PDA

View Full Version : ewwwww, Laker Diss? Rondo: Hawks are probably the No 2 team in league.

fairandbalanced
12-19-2008, 11:05 AM
http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/articles/2008/12/19/celtics_streak_onward_upward/?rss_id=Boston.com+--+Boston+Celtics+news

So, are the Hawks closing the gap?

"It's all about getting the victory," guard Rajon Rondo said. "Whether it's close or not, we are getting the wins and that shows the composure of the team."

But the Hawks are certainly getting the Celtics' attention.

"The way they play us," Rondo said, "they are probably the No. 2 team in the league."

Ouch Laker fans, just when you thought you will get some respect, the Celtics are already looking past you. I agree with Rondo though, East teams are tougher and generally better than the West.

My top 4 teams to win it all right now are:

Celtics
Cavs
Hawks
Lakers..

Ths Lakers are just too soft for me, I have never seen a soft team win a championship before.

JordansBulls
12-19-2008, 11:18 AM
I think he means they are the toughest team for them to beat.

NYMetros
12-19-2008, 11:20 AM
Well they haven't even faced the Lakers yet, and Rondo is just talking about teams that they've played.

Faneik
12-19-2008, 11:24 AM
I think he means they are the toughest team for them to beat.

Yep.

He was saying the Hawks are the worse match-up to play the Celtics, he wasn't saying the Hawks are #2 in all the league.

zachattach
12-19-2008, 11:24 AM
Nooo. The Hawks just happen to match up really well against the Celtics, that's all it is. They are tough, young , athletic, but they aren't better then the Lakers. They aren't even better then Orlando or New Orleans. Like I said they just match up well.

torontosports10
12-19-2008, 11:28 AM
o dear god. here we go.

fairandbalanced
12-19-2008, 11:28 AM
Well they haven't even faced the Lakers yet, and Rondo is just talking about teams that they've played.

You don't have to play the Lakers to realize their similarity to 01/02 Kings. A all around weak team. I have watched the Lakers on TV, and Rondo probably has too. It's funny that you're dependent on a guy (Bynum) that has never proved anything but you continue to believe that somewhat he will put you over the hump.

AntiG
12-19-2008, 11:33 AM
Yep.

He was saying the Hawks are the worse match-up to play the Celtics, he wasn't saying the Hawks are #2 in all the league.

Hawks are a much tougher matchup for the Celtics because they have length, great shotblocking ability, tough and nasty defensively and Joe Johnson gives them a REALLY hard time.

The Lakers are much easier for the Celtics because the Lakers are one of the softest teams in the NBA and play lousy defense, giving the Celtics easy opportunities on offense.

There's a reason why the Celtics struggled so much against Atlanta, Cleveland and Detroit and then toyed around with LA in the championship. The eastern teams might not be great scorers but they all are tough, gritty defensive powerhouses and make for extremely difficult matchups.

Wilson
12-19-2008, 11:35 AM
You don't have to play the Lakers to realize their similarity to 01/02 Kings. A all around weak team. I have watched the Lakers on TV, and Rondo probably has too. It's funny that you're dependent on a guy (Bynum) that has never proved anything but you continue to believe that somewhat he will put you over the hump.

Metros is a Pistons fan, not a Lakers fan...

Well I hate to admit it, but people saying the Lakers are soft may be right. Bynum has had some real good games so far this year, but the other night he wouldn't force David Lee down low. We haven't played any defense since the first week of the season either, and that won't work against the Cs. We can't rely on our offense against them...

Hellcrooner
12-19-2008, 11:38 AM
when did the east get better than the west?

im sorry but the gap between boston and cle with the rest of the east is too much while in the west any team from 1 to 9 has a shot at wining the ring.

fairandbalanced
12-19-2008, 11:45 AM

im sorry but the gap between boston and cle with the rest of the east is too much while in the west any team from 1 to 9 has a shot at wining the ring.

Only the Lakers/Spurs has a chance out west. Everyone else is for entertainment purposes.

Hellcrooner
12-19-2008, 12:06 PM
Blazers can torch hawks any day of the week, at least they have proper players for every position and are not playing with three power fowards one trying to paly center and another trying to play small foward....

rosesbulls
12-19-2008, 12:13 PM
Only the Lakers/Spurs has a chance out west. Everyone else is for entertainment purposes.

