
12-22-2008, 02:01 AM
Yeah, I really do not think the Bobcats need to make any more moves. I do not understand them wanting to trade Felton. That would leave them with only one other true point gaurd that has proven he can play with the best in the league. I know they just got Singletary, but he hasnt proven he can do anything at this level yet. Also the combination of Wallace at 3, Diaw at 4, and Okafor at 5 I think is the best we are going to be able to do as far as scoring and athleticism. I love our starting lineup with the exception of Raja bell. I personally beleive Augustin should be starting and Bell coming off the bench. He just isnt scoring the way they were hoping so far. Also I dont understand why they would want another big man. Nobody that has been mentioned in rumors is worth giving up a key to the Bobcats like Felton, or Wallace. Im fine with Hollins. He has proven more than capable of coming in and playing very well.

umm no offense but your bench sucks. if you sit raja bell who i might add is a very good defender then who is gonna score for you when the starters need rest? i dont see why people constantly recommend putting all their scorers in one line when that means at some point in the game youre going to send at least two of your scorers to the bench and only have 3 scorers playing. it's better to have the balance since it would be 4 starting and 3-4 playing at any given moment. besides he's not gonna put up the same numbers if theyre all out there at once. there just arent enough shots to go around. that's why the sixth man is very important in this league and people tend to overlook that.

arkanian215
12-22-2008, 02:02 AM

haha just because he annoys kobe a bunch. he's an under rated defender in my opinion.

GreatMustachio
12-23-2008, 12:32 AM
umm no offense but your bench sucks. if you sit raja bell who i might add is a very good defender then who is gonna score for you when the starters need rest? i dont see why people constantly recommend putting all their scorers in one line when that means at some point in the game youre going to send at least two of your scorers to the bench and only have 3 scorers playing. it's better to have the balance since it would be 4 starting and 3-4 playing at any given moment. besides he's not gonna put up the same numbers if theyre all out there at once. there just arent enough shots to go around. that's why the sixth man is very important in this league and people tend to overlook that.

He is a really good defender. Defense isnt the Bobcats problem. Its scoring. A guy getting 3-7 ppg doesnt deserve to be starting over a guy that gets nearly 20 a game on a team that is desperate for scoring. If you didnt know this already, our entire 2nd string came from behind by 29 in the 4th quarter against Detroit to get within 1. Dont tell me they cant score. but ill admit, they arent the best as far as talent goes. AS far as heart and hustle you dont get much better. Also, might I add, with Felton, and Augustin starting together we were playing much better and winning more. Im a season ticket holder and I dont miss a play. I can see what works for them and what doesnt. Raja would be a great 6th man, but true bobcats fans know that the real 6th man are the Bobcats faithful. But Raja did just put up 21 and i do like him a lot as a player so i hope he can keep it up. If so, i love him starting for us.

JakeDelbreezy
12-23-2008, 09:03 AM
Seems neither the Kings or the 'Cats are interested in the Brad Miller trade..

http://content.usatoday.com/topics/article/People/Athletes/NBA/Brad+Miller/06YI89Wfag23c/1

homestarunner93
12-23-2008, 11:49 AM
Seems neither the Kings or the 'Cats are interested in the Brad Miller trade..

http://content.usatoday.com/topics/article/People/Athletes/NBA/Brad+Miller/06YI89Wfag23c/1

At least Larry Brown is smart. He will singlehandedly keep this franchise in Charlotte.