PDA

View Full Version : Boozer: "I'm opting out"

kswissdaf
12-18-2008, 09:48 AM
"Boozer makes it Official: Utah's Carlos Boozer made his most emphatic statement of the year. He will be opting out of his contract this summer.
"I'm opting out. No matter what, I'm going to get a raise regardless," Boozer told ESPN.com's Chris Sheridan. "I am going to opt out, I don't see why I wouldn't, I think it's a very good business decision for me and my family, but I'd also like to see what happens with the Jazz and stay here."

Boozer's desire to "see what happens with the Jazz" has more to do with pending free agent Mehmet Okur and restricted free agent Paul Milsap than anyone else. Those close to Boozer have maintained that Boozer is going to sign where he can get the most dollars and have the best chance at winning games and competing for a title and more importantly remaining an All-Star. Don't under estimate how much "value" that has to Carlos. There is belief that because Carlos owns a home in Miami that he was a lock to jump ship and head for South Beach, a notion he continues to laugh off. It is not out of the realm of possibilities that Boozer bolts from Utah for a larger market, however the one sticking point in the Jazz's favor is they can and are willing to offer him more money than any team on the open market. For Carlos the dollars may be a big part, but who the team surrounds him with may matter almost as much. Teammate Deron Williams told people close to him during the summer that he had real concerns that Boozer would leave, hence his delays in signing his extension this past summer. Williams often jokes about the situation with Boozer in the locker room trying to bait his friend into committing to stay long term. Boozer admitted in pre-season that Williams being locked up long term would have influence on his decision."

HOZ THE KNICK
12-18-2008, 10:28 AM
he's going home to miami,he will take marion spot after he expire at the end of the season that's why i didn't understand the cleveland trade talks.

codes238
12-18-2008, 10:31 AM
utah's definitely not resigning him thats for sure... millsap is younger, cheaper, more durable and better defensively... theyre equal when it comes to rebounding and boozer is only slightly better offensively...

innovator
12-18-2008, 10:48 AM
why in the hell are peopkle comparing milsap to boozer????? milsap is nowhere near boozer!

DrDEADalready
12-18-2008, 10:54 AM
Millsap is just as good as boozer if not better. he has proven when given starter mins he puts up about the same numbers as boozer does. Plus he has more heart and hustle than boozer does. i'll take millsap for booz anyday.

codes238
12-18-2008, 11:13 AM
why in the hell are peopkle comparing milsap to boozer????? milsap is nowhere near boozer!

try actually watching a couple of games before you make dumb remarks like this... right now idd take milsap over boozer even if you forget the fact that milsap is 4 years younger and is making over 3 times less money...

DrDEADalready
12-18-2008, 11:18 AM
I pray to the Lord of jelly our management see's millsap the better option instead of giving Boozer max money he doesnt deserve for being a injury milking,nothing about money player. whoever wants him you can have him.

Dan13488
12-18-2008, 11:38 AM
http://staffordtisdale.com/wordpress/wp-content/bobcats_logo.jpg???

Layneh3180
12-18-2008, 11:54 AM
I just wanted to chime in and add to what my fellow Jazz fan is talking about... First and foremost Boozer.... What a stand up guy.... NOT!!!! The guy is sitting talking about opting out while he sits and milks an injury... Ridiculous!! I would much rather keep Millsap who is only one inch smaller than Boozer but works about ten times harder.... We all know Boozer is not a man of his word. So I am not surprised by anything he does. I think if he ends up anywhere it is with the Knicks... The Jazz should trade him now maybe get some picks and an expiring contract. I am just sick of hearing about Boozer. A great player and I am a Duke fan. But I cant stand listening to a guy who sits and whines about his injury when he is just sitting on the bench collecting a paycheck. If he cared about the Jazz or D-Will he would do whatever it took to get back out there. But that is the problem he does not care. Regardless of what team he goes to he wont have a PG the calliber of Williams who does nothing but create opportunities for him!! So leave I will even help pack his bags....

b_russ
12-18-2008, 11:58 AM
I read somewhere in a Salt Lake newspaper that the Jazz had intentions of giving Millsap a raise some time this season. With that and the comments from Boozer stated before, it looks like the Jazz are leaning towards Millsap. The Jazz shouldn't have any regrets in doing so. Reason being, Millsap actually plays, defends and hustles like a monster; Boozer uses his raw talent when he wants to, makes ESPN commercials, and lets his desire determine when an injury is healed as opposed to his body deciding. Boozer would fit in great with the Rockets.

