PDA

View Full Version : Has Millsap improved out interior D?

jimbobjarree
12-12-2008, 07:53 PM
Boozer is a lousy defender, we all know that. And we all rate Millsap as a better defender, a better hustler on D. What do you guys think, has he actually improved our interior D?

sportsnutzz
12-12-2008, 09:06 PM
I think Millsap might be a little better but I think we are overrating him a little. I don't see a big difference. Millsap just tries a lot harder.

jimbobjarree
12-12-2008, 09:40 PM
yeah I'm not noticing a hige difference either. But we have forced the Wolves and Blazers to take alot of outside shots, but the Suns killed us...but Millsap was in foul trouble

JAZZNC
12-13-2008, 12:47 AM
It's not a huge difference, but he does try harder. That's all I'd like to see out of Boozer is some effort, it just seems like he doesn't care that much. Millsap hustles and just tries. He's not an intimidater but he'll get you extra possessions with that hustle and effort so I guess it is a little better.

DrDEADalready
12-13-2008, 10:27 AM
Yeah its def better. But not great. we still need lots to improve on our D

THE_FLASH_21
12-13-2008, 04:48 PM
I think Millsap might be a little better but I think we are overrating him a little. I don't see a big difference. Millsap just tries a lot harder.

Milsap would start for alot of teams... He's not overrated at all..

sportsnutzz
12-13-2008, 06:54 PM
Milsap would start for alot of teams... He's not overrated at all..

No I am not saying he isn't good don't get me wrong he is really good. I meant I think we mistake his hustle for D sometimes. I do think he is a little better than Boozer at D. I would like to give the contract to a player who plays hard like Millsap over a guy who doesn't really seem to care that much like boozer. If Boozer had Millsaps heart he would be the next Malone. Anyway what I meant is everyone is talking like Millsap plays much better D. I think we overrate his D a little sometimes.

DrDEADalready
12-13-2008, 10:43 PM
Paul the paper boy Millsap

jimbobjarree
12-14-2008, 08:04 AM
we needs sigs...if not paul the paper boy millsap like a sig we can all wear through the season like the lakers do...or at least the playoffs....if we make them :(

JJ81
12-14-2008, 04:40 PM
Boozer is a hell of a play in the post.;

Lo Porto
12-15-2008, 01:37 PM
Something is not right with this team, and I can't put my finger on it. One game, Millsap looks like the guy to replace Booz. Another game, he gets dumb fouls or takes dumb shots and we see how much we need Booz. Okur is so inconsistent. We have to keep Deron, and the only players I really like are Brewer and CJ Miles. Those guys seem to be a great PG, SG, and SF for years to come. Right now, I would entertain trading Okur, Boozer, Korver or AK. We need a shakeup. Sure we didn't have Boozer, but we lost to Orlando without Howard. Are some of these guys as good as we think?

jimbobjarree
12-15-2008, 02:33 PM
Yeah but the inconsistency at power forward will be fine once Booz comes back, I cant see both Millsap and Booz having off nights at the same time. I remember the Suns game thinking just if Booz were to come in now, as Millsap had gotten into foul trouble. I think one thing is Deron, he's not 100 percent and we will suffer until he is. He's our guy that steps it up and puts the team on his shoulders, he cant do that, and nobody else is really able to except maybe Memo on the occasional night...and Brewer in Minnesota.

I think another thing is our bench, if the bench plays well we win. At first I thought the bench only turned up at home games, but even at home games they dont really fire all that well as of late.

A big weakness of ours in our mentality, it has to be. How could we be such a poor team on the road. Our mentality is weak, we crumble so often and give up, sometimes they step onto the floor and you know we're going to lose just from their body language.

I think we could do with a trade, my philosophy is only bad teams make trades, and currently we arent looking all that sharp. I think the most important thing we need a trade to do is lift spirits and energy...like the Korver trade last year really lifted us going into the second half of the season.

