PDA

View Full Version : Vc

Cano24
12-20-2008, 06:28 AM
what would the Cavaliers give up to get him?...and please don't say Wally....I really don't want the Nets to give him up but would love to see him get a Ring as he is my favorite player

Clevefan23
12-20-2008, 12:04 PM
right now i dont know if we would even give up wally for him just bc they know there are gonna better players on the block as the season goes on and wally if huge when it comes to losing some of the other teams cap room

monster_mash
12-20-2008, 12:27 PM
Why do you people keep bringing this up? Danny Ferry has proved he is quite a bit smarter than we thought. He isn't going to trade wally for that contract. That rumor about wally straight up for Vince...That was like Ferry playing a couple bucks on the lottery...throwing away a dollar at a chance for a nice jackpot. The nets had just given RJ away, of course he had to inquire about the fire sale. If you want to talk about trading vince...Go to the magic forum. Pietrus and an overpaid scrub would get it done.

Cano24
12-20-2008, 12:31 PM
Why do you people keep bringing this up? Danny Ferry has proved he is quite a bit smarter than we thought. He isn't going to trade wally for that contract. That rumor about wally straight up for Vince...That was like Ferry playing a couple bucks on the lottery...throwing away a dollar at a chance for a nice jackpot. The nets had just given RJ away, of course he had to inquire about the fire sale. If you want to talk about trading vince...Go to the magic forum. Pietrus and an overpaid scrub would get it done.

http://hoopshype.com/

The only reason i even said anything is because i seen this rumor on the Hoopshype website and apparently its from ESPN

kingshiz
12-20-2008, 03:01 PM
I dont think that vince carter would be a good fit 4 the cavs the cavs need some one who play's defense an can come off the bench an give them 15 points a game im not saying vince carter could not do it but why mess with are starting rotation we need more depth on the bench like gerald wallace would be a nice fit but he would not wanna come off the bench an i just dont like the idea of players messing up the starting rotation unless they can play good defese an shoot the ball well but other than that we dont need vince carter...now i would want michael redd any day

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
12-20-2008, 10:02 PM
I don't carter at all!

Sbank
12-20-2008, 10:12 PM
I doubt we going to get him. If they said "No to Wally for Carter in the off season" then why would they get trade him now when the Nets are in the playoff mix right now.

EdTheRevelator
12-21-2008, 12:07 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/post/Cavs-may-keep-Szczerbiak-unless-they-can-get-Car?urn=nba,130498

's quite possible that the Cleveland Cavaliers will elect to hang onto Wally Szczerbiak's $13.8 million expiring salary instead of dealing Szczerbiak as many teams expected coming into the season before the Feb. 19 trading deadline, according to ESPN.com.

The thinking: Cleveland is rolling too smoothly, with Mo Williams clicking immediately and Szczerbiak and Ben Wallace looking far more settled than they did when they arrived in February, to change too much midstream. The exception? If they can turn Szczerbiak's contract into something big and bold.

"Like a trade for Vince Carter," said one rival executive. "That's a name on their list."

The Cavs certainly have room for at least one more front-line contributor in the frontcourt as well as the backcourt, but saving the Szczerbiak chip for an All-Star caliber name such as Carter or Antawn Jamison feeds into the team's primary objective. Which, of course, is sparing no expense to make the roster as enticing as possible to discourage LeBron James from looking anywhere else in the summer of 2010.

I've said it before, I'll say it again: the Cavs are disparate. If VC is available we will swallow our pride, bite the bullet, and pull the trigger (there's three cliches for ya in one sentence!).

LeBrowns
12-21-2008, 02:10 AM
I don't want him, we need a bigman more than anything.

IndiansFan337
12-21-2008, 02:42 AM
The Cavs will only trade Szczerbiak if they get a stud in return. Someone such as Josh Howard, or Vince Carter.

Since NJ is overachieving I am not so sure that deal will develop. Due to JJ Barea's development a Josh Howard deal with Dallas could possibly develop. I sure hope that it does.

enabring
12-21-2008, 01:36 PM
The Cavs will only trade Szczerbiak if they get a stud in return. Someone such as Josh Howard, or Vince Carter.

Since NJ is overachieving I am not so sure that deal will develop. Due to JJ Barea's development a Josh Howard deal with Dallas could possibly develop. I sure hope that it does.

I honestly can't possibly imagine the Cavs getting Josh Howard, but if they do here's what happens:

1. Finally a title in Cleveland, this year.
2. If Howard signs with the Cavs for more years, Lebron instantly follows him and a dynasty is born. These two absolutely sick athletes on the same teams would be the most entertaining team ever assembled.

kingshiz
12-22-2008, 03:18 AM
i wish lebron would play more at power forward an that would allow us 2 bring in josh howard that way he could play small forward an some time's the shooting gaurd

Cavs_Fan24
12-22-2008, 05:06 PM
how do we get carter without Wally? we'd have to trade andy and that wont happen.