PDA

View Full Version : How good would the Celtics Be...??

bmac650
12-13-2008, 06:55 AM
How good would the Celtics be if they didnt trade al jefferson to the twolves for kg...would they have won a championship last year with jefferson at the 4 instead of KG??

i dont think they would have because of KG's presence but i always have wondered what others would think...

KG2TB
12-13-2008, 07:26 AM
Nowhere even close to where they are now. If they still had Allen, Pierce, and Jefferson they might be a playoff team, but KG's presence, leadership, and tenacity can't be accounted for on the stat sheet, especially on the defensive end.

Chronz
12-13-2008, 07:39 AM
Defense wins championships yadda yadda yadda, KG plays D, Al Jeff is a stat whore umm I think I got this one covered, close thread

S.J.Basketball
12-13-2008, 07:40 AM
It's possible. I don't think you can say there's NO WAY, but the main thing is the intensity and leadership KG brings that you probably wouldn't see coming from Al. That would hurt the most. My 2 cents.

michaellui11
12-13-2008, 10:15 AM
no way..i made the same thread and then everyone said no so..NO

JJ81
12-13-2008, 02:02 PM
They wouldn't have won without KG.

Brendan
12-13-2008, 02:33 PM
Yeah Garnett's leadership is what finishes this team. IMO Pierce is the best player on that team and is the glue but without Garnett's veteran leadership i dont think they would have won

unwantedplayer
12-13-2008, 02:51 PM
No, Jefferson wants to be a superstar. You can't be a superstar on a team that already has two superstars. Jefferson is a great player, but he doesn't make up for half of what KG does.

$ NyC $
12-13-2008, 02:55 PM
KG has the passion.

That doesn't show up on stats.

Wake's Fastball
12-13-2008, 03:39 PM
For the umpteenth time, in addition to what's been said above, if there's no KG, there's no Posey, no House, no PJ Brown.

superkegger
12-13-2008, 03:42 PM
Pierce Allen and Al Jefferson isn't a bad team, but its not a championship team.

JAZZNC
12-13-2008, 04:27 PM
Jefferson gets stats on a complete joke of a team and that was true even when he was with the Celtics. Who couldn't get 20ppg when there's nobody else to shoot the ball and who couldn't get 10rpg when there's that many missed shots. He's not that good, so I guess my answer would be no where near as good as they are now. I've been meaning to find a post a T-Wolves fan made a couple years ago about how I'd regret saying Jefferson wasn't that good when he was leading the Wolves to the playoffs this year, that's some funny fecal matter right there:laugh:

thesparky33
12-13-2008, 05:07 PM
Jefferson gets stats on a complete joke of a team and that was true even when he was with the Celtics. Who couldn't get 20ppg when there's nobody else to shoot the ball and who couldn't get 10rpg when there's that many missed shots. He's not that good, so I guess my answer would be no where near as good as they are now. I've been meaning to find a post a T-Wolves fan made a couple years ago about how I'd regret saying Jefferson wasn't that good when he was leading the Wolves to the playoffs this year, that's some funny fecal matter right there:laugh:

You talking about me? I said they'll make the playoffs in 09-10, not this year. But then again, it seems like it might take a little bit longer than next year too haha.

But I think I remember you talk about how Al Jeff isnt a franchise guy or something, which is BS. The guy is a stud, and I dont care what stats he puts up, because you will always say "stats on a bad team bla bla bla". If you actually watched him play, you'd realize that because he's on a bad team, that other teams are allowed to double and triple team him all game long, and he still scores 20 a night.

rhino17
12-13-2008, 05:33 PM
Both are very overrated right now, I still think the celtics would have had a shot at winning it

NYMetros
12-13-2008, 05:34 PM
No, definitely not.

Draco
12-13-2008, 05:35 PM
'What if' thread #2,534.

The Answer3
12-13-2008, 06:00 PM
The Celtics, at max, get to the ECF. You need KG's leadership, his passion and defensive presence to win a championship. Al Jefferson doesn't bring that.

hotpotato1092
12-13-2008, 06:24 PM
well talent wise I don't think there's a huge drop off if any, but you can't account for KG's leadership and defense, and the fact that he made the entire team play defense as well. Also without KG there's no posey, brown, cassell or house, but without KG there is Gomes, Sebastian Telfair and all the other guys they gave up. With Jeff they wouldn't have won the title but they'd be around a 2nd round playoff team which isn't bad at all.