....or hang on to the fact that we are still 15-10 even though we havnt played a game with all our star players playing, and rely on our record improving then...but that may be too late

Lo Porto
12-15-2008, 03:44 PM
I agree with a lot of what your saying jimbob, but I think that some good teams make trades too in order to get better and preserve their winning ways. I think we need to start planning on the eventual exodus. I don't think that we need to necessarily trade away Okur, Boozer, Korver or Millsap, but I think we should trade one of them for a much needed shake up or to at least lower the number of players we could possibly lose. Of course I'm willing to trade AK too, but that's just because I know he's not worth what he's making.

jimbobjarree
12-15-2008, 03:55 PM
lol yeah you've gone abit quiet on 'the get AK out' front recently.

to be honest I really dont see KOC making any moves until we have Boozer, Deron, AK, Memo, Brewer, Korver, CJ, Brevin, Harpring, Millsap all playing together, and playing with no problems, the bad thing is it could be a while until that happens because of Booz milking his injury, and games will be lost in that time.

and as regards to bad teams making trades: Denver trading for Chauncey (paid off), Pistons getting AI, Dallas trading for Kidd, Suns trading for Shaq, Suns trading for JRich, Jazz trading for Korver...all were bad teams, or struggling when they made those trades, we can see however that only the Chauncey and Korver trade have shown that making a trade does improve a struggling team.

Lo Porto
12-15-2008, 04:15 PM
You know that I want AK gone. I'd much rather play CJ for his minutes making $3.7 a year than AK at $15+ a year. That's another story.

This is what concerns me - Boozer will be hurt more than healthy when we get to the All Star break and maybe all the way to the trade deadline. If he opts out after this season, are we really going to want to pay him more than he's scheduled to make next year? Will we just let him walk? I've been on the keep Boozer bandwagon all along, but I'm getting worried. If we look this bad without him, what are we going to be next year should we fail to re-sign Millsap or Okur AND lose Boozer? Let's trade Boozer now while he's got value if he really might leave. Maybe we could pull a three team trade:

Clippers get Shawn Marion
Heat get Boozer, Ricky Davis and Jason Hart
Jazz get Chris Kaman and Miami's 2009 1st round pick

jimbobjarree
12-15-2008, 04:18 PM
yes, not only should we be trading him cus he may leave or be expenisive, its also because of his injuries as well, paying a guy a max contract while he's always injured..only muppets like the Rockets are doing that.

trade him and strengthen another part of the team...like the interior defense, I would welcome Kamen

Lo Porto
12-15-2008, 04:28 PM
There's something about Kaman that I really like, and I'm not sure what that is. Maybe it's because he's a better version of Greg Ostertag, and we had our best years with that type of center. Kaman could come in and rebound, play defense, and hit the occasional 15 footer. He's not spectacular, but he's also only getting paid around $10 million a year.

Lo Porto
12-15-2008, 04:34 PM
Or, we could shock our division rivals and trade Korver, Collins, Morris Almond, and a 2nd rounder to the Clippers for Marcus Camby.

Imagine having Camby coming off the bench. A rotation of Okur, Boozer, Camby, and Millsap for our front court would be nasty. That group of players could contend with the Lakers too.

Lo Porto
12-15-2008, 04:34 PM
The Clippers don't need Camby now that they have their frontcourt of the future in Thornton, Randolph and Kaman. Camby might be a guy they dump in order to free up some cap next summer.

jimbobjarree
12-15-2008, 05:56 PM
a deal with the Clippers definatly looks possible, I wonder if KOC has any ideas/plans in mind

sportsnutzz
12-16-2008, 12:54 AM
You know that I want AK gone. I'd much rather play CJ for his minutes making $3.7 a year than AK at $15+ a year. That's another story.

Really? :pity: Yeah AK is overpaid but he has been huge this year.

a deal with the Clippers definatly looks possible, I wonder if KOC has any ideas/plans in mind

Why would we trade for Camby?