PDA

View Full Version : Lucky the Mascot Really?

y2shoes
12-17-2008, 07:11 PM
Come on don't you think the Celtics need a better Mascot than lucky, I know that people love him but he is like a short annoying little kid. I think the Celtics would be better with a mascot that is in a full blown Leprechaun mask and suit and wearing different present and past players jerseys.
Anyway let me know what you think. I mean if the Celtics are gonna start winning more Championships don't we need a Mascot that looks cool on TV, I mean take for example the Gorilla for Suns that guy is awesome.
Also I think they should show more the Celtics lady dancers they are hot!!!
I am sure I will get hammered but it is just how I feel.

The Intimidator
12-17-2008, 08:41 PM
I'll send this to Danny Ainge. I'm sure he'll make it a priority...:rolleyes:

Redsoxin2009
12-17-2008, 09:01 PM
ummm, i like tradition and lucky has been a celtics icon since the bill russel days, and i HATE when historical teams change tradition well, besides the dancers, there not tradition but ill get over that

Frrrrank!!!
12-17-2008, 10:54 PM
Lucky is def. the bees knees of mascots. If they changed our mascot I would be so depressed. He is tradition and tradition is very important.

Wake's Fastball
12-18-2008, 01:07 AM
There's a point where enhancing Lucky could get offensive real quickly in a city that's well-populated with people with Irish backgrounds.

ProPoster
12-18-2008, 01:26 AM
I think he's talking about the guy thats playing as Lucky and not the actual image of lucky.

The Intimidator
12-18-2008, 06:16 PM
Well, the guy in the Lucky costume is extremely entertaining to watch, so I'm not sure what the problem is. Would he rather have a mascot with a mask?

rufo4100
12-19-2008, 03:49 PM
Come on don't you think the Celtics need a better Mascot than lucky, I know that people love him but he is like a short annoying little kid. I think the Celtics would be better with a mascot that is in a full blown Leprechaun mask and suit and wearing different present and past players jerseys.
Anyway let me know what you think. I mean if the Celtics are gonna start winning more Championships don't we need a Mascot that looks cool on TV, I mean take for example the Gorilla for Suns that guy is awesome.
Also I think they should show more the Celtics lady dancers they are hot!!!
I am sure I will get hammered but it is just how I feel.

I actually like the mascot. He is kind of cool and very friendly but not cocky! A tough thing to do and he is entertaining without being annoying or in the way of the game etc...

ps...if you were referring to the actual image of lucky(which I dont think you were) I must say the logo/image of lucky is awesome and should NEVER be changed.

Not too tart not too sweet ;)

Dont hate on lucky

Celts437
12-20-2008, 05:14 PM
So Im at the mall shopping about a month ago and as im about to check out I look behind me in line and see this guy. Did a double take and thought why do i know this guy? Then I turned around looked at him and said "holy crap you are Lucky!"...I think it is very unique to have a mascot that people can actually recognize out in public, I got excited and Im sure kids would even more so. Plus he was a very nice guy and very down to earth. The traditional mascot goes quite well with such a traditional Celtics team.

rufo4100
12-21-2008, 09:11 AM
So Im at the mall shopping about a month ago and as im about to check out I look behind me in line and see this guy. Did a double take and thought why do i know this guy? Then I turned around looked at him and said "holy crap you are Lucky!"...I think it is very unique to have a mascot that people can actually recognize out in public, I got excited and Im sure kids would even more so. Plus he was a very nice guy and very down to earth. The traditional mascot goes quite well with such a traditional Celtics team.

Well put. Lucky is cool.