PDA

View Full Version : Prince for Odom, is it completely unrealistic?

superkegger
12-17-2008, 01:28 PM
So there's been this idea in the Laker forum that the Lakers should trade Prince for Odom. There are various reasons behind why many dillusional Laker fans think this would work. Such as:

Since the Iverson trade, it is becoming obvious that Detroit will not contend. They did that trade to get cap space for the next couple of years, probably for 2010. If they did this trade, they would be 40 million below the cap next year.

Detroit had him on the trading block earlier this season.

i would give them odom but not mihm istead make them take luke.

Now, this is just one of the stupidest things I've ever heard. But naive Laker fans seem to think its a real possibility. So tell me, am I losing it, or is LO for TPrince completely ridiculous?

JordansBulls
12-17-2008, 01:37 PM
It's not ridiculous especially considering that Odom's contract expires. But seriously who will the Pistons have left? I am quite sure they would rather keep Stuckey and Prince over anyone else on the team.

NYKnickFanatic
12-17-2008, 01:40 PM
I love Prince.

Prince > Odom.

PHX-SOXFAN
12-17-2008, 01:41 PM
if the pistons want to create more cap space and get odom's expiring deal, then it is realistic. The part about adding in walton is unrealistic. that would defeat the purpose of creating cap space with his bad deal. Prince has more value than odom, despite lakerfans obsession with overvaluing him. it would be a pure salary dump move, but it's not unrealistic.

KG#1
12-17-2008, 01:45 PM
prince is a very underated player
hes does all the little things and if the pistons gave him up for anything they would miss him more than what they got in return

superkegger
12-17-2008, 01:45 PM
if the pistons want to create more cap space and get odom's expiring deal, then it is realistic. The part about adding in walton is unrealistic. that would defeat the purpose of creating cap space with his bad deal. Prince has more value than odom, despite lakerfans obsession with overvaluing him. it would be a pure salary dump move, but it's not unrealistic.

Prince doesn't even make that much though. 11 million, its a good amount, but compared to his production and value, I'd say thats a pretty good deal. Odom is trash, and if the pistons want to salary dump anybody you'd think it would be Rip. since by the time 2010 rolls around he'll be 30+ years old.

TheHoopsProphet
12-17-2008, 02:07 PM
Laker fans going by one day without having to think of a trade or sign to improve the team, is it completely unrealistic?

MagicBucsSox
12-17-2008, 02:37 PM
um ur losing it, its a great deal prince in a LA native and is the tough defensive presence la needs and couldve used in the finals, plus hes got and little 3ball, odom is in the final year of his deal and would free more cap space with him ai and wallace FA at the years end giving them more cap space to get the guy they want in '10(bosh)

like we're not smarter than dumars he knew the team would sink without billups meaning theyd have a better draft pick a possible lottery so he know what he's doing, i even read rasheed may be traded also to dallas

Lakersho
12-17-2008, 02:40 PM
id do it , but i like odom

Hellcrooner
12-17-2008, 02:45 PM
Ariza is good enougn, i would prefer a PG instead its out weakes position specially in D.

But if we are to take a Sf i would much rather have G Wallace or ShANe BATtIER

lakersrock
12-17-2008, 02:52 PM
Kwame/Prince for Odom is good for both.

The Lakers get the defensive/shooting SF they need and the Pistons get more cap room. They would actually get enough for two max deals in 2010.

MagicBucsSox
12-17-2008, 04:18 PM
kwame? hahaha he got booed everytime he touched the rock,and shane is a tight defender but not as long nor athletic as prince

Skin&Bones
12-17-2008, 04:23 PM
The trades Luke Walton for this and that....God...pipedreams on laker forums.

But seriously on the matter, Odom for Prince is the one to shoot for. Cap Space for Detroit and a legitimate upgrade for the lakers especially on D. And the added part is the 3 Ball from prince.

Cavs_Fan24
12-17-2008, 04:42 PM
I think it is. Prince is a solid, consistent all-around player. The only reason Detroit would consider this is if they want the cap space, but I still don't think Joe Dumars is that stupid.

JJ81
12-17-2008, 05:10 PM
I believe it's a possibility.

x_notorious
12-17-2008, 07:07 PM
I believe it is a possibility. Will it happen? Probably not.

Why it works for the Lakers:

They need a defensive minded SF that can shoot the ball as well. Prince fits both holes and he also has playoff experience which is a plus.

Why it works for the Pistons:

They get a 11.4 million dollar expiring contract. They also get a much more versatile player then Prince. Odom can dribble the ball, pass, and rebound (score on occasion). Seeing how Iverson plays more of a SG, Odom would be their facilitator and look for his teammates rather then being a scoring option..which doesn't work at all for Lamar.

Wilson
12-18-2008, 01:38 PM
Agreed with everyone saying it would only work if the Pistons were looking to burn salary. I'd love to have Prince on our team (or Shane Battier, as someone else said). But there's no chance the Rockets trade Battier to us, and a very slim chance the Pistons will trade Prince.

superkegger
12-18-2008, 01:48 PM
I understand it would be a salary dump, but I guess I'm just not willing to believe they Pistons are going to dump Prince like that. I guess the better question would be then, are the Pistons looking for a salary dump? lol

tonyd3b54
12-18-2008, 01:48 PM
y wouldnt the pistons just keep hamilton prince and stucky then go sign bosh in 2010... theyll have the cap room... this just doesnt make sense... the pistons are not stupid...

G-Funk
12-18-2008, 03:14 PM
Agreed with everyone saying it would only work if the Pistons were looking to burn salary. I'd love to have Prince on our team (or Shane Battier, as someone else said). But there's no chance the Rockets trade Battier to us, and a very slim chance the Pistons will trade Prince.

Yao
Lamar
Artest
T-Mac
Skip

Scola off the bench!

Sounds good for the Rockets... But If Lamar fits like a glove then watch out Lakers.

G-Funk
12-18-2008, 03:15 PM
y wouldnt the pistons just keep hamilton prince and stucky then go sign bosh in 2010... theyll have the cap room... this just doesnt make sense... the pistons are not stupid...

They will be able to afford another star player.

QUICKTRADE
12-18-2008, 03:29 PM
folks its recession time - owners are looking for a lightly competitive team even they wont make the finals as long as they make the playoffs. sure a trade will come if its not Prince for LO then another one. Look what happen to kwame for Pau. if lakers continue to hold unto LO then they will let him walk as they have all the money to sign a better player come next yr.

G-Funk
12-18-2008, 03:40 PM
folks its recession time - owners are looking for a lightly competitive team even they wont make the finals as long as they make the playoffs. sure a trade will come if its not Prince for LO then another one. Look what happen to kwame for Pau. if lakers continue to hold unto LO then they will let him walk as they have all the money to sign a better player come next yr.

Lakers are way over the cap and have to pay luxury tax on top of that, Buss really like's to stay under it but says he is willing to pay a little extra if they can win it all. So it will be better if Lakers trade Lamar Odom if he's not in the Lakers plans after this season for something that they really need(SF or future PG)