ATX
12-18-2008, 12:02 PM
If Miami's plan was to go after Boozer this off season, then why did they draft Beasley? Could Miami be thinking of moving Beasley? I doubt it, just speculating. Would they move him to the 3?

GunFactor187
12-18-2008, 12:04 PM
Boozer in Detroit baby!!!!

nygiants242
12-18-2008, 12:05 PM
Good

Skins4Life
12-18-2008, 12:06 PM
following gils footsteps... hes gonna get paid

NBAkYD
12-18-2008, 12:13 PM
Money loving idiot. He'll get payed but will lose any chance to earn a true reputation

Layneh3180
12-18-2008, 12:23 PM
"CLASSIC FROM ESPN"

Jazz coach Jerry Sloan has been uncharacteristically effusive in his praise for Millsap during Boozer's absence, and O'Connor told ESPN.com on Wednesday: "We intend to keep Paul Millsap. I don't know how much more succinct I can be."

Upon hearing that remark, Millsap replied: "Bit of a relief, knowing your team wants you. I would love to be here, great system, playing with one of the best point guards in the league, it can't get no better."

When he hears of Boozer's plans to opt out, it may get even better. That'll mean the money will be there to pay Millsap and keep Miller under the luxury tax, although it would come at the cost of letting Boozer -- their leading scorer and rebounder -- walk away with Utah getting nothing in return.

Nothing, that is, except for the chance to have the financial flexibility to lock up a rebounding machine who has shown over the past 13 games -- especially in Boston on Monday night when Millsap scored 32 points as Kevin Garnett, according to one Jazz player, kept calling over to teammate Kendrick Perkins: "You take him, Perk."

But if what Boozer was saying Wednesday night comes to fruition, or of the Jazz can find a taker for Kirilenko in a trade -- there's going to be nobody taking Millsap. The Jazz will keep him.

sep11ie
12-18-2008, 12:29 PM
Sweet, get him away from the Rockets...He is a Rocket killer!

Vidball
12-18-2008, 12:45 PM
Millsap is a very very good player--but if the Jazz lose Boozer they will be a weaker team than they are right now. I guess the thought-process seems to be that they're gonna either lose Boozer or Millsap and since Millsap is comparable in skills and a lot cheaper, he should be the one they should keep. I get the logic. The only problem is the Jazz will be weaker next year regardless of who they keep if they only have one of the players.

Boozer + Millsap >>>>> Boozer OR Millsap

Just pay the tax, keep them both and have a 3-man rotation like the Lakers have with Bynum/Gasol/Odom.

DrDEADalready
12-18-2008, 12:50 PM
^^ its true keeping them both would be the best bet if we could do that. but having to choose Millsap is better.

richardle9
12-18-2008, 12:50 PM
I read somewhere in a Salt Lake newspaper that the Jazz had intentions of giving Millsap a raise some time this season. With that and the comments from Boozer stated before, it looks like the Jazz are leaning towards Millsap. The Jazz shouldn't have any regrets in doing so. Reason being, Millsap actually plays, defends and hustles like a monster; Boozer uses his raw talent when he wants to, makes ESPN commercials, and lets his desire determine when an injury is healed as opposed to his body deciding. Boozer would fit in great with the Rockets.

woah woah woah woah, hell no

JordansBulls
12-18-2008, 01:14 PM
Bulls need him badly. We need a 20 and 10 player who shoots 55%.

cambovenzi
12-18-2008, 01:20 PM
If Miami's plan was to go after Boozer this off season, then why did they draft Beasley? Could Miami be thinking of moving Beasley? I doubt it, just speculating. Would they move him to the 3?

they werent going to pass up a stud player in the draft b/c of a possible FA in future years.

superkegger
12-18-2008, 01:26 PM
Interesting. Too bad he came out and said this publicly, well too bad for the Jazz. I wouldn't think many teams would take him in a trade now, knowing he could be most likely a half season rental.

