PDA

View Full Version : Grizzlies vs Blazers

Hellcrooner
12-16-2008, 04:46 AM
I wonder why verybody is so sure about the Blazers being a juggernaut in a year or two and no one credits Grizzlies the same way.

Lets Check.....

Blake is EVEN with Lowry but Lowry has a BETTE upside.

Roy is a bit better than Mayo, but roy is NOW what he will be the rest of his career Mayo can only get better.

Outlow is not better than Gay, im not a friend of BAllhog Rudy Gay but he is better roundedn than Outlow.

Aldrige vs Darko, ok hughe win for Blazers, but guess who will have a draft chance to get THAT power foward in NEXT years draft....

Prizybila vs Marc Huhge win for Grizzlies here.

Conley vs Bayless, Jared has not even playd more than 10 minutes in a game.

Rudy vs Jaric, ok Hands down to portland.

Webster vs Ross...is he really recovering from the injury? Ross has better D.

Arthur vs Frye, Arthur displays an energy frye wont ever even dream about.

Oden vs Milicic...Battle of the busts!!!

so.......think it over!!!

Ansy
12-16-2008, 06:09 AM
The Blazers received a lot of pre-season hype because they went .500 last year and had Oden and Rudy (Both would have been top 5 picks in last year's draft) coming to join the party.

The Grizzlies are losing now and we don't know who they have to come join them later. I guess you can go around making claims about certain matchups but I'll let the Griz win some games before I go and anoint them Portland's equal.

At the end of the day these matchup rundowns are nothing but talk. The Blazers earned their way into the mouths of pundits by having a successful season last year and getting off to a hot start this year. The Griz need to do something in the W column before they deserve the same respect.

Ansy
12-16-2008, 06:25 AM

Ha! I didn't see this gem until now.

Oden could never improve in any aspect of the game and he would have a long, successful NBA career. Since he's 20, I'm going to assume he'll improve.

hyphy king 88
12-16-2008, 06:43 AM
They are pretty close talent wise imo.

innovator
12-16-2008, 08:08 AM
im not saying that I like the blazers more actually i like the grizzlies better but the blazers >>>> grizzlies

Blake is EVEN with Lowry but Lowry has a BETTE upside.
blake is better than lowry, lowry is now in his 3rd year but he has yet to impress me.

Roy is a bit better than Mayo, but roy is NOW what he will be the rest of his career Mayo can only get better.
first of all Mayo is one of my favorite players(check my avatar) and I agree that roy is a bit better and mayo can still improve BUT what i dont agree with is Roy now is what he will be the rest of his career because brandon roy is still young and he is still recovering from the surgery he had in the offseason.

Outlow is not better than Gay, im not a friend of BAllhog Rudy Gay but he is better roundedn than Outlow.
i agree with you here but outlaw is an athletic freak and he can be good when he wants to, i think that outlaw is one of the most underated players in the league

Aldrige vs Darko, ok hughe win for Blazers, but guess who will have a draft chance to get THAT power foward in NEXT years draft....
thunder?wizards?wolves?bobcats?

Prizybila vs Marc Huhge win for Grizzlies here.
okay please stop loving spanish players so much cuz its not funny. how can it be a huge win if its not even a sure win by gasol in the first place. gasol is only better offensively but the rest pryzbilla owns. btw przybilla is shooting 80% i know he doesnt take too many shots but thats still 80%

Conley vs Bayless, Jared has not even playd more than 10 minutes in a game.
maybe thats because he doesnt deserve it! yah think?

Rudy vs Jaric, ok Hands down to portland.
yes hands down

Webster vs Ross...is he really recovering from the injury? Ross has better D.
no comment

Arthur vs Frye, Arthur displays an energy frye wont ever even dream about.
frye had a nice rookie year but thats it

weh its still too early to tell if oden is a bust. but he is already averaging better rookie stats than darko in his rookie year

so.......think it over!!!
i have... grizzlies will be good in the future but blazers would be better

SteveNash
12-16-2008, 08:24 AM
The Grizzlies have been playing much better since Darko moved to the starting lineup.

5-1 since he got reinserted into the starting lineup.

Hopefully Ivaroni is smart enough to keep the bust Marc Gasol on the bench, because we all know he can't play any defense and gets murdered by anyone he guards. Oden could probably get 50 on him.

It's pretty simple, the more Darko plays, the less Marc plays. When Marc plays under 24 minutes, the Grizzlies are 5-0. We need to tell Ivaroni these stats, and if we do the Grizzlies should be better than the Blazers this year. Unless someone tells Nate McMillan that the Blazers are 10-1 when Rudy Fernandez plays 27 minutes or less.

innovator
12-16-2008, 08:34 AM
^yeah agree rudy fernandez and marc gasol are cancer on the court

Faneik
12-16-2008, 10:54 AM
^^^

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

JayW_1023
12-16-2008, 11:39 AM
Marc Gasol isn't playing better than Przybilla actually. Joel has had to split time with Oden and he has been an absolute rock for Portland this season. He is hustling, rebounding and controlling the paint with courage. He has been a helluva alot more consistent than both Darko and Marc Gasol for their teams.

He is averaging 7.8 boards in just 22 minutes. He is shooting a blistering 81 percent from the field. Sure he has more scorers around him and less defensive attention than Marc...but he has been no slouch.

You compare teams on individual matchups and have no regard for intangibles as coaching, team chemistry, collective hustle and basketball IQ. Not much credibility in your argument.