NO, Denver, Houston, Portland right on the cusp if not there (started with unbelieavable hard schedule and still are 17-10.

No way the Lakers are any worse then 3rd best team in NBA. Only reason Atlanta is so hard for them because they are there opposite and if they get trapped into playing Atlanta ball they have a real hard time.

goshhhjosh
12-19-2008, 12:13 PM
Here it goes again another post to stir up something negative regarding the Celtics. Recently all that's been posted is KG is a punk, Rondo disses lakers, guess people hate winners.

JordansBulls
12-19-2008, 12:45 PM

Orlando as well. they just crushed the Spurs.
3 of the top 4 teams in the league now are in the east record wise. The east won the title and east has won more against the west than the west has over the east this year.

Lakersho
12-19-2008, 12:50 PM
no just stupid people

LA_Raiders
12-19-2008, 12:54 PM
lol, what an ***, we are the #1 team...

KnicksorBust
12-19-2008, 12:56 PM
lol, what an ***, we are the #1 team...

The defending champions who have the best record in the league are the #1 team. In regards to the Hawks, I think they are waaayy overhyped right now. IMO, they'll be lucky to crack the second round. But we'll see. It's like the GS Warriors and Mavs last year. Sometimes you just match up nicely with an elite team and miracles happen.

Vidball
12-19-2008, 01:04 PM
Let's see what Rondo has to say after their Christmas game. I hope this thread stays up.
Btw...Atlanta might not even make the playoffs if they were in the West (they definitely wouldn't have last season).

BoSox47
12-19-2008, 01:06 PM
I think the League looks something like this from 1-10

1. Boston
2. Cav's (best point differential in the league great on offense and defense)
3. Lakers
4. Orlando
5. Hornets
6.Hawks ( record doesn't show it but keep in mind they jsut got josh smith back)
7.Denver (they did beat Boston)
8.Suns
9.Houston
10.Portland

Iron24th
12-19-2008, 01:17 PM
Who cares?The Finals will probably be Lakers VS Celtics part 2.

ramz.n
12-19-2008, 01:34 PM
http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/articles/2008/12/19/celtics_streak_onward_upward/?rss_id=Boston.com+--+Boston+Celtics+news

Ouch Laker fans, just when you thought you will get some respect, the Celtics are already looking past you. I agree with Rondo though, East teams are tougher and generally better than the West.

Celtics
Cavs
Hawks
Lakers..

Ths Lakers are just too soft for me, I have never seen a soft team win a championship before.

The Lakers are to soft, Gasol is a finese player, Bynum is made of glass, Fisher at the point?..plz and Rad man and Walton starting over Odom..crazy, this team also had the easiest schedule in the league but still managed to lose to the Pacers and the Kings? The Hawks have a more balanced attack with what i think is only the weak link at the C position, Horford is not a C! but bibby, johnson, williams and smith are all solid

ugafan
12-19-2008, 01:41 PM
Haha, I'm a Hawks fan, but we're not that second best team in the NBA.

I laughed at this.

NYMetros
12-19-2008, 01:47 PM

I would have to agree with you. From watching them on tv, I think they are a very flawed club thus far. Their "defense first" strategy has not worked; mainly because they haven't played defense at all.

ntat
12-19-2008, 01:53 PM
What I find funny, is that this clown thinks the East is generally tougher and better than the West... HAHAHA

Tony_Starks
12-19-2008, 01:59 PM
Rondo is hot garbage. Before KG and Ray Allen came to town he was couldn't even beat out Telfair for the starting PG spot.

Frrrrank!!!
12-19-2008, 02:09 PM
Rondo is hot garbage. Before KG and Ray Allen came to town he was couldn't even beat out Telfair for the starting PG spot.

He was a rookie the year before KG and Allen, and I don't know what that has to do with anything. Cause as of last year and right now Rondo is better than Telfair.

Back to the point, the Hawks aren't the 2nd best team in the league. But they do give the Celtics a harder time than the Lakers.

xanderyear
12-19-2008, 02:12 PM

You can't hold that against Rondo. He was a rookie, and still started 25 games. That's an aveage rookies year.