MagicBucsSox
12-18-2008, 01:31 PM
like who wants to stay in utah, of course he'd opt out he wants to be near miami with his sick son so i look for him to land at one of the florida teams, dwill gon leave next . utah shouldnt even have a franchise over a major city like st.louis
and millsap over boozer? hahahaha why cause he hustles just to stay out the nbdl? boozer is a top 5 pf with kg,duncan,amare and gasol ahead of him

lakersrock
12-18-2008, 01:38 PM
utah's definitely not resigning him thats for sure... millsap is younger, cheaper, more durable and better defensively... theyre equal when it comes to rebounding and boozer is only slightly better offensively...

Yes, he is younger, cheaper, more durable and better defensively. I would say Boozer is a slightly better rebounder and if you like Millsap is anywhere near Boozer on offense, you're going crazy.

In basically the same amount of MPG, Boozer has 12 RPG to Millsap's 9 and 21 PPG to Millsap's 15. Plus, Boozer is a better passer as well.

If I had to give Boozer the max or get Millsap for a third of that, I'd take Millsap. To say they're equal though is clearly off base.

gcoll
12-18-2008, 03:29 PM
Yeah....the Suns played the Jazz when Boozer was out, and Millsap looked like a pretty capable replacement.

Highlight
12-18-2008, 03:37 PM
Interesting. Too bad he came out and said this publicly, well too bad for the Jazz. I wouldn't think many teams would take him in a trade now, knowing he could be most likely a half season rental.

Agreed. I don't think the Jazz would trade Boozer this year anyways, but if they would like to, now that's out the window.

No one will want to trade for Boozer unless they want to make a salary dump and push for a title this year.

This is completely hypothetical and it's just to give the point ^ I just made some truth:

A Boozer for Rasheed Wallace swap.

Both contracts will be end by 2010. Rasheed's ends in 2010, while Boozer is opting out at the end of this year. The Jazz get a good player in return for Boozer who is opting out anyways, thus they don't lose him for nothing. Detroit gets to rent a great player for the year who comes off the books early.

^ I don't think that would ever happen for a few reasons. One being, Detroit would be even smaller than before. They would have to start Kwame and they would have no back up C. They would be forced to play small ball.

I'm just speculating and agreeing at the fact that Boozer's chance of being traded has almost diminished.

jimbobjarree
12-18-2008, 03:57 PM
KOC is talking about re-signing both, personally I think he's crazy. We cant afford both, and if we did manage to tie both down to long term contracts one would definatly have to be traded next season.

Booz has indicated he wants to stay, but with the emergance of Millsap it isnt wise to sign him on a huge deal, especialy when he gets injured often and is very un-motivated...also we know how much Booz's word is worth

rrude
12-18-2008, 04:07 PM
His "business" sense already had him skip playing with Lebron James to go and compete in a stacked West. He would already have played for a ring once if he hadn't f'ed Cleveland over. Now he wants to go out on the free agent market at a time when most teams are holding out for 2010. Dude's not cool or smart. He's hurt a lot and doesn't always play hard.

a_roid_3333
12-18-2008, 04:10 PM
whats boozer due to make next year, if he stayed put in utah?

hotpotato1092
12-18-2008, 04:12 PM
Mavs get: Carlos Boozer, cap filler

Jazz get: Josh Howard, Ericka Dampier.

