PDA

View Full Version : Celtics (23-2) @ Hawks (15-9)

The Intimidator
12-17-2008, 08:39 PM
The Celtics are leading 22-21 after the first quarter. I hate the Hawks, so I hope we shut their crowd up. They're so cocky after taking us 7 games last year.

The Intimidator
12-17-2008, 09:15 PM
The Celtics led by 1 point after the first quarter, and the Hawks are leading by 1 point at the half, 43-42. There is something sketchy about this game. The Refs seem to be calling the game in Atlanta's favor.

Vikes_Fan_TC
12-17-2008, 09:28 PM
The refs are always in Atlanta's pocket when playing at home. On the play Doc got a technical, how the hell is that foul even called on Garnett. Thats where the double standard is guys, trying to help Atlanta break our streak. It surprises me a little as I would have thought the NBA would want us to have the streak going into LA next week, think of the hype and ratings if the streak is still in place when we face LA.

Red_Sox_89
12-17-2008, 09:41 PM
Let's go Celtics! Gotta get our heads outta our ***** if we wanna win this one!

tonyd3b54
12-17-2008, 09:45 PM
kg is getting hacked on the block... he keeps losing the ball cuz smith is tearing his arms off

NFLNBA
12-17-2008, 09:49 PM
Damn the star treament is very well known but it sure must be nice to have 3 of them lol
I noticed its not the calls they get its the none calls they get thats more of a factor. Just wish my Kings had 1 you guys mind leting us borrow 1, for say 3 games so we can get some more easy FT points? Fun game to watch its real rough out there damn there's gonna be a fight soon huh?

NFLNBA
12-17-2008, 10:06 PM
The refs are always in Atlanta's pocket when playing at home. On the play Doc got a technical, how the hell is that foul even called on Garnett. Thats where the double standard is guys, trying to help Atlanta break our streak. It surprises me a little as I would have thought the NBA would want us to have the streak going into LA next week, think of the hype and ratings if the streak is still in place when we face LA.

LOL Im the same way when i watch my Kings your always gonna be Bias but im watching the game and both teams have shot 14 FT and the refs have been pretty fair with the calls. Garnett moved into the screen he set, was a good call, the only blatant bad call tonight was the double dribble on Garnett they didnt call.

LOL double standard on trying to have Atl break your streak! REALLY?
Thats like people saying the league helped the Celtics and Lakers in the playoffs so they could meet up like the old days, is that true then? Or that since the Celtics havent 1 a title in 20 years they helped you guys out in the Finals, is that true then? Actually there was that 1 game you had 1 bench player shoot more FT then the entire Laker team was that just because the league wanted the Celtics to win it all so Boston could FINALLY win a title again?:eyebrow:

Tenacious D
12-17-2008, 10:31 PM
These teams have played some great, close games the last two years. Not counting the blowouts in Boston last year. Great to see some life out of the Hawks.

Tenacious D
12-17-2008, 10:34 PM
Nasty oop

Tenacious D
12-17-2008, 10:34 PM
Jooooooooooooooooooe Johnson

Tenacious D
12-17-2008, 10:35 PM
And Paul Pierce is clutch again

Tenacious D
12-17-2008, 10:36 PM
Back and forth

Tenacious D
12-17-2008, 10:37 PM
HUGE block by Perkins...Great D by Boston down the stretch

Tenacious D
12-17-2008, 10:38 PM
Rondo 1 of 2...Helluva game

Tenacious D
12-17-2008, 10:42 PM
JJ chokes...Great game...Just couldn't quite put it away...Nice job Celtics

NYMetros
12-17-2008, 10:46 PM
Great game.

Super.
12-17-2008, 10:47 PM
Anddd JJ Misses the FT! and Bibby with the final shot.....NADA! Celtics WIN~!

Frrrrank!!!
12-17-2008, 10:51 PM
that was a tense game, jeez. Great game and great win for the c's.

dawgsfan_45
12-17-2008, 10:55 PM
Good game guys. I was really hoping we could pull this one out. This will be a rivalry for years to come.

The Intimidator
12-17-2008, 11:31 PM
Great game. I didn't have internet connection for a couple hours, so I couldn't keep posting. Tight game, but in the end the clutch players earned their paychecks, while others choked. However, as much as I hate the Hawks, they are a damn good team. They will make a run in the playoffs for sure IMO. But, 16 in a row, 24-2 overall, this is fantastic.

As for NFLNBA: stop coming in here and baiting Celtics fans. If you can't get over the fact that the Celtics won the title last year, then go back to crying in your apple juice.

BTownTeamsRKing
12-18-2008, 12:07 AM
KG's Best game as a Boston Celtic so far. He was unbelievable!!!! Perk was a beast on defense and that upfake and then and1 by Perk was a very mature play. Rondo and Pierce did their thing. Ray had a rough night, but its ok.

listen to this:

with the Celtics up by 1 when JJ was at the line to tie the game. I called that miss. he was 7-7 going into it and he normally shoots 82% at the line. stats won out in this case huh.

great game...16 in a row!!!! WOW

unwantedplayer
12-18-2008, 12:10 AM
KG's Best game as a Boston Celtic so far. He was unbelievable!!!! Perk was a beast on defense and that upfake and then and1 by Perk was a very mature play. Rondo and Pierce did their thing. Ray had a rough night, but its ok.

listen to this:

with the Celtics up by 1 when JJ was at the line to tie the game. I called that miss. he was 7-7 going into it and he normally shoots 82% at the line. stats won out in this case huh.

great game...16 in a row!!!! WOW

KG played very well, but not his best as a Celt. Also, wheres Corey posting the game lineups every game day?

MVPedroia
12-18-2008, 12:32 AM
damn what a game.

here comes a homestand facing sub 500 teams.

The Intimidator
12-18-2008, 06:17 PM
KG played very well, but not his best as a Celt. Also, wheres Corey posting the game lineups every game day?

Give Corey a break, will you? :D

Jeter_3
12-27-2008, 09:58 PM
I was at this game!! this game was amazing... Josh Smith dunk was awesome then K.G. came down the court and he did it!!! Go celtics!