PDA

View Full Version : Spoelstra or Riley?

JayW_1023
12-17-2008, 04:40 PM
I think one of the unsung heroes of this season is Erik Spoelstra and how this rookie coach has kept an extremely flawed roster afloat. Dwyane Wade so far has had a terrific season, but Spoelstra is making good things happen with this young roster. His decision to allow Beasley to come off the bench has paid dividends. Still without a great big man a payoff position is uncertain.

Since the Heat may become better than expected in the long run, should Riley step in again? I sure hope not. But it wouldn't suprise me. But if the Heat make the payoffs it's possible. It would seriously deny Spoelstra some COY consideration I guess.

JJ81
12-17-2008, 05:11 PM
Riley. Experience is needed come playoff time.

Frank Costanza
12-17-2008, 06:42 PM
Spoelstra fo sho, you cant have a coach guide a team to the playoffs then yank him when they get there,

Jonathan2323
12-17-2008, 07:07 PM
Coach Spo is the coach. Riley is not coming back. Maybe he will when we sign Lebron, Bosh or Amare:D.

lakers4sho
12-17-2008, 07:48 PM
Coach Spo is the coach. Riley is not coming back. Maybe he will when we sign Lebron, Bosh or Amare:D.

and lose Wade? ;)

wwwhat
12-17-2008, 08:08 PM
I think that Riley is the better coach if we were in the playoffs. But right now, I want Spoelstra as he's willing to play younger guys as long as they're willing to play defense, something Riley wouldn't do. And we really need to develop our players of the future (Chalmers, Beasley, Cook, Wright, Anthony, etc)

unwantedplayer
12-17-2008, 08:16 PM
Changing a coach going into the postseason would mess up the team's style of play.

oshea225
12-17-2008, 08:58 PM
right now i have a lot of respect for what riley's done throughout his career. if we play well enough and make it to the playoffs, then riley steps in and says "okay, i'm coaching now. see you next year spo," i would instantly lose every grain of that respect.

t-mac1nukka
12-17-2008, 09:46 PM
right now i have a lot of respect for what riley's done throughout his career. if we play well enough and make it to the playoffs, then riley steps in and says "okay, i'm coaching now. see you next year spo," i would instantly lose every grain of that respect.

but pretty much doing that to gundy is ok????

riley is a d bag to the max.