Thoughts?

jimbobjarree
12-18-2008, 04:23 PM
If Booz stayed he's get like 12.5mil, if he opts out and gets a max it starts at 15.9.

and what was so bad about him leaving Clevelnad, they didnt choose to match his deal so isnt it in a way their fault anyways?

wwwhat
12-18-2008, 04:36 PM
Could Orlando somehow get Boozer? I think it'd be really interesting to see how having a true PF help the Magic and especially D-Howard. How about like Turk+Battie for Boozer?

codes238
12-18-2008, 04:45 PM
maybe he goes to miami for marion and haslem??

Hellcrooner
12-18-2008, 04:51 PM
How surprising.........

Wish Grizz jazz could slide them in Marc Gasol and Walkers expiring plus a pick....

Williams,Brewer,Miles,Millsap, Marc Gasol, low profile but extremely combative team, and a lot of money to throw at Dirk , Joe Johnson or Wade in 2010

eugene
12-18-2008, 05:24 PM
I just wanted to chime in and add to what my fellow Jazz fan is talking about... First and foremost Boozer.... What a stand up guy.... NOT!!!! The guy is sitting talking about opting out while he sits and milks an injury... Ridiculous!! I would much rather keep Millsap who is only one inch smaller than Boozer but works about ten times harder.... We all know Boozer is not a man of his word. So I am not surprised by anything he does. I think if he ends up anywhere it is with the Knicks... The Jazz should trade him now maybe get some picks and an expiring contract. I am just sick of hearing about Boozer. A great player and I am a Duke fan. But I cant stand listening to a guy who sits and whines about his injury when he is just sitting on the bench collecting a paycheck. If he cared about the Jazz or D-Will he would do whatever it took to get back out there. But that is the problem he does not care. Regardless of what team he goes to he wont have a PG the calliber of Williams who does nothing but create opportunities for him!! So leave I will even help pack his bags....

Damn right!!!

sportsnutzz
12-18-2008, 05:24 PM
How surprising.........

Wish Grizz jazz could slide them in Marc Gasol and Walkers expiring plus a pick....

Williams,Brewer,Miles,Millsap, Marc Gasol, low profile but extremely combative team, and a lot of money to throw at Dirk , Joe Johnson or Wade in 2010

Dirk? Haven't the Jazz had enough power forwards that choke in the playoffs? :p

eugene
12-18-2008, 05:29 PM
Trade him to Chicago as soon as possible. They really need him right now!! Trade him for the bunch of Bulls youngsters +Ben Gordon. Great solution for both... Bulls are still in playoff race and this move would make them much stronger.

THE_FLASH_21
12-18-2008, 05:34 PM

well as a utah fan... for all my life. I follow the jazz really close. When the Jazz drafted Milsap, it was amazing he got to the 2nd round. He lead the NCAA division 1 for 3 years in a row for rebounding... I already knew he was a beast even at 6'7 6'8.

After his Rookie season he proved why he deserves to be in the NBA. He deserves to start. He can rebound/ play "D"/ pass/ Shoot/ and the most important thing is he DRIVES IN really hard and doesn't settle for the jump shot like Boozer.... Boozer is not better then milsap.(Booz= Mil)The only advantage Boozer has on Milsap is he's a bit slim and faster. Lamar Odam punked him last year and i'll never forget that. I don't care if he gets 10 MVP's or we get him back next year, he can't play "D".

THE_FLASH_21
12-18-2008, 05:36 PM
Mavs get: Carlos Boozer, cap filler

Jazz get: Josh Howard, Ericka Dampier.

Thoughts?

I'd jump on that deal instantly.....:drool: Howard has unlimited potential.

sportsnutzz
12-18-2008, 05:37 PM
like who wants to stay in utah, of course he'd opt out he wants to be near miami with his sick son so i look for him to land at one of the florida teams, dwill gon leave next . utah shouldnt even have a franchise over a major city like st.louis

Have you ever been to Utah? Did you know one of the nation's best children's hospitals is in Utah? (Primary Children's) And where does a Magic fan get off saying Utah doesn't deserve a team. We pack in the fans and have been consistently good for 20 years. That is all that matters. Also Dwill could have already left if he wanted to. Thanks for your ignorant post though.

