PDA

View Full Version : Pro Bowl - Welker and Gostkowski

penuch
12-17-2008, 12:15 AM
Welker was named as a reserve WR
Gostkowski is the AFC place kicker.

Really feel like Welker should have been a starter over B. Marshall but what can you do.

Here are the rest for the AFC and NFC - http://www.nfl.com/probowl/story?id=09000d5d80d60467&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Red_Sox_89
12-17-2008, 12:56 AM
Welker should be a starter over Brandon Marshall, but not Andre Johnson. He is truly a GREAT receiver, and should be in over B-Marsh. I wish we could have more than two people representing us though :(

bagwell368
12-17-2008, 01:00 AM
Jets have six, which is a joke.

But the real crime is Indy getting DL's on the squad over Seymour who has outplayed both of them easily - esp. Freeney who has been unspectacular to say the least.

Backlash against the Pats, and no Brady as well. Friggin the Jets retread QB doesn't deserve to be on, not with those numbers.

KingJamsI
12-17-2008, 02:12 AM
mankins is probably the best guard in the league. he got robbed. seymour should gotten the not too.

Crickr
12-17-2008, 10:57 AM
You have to realize that the Pats are a small marrket in the fan voting and they are not liked /respected by most of the fan base out there so that being said I think that the two who are there Welker and Gos deserve the biggest pat on the back we can give them.

The Intimidator
12-17-2008, 04:42 PM
Congrats to Welker and Gostkowski. Their selections are well deserved. However, the Pats were snubbed here. I'm not really upset about Big Sey 93 not being selected because he has multiple selections, but he really deserved to get in. However, I am very upset that Matt Cassel and Logan Mankins were snubbed. Both Cassel and Phillip Rivers deserved to get in over Favre. Favre may be a legend, but him getting in this year is an absolute joke. He leads the NFL in interceptions, and his team has really been winning in spite of him. Matt Cassel deserved to be there, no question. I hope he gets the nod when Favre backs out, because Favre never makes the trip to Honolulu. Also, like King Jams said, Logan Mankins is one of the best guards in the NFL, and him not getting in is a crime. He is one of the anchors of our O-Line, and one guy who you NEVER see penalized.

futureheisman
12-17-2008, 04:57 PM
congrats to them but Seymour should be joining them

Fribbles
12-17-2008, 05:54 PM
This is why the Pro Bowl sucks in terms of ratings and popularity. Those who get in (Farve) don't deserve to be, and those who deserve to be in (seymour, Cassel, esp. if Farve got in wit those numbers) dont get in.

Why do you think the NFL is changin the time that they play the Pro Bowl from the very last game to SB weekend

The Intimidator
12-17-2008, 06:52 PM
congrats to them but Seymour should be joining them

The guy you thought the Pats should release in the offseason? :speechless:

bagwell368
12-17-2008, 07:52 PM
The guy you thought the Pats should release in the offseason? :speechless:

Seymour has to be classified as a very great player when healthy, and less then then that when not. That's kind of a duh statement - but I'm not talking games he has missed. I'm also talking games he hasn't been in the top 10% of the NFL due to injuries he plays through.

At his age, giving him a 5 year deal for $50M with a $25M signing bonus, isn't very good business.

Options:

1. sign and pray
2. franchise him (if he has one great year left, odds are it would during the 2010 season as he plays for his last contract). Plus it will offset his contract from Wilfork and Green somewhat. I can promise he would never come back for 2011 if we did that.
3. deal him - tough with the cap, and his salary slot. Could just be for '09, or we sign him, then deal him.
4. let him walk (highly unlikely)

it's a business. if Welker, Hannah, and all the rest want to bleed for the Pats, that's great, but Kraft and BB will not do one thing out of sentiment - now or ever, unless it costs them nothing.

The Intimidator
12-17-2008, 08:52 PM
Seymour has to be classified as a very great player when healthy, and less then then that when not. That's kind of a duh statement - but I'm not talking games he has missed. I'm also talking games he hasn't been in the top 10% of the NFL due to injuries he plays through.

At his age, giving him a 5 year deal for $50M with a $25M signing bonus, isn't very good business.

Options:

1. sign and pray
2. franchise him (if he has one great year left, odds are it would during the 2010 season as he plays for his last contract). Plus it will offset his contract from Wilfork and Green somewhat. I can promise he would never come back for 2011 if we did that.
3. deal him - tough with the cap, and his salary slot. Could just be for '09, or we sign him, then deal him.
4. let him walk (highly unlikely)

it's a business. if Welker, Hannah, and all the rest want to bleed for the Pats, that's great, but Kraft and BB will not do one thing out of sentiment - now or ever, unless it costs them nothing.

Obviously, it's too early to tell, but I would think that option number 2 is your best bet. Although, Seymour has been franchised in the past and that caused him to hold out during training camp, so then again the Patriots may not do that. I do think that Seymour is a Patriot for life, though. That may mean that they sign him to a couple of short 1 or 2 year deals, or that they sign him to a long-term deal that they end up regretting in the late years. Either way, I don't think the Pats let him walk.