PDA

View Full Version : "Star" or "Superstar" players

Raps18-19 Champ
12-13-2008, 05:36 PM
Which players do you think that are called "star" player arent as good as theyre stats show but are doing that good cuz they have crap teammates that cant do much or cuz they are at the bottom of theyre position

Here's mine:

Devin Harris- I think he's a good player but i see him averaging about 16-18ppg on a team that had role players that could score.

Al Jefferson- If he was playing on a normal teamwith some better players, I see him averaging around 17-19ppg with 10 rpg.

Danny Granger- I think he would be averaging 18 and 8 on an average team.

Monta Ellis- I hear alot of people calling him the savior of the Warriors but I dont think he can do better than last year. I think his stats will get worse

Rudy Gay- He is very good but i don't see him averaging more than 17 on a contender team. Gotta give him props though for averaging that high in scoring now with Mayo averaging 20 ppg and taking like 18 shots per game

I know people who have those players playing for their team might get mad but i wanna see if you agree and i wanna hear your opinion on who fits in the category of "star" players

JordansBulls
12-13-2008, 07:35 PM
Which players do you think that are called "star" player arent as good as theyre stats show but are doing that good cuz they have crap teammates that cant do much or cuz they are at the bottom of theyre position

Here's mine:

Devin Harris- I think he's a good player but i see him averaging about 16-18ppg on a team that had role players that could score.

Al Jefferson- If he was playing on a normal teamwith some better players, I see him averaging around 17-19ppg with 10 rpg.

Danny Granger- I think he would be averaging 18 and 8 on an average team.

Monta Ellis- I hear alot of people calling him the savior of the Warriors but I dont think he can do better than last year. I think his stats will get worse

Rudy Gay- He is very good but i don't see him averaging more than 17 on a contender team. Gotta give him props though for averaging that high in scoring now with Mayo averaging 20 ppg and taking like 18 shots per game

I know people who have those players playing for their team might get mad but i wanna see if you agree and i wanna hear your opinion on who fits in the category of "star" players

Granger is like on Joe Johnson's level and Al Jefferson is like on Elton Brand, Pau Gasol, and Carlos Boozer's level.

Lakers4ItAll
12-13-2008, 07:45 PM
Granger is deff gonna be a superstar I think

Lakersfan2483
12-13-2008, 08:09 PM
I think people throw around the word "Superstar" to loosely. I don't think there are that many "real" superstar players. The "Superstar" players in the NBA are Kobe, Lebron, Duncan, Paul, KG, Wade, Shaq and Howard. Dirk, T-Mac, Nash, and Iverson all have "superstar" talent and can also be considered superstars.

Lakersfan2483
12-13-2008, 08:11 PM
Granger is like on Joe Johnson's level and Al Jefferson is like on Elton Brand, Pau Gasol, and Carlos Boozer's level.

All of those players mentioned are considered star players, they are definitely all-star worthy, but I would not consider them superstars. They are all right below the lebron's, and Kobe's of the world. I think you are correct in your assertions of all of their talent levels.

Cavs_Fan24
12-13-2008, 08:16 PM
Mo Williams

AFlagRules
12-13-2008, 08:38 PM
Mo Williams

Is nothing more than a good role player?

Raps18-19 Champ
12-13-2008, 09:25 PM

They proform on those levels cuz they on a bad team

Put Granger in Atlanta instead of Johnson and put Jefferson in 76ers, Jazz, or Lakers.

They are not gonna do as good

I know they good players but just cuz they perfroming good stat wise on a bad team, u can acall them a superstar

Raps18-19 Champ
12-13-2008, 09:28 PM
I think people throw around the word "Superstar" to loosely. I don't think there are that many "real" superstar players. The "Superstar" players in the NBA are Kobe, Lebron, Duncan, Paul, KG, Wade, Shaq and Howard. Dirk, T-Mac, Nash, and Iverson all have "superstar" talent and can also be considered superstars.

Fans throw Superstar very loosely but i even here people like Barkley calling Harris a future superstar even though this is his first good season and its only 20 game

AFlagRules
12-13-2008, 09:59 PM
Fans throw Superstar very loosely but i even here people like Barkley calling Harris a future superstar even though this is his first good season and its only 20 game

I see Harris as the next Michael Adams.

