PDA

View Full Version : The next player out in Phoenix Suns

La11
12-12-2008, 04:23 PM
I say its Leondro Barbosa.. His number is declining this year and doesnt look like he fits in "Steve Kerr's plans" I bet he will get traded this season. He lost 2 great coaches for his type of game.
One was Mike D'antoni
and Second was Dan D'antoni ( coach who improved him throughout the years and gave him good assignment each game, Now with New York Knicks)
I do believe Steve Kerr is running this team to the drain and same with the Owner Sarver. Bryan Colangelo gave Phoenix so much Assets but they all sold it away to teams like chicago bulls(deng) Portland(rudy) Boston (Rando) New York (nate) and not being able to sign back Joe Johnson when he was the key piece that would have brought them a Title. Sun is Sunsetting In Phoenix.....:mad:

Good Job Steve Kerr:clap:

thephoenixson28
12-12-2008, 04:36 PM
I think its going to be kerr if he pulls one more trade.

NYKnickFanatic
12-12-2008, 04:41 PM
Suns are on the decline anyway.
Time to blow that team up.
Although the addition of J-Rich may help.

PHX-SOXFAN
12-12-2008, 04:58 PM
I say its Leondro Barbosa.. His number is declining this year and doesnt look like he fits in "Steve Kerr's plans" I bet he will get traded this season. He lost 2 great coaches for his type of game.
One was Mike D'antoni
and Second was Dan D'antoni ( coach who improved him throughout the years and gave him good assignment each game, Now with New York Knicks)
I do believe Steve Kerr is running this team to the drain and same with the Owner Sarver. Bryan Colangelo gave Phoenix so much Assets but they all sold it away to teams like chicago bulls(deng) Portland(rudy) Boston (Rando) New York (nate) and not being able to sign back Joe Johnson when he was the key piece that would have brought them a Title. Sun is Sunsetting In Phoenix.....:mad:

it's funny that you say nice job steve kerr right after you list off a bunch of moves that were done under colangelo:confused:. Go back and write out a timeline of events for yourself before you spout off about something you are misinformed on.

sarver is 100% responsible for the cheap owner moves that lead to deng, rudy, rondo, and jj.

kerr is only responsible for the marion/shaq trade, and the j-rich trade. he pulled these off while also dumping bad contracts of diaw and marcus banks from the D'Antoni GM era.

barreleffact
12-12-2008, 05:11 PM
i actually think Kerr has done a good job. their team wasn't going to do anything before Shaq. the Joe Johnson thing and many of the trades had nothing to do with Kerr and I wont go as far as to say Johnson WOULD have gotten them a title. i will say he potentially could have. regardless Kerr traded a disgruntled Marion for the post presence of Shaq AND his 2010 expiring contract. He traded a bunch of nobodies for a premium level talent in J-rich. I mean as of now they are pretty stacked if they can fit Amare in better and actually play some defense. Regardless, if you REALLY expected a title from the Suns this year or even during D'antonio's years something is wrong with you. Defense wins championships and Kerr would be the first to tell you that.

Anyway, Barbosa can go IMO. He can't run the point, he is instant offense, but isn't a great defender. Plus, he's the brazilian blur but correct me if I'm wrong, but Phoenix isn't exactly the best fast break team anymore. Why not shop him around?

barreleffact
12-12-2008, 05:11 PM
i actually think Kerr has done a good job. their team wasn't going to do anything before Shaq. the Joe Johnson thing and many of the trades had nothing to do with Kerr and I wont go as far as to say Johnson WOULD have gotten them a title. i will say he potentially could have. regardless Kerr traded a disgruntled Marion for the post presence of Shaq AND his 2010 expiring contract. He traded a bunch of nobodies for a premium level talent in J-rich. I mean as of now they are pretty stacked if they can fit Amare in better and actually play some defense. Regardless, if you REALLY expected a title from the Suns this year or even during D'antonio's years something is wrong with you. Defense wins championships and Kerr would be the first to tell you that.

