PDA

View Full Version : Bobcats/Warriors talking Felton Trade..

JakeDelbreezy
12-18-2008, 10:12 AM
It looks like the Bobcats and Warriors have at least had discussions on a Raymond Felton for Brandan Wright and something or Anthony Randolph and something....

Here's the skinny on each player
Anthony Randolph 6'10" 210lbs. 6ppg, 4.3 rbs, .50 stls, 1blk
Brendan Wright 6'10" 210 lbs. 7.5 ppg, 3.7 rbs, .43 stls, 1.05 blk

The fans here in the Carolinas know Brandan Wright from his playing days at UNC...

The other guys on the warriors roster who's salary would fit into the trade:
Marco Belinelli
Richard Hendrix
Rob Kurz
Anthony Morrow
DeMarcus Nelson
CJ Watson
Marcus Williams

So...what do you guys think?

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/bobcats/story/421713.html

homestarunner93
12-18-2008, 10:33 AM
I'll take either if they add another player to it.

black1605
12-18-2008, 01:16 PM
add Morrow, he is from here, and has looked promising early on

pretty sure his first game as a Warrior he had 37 points and 10 boards

black1605
12-18-2008, 01:29 PM
something along these lines would be great

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2753~2776~3474~3455~2789&teams=9~9~30~30~30&te=&cash=

GSRaider
12-18-2008, 03:10 PM
felton + wallace for maggs + wright + williams
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=497~3039~3242~2753~1026&teams=30~30~30~9~9&te=&cash=

kylem4711
12-18-2008, 03:17 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=312~1982~2753~1026&teams=30~30~12~12&te=&cash=

eh eh ? come on....

DerekRE_3
12-18-2008, 05:20 PM
Trade Felton for Anthony Randolph and Anthony Morrow. That's what I would do. Or try to get Richard Hendrix from them.

Conor
12-18-2008, 06:56 PM
Morrow AND Randolph is too much. I'd say Wright+Marcus Williams is a fair trade.

black1605
12-18-2008, 07:12 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2753~1026~3190~497~3455&teams=9~9~30~30~30&te=&cash=

DerekRE_3
12-18-2008, 07:32 PM
Morrow AND Randolph is too much. I'd say Wright+Marcus Williams is a fair trade.

Since those two big games, Morrow hasn't been that impressive.

homestarunner93
12-18-2008, 07:40 PM
First off, I don't want anything to do with Maggette. Trading Felton+Wallace for Maggette is just terrible. His contract is worse than Wallace's, and he's a worse player. I like the Kaman trade, but ideally I'd like to trade Felton for Morrow+Wright or Randolph.

ThunderRoad75
12-18-2008, 09:36 PM
felton not randolph warriors this and there from plan foolish

Conor
12-18-2008, 09:49 PM
Since those two big games, Morrow hasn't been that impressive.

I know, although he hasn't been implemented enough in the offense. I still think he has good potential as a pure shooter/instant offense guy.

DerekRE_3
12-18-2008, 10:50 PM
I know, although he hasn't been implemented enough in the offense. I still think he has good potential as a pure shooter/instant offense guy.

Yeah, but isn't that Marco Belinelli is, Jamal Crawford, Cory Maggette, Stephen Jackson, Monta Ellis? You guys just have a bunch of wing scorers on your team.

Badua36
12-18-2008, 11:58 PM
wth is wrong with the warriors? they dont need another guard. they have plenty of those. i dont see the logic in getting felton. hes good dont get me wrong. but look at this roster

Guards: Azubuike, Bellinelli, Crawford, Ellis, Morrow, Nelson, Watson, Williams

Foward/Guard: Jackson

Fowards: Kurz, Maggette, Randolph, Turiaf, Wright

Center: Biedrins

Thats 9 guards including jackson to 5 fowards and 1 center. What the warriors need is a good/decent PF and some veteran bench players in order to become a good team this year. but the players on this roster do have ALOT of potential and could be really good players in the future, but they'll have to mature and play in the league for at least 3 yrs. Now the warriors could become a good team again in the future but it will take a while for the youngsters to be adapted to the nba level of play and make this team a contender in the future.

If the warriors were to get Felton i say since we have so many scorers and not alot of passers then they should trade maggette and get a 3rd team into the trade to get felton and a PF. i like maggette but hes not much of a passer hes more like a #1 scorer on a team and u cant win a title without teamwork.

