PDA

View Full Version : Whats next ???

Ny rAnGeRS 4EvA
12-19-2008, 10:57 AM
Ok so mats wanted money .... so that thought is done ... thank god.... WHAT WILL WE DO NEXT .. WILL WE DO ANYTHIN .. AND WHAT WILL IT COST TO DO SOMTHING .. ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEA'S,THOUGHTS,DREAMS, INSIDE INFO .. CAUSE WE REALLY NEED HELP .. THE WAY I LOOK AT IT IS IF IT WASNT FOR KING HANK .. WE WOULD HAVE LIKE 5 WINS ... AND MAYBE 2 FROM THE ONES VALLI STARTED ... SO WHERE DO WE GO FROM HERE ... ATL TRADE .. MINN.. TRADE.. SENS....????? :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: :confused::confused::confused:

messleetch94
12-19-2008, 05:23 PM
How about doing nothing because we have won three games in a row and 4 of 5. For the last three, we have kept the lines intact. And they need to stay thay way. Saturday against the Sharks will give a better view if anything needs to be done. Everyone forgets how well we came back against detroit, and eventually losing in OT. they are bound to snap ourt of it.

theRANGEREAGLES
12-20-2008, 11:53 AM
^^That's right, it will be the ultimate test against the best team in the league, and they just lost for the first time in forever.

hanny73
12-20-2008, 12:56 PM
How about doing nothing because we have won three games in a row and 4 of 5. For the last three, we have kept the lines intact. And they need to stay thay way. Saturday against the Sharks will give a better view if anything needs to be done. Everyone forgets how well we came back against detroit, and eventually losing in OT. they are bound to snap ourt of it.

I wouldn't say do nothing but doing something drastic may not be needed and may not be realistic. If anything, get another defenseman. Easier said than done and we may be winning right now but if Rosie, Kalinin, and Redden continue to play like they have been (despite the wins) it will bite us in the *** before seasons end and in the playoffs.

I don't need to be reminded about Rosie's 2 goals the other night....let's take a look at the entire season and judge it by that. If Renney has done one thing well it's teaching this team how to play defense over the years. But the 3 I mentioned have not responded very well to him.

We may have a winning record, we may be in 1st, but I do not see this team making it past the first round if we continue to leave our goalie out to dry.

I'm hoping everything clicks, especuially the defense but if it doesn't by the trade deadline, we got to do something.

jetsfan89
12-20-2008, 02:12 PM
I think the most we can do is try to get a decent dman to replace Kalinin.

As for offense I have a feeling we call up anisimov who's been tearing it up in Hartford.

Desert Plains
12-20-2008, 08:54 PM

I guess that's one way to look at it. But, I think if the goal is to compete for the Cup, you have to look beyond the record and not necessarily assess the team based on getting the 2 points. I think if you look at the team, not the record, you'd agree that this a good team, but probably not one that can win the Cup.

Our defense is weak and we still need another scorer. Sundin would have been a nice pick up because he only would have cost money - no players and no draft picks.

But, Sather has been asleep the past 2 months. He needs to move salary in order to be in a position to acquire one or 2 players that we'll need to take the next step. He needs to find a way to move some of these guys:
- Rosi (maybe possible)
- Redden (highly unlikely anyone wants his contract)
- Prucha (I have to assume a couple of teams could use him - he's still young, has scored 30 goals in the past, so teams with lower caps could find room for him).
- Rissmiller (maybe a team could use him as a role player)
- Kalinin (not sure anyone would want him)

But, unless Rosi and/or Redden are one of the guys moved, the other 3 even together won't help that much.

YankeeFanAlways
12-20-2008, 08:58 PM
We can live with defensive lapses from Roz OR Red...but not both!

Embryo
12-21-2008, 01:04 AM
Bring up Bobby Sanguinetti

B-West.Joba
12-21-2008, 10:59 AM
i think its time to waive redden. just admit we made a mistake and get rid of that contract NOW. he is horrible, slow, doesnt hit, doesnt score, really not a PP QB like everyone said. he also leads to so many goals against with his turnovers in our own zone. just waive him. play potter or sanguinetti or sauer. maybe waive kalinin too. did anyone is this organization EVER watch tape from redden last year, or even just look at his stats/age before giving him that contract...honestly...

knedragon
12-21-2008, 12:12 PM
We've been dealing with Rozival most of the season,I think he hasn't healed up fully form the off-season so I can give him the benefit of the doubt but Redden and Kallinin need to go.Hopefully we can at least get a bag of old practice for Kallinin:clap: