PDA

View Full Version : The Magic are REALLY good

hotpotato1092
12-19-2008, 01:55 PM
Ok why aren't they getting any recognition? They're 1.5 games behind the cavs and are currently on a 16-3 stretch. Dwight Howard is the defensive player of the year IMO, and Rashard, Hedo and Jameer look great as usual. Anybody see them beat san antonio? They out spurd the spurs (spurd meaning the adjective for spurs). After Atlanta almost beat Boston twice people are talking about them as Cleveland and Boston's biggest threats, but Orlando is 4.5 games ahead of them! This team is really good and yet they unfairly get no recognition.

superkegger
12-19-2008, 02:35 PM
I agree, but they've been around the same level the past two years. They're not there with Cleveland and Boston, so its hard to think they'll get to that next level with the way they play. they're good no doubt, but they're not on another level like the Cavs and Celtics.

Faneik
12-19-2008, 02:54 PM
I've only seen them 2/3 times. Wasn't aware of that 16-3 streak.

What I know is that Turkoglu is killing me with constant turnovers in fantasy.

NYMetros
12-19-2008, 03:10 PM
They are a really good team. They have a grea mix up of outside shooters and low-post threats. Jameer Nelson, Hedo, Rashard are all lights out from 3 point land.

MagicBucsSox
12-19-2008, 03:13 PM
man we stink, all we are is dwight in the paint and everyone else standing around shooting 3's , we desperately need a superstar slasher, a pg who can avg more than 6assist and play d, and a true pf who can help dwight out cause we're gon wear his body down doing all the board work himself, cause cleveland aint and better team than us but in a 7game series they 'll beat us cause they got excellent D and big bodies,boston is out our league

Faneik
12-19-2008, 03:16 PM
man we stink, all we are is dwight in the paint and everyone else standing around shooting 3's , we desperately need a superstar slasher, a pg who can avg more than 6assist and play d, and a true pf who can help dwight out cause we're gon wear his body down doing all the board work himself, cause cleveland aint and better team than us but in a 7game series they 'll beat us cause they got excellent D and big bodies,boston is out our league

Wow... It's very rare that fans say this kind of stuff. Lakers' fans have a lot to learn from you.

Sport
12-19-2008, 03:22 PM
Good? Yes. Celtic-Laker Cav- good? no.

Lakers4ItAll
12-19-2008, 03:22 PM
Howard is a BEAST

Lakers4ItAll
12-19-2008, 03:23 PM
Why is it that all you damn Celtic fans are always talking ****....

Wow... It's very rare that fans say this kind of stuff. Lakers' fans have a lot to learn from you.

SUNDUNDIDIT
12-19-2008, 03:31 PM
Well, they did beat San Antonio, but S.A. didn't get into Orlando until about 3:AM, and N.O. wore them down for Orlando to beat them......Back to backs make teams exhausted....It's not an excuse, it's just reality.

MagicBucsSox
12-19-2008, 03:42 PM
ya we cant beat the spurs on a normal game let alone blow them out

JordansBulls
12-19-2008, 03:55 PM
Ok why aren't they getting any recognition? They're 1.5 games behind the cavs and are currently on a 16-3 stretch. Dwight Howard is the defensive player of the year IMO, and Rashard, Hedo and Jameer look great as usual. Anybody see them beat san antonio? They out spurd the spurs (spurd meaning the adjective for spurs). After Atlanta almost beat Boston twice people are talking about them as Cleveland and Boston's biggest threats, but Orlando is 4.5 games ahead of them! This team is really good and yet they unfairly get no recognition.

Because they didn't provide any scare in any team in the playoffs last year despite them having the same team this year.

JJ81
12-19-2008, 04:04 PM
4th best team IMO

Chronz
12-19-2008, 05:10 PM
Theyve had an easy schedule thus far, thats probably why people have yet to take them as a legit threat yet, but winning vs San Antone was a step in that direction.

Joshtd1
12-19-2008, 05:10 PM
They have offense,and are a good team.. but for them to be a true contender, they will need to step up their defense IMO. If we would have made all the open shots we had last night, this thread wouldnt have been made.

