PDA

View Full Version : What did you guys think of Dawes burning Pronger last night with that move?

SLY WILLIAMS
12-17-2008, 11:58 AM
That was a heck of a move on a Norris trophy winning dman for the game winning goal

richt128
12-17-2008, 12:17 PM
too bad nigel dosent do it game in and game out.. he has so much talent , i just hope he will show more consistently. but heck yeah that was a great play!!

SLY WILLIAMS
12-17-2008, 12:30 PM
too bad nigel dosent do it game in and game out.. he has so much talent , i just hope he will show more consistently. but heck yeah that was a great play!!

Nigel has done it at every level so I'm hoping he will get better as the years go on. He really hasnt played much more than 1 seasons worth of games (93) in 3 years in the NHL. He also doesnt get any power play time which helps many other players stats.
I think he can be a 20 goal-25 assist guy in the right circumstances. I think he isnt as sharp as last season and that probably has effected his confidence.

Cally has played 10 more games, plays on the first or second line most games and he gets some power play time and he still only has 4 more points than Dawes despite Dawes slow start. Duby only has 1 more goal than Dawes despite all Dubys ice time and power play time.

kenk17
12-17-2008, 01:52 PM
finally.. he showed us why he is in the NHL.. he is almost starting to fall into Prucha's doghouse too.. maybe this will wake him up now and be more consistent..

it was an awesome move though.. couldn't believe it...

SLY WILLIAMS
12-17-2008, 02:21 PM
finally.. he showed us why he is in the NHL.. he is almost starting to fall into Prucha's doghouse too.. maybe this will wake him up now and be more consistent..

it was an awesome move though.. couldn't believe it...

The move was awesome and clutch in itself but on Chris Pronger? Wow! :)

theRANGEREAGLES
12-17-2008, 10:05 PM
top ten play

jetsfan89
12-17-2008, 10:22 PM
Needs more consistency and playing time but yeah ive said it all along, he can be a second line player.

C-Rod
12-17-2008, 10:29 PM
good for Nigel..l agree, with a little more playing time, he could be a solid second-liner..........l would throw Callahan on the third line for a while to see what Nigel could do....

messleetch94
12-18-2008, 09:51 AM
Heck of a move. Especially considering the size difference between the two. Once he flipped it by Pronger, i thought Dawes was going to get taken out of the play. He also made a good play in forcing a turnover against the Kings last night which lead to Drury's goal. He's starting to come around.

messleetch94
12-18-2008, 10:48 AM
dear chris pronger,

in the spirit of the season, i will give you back your skates, even though i faked you out of them in the third period last night.

Happy holidays to you and yours,

nigel dawes

http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/

ha!

SLY WILLIAMS
12-18-2008, 11:19 AM
Dawes did have another strong game yesterday. He had an assist on the first goal, had a great breakout pass on the eventual game winning goal in OT, and ended up a plus 2