PDA

View Full Version : Josh Howard Trade? No

thedfactor
12-14-2008, 04:08 PM
Any speculation about Josh Howard being out for so long needs to be for the best interest in his health and the healing of his swollen ankle. Sitting out for possible trade reasons? Please no. Several rumors have the Mavericks possibly moving Howard, perhaps for the disgruntled Corey Maggette who has lost favor with Golden State and vice versa. Bad move for the Mavs. Working a deal with Stackhouse's expiring and another small piece to make contracts work, thats the better deal. Losing a SF would hurt just as much as a lack of SG has. Unless we can entertain the Warriors in a StackPack stay away.

Kidd/Maggette/Howard/Dirk/Damp....thats what we want

GSRaider
12-14-2008, 05:36 PM
love josh howards game! he's a baller! josh would love the bay area :smoking:

josh howard > corey spaghetti

Spurred1
12-14-2008, 05:56 PM
Maggette hogs the ball and has a hideous contract. Only if the Mavs can fleece the Warriors with Stack and scraps(not Bass or Barea,please) would this even be a thinkable idea. Howard has his faults but he's much better than Maggette. Won't the Mavs really be out of the 2010 free agent bidding though if they do this?

thedfactor
12-14-2008, 08:02 PM
There was an article about Don Nelson being of Stackhouse, not just as a player but possibly an assistant coach later. As far as the 2010 cap space this would take a hit but they do have more contracts coming off the books when that times comes. However, a deal for Maggette which only involves Stack and smaller pieces (Bass and Barea aren't small) puts the Mavericks into legit title talk...making 2010 summer more of an after thought.

#1Mavericksfan
12-15-2008, 12:24 AM
No to Maggette....he is injury prone and has a huge contract and also a ball hog.

mrgerbik
12-15-2008, 12:24 PM
No to Maggette....he is injury prone and has a huge contract and also a ball hog.

He does get injured but is it really much more than JHO?

Anyway, I think he may be a ball hog at times and on previous teams but, no one in their right mind comes here and takes Dirks touches away. That said I don't think he's crazy, I'm sure lots of players MAgg included would come here and take a slightly lesser role for a larger purpose, to win.

Not giving up JHo for him, but I would love to have him!

Pitfall
12-17-2008, 09:39 PM
Howard having a pretty good night so far.