We all know the Hawks aren't the second best team in the league, but the match up they have against the C's definitely makes them harder for them Rondo was speaking from his teams view. It's not that big of a deal to start all the "Rondo sucks" crap. We've all seen it before, every one of the athletes says something stupid at some point in time, and some people just like to hate too much. Let it go.

barreleffact
12-19-2008, 02:13 PM
Hawks are a much tougher matchup for the Celtics because they have length, great shotblocking ability, tough and nasty defensively and Joe Johnson gives them a REALLY hard time.

The Lakers are much easier for the Celtics because the Lakers are one of the softest teams in the NBA and play lousy defense, giving the Celtics easy opportunities on offense.

There's a reason why the Celtics struggled so much against Atlanta, Cleveland and Detroit and then toyed around with LA in the championship. The eastern teams might not be great scorers but they all are tough, gritty defensive powerhouses and make for extremely difficult matchups.

Dont forget the referrees and the fact that Ray found his touch back...wait. nvm. those cant be critical to why they won at all:rolleyes:

Germa_Rican
12-19-2008, 02:27 PM
I don't think that Rondo ment to say that the Hawks are the number 2 team in the NBA everygame. When he was interviewed by the AJC he said that if the Hawks play every game as if they were against the Celtics, that they could be the #2 team in the league. For some reason that Hawks play their hearts out against Boston but don't put forth that same effort on other nights.

superkegger
12-19-2008, 02:31 PM
Who gives a ****? The Hawks give the Celtics trouble, Rondo gave them their props, end of story.

Faneik
12-19-2008, 02:48 PM
o dear god. here we go.

lol

tonyd3b54
12-19-2008, 02:57 PM
the hawks play the celtics tough becuase joe johnson is matchedup against ray allen... josh smith is just as strong as kg yet much more athletic and that together causes os many problems for the celtics... when they rotate to stop those matchups they hawks have great shooters on the outside in bibby and marvin williams... and for some reason horford works his *** of more against the celtics than anyother team...

sugarrayray
12-19-2008, 03:07 PM

Celtics
Cavs
Hawks
Lakers..

dude im sorry, im a celtics fan, i love rondo, cant stand lakers, but if you think for a second that the hawks are better than the lakers, you dont have a clue about the nba, also west teams are generally better than the east, what have you been watching for the last few years?

Tony_Starks
12-19-2008, 03:15 PM
He was a rookie the year before KG and Allen, and I don't know what that has to do with anything. Cause as of last year and right now Rondo is better than Telfair.

Back to the point, the Hawks aren't the 2nd best team in the league. But they do give the Celtics a harder time than the Lakers.

I stand by my point. Take away KG and Ray and Rondo is a average point gaurd, AT BEST.

I would however agree that ATL matches up a little better with them then LA. Boston seems to have a problem with athletic teams that run N gun like ATL and Indiana.

Faneik
12-19-2008, 03:19 PM
I stand by my point. Take away KG and Ray and Rondo is a average point gaurd, AT BEST.

I would however agree that ATL matches up a little better with them then LA. Boston seems to have a problem with athletic teams that run N gun like ATL and Indiana.

Philadelphia gives us trouble, the Bobcats (???) too. Cleveland also.

About Rondo if you mean by average at best, Top 15 in starting PG's I can agree with that. But he'll improve that with time.

Nighthawk
12-19-2008, 03:20 PM
Dont forget the referrees and the fact that Ray found his touch back...wait. nvm. those cant be critical to why they won at all:rolleyes:

Of course those are some of the reasons. But the Lakers being soft is reason numero uno. They dont play tough, hard nose basketball. They all wanna play finesse "look at me" type ball. and thats why kobe wont get his rings(without The Daddy)

Vidball
12-19-2008, 03:21 PM
Right now Boston holds the #1 spot...LA the #2. That may flip-flop on Christmas, it may not. It doesn't really matter---what does matter is Boston has trouble against ATL and CLE. Both of those teams have a legit shot to knock the Celtics out in the playoffs this year. Does anybody in the West have as good of a shot to knock off the Lakers as ATL/CLE do to knock out BOS? I really want to see a Finals rematch and it may happen, but I think the chances of Boston making it back is about 50/50 while the Lakers chance of making it back is quite a bit better than that. To me that is what matters...but by all means, lets continue talking about how the Hawks are the 2nd best team in the NBA :D

G-Funk
12-19-2008, 03:22 PM
^^NightHawk Kinda like Pierce can't win without KG?

