PDA

View Full Version : Astros Rumors: Oswalt, Valverde, Tejada

iam brett favre
12-13-2008, 01:34 PM
Astros owner Drayton McLane decided not to take Roy Oswalt up on his offer to re-structure his contract and defer money. McLane told Richard Justice of the Houston Chronicle that the contract "catches up with you at some point," regardless of when it's paid.
Justice adds that barring something unexpected the Astros will hold onto Jose Valverde and Miguel Tejada .
According to MLB.com's Alyson Footer, McLane said adding a top pitcher to join Oswalt in the Houston rotation is "just not in the cards."

-MLBTR.com

I think it would have been a good move to do that with Oswalt..

native_astro
12-13-2008, 01:55 PM
Yeah it would of been a great idea and showed Oswalt that the team and winning is more important than money, but Drayton screwed that up and would not be surprised if Roy Oswalt demanded a trade.

lilboytwister99
12-13-2008, 10:23 PM
It makes no sense at all. Drayton has that "win now" attitude. Apparently, so does Oswalt. Hell Oswalt proved it by offering a restructure of his contract. So if adding another #1 or #2 pitcher to the rotation is "not in the cards", then might as well start over. Might as well just come out and say "well we dug ourselves into a hole by our offseason moves last year, and now we have to deal with it because we're too frickin cheap to do anything about it". If I were Roy, I'd demand a trade ASAP! We can trade Roy and Berkman to Boston, and that would almost replenish our farm system right there.

Its ashame that the Astros do nothing but let their fans down. If nothing gets done this offseason besides the big bad Mike Hampton signing (which should have been a sign of what 2009 is going to bring in the first place), then I think Ed Wade should be fired or Drayton should sell the team and just admit that he was too scared to take a risk to have a championship team.

This is a big joke on the fans of Houston. It is a big slap in the face to Roy Oswalt. It's a shame, all of it!

UnWantedTheory
12-14-2008, 01:46 PM
It makes no sense at all. Drayton has that "win now" attitude. Apparently, so does Oswalt. Hell Oswalt proved it by offering a restructure of his contract. So if adding another #1 or #2 pitcher to the rotation is "not in the cards", then might as well start over. Might as well just come out and say "well we dug ourselves into a hole by our offseason moves last year, and now we have to deal with it because we're too frickin cheap to do anything about it". If I were Roy, I'd demand a trade ASAP! We can trade Roy and Berkman to Boston, and that would almost replenish our farm system right there.

Its ashame that the Astros do nothing but let their fans down. If nothing gets done this offseason besides the big bad Mike Hampton signing (which should have been a sign of what 2009 is going to bring in the first place), then I think Ed Wade should be fired or Drayton should sell the team and just admit that he was too scared to take a risk to have a championship team.

This is a big joke on the fans of Houston. It is a big slap in the face to Roy Oswalt. It's a shame, all of it!

I concur my good sir.