Hellcrooner
12-18-2008, 05:38 PM
Ive been to salt Lake city, it looked a clean and good place to live a quiet life.

Lo Porto
12-18-2008, 05:43 PM
A Jazz fan here. Looks like Boozer has earned his trip out of Utah. If KOC is smart, he'll trade Boozer for anything before the trade deadline. Millsap is a capable starter, Okur is a great C, Brewer is an emerging SG and Deron is an elite PG. If the Jazz trade Booz, they need to get a large upgrade at the SF position or find someone better than Okur at C (probably not happening). Utah should trade Boozer to Charlotte for Gerald Wallace. Charlotte is looking to trade Wallace, and Wallace would compliment Deron, Okur, Millsap and Brewer quite well.

rrude
12-18-2008, 05:47 PM
If Booz stayed he's get like 12.5mil, if he opts out and gets a max it starts at 15.9.

and what was so bad about him leaving Clevelnad, they didnt choose to match his deal so isnt it in a way their fault anyways?

Well, he did agree verbally to a contract and then go back on it, but my point was more that if his goal is to play for a championship and thrive, he made a huge mistake leaving LBJ to go to the West where there were three or four teams standing in the way of competing for a ring.

He's only interested in the $$, that is the point.

sportsnutzz
12-18-2008, 05:47 PM
A Jazz fan here. Looks like Boozer has earned his trip out of Utah. If KOC is smart, he'll trade Boozer for anything before the trade deadline. Millsap is a capable starter, Okur is a great C, Brewer is an emerging SG and Deron is an elite PG. If the Jazz trade Booz, they need to get a large upgrade at the SF position or find someone better than Okur at C (probably not happening). Utah should trade Boozer to Charlotte for Gerald Wallace. Charlotte is looking to trade Wallace, and Wallace would compliment Deron, Okur, Millsap and Brewer quite well.

I think this is the best idea also, but would Wallace get along with Sloan?

Lo Porto
12-18-2008, 06:22 PM
Supposedly, Larry Brown loves Gerald Wallace. The only problem is that the Bobcats want a big man to put next to Okafor badly. I think Sloan would love Wallace because he does all the little stuff. He rebounds, blocks shots, gets tons of steals and hustles. His offensive game might need some Sloan approval, but I think Deron would love having an athlete like Wallace to run the floor with. Throw in that Wallace is a good defender and we are suspect at defending, and you've got a good fit.

pippsux
12-18-2008, 06:25 PM
As a rocket fan I can't say I will miss him. But as a fan of basketball, I think he is making a big mistake. Dwill is a stud at point guard and Utah is missing, IMO, a wing man who can create his own shot to be a contender to win it all. Why would he leave that? It was very telling that his college coach, coach K, didn't even try to use him during the Olympics. Attitude problem? Who knows.

As for Utah, it is in their best interest to pay Boozer. Milsap is trying to get paid right now and is playing for a contract, the minute he gets that big contract, it's over. With Boozer, at least you know what you get, a 20/10 forward who loveeeessssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! money!

Lo Porto
12-18-2008, 06:38 PM
Millsap has played that way in college and since he's joined the league. The guy plays with a chip on his shoulder because people say he's too short or he's not as good as guys like Boozer.

NYMetros
12-18-2008, 06:42 PM
Money loving idiot. He'll get payed but will lose any chance to earn a true reputation

He said he still wants to go to a place where he can win.

Tony_Starks
12-18-2008, 06:50 PM
Boozer is about as selfish as they come. It's one thing to be a good business man, but its another thing to just be all about the money. First that fiasco he pulled with Cleveland and now this.

jimbobjarree
12-18-2008, 07:22 PM
Bulls need him badly. We need a 20 and 10 player who shoots 55%.

theres el zilcho on the Bulls that we'd want though

jimbobjarree
12-18-2008, 07:34 PM
can anyone see Boozer being the highest paid player EVER playing in Europe next season?

