PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Draft

LD V2.0
12-16-2008, 03:55 PM
Its early but who cares? Here's an early lotto mock by ESPN: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/lottery2009/mockdraft

Hasheem Thabeet now at #2? The fact that he's been willing to wait a few years is meaning the difference between late lotto and possibly the #1 pick.

Wake's Fastball
12-16-2008, 04:00 PM
This year's draft class is absolutely terrible depthwise. Thabeet's waiting has certainly helped, but he's also helped by the fact that there's just nobody likely to come out of high caliber beyond him, Griffin and Harden. Stephen Curry could legitmately be a top-10 pick if that gives some indication.

Draco
12-16-2008, 04:03 PM
It's the braids.

torontosports10
12-16-2008, 05:09 PM
Beyong Griffen,Harden,Rubio,Jennings i dont seem much. Thabett is alright but in a "stong" draft year he would be late teens.

superkegger
12-16-2008, 05:42 PM
I used to in the past be all over this kind of stuff, but with kids having to do a years service in college, guys like rose, who had he come straight outta highschool, would have been a lotto pick probably, but never the #1 pick, his play in college and especially in the tourney really boosted him to the #1 spot. So I only really check these out until we get later into february.

cambovenzi
12-16-2008, 06:29 PM
i need to watch some more basketball.
havent heard of half these guys..

theuuord
12-16-2008, 06:51 PM
DeRozan's stock has been falling but with a late resurgence will probably jump back into the top 5.
Mullens seems destined to fall out of the lottery if he keeps playing as badly as he does. If I were him I'd wait at least one more year before heading into the draft, unless he completely turns it around.

hotpotato1092
12-16-2008, 06:55 PM
DeRozan reminds me a lot of OJ Mayo last year, slow start but a strong finish could bring him back into the top 5. I think he'll be a solid NBA player though, not as good as Mayo but solid

SensandRaps
12-16-2008, 08:09 PM
imo the top 5 in the mock are worth losing for to get one of them after that they are horrible depth wise and wont be nba ready for a while

Hawkeye15
12-16-2008, 08:52 PM
DeRozan reminds me a lot of OJ Mayo last year, slow start but a strong finish could bring him back into the top 5. I think he'll be a solid NBA player though, not as good as Mayo but solid

Derozan is much bigger, and much younger than Mayo was. Mayo is already 21. Derozan is 19. Mayo is a pure shooter, and nothing else, even though he is pretty sweet at that. Derozan is more a poor mans Vince potentially

Kyben36
12-16-2008, 09:14 PM
BJ Mullins at 10. Please Bulls make a move for this guy. He is Young, Athletic and would be a real Big man for years to come. He would be a Legit C and a nice Young guy to put next to Rose.

jmoney23
12-16-2008, 09:30 PM
BJ Mullins definitely needs to stay in school, I saw him play against Butler (my school) and he didn't look as good as Kosta Kofous did against us last year. Blake Griffin should be the #1 pick, and if Thunder can win the lottery, Westbrook, Green, Durant, and Griffin will be a nice core for years to come. I think Ricky Rubio will be a top 5 pick if he comes out this year...James Harden looks really good as well, possible top 5 pick. I hope DeRozan slides to where the Raps pick, although I don't think he will. Thabeet has looked like a beast this year, but his offensive game is still raw. Curry shoots the lights out and I think he will be solid in the NBA despite what people on ESPN say...Oh, and I wonder if Brandon Jennings is going to come out this year...although he hasn't been that impressive in Europe, apparently he isn't even the first G off the bench...

JermanJaysFan
12-16-2008, 09:32 PM
The only guy I am really, really excited about is Rubio. I mean, Griffin is gonna be great, but it sounds like Rubio could be unreal, and I can't wait to see it with my own eyes.

Lebron23
12-17-2008, 01:21 AM
I think James Harden will be the best player in this draft class. Minnesota better draft this kid next year, and he's going to be the perfect sidekick of Al Jefferson because he's one of the best scorer in the NCAA.

RocketsRule
12-17-2008, 01:40 AM
The Kings would be scary with Jennings, IMO.

Future starting five:
PG: Brandon Jennings
SG: Kevin Martin
SF: Fransisco Garcia/Donte Green
PF: Jason Thompson
C: Spencer Hawes

Very solid, young lineup.

Mauersota
12-17-2008, 01:48 AM
I think James Harden will be the best player in this draft class. Minnesota better draft this kid next year, and he's going to be the perfect sidekick of Al Jefferson because he's one of the best scorer in the NCAA.

As a wolves fan I am pulling for Harden more and more. So I agree he would be a great fit in MN even if Ford doesn't think so.

superkegger
12-17-2008, 02:14 AM
If you're speaking of Chad Ford, then who cares what he thinks, that man is a no talent waste of space. He is the epitome of why I hate espn.com

theuuord
12-17-2008, 03:32 AM
If you're speaking of Chad Ford, then who cares what he thinks, that man is a no talent waste of space. He is the epitome of why I hate espn.com

Ford isn't a genius but there are a lot of guys worse than him on ESPN.

GunFactor187
12-17-2008, 11:52 AM
Where do you guys see Tyler Hansborough in the draft, if he decides to enter?

dirk206
12-17-2008, 12:22 PM
^He has to enter, he's a senior. i see him in mid-late 1st round honestly. Also another guy who I think is going to be one and done is Tyreke Evans, where do you guys think he will go?

jmoney23
12-17-2008, 01:33 PM
^I think Tyreke Evans will probably go somewhere between 18-25, I think he should stay in school next year...him, Xavier Henry (#1 recruit in 2009 class), and possibly John Wall, they could be a final 4 team in Memphis. Depending on who declares, there are probably 3-5 one and dones who would go before him...(DeRozan, Jrue Holiday, Mullins, the guy from Wake Forest)

superkegger
12-17-2008, 01:40 PM
Where do you guys see Tyler Hansborough in the draft, if he decides to enter?

He's a senior...

^He has to enter, he's a senior. i see him in mid-late 1st round honestly. Also another guy who I think is going to be one and done is Tyreke Evans, where do you guys think he will go?

Don't know about Evans, but I think Hansborough will go higher than the late 1st. He's had exposure since he was a Freshman, and He'll probably look pretty good this year. I see him going either at the end of the lottery or just outside of it. I don't think hes that good, I think the lack of depth in this draft and his overall perfromance in college will make somebody take him.

chicagowhitesox
12-17-2008, 02:46 PM
maybe the bulls can land bj mullens if he falls really far