Anyway, Barbosa can go IMO. He can't run the point, he is instant offense, but isn't a great defender. Plus, he's the brazilian blur but correct me if I'm wrong, but Phoenix isn't exactly the best fast break team anymore. Why not shop him around?

Jacob K.
12-12-2008, 05:30 PM
[QUOTE=La11;7642901] Bryan Colangelo gave Phoenix so much Assets but they all sold it away to teams like chicago bulls(deng) Portland(rudy) Boston (Rando) New York (nate) and not being able to sign back Joe Johnson when he was the key piece that would have brought them a Title. QUOTE]

johnson asked not to be resigned, he wanted to be the man on atlanta, not one of many men on phoneix

MoBASS
12-12-2008, 05:35 PM
johnson asked not to be resigned, he wanted to be the man on atlanta, not one of many men on phoneix

Who cares if he didn't want to be resigned? If he's a valuable asset with potential you re-sign him anyway.

Aww.. you don't want $70 million and to play with Steve Nash on a championship-contender?

Poor baby... you're gonna have to.

29$JerZ
12-12-2008, 05:37 PM
Barbosa should be on the move, Suns should try to get a legit backup for Nash soon.

JordansBulls
12-12-2008, 05:42 PM
Amare to Chicago.:D

nashty13
12-12-2008, 05:46 PM
thanks dick

PippensBulls
12-12-2008, 06:16 PM
Barbosa should be on the move, Suns should try to get a legit backup for Nash soon.

Then what happens to Dragic, the future "Nash"??

29$JerZ
12-12-2008, 06:20 PM
Dragic a few years away to Start IMO, another veteran PG wouldn't hurt.

PippensBulls
12-12-2008, 06:24 PM
Dragic a few years away to Start IMO, another veteran PG wouldn't hurt.

International players are concerned about playing time too much. I heard Marco Bellinelli wants out of GS because of not enough playing time. Rudy should be the next one in the near future.

La11
12-12-2008, 07:08 PM
it's funny that you say nice job steve kerr right after you list off a bunch of moves that were done under colangelo:confused:. Go back and write out a timeline of events for yourself before you spout off about something you are misinformed on.

sarver is 100% responsible for the cheap owner moves that lead to deng, rudy, rondo, and jj.

kerr is only responsible for the marion/shaq trade, and the j-rich trade. he pulled these off while also dumping bad contracts of diaw and marcus banks from the D'Antoni GM era.

ever heard of sarcasm?

td0tsfinest
12-12-2008, 07:29 PM
BC built a great team in Phoneix. I think they'll make the playoffs and can be a huge force if both Shaq and Nash be those dominant players they were. Time for them to win a championship is closing, by 2010 both Nash, Shaq and Amare contracts will be expiring. Shaq most likely will retire, don't know how efficient Nash will be 2 years from now and Amare could possibly leave.

JJ81
12-12-2008, 07:31 PM
It's over for them.

IU Hoosiers 3
12-12-2008, 07:41 PM
Nash to the knicks to reunite with D'antoni.

superkegger
12-12-2008, 10:11 PM
Who cares if he didn't want to be resigned? If he's a valuable asset with potential you re-sign him anyway.

Aww.. you don't want $70 million and to play with Steve Nash on a championship-contender?

Poor baby... you're gonna have to.

Yeah, great it theory, but thats when players underperform, and you're paying a guy 70 million to blow ***, be a disturbance and complainer and not actually help the team.

Sox Appeal
12-13-2008, 12:26 AM

I agree with everything you said in your post up until this. I do believe the Suns WOULD have beaten the Spurs a few years ago in the Western Conference Semis if it wasn't for a fixed game, or a Robert Horry cross-check on Steve Nash in which Amare Stoudimire ended up being suspended, for walking onto the floor to defense Nash. Fact of the matter is, the Suns where screwed in that series.

#1Mavericksfan
12-13-2008, 12:31 AM
Amare or Nash gonna ask for a trade soon so it's between the 2 of them.

Duncan = Donkey
12-13-2008, 12:44 AM
Amare or Nash gonna ask for a trade soon so it's between the 2 of them.

how the hell would you know that??? or are you just guessing???