Nighthawk
the hawks play the celtics tough becuase joe johnson is matchedup against ray allen... josh smith is just as strong as kg yet much more athletic and that together causes os many problems for the celtics... when they rotate to stop those matchups they hawks have great shooters on the outside in bibby and marvin williams... and for some reason horford works his *** of more against the celtics than anyother team...
I think it has alot to do with playing against KG and Perk who keep yapping the whole game....who knows though

Faneik
Of course those are some of the reasons. But the Lakers being soft is reason numero uno. They dont play tough, hard nose basketball. They all wanna play finesse "look at me" type ball. and thats why kobe wont get his rings(without The Daddy)

So true...

zamudio_jorge
12-19-2008, 03:23 PM
Your poll is wrong put the celtics on the poll

G-Funk
12-19-2008, 03:24 PM

It's the fact that Bynum rotated the front line. he isnt the savior he's just making it easier for our players to match up better with urs, that's all.

Nighthawk
12-19-2008, 03:24 PM
^^NightHawk Kinda like Pierce can't win without KG?

Hey man Everyone crowns KOBE god and next jordan and all this crap. I gotta deal with Lakers saying there going to win all these titles because of KOBE. But Kobe played next to the MOST DOMINANT AND BEST BIG MAN OF THIS ERA!!!!!! c'mon now. Kobe aint doing nothing with that garbage around him

Faneik
12-19-2008, 03:25 PM
Right now Boston holds the #1 spot...LA the #2. That may flip-flop on Christmas, it may not. It doesn't really matter---what does matter is Boston has trouble against ATL and CLE. Both of those teams have a legit shot to knock the Celtics out in the playoffs this year. Does anybody in the West have as good of a shot to knock off the Lakers as ATL/CLE do to knock out BOS? I really want to see a Finals rematch and it may happen, but I think the chances of Boston making it back is about 50/50 while the Lakers chance of making it back is quite a bit better than that. To me that is what matters...but by all means, lets continue talking about how the Hawks are the 2nd best team in the NBA :D

I agree with you. The East is no cake walk. Last year's eastern champion run was very hard. I still remember the Cavs series, lots of the games were decided in the final 1/2 minutes.

Nighthawk
12-19-2008, 03:25 PM

Wheres your explanation bro?? Celtics are defending champs. They have the best record. Have won 15 in a row and are STILL the best defensive team in the NBA....second best?? REALLY??

zamudio_jorge
12-19-2008, 03:29 PM
You thing lakers defense is not good but in the first 10-15 games aprox lakers was the best offense and defense in the league and margin points victory our defense go down just because they want they like play offense and entertaint not like the boring celtics,when we need defense we will play the best defense again.

NYMetros
12-19-2008, 03:30 PM

They're the best team without question.

zamudio_jorge
12-19-2008, 03:32 PM
wheres your explanation bro?? Celtics are defending champs. They have the best record. Have won 15 in a row and are still the best defensive team in the nba....second best?? Really??

lets see after christmas

Faneik
12-19-2008, 03:33 PM
You thing lakers defense is not good but in the first 10-15 games aprox lakers was the best offense and defense in the league and margin points victory our defense go down just because they want they like play offense and entertaint not like the boring celtics,when we need defense we will play the best defense again.

Who cares about if the Celtics bore you?

Players are on the court to play the game, not the put on a show.

The show only started after the end of Game 6.

cambovenzi
12-19-2008, 03:34 PM
the celtics are a whole 1 loss ahead of the lakers, and beat them in 4 of 6 games in the finals last year.
yep undoubtedly the best. teams arent even close.:rolleyes:

and forget the hawks. the are no match compared to the lakers.
15-10 from the east..
so they give the celtics matchup problems? good for them. but it doesnt mean they are the 2nd best team.

Nighthawk
12-19-2008, 03:36 PM

LMAO!!! Ahh hahha so your saying they could be the best defensive team..JUST LIKE THAT if they wanted...They can just flip a switch and defend like the best of them...BUTTT they rather entertain fans and play more offense??? LISTEN TO THAT DUDE!!!. noooooo IF U CAN PLAY GOOD DEFENSE you do it for 48 minutes through 82 games and more if you make the playoffs. Christmas dont mean ****. If you guys win you thnik your the best team? lol

NYMetros
12-19-2008, 03:39 PM
lets see after christmas

1 game doesn't mean 1 team is better than another.