Chronz
12-14-2008, 07:16 AM
I dont agree with your assessment, Al Jeffersons numbers would be alot better if he had some decent help. He truly is a beast offensively, Devin is CRAZY EFFICIENT so I dont know what you have against his style of play, it doesnt matter whos around him hes going to produce, and Ive watched Granger ALOT this year, he very well could average those numbers but your not really delving into any statistical breakdown, what if he averages that, with an incredibly low turnover rate or if his shooting efficiency increases to the point where he doesnt need to score alot to have great numbers.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-14-2008, 11:08 AM
I dont agree with your assessment, Al Jeffersons numbers would be alot better if he had some decent help. He truly is a beast offensively, Devin is CRAZY EFFICIENT so I dont know what you have against his style of play, it doesnt matter whos around him hes going to produce, and Ive watched Granger ALOT this year, he very well could average those numbers but your not really delving into any statistical breakdown, what if he averages that, with an incredibly low turnover rate or if his shooting efficiency increases to the point where he doesnt need to score alot to have great numbers.

Jeffersons stats were like 15 and 9 when he was with peirce in boston before he got traded

I know Harris is going to produce but i think this season is like a one time thing i see him getting like 16-18 ppg if he were with someone like joe johnson and on a winning team instead of carter and the nets

And Granger is so talented put i dont think he can perform that good like if he were to replace T-Mac on the Rockets

DET UNIT
12-14-2008, 11:23 AM
Monta ellis is a stud$$ a superstar

Raps18-19 Champ
12-14-2008, 11:40 AM
Monta ellis is a stud$$ a superstar

lets see him average 20ppg with all those guards on the team

hes gonna average lik 15ppg

Lakergirl24
12-14-2008, 12:03 PM
All of those players mentioned are considered star players, they are definitely all-star worthy, but I would not consider them superstars. They are all right below the lebron's, and Kobe's of the world. I think you are correct in your assertions of all of their talent levels.

Very well said. One player comes to my mind that always get called a superstar and shouldnt.

Tracy McGrady-Extremely talented player, but when you have the talent around you, have been in the league for 11 years, and cant get farther than the first round of the playoffs you dont deserve to be called a superstar.

jabstep474
12-14-2008, 12:19 PM
pau gasol. so overrated

Sevilla91
12-14-2008, 01:58 PM
Jeffersons stats were like 15 and 9 when he was with peirce in boston before he got traded

Its called getting better, you dont cap out on your talent your 3rd or 4th year in. Jefferson is cleary an all-star this year, if he played with a good team, people would see that. I can see him being an all-star his whole career, 25 and 10 is what i expect.

NYMetros
12-14-2008, 02:09 PM
Kevin Durant.

Hawkeye15
12-14-2008, 02:59 PM

I know Harris is going to produce but i think this season is like a one time thing i see him getting like 16-18 ppg if he were with someone like joe johnson and on a winning team instead of carter and the nets

And Granger is so talented put i dont think he can perform that good like if he were to replace T-Mac on the Rockets

Jefferson turned 21 that season bro. Harris, maybe I get your point. Granger is already better than T Mac, if we are speaking of this season moving forward. All 3 should be all stars. Jefferson won't be, he has a bad team

Hawkeye15
12-14-2008, 02:59 PM
Kevin Durant.

team record. Welcome to Al Jefferson's problem

Hawkeye15
12-14-2008, 03:00 PM
woops, confused my last comment with the all star thread. My b

Raps18-19 Champ
12-14-2008, 09:09 PM
Jefferson turned 21 that season bro. Harris, maybe I get your point. Granger is already better than T Mac, if we are speaking of this season moving forward. All 3 should be all stars. Jefferson won't be, he has a bad team

Well ya i know that jeffeerson was so young but if he was on a good team, he wouldnt go from 15 and 9 to 22 and 12

Hawksrock2
12-14-2008, 09:35 PM
Danny Granger is a major threat sometimes when he is hot but other times not realy.

Chronz
12-15-2008, 03:56 AM
Players tend to get better with age, particularly players who entered the league as high school kids.

Yea thats not telling me much, your only showing me per game averages, those can fluctuate but his actual numbers could easily go up, depending on his role. But let him get a season under him, I highly doubt Devin keeps this pace up.

I dont see why not, the Rockets would be much better with Granger right now than an injured Tmac.

Chronz
12-15-2008, 04:00 AM
Very well said. One player comes to my mind that always get called a superstar and shouldnt.

Tracy McGrady-Extremely talented player, but when you have the talent around you, have been in the league for 11 years, and cant get farther than the first round of the playoffs you dont deserve to be called a superstar.

Tmac was a superstar, he just didnt have the talent compared to the teams he was facing in the first round. Now he has the talent, but his individual brilliance has diminished.