PDA

View Full Version : Lance "Born Ready" Stephenson should go to St. John's

NYYCowboys
12-18-2008, 04:05 AM
New York City has not had a good basketball team since the Knicks in the 90s, and St. John's basketball during the Ron Artest era. Many consider NYC the mecca of basketball, and the city is dying for a good basketball team (which prob won't happen until LeBron signs with the Knicks in 2010). If Lance Stephenson of Abraham Lincoln High School in Coney Island decided to sign with St. John's, and led them deep into the NCAA tournament not only would he be a legend, but he could revitalize a once proud St. John's basketball program. I read on rivals.com that he has high interest in St. John's and only medium interest in the other schools recruiting him (Kansas, Memphis, USC, Seton Hall etc.). Do you think a superstar like Lance can revitalize basketball in NYC?

JHG722
12-18-2008, 12:12 PM
He should go to Temple or Villanova.

Wake's Fastball
12-18-2008, 12:45 PM
St. John's needs alot more than Stephenson to be competitive in the Big East again.

NYYCowboys
12-18-2008, 01:34 PM
We also got Omari Lawerence who is an 87/100 in espn.com and we are in on a bunch of other good prospects too so if we get Stephenson we definetly could become competitive.

JHG722
12-18-2008, 05:25 PM
I have no idea why all these prospects have St. John's on their lists. None of them ever go there anyway.

NYYCowboys
12-18-2008, 09:36 PM
Because we are in the best conference in college basketball and are located in NYC. And are you kidding me Temple?? You play in a worse conference and you have on good player Christmas and when he leaves u'll be a joke again.

JHG722
12-19-2008, 02:36 AM
Because we are in the best conference in college basketball and are located in NYC. And are you kidding me Temple?? You play in a worse conference and you have on good player Christmas and when he leaves u'll be a joke again.

I'm sorry, St. John's is relevant? Really?

Long Island W 73-63
Cornell W 86-75
Howard W 79-44
East. Michigan W 73-61
Loyola Chicago W 73-54
St. Francis (NY) W 69-61
N.J.I.T. W 82-54
Bethune-Cookman W 77-59

Talk about a cupcake schedule...

Also, one good player? Not quite...

While the Big East is indeed the best conference in college basketball, St. John's cannot compete with the powerhouses of the Big East. Total waste of time to play there.

WI Sports Fan
12-19-2008, 02:50 AM
It doesn't look like he has any interest, but what about Rutgers? I know it's not NYC, but it's in the area. He would join a McD's AA in Mike Rosario who appears to be a lock to play there for all 4 years. It looks like they also recruited a very good big man last year who is already making a big impact, and they have a couple solid recruits coming in next year.

JHG722
12-19-2008, 02:58 AM
Yeah, Rutgers recruiting has been pretty fantastic over the last few years.