PDA

View Full Version : Boris Diaw may not be a Bobcat for long...

JakeDelbreezy
12-12-2008, 03:36 PM
There's already a rumor swirling that Boris Diaw could be on the move....from SI.com. They state it's Diaw is a D'Antoni favorite and it's possible a Diaw for D-Lee switch could happen...

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/nba

GunFactor187
12-12-2008, 03:51 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2167~1717~2772&teams=18~30~30&te=&cash=

^^ maybe that could be a possible move, and maybe put a future 2nd rounder in there with Diaw to NYK?

DerekRE_3
12-12-2008, 04:01 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2167~1717~2772&teams=18~30~30&te=&cash=

^^ maybe that could be a possible move, and maybe put a future 2nd rounder in there with Diaw to NYK?

Why would the Bobcats want Jared Jeffires awful contract?

29$JerZ
12-12-2008, 04:06 PM
I doubt Knicks trade for Diaw, Mike would love him back but Donnie wants Cap. Also we only trade Lee for a pick or to remove a bad contract, so that wouldn't make sense.

Not really sure what's happening anymore but I hope I don't see Diaw in a Knicks uniform.

GunFactor187
12-12-2008, 04:15 PM
Why would the Bobcats want Jared Jeffires awful contract?

Jeffries may have an ugly contract but he still is a quality contributor though...but if you think contractually I think this would please you somewhat...

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=383~2772~2167&teams=30~30~18&te=&cash=

DerekRE_3
12-12-2008, 04:32 PM
Getting 5 points and 4 boards a game while shooting 39% isn't really worth the 6 mil he gets a year.

John Salmons is a guy that the Bobcats should go after. He makes as much as Jeffries does but gets 19 ppg on 51% shooting and is a solid defender. In his last game he played 40 minutes, and not only was the Kings main scoring option, but he also got the task of guarding Kobe all game long. He held Kobe to 9-25 shooting.

black1605
12-12-2008, 04:48 PM
It will be Lee and either Curry or Rose i bet.

homestarunner93
12-12-2008, 05:39 PM
We won't even trade him, in my opinion. If you look at the article, it says:

But now, you could see a scenario - perhaps one that would include David Lee being shipped out - where Diaw is wearing a Knicks uniform.

Its just the writer making up some crap to make people talk about it. It won't happen. The key phrase is: "you could see a scenario". This means that he's got no credible source that believes a deal has even been mentioned.

DerekRE_3
12-12-2008, 05:51 PM
I can make up a legit rumor right now....

Rumor has that with Kevin Martin's injury struggles, a possible scenario is that Geoff Petrie looks to deal the swingman at the deadline.

See....it's easy.

JakeDelbreezy
12-12-2008, 11:59 PM
Of course it's all rumors.... But we have to hold out some kind of hope that the Bobcats going to make a trade at some point that improves the club....Trading for Raja Bell, Boris Diaw and Sean Singletary while signing Juwan Howard doesn't necessarily improve the Cats. Sure each player is nice in their own respect...but nobody is going to dance in the streets over these moves....

homestarunner93
12-13-2008, 03:26 AM
Of course it's all rumors.... But we have to hold out some kind of hope that the Bobcats going to make a trade at some point that improves the club....Trading for Raja Bell, Boris Diaw and Sean Singletary while signing Juwan Howard doesn't necessarily improve the Cats. Sure each player is nice in their own respect...but nobody is going to dance in the streets over these moves....

But trading Diaw for Lee+Curry would make us even worse...I don't necessarily think the J-Rich trade was bad for us. We lost a pure scorer, and came one step closer to being a TEAM.

yoloboy87
12-13-2008, 03:53 PM
a deal with the kings could work.

JakeDelbreezy
12-14-2008, 11:09 AM
But trading Diaw for Lee+Curry would make us even worse...I don't necessarily think the J-Rich trade was bad for us. We lost a pure scorer, and came one step closer to being a TEAM.

The thing is the Bobcats have limited pieces to use to make them a better team. J-Rich was one of those pieces. Diaw and Raja Bell are Ok players, especially on the defensive end. I don't mind having them on the team...but trading J-Rich and putting either Raja Bell or Ray Felton at SG is a downgrade. Sure it improves the team defensively, but how are they going to score enough points? This was a robbing Peter to pay Paul move. I don't think it improved the team enough on defense to compensate for the loss on offense....and if they were to end up trading Crash for an offensive minded player then it's just tinkering for the sake of tinkering.