Lakers4ItAll
12-18-2008, 07:56 PM
I think it's complete BS when a player talks about **** like this during a season

jimbobjarree
12-18-2008, 08:01 PM
^exactly my thinking, just because of this he should go, he's not playing for the team, he's just playing for the $$, keep Millsap who has played his heart out for the last 2 seasons for just under 1.5mil, he's got a bit more passion, and I think he's loyal to the Jazz

MagicBucsSox
12-18-2008, 08:21 PM
man we're talking sports and your talking bout a damn childrens hospital , like ok thats great now back to nba talk, and i have been to utah so i speak from experience and far as him leaving cleveland he should like you people kill me talking it personal when a player leaves a team , teams always F a player over who gave their life heart sweat n tears to a team, so the guy went for the money as he should and should again

loco29
12-18-2008, 08:37 PM
man we're talking sports and your talking bout a damn childrens hospital , like ok thats great now back to nba talk, and i have been to utah so i speak from experience and far as him leaving cleveland he should like you people kill me talking it personal when a player leaves a team , teams always F a player over who gave their life heart sweat n tears to a team, so the guy went for the money as he should and should again

what???

Sport
12-18-2008, 08:37 PM
As a Jazz fan.

See ya Booz:cheer:

superkegger
12-18-2008, 08:49 PM
Agreed. I don't think the Jazz would trade Boozer this year anyways, but if they would like to, now that's out the window.

No one will want to trade for Boozer unless they want to make a salary dump and push for a title this year.

This is completely hypothetical and it's just to give the point ^ I just made some truth:

A Boozer for Rasheed Wallace swap.

Both contracts will be end by 2010. Rasheed's ends in 2010, while Boozer is opting out at the end of this year. The Jazz get a good player in return for Boozer who is opting out anyways, thus they don't lose him for nothing. Detroit gets to rent a great player for the year who comes off the books early.

^ I don't think that would ever happen for a few reasons. One being, Detroit would be even smaller than before. They would have to start Kwame and they would have no back up C. They would be forced to play small ball.

I'm just speculating and agreeing at the fact that Boozer's chance of being traded has almost diminished.

I think Detroit would jump on that in a heartbeat. I thought they were rumored to be suitors for Carlos...and if he got traded to them, they would get his bird rights as well....

How surprising.........

Walker was waived, and that would be a bad trade for Memphis, as Boozer would just opt out and they lose gasol and their pick for it....

Trade him to Chicago as soon as possible. They really need him right now!! Trade him for the bunch of Bulls youngsters +Ben Gordon. Great solution for both... Bulls are still in playoff race and this move would make them much stronger.

Gordon is basically untradeable. He has to give consent to a trade because of the 1 year bid clause in his contract. Plus, because of his contract, his bird rights can't be traded. Meaning 1 team and one team only can use bird rights to resign him, the bulls, and that may be the most useful thing in the world this offseason. Ben Gordon is basically untradeable.

I'd jump on that deal instantly.....:drool: Howard has unlimited potential.

I really don't think he'll get much better than he is right now. :shrug: He's good, I just don't see him improving drastically....

jimbobjarree
12-18-2008, 08:49 PM
what???

exactly....well, you have to expect a few nutters on here

JayW_1023
12-18-2008, 08:53 PM
Boozer should sign with Charlotte...both him and Larry Brown like the flirt with other teams and leave them once they become good. They should get along fine.

Mr.Grizzly
12-18-2008, 09:10 PM
all about the cash

dee279
12-18-2008, 09:42 PM
well, all i know is i hope he does not come to miami because he has not one bit of defense becuz dwayne wade and shawn marion is pretty much our lead blockers and boozer gets wut .9 blocks a game? not sumthin we need mo especially since i think beasley will eventually come in his own and become a star

jimbobjarree
12-18-2008, 09:43 PM
^defense isnt really all about blocks...though booz does suck at it

dee279
12-18-2008, 09:45 PM
yeah i know it aint all about blocks but without a force in the paint which we do not have, boozer would not help us much on the defensive end and we would have a lot of foul trouble comin our way becuz booz does like to foul

JayW_1023
12-18-2008, 11:48 PM
Neither Booze nor Okur get alot of blocks because Kirilenko is used as their designated weakside helper in most defensive sets.