KG#1
12-13-2008, 12:48 AM
kerr gave up kurt thomas and 2 firstrounders for a conditional second rounder........
it all come back to the owner

theyre gonna do everything they can to keep this team in the playoffs for as long as possible but they wont be winning any championships

#1Mavericksfan
12-13-2008, 12:49 AM
how the hell would you know that??? or are you just guessing???

Amare and Nash seem to be the only ones complaining as far as I can tell, but you never know they might stay I'm just guessing.

JPHX
12-13-2008, 12:56 AM
first things first. there are grammatical errors in the title of this thread.

...and after tonights win you can see a newfound energy. forget what has been said in the media, this trade sparked a shaq-less, non-cohesive team to a win against a top magic team. kerr is gonna add a backup pg, but thats about all the roster moves he is gonna make.

theimortalone
12-13-2008, 01:21 AM
first things first. there are grammatical errors in the title of this thread.

...and after tonights win you can see a newfound energy. forget what has been said in the media, this trade sparked a shaq-less, non-cohesive team to a win against a top magic team. kerr is gonna add a backup pg, but thats about all the roster moves he is gonna make.

You are exactly right JPHX! We are not trading any more players just adding a vet back up PG. Once we get that our roster is set!

Sports Illustrator
12-13-2008, 01:28 AM
Nash to the knicks to reunite with D'antoni.

Out of all these scenarios that fans talk about with Lebron or Bosh coming over to NY, Nash may be the most likelihood to happen. But that won't happen anytime soon, if it happens, it will happen in 2010. As a Knicks fan, I'm not too thrilled of the idea of Nash being the main player coming to NY as he will be 2 years older by then and he already is showing signs of not being the same player he used to be.

With that said, Nash won't be the next player out. The next player out could be Leandro Barbosa now that Jason Richardson is in the mix.

innovator
12-13-2008, 01:42 AM
trade nash for radmanovic and fisher

Duncan = Donkey
12-13-2008, 01:59 AM
trade nash for radmanovic and fisher

haha no way:D

STAT32
12-13-2008, 01:58 PM
Do you guys realize what Steve Kerr has done for the Phoenix Suns?

(Outgoing) under Steve Kerr
Shawn Marion
Kurt Thomas
Boris Diaw
Raja Bell
James Jones
Marcus Banks

Incoming under Steve Kerr
Jason Richardson
Shaquille O'neal
Grant Hill
Matt Barnes
Robin Lopez
Goran Dragic
Alando Tucker

Keep in mind Shawn Marion did not want to be here, Marcus Banks had one of the worst contracts in Suns history, James Jones was not playing well, Boris Diaw was a classic case of getting your money and returning to his old ways, Raja Bell was not nearly the defender he used to be and asked for a trade. The only really bad move was trading Kurt and a First rounder.

Now add on that Steve Kerr brought in Matt Barnes and Grant Hill for the vet min! He traded a disgruntled over the hill defender and a useless pf for a very good shooting guard who is entering his prime and an up-and coming SF.

You guys need to realize that Steve Kerr has saved this team from some bad rebuilding years. Think a little before you post guys.

J-Relo
12-13-2008, 02:02 PM
It's over for them.

any arguments? homer...

MagicBucsSox
12-13-2008, 02:35 PM
its amare coming back home in '10 to orlando to play with dwight

Raptorballa
12-13-2008, 02:49 PM
Sorry to bring it to you guys

But Kid Canada is returning home.

(btw by "home" i mean Toronto) :D

$ NyC $
12-13-2008, 02:53 PM
well Amare comin 2 us!! loll. The Suns have always been a good team but never good enough. Barbosa isn't the 6th man he was, and Nash isn't even the player he was.

STAT32
12-13-2008, 03:12 PM
You guys are kidding yourselves if you think we're trading Amare or Nash.

MagicBucsSox
12-13-2008, 03:28 PM
man no one said trade but itd be best for ur team cause they both gone '10

im starting my stoudemire/howard '10 campaign lol

quick question though who u guys think better amare or bosh

gcoll
12-13-2008, 04:31 PM
Barbosa isn't going anywhere. He had a rough beginning of the year, possibly due to his mother's illness and death.....but he's been playing well the past couple of games.