JJ81
12-14-2008, 04:23 PM
Good trade, David Lee is underrated.

homestarunner93
12-14-2008, 04:33 PM
The thing is the Bobcats have limited pieces to use to make them a better team. J-Rich was one of those pieces. Diaw and Raja Bell are Ok players, especially on the defensive end. I don't mind having them on the team...but trading J-Rich and putting either Raja Bell or Ray Felton at SG is a downgrade. Sure it improves the team defensively, but how are they going to score enough points? This was a robbing Peter to pay Paul move. I don't think it improved the team enough on defense to compensate for the loss on offense....and if they were to end up trading Crash for an offensive minded player then it's just tinkering for the sake of tinkering.

No, its tinkering to make Larry Brown happy.

thephoenixson28
12-15-2008, 01:51 PM
I heard that you guys might trade boris diaw and raja bell for david lee and eddy curry.

Bwangster12
12-16-2008, 02:41 PM
Lee and Curry for Diaw? No way. What proof do we have to even assume Diaw on his own is more valuable than David Lee? I can't imagine the Knicks moving David Lee for Boris Diaw. Sorry...

nygiants242
12-16-2008, 02:43 PM
David Lee is a beast.. but I still think that the Bobcats should keep Diaw because look.. he posted what 23 points last night? He should've taken a lot less shots but I think that if they get a versatile big man like him involved that would reall help them.

Bwangster12
12-16-2008, 03:22 PM
I think David Lee's "emergence" since Zach Randolph was traded confirms what a lot of people already knew. David Lee is in fact a beast. He will get you atleast 10 rebounds on a bad night and score about 10 pts at minimum off of tip ins and layups.

Last night was the first time I saw him taking and hitting his jump shot with consistency.

homestarunner93
12-16-2008, 05:56 PM
Diaw dropped 25 last night, I sure hope we don't trade him for that crap. I don't see why the Knicks would be interested, he's got like three years and 9 million per on his contract which would conflict all the moves have made this year. Sorry, but I'd say there's no chance he gets traded to the Knicks.

HOZ THE KNICK
12-16-2008, 07:54 PM
we do not want diaw he can stay with the bobcats.

HOZ THE KNICK
12-16-2008, 07:56 PM
I heard that you guys might trade boris diaw and raja bell for david lee and eddy curry.
no no no they can have curry and malik but lee is getting traded for a 1st rder.

homestarunner93
12-16-2008, 11:37 PM
no no no they can have curry and malik but lee is getting traded for a 1st rder.

Yeah, let's trade you some ultra talented guys for ********. Sounds like a fantastic deal. :rolleyes:

JakeDelbreezy
12-17-2008, 09:15 AM
I was critical of the Diaw move at first, but if he continues to play the way he has the last two games with his low post scoring and great passing along with solid Defense...then I will gladly eat my words. Note to Knicks fans: We don't want Eddy Curry. Our team may not have a winning record, but we don't the Knicks trash. The Knicks have some nice players...Eddy Curry isn't one of them though.

nygiants242
12-17-2008, 09:16 AM
I was critical of the Diaw move at first, but if he continues to play the way he has the last two games with his low post scoring and great passing along with solid Defense...then I will gladly eat my words. Note to Knicks fans: We don't want Eddy Curry. Our team may not have a winning record, but we don't the Knicks trash. The Knicks have some nice players...Eddy Curry isn't one of them though.

He needs to take less shots.. and play better defense IMO
but overall he's versatile which is great for the Bobcats

sunsalltheway03
12-17-2008, 10:57 PM
Diaw dropped 25 last night, I sure hope we don't trade him for that crap. I don't see why the Knicks would be interested, he's got like three years and 9 million per on his contract which would conflict all the moves have made this year. Sorry, but I'd say there's no chance he gets traded to the Knicks.

Because Diaw and Bell fit D'Antoni's system perfectly. Which is why they're best years were in Phoenix. Yeah they had Nash, but Diaw is a playmaker, which is very important in any system. Especially in MD's.

Now, Diaw didn't surprise me putting up 25. He is very talented. But I question his work ethic. If he can stay determined, which is a major IF, then you want him on your team. But the Suns didn't trade him because they were trying to give the Bobcats an early Christmas present.

I can see Diaw playing very well in New York, but Harrington might affect his performance. That will be interesting to see if it happens.

