PDA

View Full Version : Jake Peavy

scottie
12-12-2008, 03:53 PM
Am I the only person who is wants us to make a real push four Peavy? Or does anyone believe his style wont go well in the AL Central?

I think we should go get this guy! Trade Sheff (pay part of his salary) and prospects or Bonderman to get him. He has great stuff and would very much so upgrade our staff. By loosing Kenny and Jones, spending 1mil on Everett, we should have some money left to get this guy. I know we need relief, but hell a guy like peavy doesn't come often. With NY and Cleveland spending all there money on others, we should be able to grab this guy!

JMDTM
12-12-2008, 04:21 PM
do no trade bonderman. he is a good pitcher. i would take peavey but i would not give bonderman for him. i would give robertson and sheff though.

Bondomania
12-12-2008, 04:48 PM
This isn't fantasy sports.. the padres would laugh at those packages and hang up the phone.. first, Peavy has full no-trade protection and it is a small list of teams he will actually go to.. Detroit is unfortunatly not on that list. Second, to get Peavy, we are looking at giving up both Porcello and Iorg, and possible 1 or 2 more pitchers... so the first part eliminates detroit from getting him.. the second part would cripple the depth of the tigers farm system and would set us back a bit

mark1125
12-12-2008, 08:26 PM
Not to mention that Peavy would probably shoot down a trade to Detroit.

Robertson and Sheffield would not even net us a bag of sunflower seeds.

Moneytime27
12-12-2008, 08:58 PM
San Diego's owner is getting a divorce thus shedding payroll, Nate Robertson and Gary Sheffield not only would it make the Padres worse trading their ace but it would increase their payroll

bloomerfan1
12-13-2008, 07:38 AM
Not to mention that Peavy would probably shoot down a trade to Detroit.

Robertson and Sheffield would not even net us a bag of sunflower seeds.

Have to agree on the sunflower seeds on Robertson he would do better at a 2 innings maximum IMO Sheff if healthy will help the team this year hopefully he doesnt whine about how great an outfielder he is and should be playing