PDA

View Full Version : Durant....

DreamShaker
12-14-2008, 10:43 PM
I have been looking at his boxscores lately and it seems as if the move to SF has been helping....he's rebounding more and shooting a higher percentage....has anyone else noticed this?? And has anyone who has seen the Thunder play have any thoughts on Durant this season???

Ryan328
12-14-2008, 10:56 PM
I haven't seen Oklahoma City much, but, Durant has been playing better since the move to SF. His points per game have been up as well as rebounds. Dropped 28 and 13 on the Spurs tonight, granted it was another OKC loss.

yoloboy87
12-14-2008, 11:00 PM
the who?

phils07
12-14-2008, 11:07 PM
ive been watching durant. hes playing absolutely amazing. hes really building on the last 2 months of last season.

for the first month he didnt really get steals and blocks, and now hes rocking them. and hes hitting threes now shooting great percentages. the kids looking like a real superstar. and hes only 20 years old and weighs 137 pounds. great times.

dre1990
12-14-2008, 11:07 PM
he's doing great. he just doesnt get the props cause hes on the worst nba team of all-time

S.J.Basketball
12-14-2008, 11:58 PM
Durant is playing and shooting much better this year, but his team is GOD AWFUL.

GCOOKIE7
12-15-2008, 12:43 AM
ya i have him on my fantasy roster and he's been playing great lately. He's been getting some blocks and steals, along with the points and rebounds.

superkegger
12-15-2008, 12:54 AM
I wonder if the coaching change is part of it....

richardle9
12-15-2008, 12:54 AM
he is going to be a GREAT player

Hawkeye15
12-15-2008, 01:10 AM
Durant will be a top scorer in the NBA for many years. He can't defend, but as he matures, he will be able to rebound a bit, and become a fixture on the all star team most likely. I forsee 26/7 seasons for a few years

Joshtd1
12-15-2008, 01:54 AM
He is a ballhog..I was at the game tonight and he forced a lot of bad shots.

I was with a friend who doesnt even like the Spurs, but even he said Durant was a ballhog..

superkegger
12-15-2008, 01:58 AM

I was with a friend who doesnt even like the Spurs, but even he said Durant was a ballhog..

who would you rather take the shots right now? Nick Collison?

Edit: and Josh dont maker up stories, you don't ahve fiends. (except my mom) :p

Joshtd1
12-15-2008, 02:02 AM
Its more his shot selection if anything. I know he is their franchise player or whatever, but he just needs to take smarter shots. Jeff Green is a stud as well.

superkegger
12-15-2008, 02:06 AM
Its more his shot selection if anything. I know he is their franchise player or whatever, but he just needs to take smarter shots. Jeff Green is a stud as well.

I think it should be noted who edited my last post. :pity: abuse of powers. :pity:

But while i agree he needs a better shot selection, he's pretty much got the green light right now. And the few times i've seen them play, I also was impressed with Green. He's a baller.

barreleffact
12-15-2008, 02:55 AM
durant is a beast and he is shooting 50% from deep. that's amazing. i wasnt sold on him until recently but he definately has borderline superstar potential. i say borderline because a seasoned vet like kobe, MJ, Paul, Lebron...and legit superstar would take his team and make it somewhat respectable. but they seem complacent to just lose until they get 5 overall number 1 picks

BRADfromOZ
12-15-2008, 03:39 AM
Yeah, the move to 3 has done him the world of good.

Highlight
12-15-2008, 04:00 AM
I think the biggest knock on Durant has been his FG%. It seems this move to the 3 has helped him quite a bit. I also think Russel Westbrook starting has helped improve his game as well. I think it was a smart move to start Russel now. He's been playing like a stud as well.

still1ballin
12-17-2008, 11:59 PM
Yeah, the move to 3 has done him the world of good.

That sig is sick man! Where did you get it!??!:drool:

td0tsfinest
12-18-2008, 12:28 AM
People will say what do you expect when your the best player on a crappy team. You have to give him credit, his game has gotten better; shooting higher percentage, rebounding. But you wonder how well he will play if he was on a legit team.

LA_Raiders
12-18-2008, 01:03 AM
I feel sorry for the guy he is soft as ****....

Well, What can u espect from a UT???......

S.J.Basketball
12-18-2008, 05:22 AM

Jeff Green is NOT a stud. He just happens to be the 2nd best scorer on a crap team. Durants situation reminds me of Kobe's except way more extreme.

Durant is a great player but no where near Kobe(he may never get to that point) and he's trying to lead a terrible and talentless team to a winning season which we have seen before is close to impossible for one great player to do so he takes shots because who is really gonna reward him with an assist if he dishes it off to someone else?

More than likely...no one.

codes238
12-18-2008, 06:26 AM
I have been looking at his boxscores lately and it seems as if the move to SF has been helping....he's rebounding more and shooting a higher percentage....has anyone else noticed this?? And has anyone who has seen the Thunder play have any thoughts on Durant this season???

i agree, since playing at SF he has absolutely killed it... him and jeff green are gonna be a scary scary duo in a couple of years...

codes238
12-18-2008, 06:31 AM
Jeff Green is NOT a stud. He just happens to be the 2nd best scorer on a crap team. Durants situation reminds me of Kobe's except way more extreme.

Durant is a great player but no where near Kobe(he may never get to that point) and he's trying to lead a terrible and talentless team to a winning season which we have seen before is close to impossible for one great player to do so he takes shots because who is really gonna reward him with an assist if he dishes it off to someone else?

More than likely...no one.

you obviously havent seen more than 2 thunder basketball games this season because jeff green will be an absolute stud! reading boxscores and espn isnt the same as watching the actual games...

ps. durant is as good or better than kobe was when he just turned 20 like durant just did... he'll be a very different player than kobe so i dont know why youre using him as a comparison but nothing about his play so far indicates that he doesnt have a chance of surpassing bryant...

tmacsc2
12-18-2008, 08:50 AM
he would be my next favorite player after t-mac but i despise the thunder cause i watched the sonics my whole life.....and just makes me mad. but this guy reminds me of t-mac a bunch.....w/out the injuries

Iodine
12-18-2008, 09:47 AM

This
He has all the talent in the world but dosnt use it and his mentality is fail

weebs
12-18-2008, 12:15 PM
durant is more like rashard lewis than anyone else. but he continues to improve and will eventually be a dominique wilkins type scorer.

dirk206
12-18-2008, 12:30 PM
You can say all you want about his FG%, but the man is 20 years old carrying a pretty talentless team on his back. He's going to have to take a lot of shots because their's very few players on the team who have his kind of talent and can even create their own shot (so yeah he will take a few bad shots). Jeff green is going to be a very good player in a few years but I'm just not sure if he really is a 4, though he could become a Antawn Jamison clone (which I hope he does), an undersized 4 who can ball it up. Russell Westbrook is another player who will be very good in a few years.

Chronz
12-19-2008, 03:50 AM
I think people are overstating the switch to the 3, atleast as of now. Im pretty sure the difference in whos guarding him hasnt changed much, maybe hes just playing better. I need a larger sample to decide, and hasnt he been playing with primarily the same lineups or has his role in the offense changed from the wing to the immediate basket area?

innovator
12-19-2008, 03:59 AM
you obviously havent seen more than 2 thunder basketball games this season because jeff green will be an absolute stud! reading boxscores and espn isnt the same as watching the actual games...

ps. durant is as good or better than kobe was when he just turned 20 like durant just did... he'll be a very different player than kobe so i dont know why youre using him as a comparison but nothing about his play so far indicates that he doesnt have a chance of surpassing bryant...

1. kobe is the 14th pick, durant is the 1st pick obviously durant has more hype so he gets more playing time.
2. kobe had shaq,eddie jones and nick van exel( 3 all-stars)
3. lakers = playoff team. thunder = worst team

if durant started his career playing with the most dominant C in nba history and 2 allstars then he wouldnt be averaging as much. but if kobe started his career with a team like the thunder then kobe would have done better than durant

phils07
12-19-2008, 05:07 AM
1. kobe is the 14th pick, durant is the 1st pick obviously durant has more hype so he gets more playing time.
2. kobe had shaq,eddie jones and nick van exel( 3 all-stars)
3. lakers = playoff team. thunder = worst team

if durant started his career playing with the most dominant C in nba history and 2 allstars then he wouldnt be averaging as much. but if kobe started his career with a team like the thunder then kobe would have done better than durant

OK. false. false. and some more falacy. not that much falacy but still a good deal.

Durant was the second overall pick. Kobe had A LOT OF HYPE. just because he wasnt picked number one doesnt mean he wasnt hyped. they traded Vlade for him. its not like kobe was viewed as hit or miss. he was just a high schooler coming out in a time where KG was the only most recent example of a guy who came out. kobe wouldnt be doing much better than durant scoring wise. he is a much much better distributor and defender. so yes, i guess he would have been a LITTLE better, but the thunder with a young kobe would still ****ing suck.

I see that ur comparing who was once considered the best current player (which is now Lebron james, get over it people) to durant. i dont get it, but ill take it. durant has the chance to be a much more efficient scorer than kobe. yes, i said it. usually when ur a chucker on a bad team, ur Field Goal percentages suck. his percentages are amazing. and hes scoring 23 points per. so as scorer, Durant could be better than kobe in a couple years. but until the thunder get better, which wont be for a while, we wont really see how well rounded his game can get. he wont be able to get that many dimes (plus i dont think he will get more than 3 in his prime anyway. this is where i think the durant and Tmac comparisons end cuz tmac always got around 5+.) the thunder as a team is just too bad to judge durant on defense yet. even if he became an MJ like defender, they would still not win more than 11 games. so until they sign someone coupled with the core of westbrook/durant/green maturation, dont judge him on his all around game. even tho he is gona get some blocks and steals, hes still not a good defender. it definitely bodes well in the future, but still not that the best barometer. plus his rebounding has gone up a little. all good things, but mostly good for the future.

i think Durants potential is below Kobes level simply because of the status of his team and the quality of his defense. but i think he will be a better scorer simply because he is a better shooter and still gets to the line. those are two vital assets.

S.J.Basketball
12-19-2008, 05:30 AM

I'm talking in terms of being the only legit ball player who can hold his own and being stuck with a crap team. Kobe had a starting line up of Luke, Kwame Brown, and Smush Parker at one point and he had to DRAG them in the playoffs by basically taking all the shots and being the man.

A situation which is SIMILAR to Durant's right now, but in Durants case it's more extreme. He's the man and no one on his team can do crap which is why he takes a lot of shots. Durant is only in his second year and can't lead his team or take over games the way Kobe did. All I was saying. Wasn't comparing play styles...just the situations.

And again I'm entitled to my opinion and I don't think Green is a stud. So there.