GreatMustachio
12-18-2008, 04:49 AM
Boris Diaw scored around 20 points the last 2 games for the bobcats. The reason his numbers were so low with the suns is because that team is loaded and he was stuck behind some stars. Of course his scoring is going to be low with all the other scorers on that team, and of course his rebounds are going to be low with Amare and Shaq. He has really impressed me as a bobcat. Not just scoring and rebounding, but the way he handles the ball and is able to dish it to Emeka.
And also, i dont understand why everyone is making all this stuff up about the bobcats not being able to score because J Rich is gone. Im pretty sure they just put up 110 without Raja, and Gerald Wallace. 100 in regualtion. As much as people hate to admit it, losing Jason Richardson and giving Augustin more minutes doesnt hurt us at all. He is just as good of scorer and he can do more things on the court and make more things happen. Plus we now have a more complete team with a true 4 that compliments Emeka beautifully and is very athletic. The cats are fine. And going by the last 3 games, they are a better team.

king4day
12-18-2008, 09:39 AM

Diaw is already showing what he did for the Suns in 05-06, with the Cats.
Lee can bring energy/rebounding.
Diaw can bring scoring in multiple ways. He may not rebound like Lee, but he's still capable.
Lee alone is not worth a first rounder.
If the Bobcats are taking Lee AND Curry's contract, and you are asking for a first rounder as well, then your over valuing Lee's worth.
They are lookin to off Curry's contract and will part with Lee if that's what it means. Keep in mind he's a FA after this season (Lee). They aren't getting a first for a potential rental. Especially when you receive someone who can improve ur team in ways he is helping the Bobcats right now.

IMO, Diaw is more valuable than Lee would be to te Cats anyway. No reason lose risk a future pick for a rebounder.

JakeDelbreezy
12-18-2008, 09:40 AM
And also, i dont understand why everyone is making all this stuff up about the bobcats not being able to score because J Rich is gone. Im pretty sure they just put up 110 without Raja, and Gerald Wallace. 100 in regualtion.

I don't think anyone is "making all this stuff up" as you say. In the last game they scored 110 as you stated (against a Chicago team that is giving up a whopping 102 points a game this year). However, the two games before that they scored 79 and 86 respectively. I was critical of the trade, and now I'm also willing to eat my words if Diaw keeps playing this way but I still think they're going to struggle to be consistent on offense as one good game doesn't make them an offensive juggernaut. They're going to have to hang their hat on their D and hope they can score just enough to win. Currently they're 5th in the league in opposition scoring at 93.6....unfortunately they are last in scoring at 90 a game....hopefully, they can improve upon the latter.

king4day
12-18-2008, 09:51 AM
I don't think anyone is "making all this stuff up" as you say. In the last game they scored 110 as you stated (against a Chicago team that is giving up a whopping 102 points a game this year). However, the two games before that they scored 79 and 86 respectively. I was critical of the trade, and now I'm also willing to eat my words if Diaw keeps playing this way but I still think they're going to struggle to be consistent on offense as one good game doesn't make them an offensive juggernaut. They're going to have to hang their hat on their D and hope they can score just enough to win. Currently they're 5th in the league in opposition scoring at 93.6....unfortunately they are last in scoring at 90 a game....hopefully, they can improve upon the latter.

I expect them to deal Wallace only before this deadline comes.
They showed (although against a subpar team) that they can play without Wallace. Now they need a closer.
I don't know if it'd make sense, but someone like Josh Howard. Not sure the Mavs would do that though.

GreatMustachio
12-19-2008, 12:39 AM
I don't think anyone is "making all this stuff up" as you say. In the last game they scored 110 as you stated (against a Chicago team that is giving up a whopping 102 points a game this year). However, the two games before that they scored 79 and 86 respectively.

Obviously they arent going to score 100 points every night. No team is.
Yeah, they only got 79, and 86 the previous 2 games but were they were still with both great teams at the end. I dont think that if J Rich was there they would have won either. They wouldve givin up more points. The guys that are filling the hole left by J Rich are scoring just as much as he was. Im not saying that will always be the case, but being on a young team in a new environment i think these guys are going to take a leadership role and score a lot better than they were in Pheonix. Im just hoping. And from what ive seen i think the Bobcats will be just fine. Oh and Hollins needs more minutes.
He is a complete beast on a mission. Gotta love the Grasshopper

JakeDelbreezy
12-19-2008, 08:51 AM
Obviously they arent going to score 100 points every night. No team is.

The Bobcats as designed by LB aren't planning on winning any shootouts...He want's them to play tough D and do the little stuff. Which is fine...but when the squad only scores around 90 pts a game while giving up nearly 94 then something has got to give...Diaw has played great in the few games...Raja Bell has not....Singletary was a nice throw in with some future potential. I'm beginning to like Diaw, while I think Bell is now just a decent role player at best....but we still need someone who on any given night can just fill it up.