Tmac,lt,berkman
12-19-2008, 03:43 PM
The west is still better than the east and always will be

the top 5 teams right now
1.celtics
2.lakers
3.cavs
4.magic
5.hornets
the top 5 at the end of the regular season
1.celtics
2.lakers
3.rockets
4.cavs
5.magic

zamudio_jorge
12-19-2008, 03:43 PM
Christmas dont mean ****. If you guys win you thnik your the best team? lol --- DONT MEAN **** BEACAUSE YOU KNOW CELTICS CANT WIN IN CHRISTMAS

Faneik
12-19-2008, 03:57 PM
The west is still better than the east and always will be

the top 5 teams right now
1.celtics
2.lakers
3.cavs
4.magic
5.hornets
the top 5 at the end of the regular season
1.celtics
2.lakers
3.rockets
4.cavs
5.magic

What? You can see the future? Please PM me the winners of today's games so I can bet in them.

Did you notice that your own personal rankings say that they're at least even. East has 3 teams in your top 5 and one of them is #1. :crazy:

Faneik
12-19-2008, 04:01 PM
Christmas dont mean ****. If you guys win you thnik your the best team? lol --- DONT MEAN **** BEACAUSE YOU KNOW CELTICS CANT WIN IN CHRISTMAS

Please...

JJ81
12-19-2008, 04:04 PM
Top 5 teams at the moment:

1. Boston Celtics
2. Los Angeles Lakers
3. Cleveland Cavaliers
4. Orlando Magic
5. Atlanta Hawks

GREATNESS ONE
12-19-2008, 04:08 PM
THANK YOU RONDO!!!!!! WOOOOOO man WHAT GREAT NEWS thank you for giving the Lakeshow some Bulletin material..... And thank you for looking past us... we will find out real soon,

Nighthawk
12-19-2008, 04:27 PM

Is Indiana better because they Beat you??? NO!! Are the ****ing Kings better than the Lakers because they beat you???? NOO So if you guys win on X-MAS your better?? Maybe if your record is better by then. But i doubt it. You find out the better team in a series and we seen what happened last time the purple and gold were in a series verses the green and white :D

lakers4sho
12-19-2008, 04:35 PM
The Bobcats gave us a harder time last season than the Suns. Does that mean the Bobcats are better?

IndiansFan337
12-19-2008, 04:40 PM
Anyone that is saying the Lakers are better than the Cavs is from LA or hasn't been watching basketball this season...

GREATNESS ONE
12-19-2008, 04:42 PM
Is Indiana better because they Beat you??? NO!! Are the ****ing Kings better than the Lakers because they beat you???? NOO So if you guys win on X-MAS your better?? Maybe if your record is better by then. But i doubt it. You find out the better team in a series and we seen what happened last time the purple and gold were in a series verses the green and white :D

Ya we did, that series couldve went either way.. im not 1 to make excuses but it seemed kinda funny to me when Powe shot more free throws then the entire Laker team in 1 game... we slipped on our ***** in game 4 and if those 2 things didnt happen it wouldve been a different series we it would have never gone back to Boston.... but its cool Celtics are the Champs Just dont think that they are Head and shoulders better than the LAKERS .... Like I said we will find out real soon in the NBA finals.

gauth25
12-19-2008, 04:51 PM
people forget the lakers are still getting used to each other..bynum and gasol dont do good on rotations and help defense because they are not used to playing together..i guarantee by the end of the year they will be one of the better defensive teams and if they are..the rest of the nba is in big ****..and why would they care about playing defense is they can just score at will?

nyy27
12-19-2008, 05:18 PM
rondo isn't even good enough to be talking smack like that

NYMetros
12-19-2008, 05:21 PM
rondo isn't even good enough to be talking smack like that

He might make the All-star game.

Frrrrank!!!
12-19-2008, 05:26 PM

I don't know about you, but I find Championship basketball VERY entertaining.

Nighthawk
12-19-2008, 05:27 PM
Ya we did, that series couldve went either way.. im not 1 to make excuses but it seemed kinda funny to me when Powe shot more free throws then the entire Laker team in 1 game... we slipped on our ***** in game 4 and if those 2 things didnt happen it wouldve been a different series we it would have never gone back to Boston.... but its cool Celtics are the Champs Just dont think that they are Head and shoulders better than the LAKERS .... Like I said we will find out real soon in the NBA finals.