They are both defenseless though.

#1Mavericksfan
12-19-2008, 12:11 AM
The Jazz better not listen to anything that comes out of Boozer's mouth after what he did to the Cavs.

innovator
12-19-2008, 01:24 AM
Basketball is a business, ofcourse boozer chooses the one with more money like he said its for his family

JackSplack
12-19-2008, 01:52 AM
Marion 4 Boozer + Korver (or Harpring)?

Utah shores up SF (marion needs a real PG to be effective) and money for next year.

Miami Gets A rotational center in Boozer to play with Haslem (some minutes to Anthony/Magloire until Zo comes back).

Maybe in the offseason we can sign and trade Boozer for a disgruntled Amare or Bosh.

29$JerZ
12-19-2008, 02:20 AM
It's obvious he was going to opt out regardles sof his situation in Utah, that last big contract is always lucrative and yo can't blame a guy for wanting the most money he could get while he is in his prime.

Utah has Millsap who I like very much as a player and he is a cheaper as well as productive. Utah should really try to trade him soon IMO and incorporate Millsap as the starting 4. Try to get something for him because I highly doubt Utah does a sign and trade this off season.

Iodine
12-19-2008, 02:34 AM
If you think milsap can touch boozers game your special

I love milsap but WTF
seriously WTF?

sportsnutzz
12-19-2008, 02:46 AM
Basketball is a business, ofcourse boozer chooses the one with more money like he said its for his family

Yeah guys, do you want to see Boozer's kids starve?

jimbobjarree
12-19-2008, 09:40 AM
In doing so, however, Boozer also left wiggle room for leaving.

"Obviously I want to stay here with the team. I wasn't trying to say I was gonna leave or anything like that. Obviously I'll look at my options," said Boozer, who for quite some time has had a supposed likely suitor in the very city he spends his summers, Miami.

"But the smart thing for me is to opt out, and instead of having a one-year deal possibly having a six-year deal," he added. "That makes sense from a business standpoint."

Boozer addressed several other specific questions Thursday, including:

If he feared detractors will question his commitment to the Jazz this season:

"They shouldn't. They shouldn't. I'm a Jazzman," he said. "Obviously I'm an integral part in getting this team to the level where we are, and hopefully getting us to a championship level.

"Obviously ... I can opt out this summer and sign a six-year deal and stay with my team, which would be a beautiful thing, especially if we're able to keep the pieces around us to have a chance to win a championship. So, it has nothing to do with me wanting to leave Utah. It has to do with stability."

If he already has told Jazz management and ownership he wants to remain in Utah:

"Absolutely," he said. "We've had great conversations, and that's exactly what we think.

"We haven't talked a great deal but the conversation that we have had has been about me staying and them wanting me to stay here."

If he has become a distraction to the team:

"No, I don't think so. ... We already have enough on our plate," he said. "But I really hope not. I wasn't trying to. ... I'm trying to get back healthy so I can help my team win."

If he'll insist on a raise, as suggested by his "No matter what, I'm going to get a raise regardless" comment to ESPN.com.

"He (the Web site reporter) basically put that in my mouth. Without saying it in so many words," Boozer said. "He used that word (raise). I didn't even use that word. I don't even talk like that."

If he'd be willing to re-sign with the Jazz while forgoing a raise so they could address other payroll concerns, including re-signing backup Paul Millsap:

"That's something we'll talk about if we have to cross that bridge," he said. "If that's something they need, that's something I will talk to them about. But I haven't had any indication of that at all."

