PDA

View Full Version : The Clippers are wasting Baron Davis

oldenpolynice
12-18-2008, 09:23 PM
They stick him in a miserable half-court offense and feed Zach Randolph the ball play after play after play. I can't figure it out. This is exactly the opposite offensive approach BD had in Golden State (which is where he had the most success in his whole career).

Dunleavy's decisions make no sense. It's a waste of everybody's time.

Covered more in-depth here:

http://davissportsdeli.com/wordpress/2008/12/18/tnt-challenge-week-7-121808/

superkegger
12-18-2008, 09:26 PM
Yeah, partially Barons own fault though. He should have known what kind of coach Dunleavy was, instead hes just like "oh, I'm home in LA, sounds good, where do I sign?" It's his own damn fault.

DODGERS&LAKERS
12-18-2008, 09:33 PM
If he ever played any D, I would love to trade Lamar Odom for him. Probably would still have the same problem with Phil wanting him to run the triangle. Plus he is an absolute matador on the defensive end

unwantedplayer
12-18-2008, 09:46 PM
His fault for choosing the wrong team.

Catfish1314
12-18-2008, 09:51 PM
The Clippers are wasting pretty much everything they have. Davis, Randolph, Camby, Kaman, and Thornton all on the same team and their record is horrible. Kaman's not playing right now, but they should still be winning more than they are. I'd wait a few more weeks to see if they gel well and if they don't, fire Dunleavy and trade one of those bigs for a scoring wing.

IBleedPurple
12-18-2008, 09:51 PM
He chose a franchise that has not had sustained success. Had it better than he thought in GS, he mostly had a free pass to do whatever he liked.

But way too much talent on the Clips for such terrible performance on the court, injuries or not

Quasimoto
12-18-2008, 10:30 PM
Dunleavy Will Be Gone, Probably Not This Year, But Next...

And I Agree, His Fault For Choosing This Team And Not Sticking With The Squad That He Was Successful...

Loyalty Needs To Return To Professional Sports...

FlawlessKB24
12-18-2008, 10:59 PM
the one being wasted is Marcus Camby.
he's in his last few years in the league and he has been amazing this season.
27 boards last night for example, his career high

imagine if Denver didnt trade him. Put Camby on the current Nuggets squad with Chauncey. Damn what a team that would be.
I know they only traded him for cap reasons, but still

NYMetros
12-18-2008, 11:02 PM
They stick him in a miserable half-court offense and feed Zach Randolph the ball play after play after play. I can't figure it out. This is exactly the opposite offensive approach BD had in Golden State (which is where he had the most success in his whole career).

Dunleavy's decisions make no sense. It's a waste of everybody's time.

Covered more in-depth here:

http://davissportsdeli.com/wordpress/2008/12/18/tnt-challenge-week-7-121808/

Zack Randolph is doing good.

kylem4711
12-18-2008, 11:12 PM
His fault for choosing the wrong team.

blah blah

kylem4711
12-18-2008, 11:19 PM
the clippers have actually been playing good the last 6 games.
we should be an uptempo team, but what the difference because uptempo teams dont win championships anyway.

we need baron to play at least a little defense and create for himself and for other players. he is not in golden state anymore. the clips have rules and are expected to play defense. in the paint we are ok bc camby makes up for all of our mistakes, but we are getting killed on the perimeter.

the problem with the clips isn't offense right now. and it is definitely not zach. he has scored 20+ in 9 straight games and 30 in 3 out of the last 4.

Baron does stupid stuff but he also does great stuff. there is plenty of blame to go around with this organization, but some does have to go to baron too.

he is still the best free agent that the clippers hav ever signed

G-Funk
12-18-2008, 11:32 PM
If he's as great as ppl think than he should be able to adapt. Beside why shoud you care Clippers probably won more games playing this type of offense than Barons style in A month.

JayW_1023
12-18-2008, 11:34 PM
Baron Davis is one of the most overrated players in the league...suprisingly it's been Zach Randolph who has been the Clips' MVP.