I wont go that far *knock on wood* ANYTHING can happen to either squad from now til then. Some other teams could make deadline deals and become a top team. ANYTHING. But it would be some damn fun if it does happen

Nighthawk
12-19-2008, 05:30 PM
I don't know about you, but I find Championship basketball VERY entertaining.

Lol i mean what is boring about the C's

We got KG yelling for 48 minutes dropping F Bomb after F Bomb, We got the Truth throwing up gang signs. We play "Entertaining" defense and i think we look decent on offense. If people said the Spurs were boring before this then what are they now?

Frrrrank!!!
12-19-2008, 05:37 PM
Lol i mean what is boring about the C's

We got KG yelling for 48 minutes dropping F Bomb after F Bomb, We got the Truth throwing up gang signs. We play "Entertaining" defense and i think we look decent on offense. If people said the Spurs were boring before this then what are they now?

I wouldn't care if KG was quiet on the court. Or if all our players had no personality, I'm always entertained by my team winning. Doesn't matter who does it. Winning is not boring.

Nighthawk
12-19-2008, 05:43 PM
I wouldn't care if KG was quiet on the court. Or if all our players had no personality, I'm always entertained by my team winning. Doesn't matter who does it. Winning is not boring.

of course dude i was just attempting to be funny......FAIL

WINNING is the greatest thing to watch. And theres lots of it to watch here in Beantown:D

DreamShaker
12-19-2008, 05:47 PM
Why are the Suns an option and the Rockets, Blazers, Magic, Spurs, Hornets, and Jazz arent?? I would take all of those teams over the Suns....

kingjanjic
12-19-2008, 05:51 PM

Celtics
Cavs
Hawks
Lakers..

YOU just lost any credibilty that u might of had, please never post a msg agian.

Clearly the lakers the best team in the nba better then boston n u no why? im gonna tell u just cuz i know you know nothing about basketball

KOBE IS NOT EVEN TRYING YET, JUST WAIT TILL HE HAS TO!!!!

n who cares about rondo? tell him to make comments when he earns the right to, im sorry how hard is it to give the ball to 3 allstars, i dunno it really must be.......... put that fool on any other team, hell be on the bench period, it dosnt take talent to give the ball to 3 guys who can score

Frrrrank!!!
12-19-2008, 05:51 PM
of course dude i was just attempting to be funny......FAIL

WINNING is the greatest thing to watch. And theres lots of it to watch here in Beantown:D

Yes it is.

Frrrrank!!!
12-19-2008, 05:54 PM
YOU just lost any credibilty that u might of had, please never post a msg agian.

Clearly the lakers the best team in the nba better then boston n u no why? im gonna tell u just cuz i know you know nothing about basketball

KOBE IS NOT EVEN TRYING YET, JUST WAIT TILL HE HAS TO!!!!

n who cares about rondo? tell him to make comments when he earns the right to, im sorry how hard is it to give the ball to 3 allstars, i dunno it really must be.......... put that fool on any other team, hell be on the bench period, it dosnt take talent to give the ball to 3 guys who can score

lol, you strrrrrrrugle. So Kobe isn't trying? I guess he didn't try in the Finals too then, huh?:rolleyes:I don't see how a team that lost to the Celtics and has a worse record is better. I also guess you could do what Rondo does since it takes no talent?:eyebrow:

madiaz3
12-19-2008, 06:18 PM
lol, you strrrrrrrugle. So Kobe isn't trying? I guess he didn't try in the Finals too then, huh?:rolleyes:I don't see how a team that lost to the Celtics and has a worse record is better. I also guess you could do what Rondo does since it takes no talent?:eyebrow:

No he's just saying that Rondo can be replaced with a player like Chris Duhon and be just as good if not better.

Frrrrank!!!
12-19-2008, 06:24 PM
No he's just saying that Rondo can be replaced with a player like Chris Duhon and be just as good if not better.

I think what makes Rondo so good is that he is a perfect fit with Boston. Duhon could not do what Rondo does.

Nighthawk
12-20-2008, 09:47 AM
I think what makes Rondo so good is that he is a perfect fit with Boston. Duhon could not do what Rondo does.

I hate when people criticize Rondo with that lame argument. You wanna say Rondo's shot is below average, we can talk. You wanna say hes still young and immature, ill talk. But to say oh he has 3 all-stars he should be doing good is a joke. Rondo on defense, imo, is as good as ANY point guard in the NBA. Not better, but he is equal to ANY other Pg. His quickness and speed is once again one of the leagues best. He can literally get to the basket EVERY time down the floor. People love looking for excuses. I hear people say if Rondo were on a team like the Grizzlies no-one would here of him. But the thing is Kobe cant even win without stars next to him. No-one can succeed in a TEAM sport without other good quality athletes around em. Why is Rondo any different? If Rondo is setting up garbage players whats the point? People keep hating. Rajon Rondo was the floor general and leader of the 2007 Championship celtics and is only 22 years old with about 2 yrs max of actual starting experience. He is definitely going to get even better and that is whats scary.

JordansBulls
12-20-2008, 10:13 AM
Boston is the best team with the Cavs and Lakers tied for 2nd. I'm not sure who has had a tough schedule yet though.

Nighthawk
12-20-2008, 10:34 AM
Boston is the best team with the Cavs and Lakers tied for 2nd. I'm not sure who has had a tough schedule yet though.

When your as good as Boston is, what exactly is a tough schedule???? I believe Boston is head and shoulders above the rest of the league. Hate to be so cocky about my team but every game i watch them and are amazed..there so ****ing good.

innovator
12-20-2008, 10:36 AM
lets just wait till christmas

Nighthawk
12-20-2008, 10:59 AM
lets just wait till christmas

No dipshit......You can wait for Christmas. I'll be waiting for the playoffs. X-mas means nothing to me. Im confident in my squad and are ability to beat anybody. But nobody wins EVERY game. If you guys win a close game on X-mas and then lets say you dont even get to the Finals and the C's repeat or we beat you guys again in the Finals....WHO CARES ABOUT X-MAS???. And vice versa. If we win on X-mas and you guys take us out in the Playoffs WTF does a x-mas game mean?? Right now you have to say the Celtics are the best team. Not because imma Celtic fan. There the defending Champs. and 25-2. Enough said. Anything can change but as of this writing i think the C's are the team to beat in the NBA

BTownTeamsRKing
12-20-2008, 11:09 AM
When your as good as Boston is, what exactly is a tough schedule???? I believe Boston is head and shoulders above the rest of the league. Hate to be so cocky about my team but every game i watch them and are amazed..there so ****ing good.

Theres a lot of factors that make the Celtics GREAT. The scariest thing about them is...THEY KEEP GETTING BETTER.

last year Pierce and KG carried the team. This year its a full starting 5 playing at the highest level of basketball.

Rondo and Perkins and the return of the REAL Ray Allen have made this team unbeatable.

something to note about the streak to show just how good they are. They are usually tied or trailing at half and then end up winning easy in most of these games.

Faneik
12-20-2008, 12:26 PM
Theres a lot of factors that make the Celtics GREAT. The scariest thing about them is...THEY KEEP GETTING BETTER.

last year Pierce and KG carried the team. This year its a full starting 5 playing at the highest level of basketball.

Rondo and Perkins and the return of the REAL Ray Allen have made this team unbeatable.

something to note about the streak to show just how good they are. They are usually tied or trailing at half and then end up winning easy in most of these games.

I agree that we are great, but I won't say we're unbeatable. An unbeatable them to me has to be much better than the rest of the competition. We're not on that stage.

I agree that the team improved b/c of Ray Allen, Rondo and Perkins.

madiaz3
12-20-2008, 12:36 PM
No dipshit......You can wait for Christmas. I'll be waiting for the playoffs. X-mas means nothing to me. Im confident in my squad and are ability to beat anybody. But nobody wins EVERY game. If you guys win a close game on X-mas and then lets say you dont even get to the Finals and the C's repeat or we beat you guys again in the Finals....WHO CARES ABOUT X-MAS???. And vice versa. If we win on X-mas and you guys take us out in the Playoffs WTF does a x-mas game mean?? Right now you have to say the Celtics are the best team. Not because imma Celtic fan. There the defending Champs. and 25-2. Enough said. Anything can change but as of this writing i think the C's are the team to beat in the NBA

Dipshit? Someone sensitive? Jesus christ lay off the guy. You're the one who just said there really isn't a tough schedule for a team as good as the Celtics, someone mentions an X-Mas game which is going to be #1 and #2 team going at it and suddenly now it's the most unimportant thing in the world.