If he thought the Jazz will trade him later this season because they feared losing him to free agency without recouping anything:

"In every conversation I've had, that's not what they're gonna do," he said. "I mean, obviously we've seen things happen in the past with other teams and in other situations. But I don't have any indication at all that they want to trade me. I don't anticipate that at all."

Boozer suggested his Wednesday comments were not at all scripted but instead came in the course of a "casual conversation" regarding his offseason options.

"I didn't plan on talking about this," he said. "It just kind of happened.

"Next thing I know," Boozer added, "it turned into a big media thing."

Deseret (http://deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,705271497,00.html?pg=2)

jimbobjarree
12-19-2008, 09:41 AM
and that my friends is waht a pile of ******** looks like^

Quasimoto
12-19-2008, 10:03 AM
Heat!...

JIDsanity
12-19-2008, 10:10 AM
What's funny is that Detroit is trying to get Amare by trade, and if they can't land him, then they will go after Carlos. I love their GM, projected line up next season:
Stuckey
Rip
Tay
Carlos or Amare
Max?
It's like they just don't fall off

JJ81
12-19-2008, 10:18 AM
Boozer's an alcoholic.

JordansBulls
12-19-2008, 11:29 AM
Deseret (http://deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,705271497,00.html?pg=2)

I think this clearly shows that Boozer will more than likely leave.

iam brett favre
12-19-2008, 11:32 AM
What an *******..why dont you go miss another 15 games in a row somewhere else you ****ing *****

theimortalone
12-20-2008, 02:07 AM
Wow Boozer. Well at least you guys have a replacement in Millsap! You guys should try to trade Booz before the season ends, like Boozer for Redd, or Boozer for VC. If you guys get an elite SG I do not see the Jazz being stopped!

theimortalone
12-20-2008, 02:09 AM
What's funny is that Detroit is trying to get Amare by trade, and if they can't land him, then they will go after Carlos. I love their GM, projected line up next season:
Stuckey
Rip
Tay
Carlos or Amare
Max?
It's like they just don't fall off

Where have you heard about Detroit going after Amare? I sure as hell have not heard anything, and I am a huge Amar'e fan!

JordansBulls
12-20-2008, 09:49 AM
Wow Boozer. Well at least you guys have a replacement in Millsap! You guys should try to trade Booz before the season ends, like Boozer for Redd, or Boozer for VC. If you guys get an elite SG I do not see the Jazz being stopped!

if the Jazz can get expirings as well then they might.

jimbobjarree
12-20-2008, 09:54 AM
we wouldnt get a big contract i wouldnt have thought, expirings with picks maybe, but we have told him we wont trade him anyway

Nighthawk
12-20-2008, 10:00 AM

duude your so so wrong man. I watched my Celts give it to the Jazz the other night. But Milsap had a nice 30 points and was solid all game long. Im also not using 1 game to judge. Last years playoffs in limited minutes he was solid. Hes going to be a top PF in the league. No doubt in my mind. He just needs to be on the court more

sportsnutzz
12-20-2008, 01:54 PM
duude your so so wrong man. I watched my Celts give it to the Jazz the other night. But Milsap had a nice 30 points and was solid all game long. Im also not using 1 game to judge. Last years playoffs in limited minutes he was solid. Hes going to be a top PF in the league. No doubt in my mind. He just needs to be on the court more

He played 51 min last night, how is that for more court time? :D 24 points 13 rebounds 4 blocks and only 1 TO.

DrDEADalready
12-20-2008, 02:12 PM
If it didnt go to 2OT he would have lost his back to back double double streak he has

JordansBulls
12-20-2008, 02:31 PM
There is no need for Boozer anymore. Actually I think if the Bulls would trade Gordon and a pick they could get Boozer.

Jazz would be better off with Gordon now than Boozer considering how good Millsap is.

kobes2good
12-20-2008, 03:39 PM
he should drop out utah is trash now

DrDEADalready
12-20-2008, 03:41 PM
explain your self how we trash?

jimbobjarree
12-20-2008, 07:00 PM
your explanation is in his avatar and screen name