PDA

View Full Version : Sean Of An Old Era?

hanny73
12-15-2008, 05:40 PM
From the Toronto Sun.....

SEAN OF AN OLD ERA?

It's decision time for the Stars. Sean Avery served the last of his six-game suspension last night for his "sloppy seconds" comment. Sources insist there's little chance he'll play with Dallas again. While Avery needs time to deal with his anger management issues, there are whispers the Stars have held talks with the Rangers about shipping him back to New York for defenceman Michal Roszival. The belief is the Rangers would then assign Avery and his salary to their AHL affiliate in Hartford until he's ready to play in the NHL. That would be a big commitment as Avery signed a four-year deal worth $3.875 million per season last summer.

sportsfan147
12-15-2008, 07:34 PM
Lets say this did happen would Avery be counted on the cap if he is sent down to Hartford. Because if it doesn't count against the cap the Rangers would have cap space for Sundin (assuming Rozival is traded in the Avery deal) then make another trade afterwards if they wanted to bring Avery up to the Rangers. I know i am getting ahead of myself i am just curious if this is a possible scenario.

YankeeFanAlways
12-16-2008, 09:25 PM
From the Toronto Sun.....

SEAN OF AN OLD ERA?

It's decision time for the Stars. Sean Avery served the last of his six-game suspension last night for his "sloppy seconds" comment. Sources insist there's little chance he'll play with Dallas again. While Avery needs time to deal with his anger management issues, there are whispers the Stars have held talks with the Rangers about shipping him back to New York for defenceman Michal Roszival. The belief is the Rangers would then assign Avery and his salary to their AHL affiliate in Hartford until he's ready to play in the NHL. That would be a big commitment as Avery signed a four-year deal worth $3.875 million per season last summer.

Let me preface this by saying how much I loved Sean on the Rangers last year. His 'on-ice attitude' was a great. But the more I read and hear about how disruptive he was in the Ranger locker room, and how many players disliked him, I'm inclined to pass on him. Not to mention how distasteful his recent comments were.

rocowear21
12-17-2008, 03:01 AM
yeah i really dont believe he is worth that risk. I really dont want him around our young players like zherdev and so on. i would like to see them trade rosy to a team for a few defensemen