Joe505
12-18-2008, 11:36 PM
How about the Clips and the Dubs just pretend that nothing happened. And trade Maggs for BD. Make things normal again. I wish......

oldenpolynice
12-18-2008, 11:41 PM
How about the Clips and the Dubs just pretend that nothing happened. And trade Maggs for BD. Make things normal again. I wish......

This is the best idea I've heard yet. Treat it as a mulligan for both guys and just trade them back to their original franchises.

It would leave the Clips without a PG...but they don't really need anyone special because all their PG does is throw the ball to Zebo in the post.

Sport
12-18-2008, 11:56 PM
In all fairness, The Clippers still had a chance to bring back Brand when Davis decided to go to LA. So its not all his fault.

kylem4711
12-19-2008, 12:04 AM
how did they have a chance? they didn't

DODGERS&LAKERS
12-19-2008, 12:08 AM

If what Brand said is true, all they needed to do was have Sterling meet with Brand to kiss his arse. I know it does not sound like much, but these spoiled athletes these days can not feel as if they are not wanted. I think Brand got his feelings hurt and bailed

Sport
12-19-2008, 12:18 AM

Really? Pretty sure they did Einstein.

Brand WAS a Clipper, and when Baron signed, he had intentions of teaming with Brand, until Brand left for Philly.

So yes, they did have a chance.

oldenpolynice
12-19-2008, 12:48 AM

Brand WAS a Clipper, and when Baron signed, he had intentions of teaming with Brand, until Brand left for Philly.

And Brand explictly said, (paraphrasing here) "if you bring someone like Baron Davis here, I'll agree to re-sign long term". Then he went back on his word and screwed everyone involved. The Clippers, Baron Davis and himself.

MagicBucsSox
12-19-2008, 01:37 AM
hahaha at baron davis overrated, when dude is healthy and on point he can trash any pg ,any.

kylem4711
12-19-2008, 02:14 AM

no they didn't stupid. brand said he would sign and left. how does that in any way give the clippers a chance. the clippers did what brand wanted and he still left.

davis might not even be a clipper if it wasn't for brand.

kylem4711
12-19-2008, 02:16 AM
If what Brand said is true, all they needed to do was have Sterling meet with Brand to kiss his arse. I know it does not sound like much, but these spoiled athletes these days can not feel as if they are not wanted. I think Brand got his feelings hurt and bailed

it was actually his agent from what i have heard. dunleavy and brand went behind faulks back and pretty much made the deal. then all hell went down

oldenpolynice
12-19-2008, 03:09 AM
it was actually his agent from what i have heard. dunleavy and brand went behind faulks back and pretty much made the deal. then all hell went down

Faulk got the last laugh. Money in his pocket shows that he isn't one to be effed with. It's a shame egos got involved. Otherwise Brand would probably still be a Clipper.

Sport
12-19-2008, 03:18 AM
no they didn't stupid. brand said he would sign and left. how does that in any way give the clippers a chance. the clippers did what brand wanted and he still left.

davis might not even be a clipper if it wasn't for brand.

Are you that dumb?

READ MY POST.

I said they had the CHANCE to have Davis and Brand on the same team. And they did. Did they not? If Brand doesnt ditch out, they are on the same team.

Your arguing against yourself, man.

kylem4711
12-19-2008, 12:12 PM
Faulk got the last laugh. Money in his pocket shows that he isn't one to be effed with. It's a shame egos got involved. Otherwise Brand would probably still be a Clipper.

yeah it is. but what are you going to do?

you are totally right though. it all came down to the egos

kylem4711
12-19-2008, 12:14 PM
Are you that dumb?

READ MY POST.

I said they had the CHANCE to have Davis and Brand on the same team. And they did. Did they not? If Brand doesnt ditch out, they are on the same team.

Your arguing against yourself, man.

anyone can say that there is a chance for anything.

was there a realistic chance though, nope

oldenpolynice
12-19-2008, 01:56 PM
I think it all comes down to this: with the current talent they have, the Clippers should be competing for a playoff spot. At the moment they're not.

It's as simple as that.

Change the offensive system, Dunleavy!