PDA

View Full Version : Please, Cavs don't do this!

JayW_1023
12-16-2008, 11:05 AM
http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/81639-cavs-heat-discussing-marion-trade?eref=fromSI

It's not worth giving up much needed size and rebounding for Marion. Varejao may be just a role player but he has been invaluable. I'm a big supporter of 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it'. The Cavs have great chemistry now and it's not worth adding 17 million on your cap space. Especially if the Cavs want to resign LeBron in 2010.

That aside, this will not make the Cavs a better team. I guarantee that. It would really ruin a great team foundation adding Marion. His griping for PT and his refusal to be a part time peformer will not mesh well. You are 20-4, Ferry...lay off the trade trigger willya?

PippensBulls
12-16-2008, 11:12 AM
They'll have to go small and put either James or Marion at the PF spot, or Marion has to come off the bench. And I'm not sure if he'll like that.

JordansBulls
12-16-2008, 11:18 AM
Lebron having Marion would make Marion a better player and great player again.

NYKnickFanatic
12-16-2008, 11:26 AM
http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/81639-cavs-heat-discussing-marion-trade?eref=fromSI

It's not worth giving up much needed size and rebounding for Marion. Varejao may be just a role player but he has been invaluable. I'm a big supporter of 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it'. The Cavs have great chemistry now and it's not worth adding 17 million on your cap space. Especially if the Cavs want to resign LeBron in 2010.
That aside, this will not make the Cavs a better team. I guarantee that. It would really ruin a great team foundation adding Marion. His griping for PT and his refusal to be a part time peformer will not mesh well. You are 20-4, Ferry...lay off the trade trigger willya?

Marion expires this year, so it wouldnt disturb trying to resign LeBron...

JayW_1023
12-16-2008, 11:33 AM
Marion expires this year, so it wouldnt disturb trying to resign LeBron...

True but it's still not worth it...because Marion is gonna want money too after this season...if they sign him they will have to let him go anyway to clear room to resign LBJ.

That's not worth trading away two valuable roleplayers who fulfill two specific needs very well. The Cavs are 20-4 and it's not worth screwing with the chemistry they have now.

You just don't mess with that. Talent only gets you so far...chemistry is more important. The Spurs for example have kept their core intact for more than half a decade...and that breeds consistency. Sometimes the best moves are the ones you don't make.

HOZ THE KNICK
12-16-2008, 11:37 AM
cavs big 3 lebron, marion, williams not bad for a title push.

Frrrrank!!!
12-16-2008, 11:38 AM
True but it's still not worth it...because Marion is gonna want money too after this season...if they sign him they will have to let him go anyway to clear room to resign LBJ.

That's not worth trading away two valuable roleplayers who fulfill two specific needs very well. The Cavs are 20-4 and it's not worth screwing with the chemistry they have now.

You just don't mess with that. Talent only gets you so far...chemistry is more important. The Spurs for example have kept their core intact for more than half a decade...and that breeds consistency. Sometimes the best moves are the ones you don't make.

I agree with the if it aint broke saying. Maybe if they stumble a bit before the deadline then do it. But at 20-4, do they really think they should mess that up?

JayW_1023
12-16-2008, 11:57 AM
cavs big 3 lebron, marion, williams not bad for a title push.

Great teams need great role players...not just a big three, four or twelve...or whatever. Every team needs a shooter like Wally or a hustling energy guy like Varejao.

Big Z is already a more than valuable third option and having one of his best overall seasons. And unlike Marion this season he is pretty consistent and efficient as well...did I mention 7'3?

The Cavs don't NEED Marion. They are already good.

rhino17
12-16-2008, 12:00 PM
I would NOT do that trade if I was the Cavs.

Marion simply is not that good. He isnt worth givin up Varejao. If they still had Gooden I might consider it, but definitely not now.

DreamShaker
12-16-2008, 12:05 PM
Don't they have a small forward that's pretty good?

Gibby23
12-16-2008, 12:09 PM
Lebron having Marion would make Marion a better player and great player again.
Not really. He needs a guy like Nash. He is playing with Wade right now and Wade gets more assists than James, but Marion is not playing that good..

IRUAM #21
12-16-2008, 12:18 PM
Omg Miami do this trade before Marion's stock drops even more

recyclow
12-16-2008, 12:28 PM
Why would Miami do this trade? Wally is a free agent next year and Varejao is a taller Haslem. This does not make Miami any better.

Lebron23
12-16-2008, 12:34 PM
Shawn Marion is a shadow of his former self this year, and like Nash he's also a product of the D'Antoni System.

I rather have Gerald Wallace or Lamar Odom over Shawn Marion.

LA_Raiders
12-16-2008, 12:41 PM
'if it ain't broke, don't fix it' with that mentality Cavs ain't going no where...

'if it ain't broke, Improve it'. Cavs are thinking big here, they need someone to defend the Cs (Pierce, KG, Even Rondo), Marion can defend those 3 all day...

Kobe vs LeBroom in the Finals...

kingjames5
12-16-2008, 12:41 PM
just shut up. thats the same thing they said about the blockbuster trade that brought wallace and west for hughes and gooden. and they questioned the williams trade when we gave awat joe smith. i think the guy knows what he is doin!!!!!!!!!!!

Pierzynski4Prez
12-16-2008, 12:50 PM
Trading for Marion would not hurt the Cavs chances of re-signing Lebron. Teams can always re-sign players even if it takes them over the cap.

They can't however sign Free Agents though if they are over the cap, so this would hurt their chances of possibly signing somebody else to go along with Lebron.

NYKnickFanatic
12-16-2008, 01:04 PM

Im not saying they should do the trade or do I agree.
But Im saying it wont interfere with re-signing LBJ.

IRUAM #21
12-16-2008, 01:21 PM
If Cleveland does this im guessing Lebron moves to sg and West comes off the bench

king4day
12-16-2008, 01:35 PM
I read somewhere that after this year they'd look to deal Andy anyway.
They are gonna try to do whatever is necessary to keep Lebron. There's no way they don't do this trade. LBJ would love working with Marion and vise versa.

nygiants242
12-16-2008, 01:46 PM
Wow not happening, IMO

Master Mind
12-16-2008, 04:57 PM
The Cavs can keep their trash