DerekRE_3
12-19-2008, 06:05 AM
wth is wrong with the warriors? they dont need another guard. they have plenty of those. i dont see the logic in getting felton. hes good dont get me wrong. but look at this roster

Thats 9 guards including jackson to 5 fowards and 1 center. What the warriors need is a good/decent PF and some veteran bench players in order to become a good team this year. but the players on this roster do have ALOT of potential and could be really good players in the future, but they'll have to mature and play in the league for at least 3 yrs. Now the warriors could become a good team again in the future but it will take a while for the youngsters to be adapted to the nba level of play and make this team a contender in the future.

If the warriors were to get Felton i say since we have so many scorers and not alot of passers then they should trade maggette and get a 3rd team into the trade to get felton and a PF. i like maggette but hes not much of a passer hes more like a #1 scorer on a team and u cant win a title without teamwork.

Yes, the Warriors have a lot of guards, but pretty much all of the guards they have are swingmen. They don't have a starting caliber point guard. Felton would give them that. And any Don Nelson team is going to have a ton of swingmen that can score.

JakeDelbreezy
12-19-2008, 08:56 AM

Thats 9 guards including jackson to 5 fowards and 1 center.

And Felton is a better Point Guard than any guy on that list. All the Warriors have are wing players aside from Williams, Turiaf and Biedrins...Last year they had a great PG in B-Diddy and the team played great...now they have no PG and are struggling...I'm not saying Felton is a good as B-Diddy by no means...but he's certainly better at playing point guard than any guy's the Warriors currently have...

29$JerZ
12-19-2008, 09:03 AM
If GS wants another Pg I could see Marcus Williams + either Randolph/Wright coming here for Felton.

Thatruth32
12-19-2008, 02:00 PM
man i dont wanna give up BW or randolph for felton .. we have monta and jamal already i know felton is a true PG but u gotta be kidding me !!!

GreatMustachio
12-20-2008, 05:41 PM
This proposed trade makes no sense. Why do we want to trade away Felton? That would leave us with only one true point guard that still makes rookie mistakes and another rookie pg that doesnt ever play and nobody knows how he will be in the NBA. I dont like the idea of having only 2 on court leaders and them both being rookies. If they were to trade him they better get more back then one of those guys. Neither one of them are going to be better than Ryan Hollins or play as hard as him or have his energy. Hollins deserves the minutes and the Bobcats have no reason to make this trade.

JakeDelbreezy
12-22-2008, 08:58 AM
This proposed trade makes no sense. Why do we want to trade away Felton?

Couple of reasons.

#1 He will be a free agent after the season. I think it's pretty clear by now that DJ Augustin is the PG of the future in Charlotte. I like Felton as much as the next guy (being a die hard Tar Heels fan) but the truth is, his days are numbered. If we can get a solid player in return we should do it. Otherwise we risk the chance of losing him in free agency with zero compensation. At least if we trade him now, we get something of value.

#2 We're more than more than likely not going to make the playoffs. At least DJ would get the reigns of a team during a season in which we're not expected to compete for a playoff spot. That way he can learn the ropes, get a lot of PT and next year (when hopefully the team is much better) he'll have gained a lot of experience.

And what's with all the Ryan Hollins love?:confused: C'mon man...Brendan Wright and Anthony Randolph are ALREADY better than Ryan Hollins.

jehovah joe
12-22-2008, 02:00 PM
Felton + Wallace to Golden State for Maggette + Randolph + Williams + 2nd round pick

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=497~3455~3039~2753~1026&teams=30~30~30~9~9&te=&cash=

masalex1205
12-22-2008, 03:02 PM
Guy who called the Suns trade before everyone else is saying that the Bobcats are trading Okafor and Felton to the Warriors for Randolph and something else he won't name:

Take this for what's its worth:

http://www.bobcatsplanet.com/vb/showthread.php?t=8295&page=15

jehovah joe
12-22-2008, 06:06 PM
Guy who called the Suns trade before everyone else is saying that the Bobcats are trading Okafor and Felton to the Warriors for Randolph and something else he won't name:

Take this for what's its worth:

http://www.bobcatsplanet.com/vb/showthread.php?t=8295&page=15

what do you thinks going to happen?
whats the buzz in charlotte?

i know the warriors want felton and need okafor...

bobcats need a change as well...

maggette, wright and williams for felton and okafor?
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=497~3039~3242~2753~2399&teams=30~30~30~9~9&te=&cash=

masalex1205
12-22-2008, 09:45 PM
no that wouldn't work, we don't want maggette, his contract is too much and too long but regardless im going to have to pass

If we are going to give up Okafor then we're going to have to at least get some sort of quality big to replace his production (sorry Wright's not even close, at least not yet)

Perhaps a 3rd team could get involved?

homestarunner93
12-23-2008, 12:17 AM
If a trade is going to happen, it'll be in the next few days. The teams just played each other, so they probably wanted to get that game out of the way before a trade was finalized.