PDA

View Full Version : Unsourced Rumor: Amare to the Pistons for Stuckey and Rasheed?

-Juice-
12-13-2008, 11:46 PM
Little rumor going around this might go down.

Pistons Get
Amare Stoudemire

Suns Get
Rasheed Wallace
Rodney Stuckey
1st Round Pick
Cash

Rasheed stretches the floor with his ability to knock down the 3. Getting Stuckey gets the Suns their PG for the future and also teaming him up with Jason Richardson gives them a younger duo and a good future. They improve their defense greatly and also get two Pistons who Porter can connect with and knows about.

Also, in 2010 Suns will have the ability to get a big time player such as Bosh, Wade, etc.

superkegger
12-13-2008, 11:47 PM
any link?

BADizzleBoY
12-13-2008, 11:48 PM
aLWAYS POST A LINK

its a law, otherwise you are making shi tupp

-Juice-
12-13-2008, 11:53 PM
No link, but sounds pretty reliable here

http://www.******.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=861116&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

"I have an associate at my company that is very close freinds with Michael Curry. He told me last season when it first started that Flip would be let go at the end of the season if they didnt win a championship and Curry would be promoted.

He also told me of the Iverson trade a couple of days before it broke out in the news.

So, now the topic he is sharing with me is their is serious conversations centering around Amare for Sheed and Stuckey. Possible variations being us adding Barbosa and getting back cash and a first rounder."

Take it for what it's worth. It makes sense, and money wise, it works out. Pistons are looking to basically blow it up, and Amare has shown he wants out.

EDIT: Link doesn't work I guess, but I got it from ******. I copied and pasted the main part of it.

superkegger
12-13-2008, 11:53 PM
oh god one of these.

we heard this same thing about a lakers marketing scheme that wasn't including Odom so he was getting traded.

complete bs.

STAT32
12-13-2008, 11:54 PM
You better come up with something better than that. There's no way we trade our superstar for that garbage.

-Juice-
12-13-2008, 11:55 PM
Whoops! I read it wrong.

Phoenix Suns Get
Rasheed Wallace
Rodney Stuckey

Detroit Pistons Get
Amare Stoudemire
1st Round Pick
Cash

BADizzleBoY
12-13-2008, 11:57 PM
what website

STAT32
12-13-2008, 11:57 PM
Ahaha so now we're giving away Amare and a first rounder? What the hell, what are we giving Amare away now?

-Juice-
12-13-2008, 11:58 PM
You better come up with something better than that. There's no way we trade our superstar for that garbage.

Garbage? Stoudemire wants out and is all but gone in 2010. He doesn't like the system and still isn't getting the ball. They get an actual PG to replace Nash in Stuckey who is a stud and is going to be an all-star. Rasheed Wallace is brought in this year for defense and stretching the floor with Shaq, but probably will be let go after the year.

As I said, take it for what it's worth. Makes sense and the money works out.

EDIT: Got it from
R
E
A
L

G
M

the Phoenix Suns board. IDK why you can't say real gm

superkegger
12-13-2008, 11:58 PM
Doesn't make it any better. no credible news source other than a "friend close to curry" is complete bs.

BADizzleBoY
12-13-2008, 11:59 PM
^ thats why on jim rome 2 days ago he sai dhe love phx

he is the key leader to that core of players, bad bad trade

STAT32
12-14-2008, 12:01 AM
How the hell does trading for Rasheed make us a better team? Stuckey is alright but I think your getting too excited when you say he'll be an all-star. This makes us worse, and throwing in a first rounder to basically give Amare away is a joke.

-Juice-
12-14-2008, 12:01 AM
^ thats why on jim rome 2 days ago he sai dhe love phx

he is the key leader to that core of players, bad bad trade

:eyebrow: What is he going to say "I hate Phoenix Rome! Get me outta here!

Amare is frustrated. After his little outburst, he still hasn't gotten the ball as much as he wanted. I am not saying it is a good trade, but if Amare is bolting in 2010, why not get something in return for him.

superkegger
12-14-2008, 12:03 AM
because its a competitor to this board.

and anybody could have just made it up. its bs.

close this thread.

DenButsu
12-14-2008, 12:03 AM
I changed the thread title to reflect the lack of source for this rumor.

It will be closed soon if it can't be backed up by a credible source.

-Juice-
12-14-2008, 12:05 AM
How the hell does trading for Rasheed make us a better team? Stuckey is alright but I think your getting too excited when you say he'll be an all-star. This makes us worse, and throwing in a first rounder to basically give Amare away is a joke.

It makes us better because it is a team Porter wants, and players that will believe in his system. If Shaq wants the ball, stretching out the floor will make it easier for him to score or kick it out. With Amare and Shaq, the lane is too clogged.

