PDA

View Full Version : Healthy Rockets

Benaforce
12-17-2008, 09:06 PM
If the Rockets can stay healthy, which is a BIG if. How high do you rate them in the west? I think that they could challenge the Lakers if the Rockets big 3 are healthy. The Rockets need Battier and Artest healthy for their D. Yao needs to be more physical inside. T-Mac needs to be more consistant. If they can bring it all together they will be scary and can beat anyone.

JJ81
12-17-2008, 09:18 PM
I doubt it. The Lakers are playing horribly right now but I can't see them being taken from the top of the west.

JordansBulls
12-17-2008, 09:21 PM
If the Rockets can stay healthy, which is a BIG if. How high do you rate them in the west? I think that they could challenge the Lakers if the Rockets big 3 are healthy. The Rockets need Battier and Artest healthy for their D. Yao needs to be more physical inside. T-Mac needs to be more consistant. If they can bring it all together they will be scary and can beat anyone.

Of course if they are healthy they can beat anyone. I just hope for once that if they lose that injuries are not the reason.

Lakersfan2483
12-17-2008, 09:46 PM
Of course if they are healthy they can beat anyone. I just hope for once that if they lose that injuries are not the reason.

When they were healthy 2 yrs. ago against Utah, what was the excuse?? They have to prove they can get out of round 1 before people start saying they can beat anyone.

t-mac1nukka
12-17-2008, 09:48 PM
there were no excuses for that series. at least not from the educated fans.

rhino17
12-17-2008, 09:50 PM
depends.

I think rafer has got to be moved out of the starting rotation, he is a glaring weakness and would be better suited off the bench imo. That means having a better shooter and finisher in Brooks inserted into the lineup and making tmac more of a playmaker/facilitator where he is at his best

Durant is hype
12-17-2008, 10:13 PM
depends.

I think rafer has got to be moved out of the starting rotation, he is a glaring weakness and would be better suited off the bench imo. That means having a better shooter and finisher in Brooks inserted into the lineup and making tmac more of a playmaker/facilitator where he is at his best

So you're saying T-mac is a better playmaker than a better scorer.

rhino17
12-17-2008, 10:35 PM
So you're saying T-mac is a better playmaker than a better scorer.

I think the rockets are a better team when he is the playmaker because he is the only guy capable of doing it. When he isnt the playmaker they simply have no one else to do it. Rafer Alston is not a playmaker and has pretty poor assist number for a starting point guard. Now tmac has a team around him that has offensive firepower and him making the great passes that he is capable of only makes them that much better.

Chronz
12-17-2008, 10:43 PM
When they were healthy 2 yrs. ago against Utah, what was the excuse?? They have to prove they can get out of round 1 before people start saying they can beat anyone.

Lack of depth, they didnt have any support outside of the Tmac and Yao core, now theyve added the depth to necessary to compete with complete teams like Utah. Any more questions? And they dont have to prove anything, if you got the talent and the dominant players you can win any series.

JayW_1023
12-17-2008, 10:49 PM
I hope they stay healthy...but since they are the Spurs' division rival, maybe not lol j/k. They are scary deep at full force. They have three legitimate stars and a great supporting cast. Guys like Battier and Scola are some of the best roleplayers out there.

astrosmaniac
12-17-2008, 10:58 PM
I hope they stay healthy...but since they are the Spurs' division rival, maybe not lol j/k. They are scary deep at full force. They have three legitimate stars and a great supporting cast. Guys like Battier and Scola are some of the best roleplayers out there.

and with landry and brooks emerging. those guys were steals at #26 and #31 in the draft 2 years ago

Lakersfan2483
12-17-2008, 10:58 PM
Lack of depth, they didnt have any support outside of the Tmac and Yao core, now theyve added the depth to necessary to compete with complete teams like Utah. Any more questions? And they dont have to prove anything, if you got the talent and the dominant players you can win any series.

With a player of T-Mac's talents and Yao's dominance down low, they should have made it out of the first round, no excuses for them that year. Yes, they do have to prove something, T-Mac has not made it out of the first round and this is the year that they have to prove they are legit contenders.

As far as depth is concerned, that team was talented enough and had 2 top 10 players, they certainly should have made it past the first round that year. You can play the excuse card all you want, but when you have 2 superstars of both T-Mac and Yao's talent, you have to produce. (I am refering to the year they were healthy)

astrosmaniac
12-17-2008, 11:01 PM
With a player of T-Mac's talents and Yao's dominance down low, they should have made it out of the first round, no excuses for them that year. Yes, they do have to prove something, T-Mac has not made it out of the first round and this is the year that they have to prove they are legit contenders.

As far as depth is concerned, that team was talented enough and had 2 top 10 players, they certainly should have made it past the first round that year. You can play the excuse card all you want, but when you have 2 superstars of both T-Mac and Yao's talent, you have to produce. (I am refering to the year they were healthy)

then what's kobe's excuse for losing to the suns after shaq left and before they got pau last year? the rockets had juwan howard as the starting PF. JUWAN FREAKING HOWARD. thats how thin this team was. it was disgusting how thin this team was outside of yao and mcgrady.

Lakersfan2483
12-17-2008, 11:12 PM
then what's kobe's excuse for losing to the suns after shaq left and before they got pau last year? the rockets had juwan howard as the starting PF. JUWAN FREAKING HOWARD. thats how thin this team was. it was disgusting how thin this team was outside of yao and mcgrady.

That is not even a legit argument. Kobe did not have a dominant center of Yao's ability after Shaq departed. Yao was considered the best center at that time and T-Mac was in the top 3 in terms of shooting guards. Bad argument. The bottom line is, the Rockets need to get out of the first round and they should have made it out of the first round a couple of yrs. ago. No excuses for that team, period.

*Kobe's team featured players like Smush Parker (no longer in the NBA), Kwame Brown (bust), luke Walton (avg. player) and those were the guys starting at our most important positions. lol

superkegger
12-17-2008, 11:18 PM
Really if they're healthy I have no idea how good they would be. There is of course a lot of talent there, but a lot of talent doesn't always mean greatness. We haven't really seen this "big 3" play as a healthy unit yet either. Once we see a stretch of games from them healthy, how their chemistry is, how Tmac and Artest adjust to eachother, then we'll see.

ShaunRiching9
12-17-2008, 11:23 PM
they would be 1-2 with the lakrs through the season with the lakers probly finishing 1st then meeting in the west finals and lakers would win cuz they want another shot at the celtics