STAT32
12-13-2008, 05:38 PM
There's no way you get Amare. He's definently signing an extension this summer. Probably a record-breaker at that.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-13-2008, 06:04 PM
man no one said trade but itd be best for ur team cause they both gone '10

im starting my stoudemire/howard '10 campaign lol

quick question though who u guys think better amare or bosh

I dont think you have the cap space for that

juggla53
12-13-2008, 06:06 PM
BC built a great team in Phoneix. I think they'll make the playoffs and can be a huge force if both Shaq and Nash be those dominant players they were. Time for them to win a championship is closing, by 2010 both Nash, Shaq and Amare contracts will be expiring. Shaq most likely will retire, don't know how efficient Nash will be 2 years from now and Amare could possibly leave.

I think the door for them to win a championship HAS closed, and yes of course they would be a huge force if shaq returned to the dominant player he was but i dont think he will be getting 7 years younger anytime soon so i dont really see that happening

braveniler58
12-13-2008, 06:15 PM
I don't think the window's closed, but it's narrowing. The J-Rich trade has sparked some life into the Suns. Either we'll sign a veteran PG or we'll trade for one to back up Nash, because Goran is worthless as of now, and he will be for the next few years.

I don't think there's going to be any more big trades.

JPHX
12-13-2008, 06:16 PM
I think the door for them to win a championship HAS closed, and yes of course they would be a huge force if shaq returned to the dominant player he was but i dont think he will be getting 7 years younger anytime soon so i dont really see that happening

well we actually have a legit 2 guard and not somebody who just runs to the corner to shoot a three. now hopefully adding pargo or D. Stoudamire to backup nash. i think the door just swung back open my friend.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-13-2008, 06:28 PM
THe door has not closed.

Shaq can average atleast 15ppg and 10rpg
Amar'e can average atleast 20ppg and 10rpg
Nash can average atleast 15ppg and 10apg
Barnes can average 10ppg+
J-Rich can average atleast 20 ppg
Barbosa can average 15ppg+
Hill can average atleast 10ppg

How is the door closed again?

they are averaging around that in the season and they would give it their all in the playoffs so they can average better than what they are averaging in the season plus they have alot of playoff experience

no one could probably match up to the suns at each position in the west other than Lakers only because of kobe but amare and shaq could take on bynum and gasol anyday

Maybe NOH or Jazz cuz of the PG but the Jazz or Hornets cant match up to the other position

The Answer3
12-13-2008, 06:30 PM
I don't think the Suns are gonna make any more trades this year. They're gonna it their all this year but their peak is a 2nd round exit. This team isn't good enough to beat the Lakers or Spurs no matter who they have.

king4day
12-13-2008, 06:30 PM
One was Mike D'antoni

He's playing his best ball in 2 seasons.

If you don't watch the games then ur gonna get ripped. A few posters pointed tme out already but there are flaws in it.

gcoll
12-13-2008, 09:52 PM
This team isn't good enough to beat the Lakers or Spurs no matter who they have.
Do you realize how dumb this comment is?

I'm not saying this to be mean....but...it's EXTREMELY dumb. Just think about it for a few seconds.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-13-2008, 10:01 PM
I don't think the Suns are gonna make any more trades this year. They're gonna it their all this year but their peak is a 2nd round exit. This team isn't good enough to beat the Lakers or Spurs no matter who they have.

Really?

I don't think that

JPHX
12-14-2008, 01:21 AM

i disagree. J-Rich brings another dimension to the lineup. we wont have a guy who just runs to the corner and wait to drill a three. he can create and slash and kinda makes us less predictable. and the other night when we played LA, we had no shaq, undermaned due to the trade, and lost by only 5. im not saying we will beat LA, but to say we are not good enough without seeing this new lineup in action against them is wrong.

dodie53
12-14-2008, 01:27 AM
RUMOR:

amare to the pistons for sheed and stuckey