You put a line-up of Nash, Richardson, Barnes, Sheed, and Shaq on the floor, that is a lot of 3 point shooters and if hitting their shots, is a tough team to defend. You have to either dive on Shaq and risk giving up the 3, or don't and he does what he does best.

Not to mention, the team is a much, much, much better defensive team. And the first rounder isn't all that great. Yes, it sucks giving another 1st round pick up, but it is a late first rounder and most don't turn out to be much in the NBA anyways.

Mr.Grizzly
12-14-2008, 12:06 AM
could be a nice trade for the suns but i doubt that they will do it

Sport
12-14-2008, 12:06 AM
Rasheed Wallace is what, mid 30's?

If its even true, its a horrible trade for the Suns.

STAT32
12-14-2008, 12:08 AM
Why would Phoenix have to include a first? To entice the pistons to give up a middle-aged headcase for a future HOF'er and MVP Candidate? The first round pick alone makes this rumor sound like a load of trash.

-Juice-
12-14-2008, 12:12 AM
1) Of course you aren't going to like the trade, your user name is STAT32.
2) Just because a team gets rid of a "Superstar" for "All-Stars" doesn't mean the team gets worse ala the Pistons in 2004.
3) Wallace being a headcase isn't the worst thing in the world. It brings toughness to the Suns, which they desperately need and all good playoff teams have.

And LOL at you thinking Amare is a future HOF'er. I am a HUGE Amare fan, but all he can do is score. He is lazy on defense and can't get rebounds.

STAT32
12-14-2008, 12:17 AM
His defense and rebounding has greatly improved. And you are wack if you think this trade improves the Suns....

DenButsu
12-14-2008, 12:17 AM
Nevertheless, juice, I'm closing this thread soon unless it can be verified by a credible source with a link to a legitimate sports news site, so if you want to keep legs under this rumor, I suggest tracking that verification down quickly.

NYMetros
12-14-2008, 12:19 AM
This is a bunch of bull.

-Juice-
12-14-2008, 12:21 AM
His defense and rebounding has greatly improved. And you are wack if you think this trade improves the Suns....

Again, not much. He still gets absolutely abused by good PF's. Look at Pau a week ago. He didn't miss a shot when guarding him and when guarding Bynum, he scored 12pts in the first quarter. He can't play defense against good players.

And his rebounding has improved, but still isn't great. One game he gets 20rbs, and the next he gets 3? Pathetic for someone 6'10 with his athletic ability.

Why would you close the thread? Keep it open so there is something to talk about. No need to close it.

Sox Appeal
12-14-2008, 12:22 AM

I'm guessing you've never seen Stuckey play before, because if you have, I'm sure you would be aware of the fact that he's one of the best young guards in the NBA. He's already one of the best players in the league when it comes to attacking the rim (he does it at will), and he's also a VERY solid defender. Outside of that though, the rest of his game is still a work in progress. But don't get me wrong, the kid is going to be a STAR in this league. But even after saying all that, there's no WAY the Suns would make a deal like this. Amare is already one of the best PF's in the NBA today (he could be the best), and he's not even close to reaching his full potential.

-Juice-
12-14-2008, 12:24 AM
I'm guessing you've never seen Stuckey play before, because if you have, I'm sure you would be aware of the fact that he's one of the best young guards in the NBA. He's already one of the best players in the league when it comes to attacking the rim (he does it at will), and he's also a VERY solid defender. Outside of that though, the rest of his game is still a work in progress. But don't get me wrong, the kid is going to be a STAR in this league. But even after saying all that, there's no WAY the Suns would make a deal like this. Amare is already one of the best PF's in the NBA today (he could be the best), and he's not even close to reaching his full potential.

Yes, Amare is great and losing him would be tough, but as I said before he is all but gone already in 2010. He is one of the players that doesn't believe in Porters system and wants the ball a lot more then he is already getting.

Amare is the player that cares about his stats more than winning. Why not get something in return for Amare instead of losing him to FA for nothing and being completely screwed for the future.

JordansBulls
12-14-2008, 12:24 AM
Little rumor going around this might go down.

Pistons Get
Amare Stoudemire

Suns Get
Rasheed Wallace
Rodney Stuckey
1st Round Pick
Cash

Rasheed stretches the floor with his ability to knock down the 3. Getting Stuckey gets the Suns their PG for the future and also teaming him up with Jason Richardson gives them a younger duo and a good future. They improve their defense greatly and also get two Pistons who Porter can connect with and knows about.

Also, in 2010 Suns will have the ability to get a big time player such as Bosh, Wade, etc.

Unless the rumor is sourced then there is not one.