Nighthawk
12-20-2008, 01:23 PM
Dipshit? Someone sensitive? Jesus christ lay off the guy. You're the one who just said there really isn't a tough schedule for a team as good as the Celtics, someone mentions an X-Mas game which is going to be #1 and #2 team going at it and suddenly now it's the most unimportant thing in the world.

Oh yeah you got me....Im Mr. Sensitive. i just hear every laker fan saying wait til x-mas. no.....Its the playoffs that mean something. If we lose the LA on X-mas am i really going to think the lakers are better? NO!! I didn think it when we lost to ther pacers or Denver and i wont think of it if we lose to a good team like la

MilfHunter07
12-20-2008, 01:29 PM

Celtics
Cavs
Hawks
Lakers..

He means the way the Hawks play them, it feels like if they are the 2nd best team in the league. He's not saying they are.:rolleyes:

Jahari Kavi
12-20-2008, 01:53 PM
am I crazy for thinking the cavs are better than the celtics??? I understand they're on a streak (which will eventually end...70 games isn't happening), but overall I'm just not seeing how they got better with losing posey. On the other hand the cavs improved greatly by adding Mo Williams. Cavs took them to 7 games last year and if Bron had a little help (maybe even if gibson was healthy for game 7) Cavs might win that series...............

RaidLakeDodgers
12-20-2008, 02:15 PM

:mad:
Celtics
Cavs
Hawks
Lakers..

You & rondo will eat those words when the lakeshow smashes on everyone in their path on the way to the title this year :mad:
Way too early for him to be running his mouth.

Raidaz4Life
12-20-2008, 02:34 PM
I'm a Lakers fan and I think the Hawks, Celtics, Cavs, and Magic are all better than the Lakers atm

Frrrrank!!!
12-20-2008, 02:51 PM
am I crazy for thinking the cavs are better than the celtics??? I understand they're on a streak (which will eventually end...70 games isn't happening), but overall I'm just not seeing how they got better with losing posey. On the other hand the cavs improved greatly by adding Mo Williams. Cavs took them to 7 games last year and if Bron had a little help (maybe even if gibson was healthy for game 7) Cavs might win that series...............

yes you are crazy.

tomno00
12-20-2008, 03:23 PM
lebron cant stop us, kobe wont stop us, celtics get lucky. come june, the whole world gonna see big joe holding up that trophy.

Nighthawk
12-20-2008, 03:28 PM
lebron cant stop us, kobe wont stop us, celtics get lucky. come june, the whole world gonna see big joe holding up that trophy.

Hawks?? from Atlanta???? Cant get mad atcha for thinking this way. Every teams fans think there going to win it all.

what54!?
12-20-2008, 03:32 PM
the hawks are good and all this year but no their not second best. Just because they play the C's good doesn't mean their second best. If that was the case then Rondo should say the Pacers are second best since the play well against them and beat them. But we all know thats not the case.

kobes2good
12-20-2008, 03:36 PM
Rondo is just scared of the lakers because he knows the celtics are going to lose to the lakers on christmas

Frrrrank!!!
12-20-2008, 03:38 PM
Rondo is just scared of the lakers because he knows the celtics are going to lose to the lakers on christmas

Yes, he is scared of a team that lost in the Finals, that has a worst record. Not that your comment has anything to do with this but o yea, he is shaking:rolleyes:

zamudio_jorge
01-05-2009, 02:02 PM

where i think we are the best now jajajaja?? and last time bynum was injured well i laught a lot watching celts losing.

zamudio_jorge
01-05-2009, 02:05 PM
let the celtics fans think theyre still the best let them in theyre dream world. the last year is over. bye to this wrong poll xD

QUICKTRADE
01-05-2009, 02:21 PM
what i could say is "bring em'on all those crappy teams in the east and we will whip their***".

MAC10TIZZY
01-05-2009, 02:22 PM
[QUOTE=Hellcrooner;7715921]when did the east get better than the west?

im sorry but the gap between boston and cle with the rest of the east is too much while in the west any team from 1 to 9 has a shot at wining the ring.[/QUOTE

your and idiot?? the magic are with in two games of first, no stuff then talk play boy

S.J.Basketball
01-05-2009, 02:25 PM
This thread died over 2 weeks ago. Lets keep it that way.

JordansBulls
01-05-2009, 02:45 PM
:pity: