PDA

View Full Version : New All-Stars this year..

Mr.3XP3RT
12-14-2008, 04:04 AM
were gonna see alot of new faces in this years all-star game...and some players i want mention is danny granger who has been playing superb for the pacers this year.stephen jackson another player who has stepped up for warriors offense bigtime.Pau Gasol who has been the most cosistent player for the lakers this year,has stepped up his mid-range jumpshot's and he's rebounding consistency is up,he deserves a spot in the all-star game this year no doubt,alo Al Jefferson another player who is playing great for the Wolves,outstanding.and in this player's situation we dont even have to talk about it he's no boubt a all-star caliber type of player.jason terry is another player who has been playing verry good for the mavs this year.

superkegger
12-14-2008, 04:06 AM
i believe pau's been an allstar before....

granger should make it in some capacity....but al jefferson and terry wont

SouljahPhil...
12-14-2008, 04:30 AM
granger....

YI??? haha..he's 3rd in voting for forwards in the east I think..

Mr.3XP3RT
12-14-2008, 04:37 AM
haha you have made my day souljaphill,thnx for the laughs.let andrew bynum mature into his mid 24's, boy his going to be unstopable once he gets the hang of the foot work inside the paint.pau gasol is one of the most smartest players u'll find he can find ways to score like he did vs dwight last season put dwight in foul trouble part of his plan.pau gasol is way better this yr than last yr.plus lakers might have a rising underated star in trevor ariza he still young and fresh to the league ,he can mature a mid range jumper and can better his free thrrow percentage he'll be something special.

DET UNIT
12-14-2008, 04:45 AM
D wade

Mckphins
12-14-2008, 05:02 AM
D wade

ahhh it says new all stars dude

Lakergirl24
12-14-2008, 12:17 PM
what about josh smith

jasondrobinson
12-14-2008, 12:26 PM
devin harris, i thought that team would be last in the east

Hawkeye15
12-14-2008, 12:28 PM
The Wolves are 4-18. Unless they win a bunch of games here soon, AJ will be watching from home again, and I have no problem with that as a Wolves fan.

JackB
12-14-2008, 12:44 PM
Does it really matter? Its a popularity contest. The best players don't always make the team. Plus the only part of the ASG is the three point and dunk contests. The game is a waste of time. The fans shouldn't be allowed to vote in the players. In any sport. oo many deserving players don't make it because people sit on their computers and vote doszens of times for their favs.Guys like Shaq and Duncan continue to make the team when they haven't been true all stars in years.Taking the vote away may not be popular with most of you but thats my opinion and I stand by it.

_Sn1P3r_
12-14-2008, 01:02 PM
granger....

YI??? haha..he's 3rd in voting for forwards in the east I think..

Yup, he is.. sadly.

HOZ THE KNICK
12-14-2008, 01:16 PM
david lee dosen't make it as a reserve he got robbed

torontosports10
12-14-2008, 01:37 PM
really,

Lebron,Bosh,Garnett,Granger,Pierce,J Smooth,Butler,Hedo are all deserving over Lee and thats just off the top of my head.

BoSox47
12-14-2008, 02:11 PM
Rajon Rondo?

dwiduck
12-14-2008, 02:13 PM
were gonna see alot of new faces in this years all-star game...and some players i want mention is danny granger who has been playing superb for the pacers this year.stephen jackson another player who has stepped up for warriors offense bigtime.Pau Gasol who has been the most cosistent player for the lakers this year,has stepped up his mid-range jumpshot's and he's rebounding consistency is up,he deserves a spot in the all-star game this year no doubt,alo Al Jefferson another player who is playing great for the Wolves,outstanding.and in this player's situation we dont even have to talk about it he's no boubt a all-star caliber type of player.jason terry is another player who has been playing verry good for the mavs this year.

How exactly has Stephen Jackson "stepped up" his game? As of today he is shooting under 38% from the floor, under 29% on 3's and is turning the ball over almost 4 times per game. However, with the exception of him I completely agree with Pau Gasol, Danny Granger, Al Jefferson and Jason Terry. Pau has done great while Kobe hasn't quite been himself, maybe im wrong, i've only seen a few games, but i think he should be an AS* mabe even a starter.

Hawkeye15
12-14-2008, 03:02 PM
david lee dosen't make it as a reserve he got robbed

your joking, right?

vick27m
12-14-2008, 03:03 PM
thaddeus young

Hawkeye15
12-14-2008, 03:06 PM
How exactly has Stephen Jackson "stepped up" his game? As of today he is shooting under 38% from the floor, under 29% on 3's and is turning the ball over almost 4 times per game. However, with the exception of him I completely agree with Pau Gasol, Danny Granger, Al Jefferson and Jason Terry. Pau has done great while Kobe hasn't quite been himself, maybe im wrong, i've only seen a few games, but i think he should be an AS* mabe even a starter.

Pau Gasol should not start. With the Lakers having the best record in the west by far, I have no issue with 2 of them going, but Pau is not a superstar. Duncan has played far better, Amare, and Dirk are all better, easy. West and Jefferson have played as well. Like I said, I have no problem with him getting named as a reserve due to his team winning a lot, but he is not a starter.

astrosmaniac
12-14-2008, 03:43 PM
Does it really matter? Its a popularity contest. The best players don't always make the team. Plus the only part of the ASG is the three point and dunk contests. The game is a waste of time. The fans shouldn't be allowed to vote in the players. In any sport. oo many deserving players don't make it because people sit on their computers and vote doszens of times for their favs.Guys like Shaq and Duncan continue to make the team when they haven't been true all stars in years.Taking the vote away may not be popular with most of you but thats my opinion and I stand by it.

only the starters are determined by fan votes. the reserves are picked by players/coaches

KH12
12-14-2008, 03:50 PM
Derrick Rose.

BullsNumber1Fan
12-14-2008, 04:17 PM
Derrick Rosae has simply been superb this season! He is averagin something around 19/6/4! If he doesn't get into the All-Star game, something is definitely wrong with the system because he is definitely worthy! Name 1 PG other than Devin Harris who has been as good and totally changed his team around like Derrick Rose has! And no Rajon Rondo doesn't count!

Goon.Weezy
12-14-2008, 05:10 PM
thaddeus young

since were gonna be homers.........JOEY GRAHAM :D:up:

Bosh=nextKG
12-14-2008, 05:22 PM
no way sjax gets in, he's been terrible. if someone from the dubs is gonna make it, it's gonna be biedrins.

cardinals1226
12-14-2008, 05:40 PM
Derrick Rosae has simply been superb this season! He is averagin something around 19/6/4! If he doesn't get into the All-Star game, something is definitely wrong with the system because he is definitely worthy! Name 1 PG other than Devin Harris who has been as good and totally changed his team around like Derrick Rose has! And no Rajon Rondo doesn't count!

TJ Ford

Danny Granger is deserving as well as Marquis Daniels and TJ Ford. Daniels is for sure not going to be picked, but he should at least be mentioned. If Granger is not picked as a reserve, at very least, the entire All-Star system is flawed

Just to state rookie/sophomore All Star Game, Roy Hibbert has been better a lot better than most projected.

The Answer3
12-14-2008, 05:45 PM
Devin Harris will get voted in by the coaches. Danny Granger also has a chance.

IversonIsKrazy
12-14-2008, 05:56 PM
well jefferson, harris, granger all deserve to but wont make it. the newcomers that will make it will be Yi, Dalembert, Jose, Ginobili.

The Answer3
12-14-2008, 06:04 PM
well jefferson, harris, granger all deserve to but wont make it. the newcomers that will make it will be Yi, Dalembert, Jose, Ginobili.

Manu's already been an all-star. Yi ain't gonna start. KG and LeBron will. No way Dalembert makes it as back up. Sheed's having a better year. But the amount of quality Cs in the east is quite pathetic.

greg_ory_2005
12-14-2008, 06:22 PM
Devin Harris
Danny Granger
Jose Calderon

Ryan328
12-14-2008, 07:19 PM
It's gonna be....Well what I feel it should be

EAST- Dwight Howard, Kevin Garnett, LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Allen Iverson, Chris Bosh, Danny Granger, Paul Pierce, Devin Harris, Joe Johnson, Zydrunas Illgauskas, Ray Allen.

WEST- Yao Ming, Amare Stoudemire, Tim Duncan, Kobe Bryant, Chris Paul, Carmelo Anthony, Dirk Nowitzki, Brandon Roy, Chauncey Billups, Pau Gasol, Andres Biedrins, Jason Terry.

_Supreme_
12-14-2008, 08:32 PM
It's gonna be....Well what I feel it should be

EAST- Dwight Howard, Kevin Garnett, LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Allen Iverson, Chris Bosh, Danny Granger, Paul Pierce, Devin Harris, Joe Johnson, Zydrunas Illgauskas, Ray Allen.

WEST- Yao Ming, Amare Stoudemire, Tim Duncan, Kobe Bryant, Chris Paul, Carmelo Anthony, Dirk Nowitzki, Brandon Roy, Chauncey Billups, Pau Gasol, Andres Biedrins, Jason Terry.

You are probably right about almost all of these, except Jason Terry. Idk about him.

And I'd rather see someone else than Ilgauskas also, like Caron Butler, Jose Calderon, Vince Carter, Andre Iguodala or Elton Brand, but if they (the coaches) have to pick a pure center for that spot he could very well be it.

Ryan328
12-14-2008, 08:53 PM
Yeah I just through Terry on there. I figured it come down to him, Stephen Jackson and Tracy McGrady

aimc_vc
12-15-2008, 08:48 AM
Devin Harris should star for the east with the kind of start he has in the season

Harris
D Wade
Bron Bron
KG
Superman

NYKnickFanatic
12-15-2008, 08:52 AM
Al Harrington

nygiants242
12-15-2008, 12:55 PM
^ I really hope he makes it but idk if he will get the votes.. maybe as a reserve though?
:shrug:

NYK09
12-15-2008, 01:33 PM
Al Harrington

averagign 23 a game, and has been on fire

LA_Raiders
12-15-2008, 01:33 PM
Gasol should make it either by fans or coaches....

Granger is playing great but because of his team record he won't make it...

JJ81
12-15-2008, 04:18 PM
Pau's been an All-Star. Deron Williams, maybe?

Iron24th
12-15-2008, 04:39 PM
Andrew Bynum

Faneik
12-15-2008, 04:59 PM
Bogut