Nighthawk
12-19-2008, 05:21 PM
Why is it that all you damn Celtic fans are always talking ****....

You say that like your WONDERFUL laker pals are silent and sweet. Every teams fans will talk ****. But it hear i mostly from the laker fans. Hell im most active in the NBA forums because of it.

Back on topic

Magic have looked nice this last month but im still waiting to see it happen when it matters. I dont care they've gone 16 and whatever or Hedo is on fire. When playoff time comes call me and we can talk Magic.

bostncelts34
12-19-2008, 05:35 PM
they have nobody to take over a game IMO. Rashard and Hedo can hit 3's and thats it. And dwight cleans up inside. And defensively they cannot stop anyone as a team.

Just look at the match up between them and boston

Rondo vs Nelson - I think rondo would run all over jameer.

Allen-Pietrus? - Definitly allen

Pierce-turkoglu- hedo would et some points, but wouldnt stop pierce

KG-Shard - Shard would be able to pull KG outside a little but KG would dominant him inside

Perk-D12 - Obv. howard would kill perk. But as long as boston bigs (perk,powe,davis) muscloe up and foul him when needed. they couldnt CONTAIN him

MagicBucsSox
12-19-2008, 10:53 PM
nelson is better than rondo be forreal ,no one even sticks rondo cause he cant score he's just quick for steals etc , he's the product of having 3 hall of famers around him hahahaha rondo please spare me

Nighthawk
12-20-2008, 10:06 AM
nelson is better than rondo be forreal ,no one even sticks rondo cause he cant score he's just quick for steals etc , he's the product of having 3 hall of famers around him hahahaha rondo please spare me

Interesting. If it were in the news tomorrow that the Celtics traded Rondo for Nelson id be pissed, angry, mad, upset, sad, confused. Nelson cant run a team imo. Hes a score first point guard. At St Joe's he was the main option. Now in the NBA hes hopeless. Magic would be better of with Rondo getting the TEAM involved.

Faneik
12-20-2008, 11:51 AM
Come on Magic! Beat the Lost Angeles Fakers today!

JNore151
12-20-2008, 12:32 PM
nah yo i gotta sat sumthing.....orlando has been getting better every year.....we added pietrus who was playing well until he got hurt he'll b back.....we also added c.lee who has been playing well, hes a rookie so he will get better as da season progresses....we got battie back he helps out d12 and our 2nd yr center gortat went up against da 2nd leading rebounder n da nba and end up with 16 pts 13 reb 2blocks....he did dat when d12 was out......those r 4 new reasons why we are better than last season.....all we need is a better back up pg and a pf who can bang.....trae deadlin hasnt passd yet.....yo im tellin ya dont sleep on da magic.........

SteveNash
12-20-2008, 01:49 PM
They're a regular season team with regular season players. No defense at all. No reliable scoring options. Their best player for when the game is on the line is Hedo, and he's not going to win you a championship anytime soon.

JNore151
12-20-2008, 02:59 PM
so says "steve nash" yea iight and wat tha suns got a better chance get da fukkk outta here ....why not hedo? u havnt been watching hedo is as clucth as u gonna get ...not kobe or wade status but hes clutch enough .....

SordidState
12-20-2008, 03:10 PM
so says "steve nash" yea iight and wat tha suns got a better chance get da fukkk outta here ....why not hedo? u havnt been watching hedo is as clucth as u gonna get ...not kobe or wade status but hes clutch enough .....

You're killing me smalls.

thapharcyd
12-20-2008, 04:20 PM
Dude... Rondo better than Jameer Nelson :laugh: oh man that's a good one!

madiaz3
12-20-2008, 07:31 PM
lakers fans talk more about how good they are rather than how bad other teams are as opposed to nearly every celtics fan

JNore151
12-21-2008, 03:01 PM
Dude... Rondo better than Jameer Nelson :laugh: oh man that's a good one!

yea i know rite ...have u been watching nelson play ?! .......