PDA

View Full Version : With the emergence of Paul Millsap should the Jazz trade Boozer now?

JordansBulls
12-12-2008, 12:36 PM
I seriously don't see them trying to resign Boozer this offseason especially considering that Boozer will demand at least 15+ million a year. Hell if Arenas can get 18.5 million a year for 6 years then I am sure Boozer can as well.

With the way Millsap has been playing and considering he plays the same position as Boozer, would it make sense for the Jazz to get something in return now for Carlos Boozer instead of losing him to free agency?

The Prodigy
12-12-2008, 12:59 PM
i say wait till the dead line because they can still use him to boost theyre record and plus millsap is a better defender ne ways

DrDEADalready
12-12-2008, 01:01 PM
Millsap is a beast. I like millsap more than Boozer. but if theres anyway we could keep them both i'd do it. but i'd be fine with trading him as well.

Gibby23
12-12-2008, 01:06 PM
I would but what do they need. I would say for Marion, but then they would have to move AK? I would trade Boozer though, I think Milsap will be just as good in a year or 2.

futureman
12-12-2008, 01:24 PM
I told you this before, If the jazz trade boozer and take on anything other than a expiring contract, we could lose Millsap next summer as well. If the Jazz were to make such a move, that would mean that they are hell bent on giving Millsap an extension.

The Jazz would be very stupid to make a trade that would make it possible for them to lose Millsap.

But if you had both of these guys on the bulls, would you trade either of them? Not Me.

The Jazz will not move boozer because they won't get close to equal value for him. I'm willing to just let him walk next summer and we can always sign somebody like Leon Powe who fits our system. I think he would be a good backup for Millsap.

Master Mind
12-12-2008, 01:32 PM
Maybe this would work...

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=1703~2011~3196~510&teams=14~14~26~26&te=&cash=

Lakers4ItAll
12-12-2008, 01:36 PM
Trade his while they can hopefulyl for a expiring or someone that fills a position they need help in.

Boozer could help alot of Teams out

Gibby23
12-12-2008, 01:44 PM
I told you this before, If the jazz trade boozer and take on anything other than a expiring contract, we could lose Millsap next summer as well. If the Jazz were to make such a move, that would mean that they are hell bent on giving Millsap an extension.

The Jazz would be very stupid to make a trade that would make it possible for them to lose Millsap.

But if you had both of these guys on the bulls, would you trade either of them? Not Me.

The Jazz will not move boozer because they won't get close to equal value for him. I'm willing to just let him walk next summer and we can always sign somebody like Leon Powe who fits our system. I think he would be a good backup for Millsap.
Wouldn't Millsap be a restricted free agent? If so they can match whatever he gets. If not you are right.

black1605
12-12-2008, 01:47 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=1703~2011~568~1026&teams=30~30~26~26&te=&cash=

sportsnutzz
12-12-2008, 01:53 PM
But who are we going to trade him for that is honestly going to help out the Jazz? Its not like we have a huge problem at any position. Sure you could always improve. I just don't see the Jazz getting anything that would honestly help out. I agree with futureman, keep them both and if boozer walks so what. It will be that much more we can spend in FA, and the looming 2010 FA class will be huge. If the Jazz play it all right they could still have a very good team, money to spend and the Knicks first round pick that year :D

Master Mind
12-12-2008, 02:02 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=1703~2011~568~1026&teams=30~30~26~26&te=&cash=

Horrible trade!!! You're trying to plague the Jazz with those disgusting contracts...

daleja424
12-12-2008, 02:08 PM
Something involving booz and marion will prob make the most sense for the jazz

TheHoopsProphet
12-12-2008, 04:09 PM
Something involving booz and marion will prob make the most sense for the heat
fixed the typo

La11
12-12-2008, 04:27 PM
If you think Boozer is staying in Utah..your kidding yourself. Did you guys remember what he did to Cleveland? They were trying to award him but he bolted for more MONEY and He is OBVIOUSLY going to do the same with UTAH. Miami Heat will try to sign him with Marions Contract. He went to DUKE..what do you expect..lol hehehe

eugene
12-12-2008, 04:46 PM
if Jazz is going to try to contend this year then it doesn't make sense moving boozer right now... keep him and if successful then sign him again, if not then just let him to go... or trade him now for Marion and see what's gonna happen, maybe it's marion is a missing part right now

sportsnutzz
12-12-2008, 05:25 PM
If you think Boozer is staying in Utah..your kidding yourself. Did you guys remember what he did to Cleveland? They were trying to award him but he bolted for more MONEY and He is OBVIOUSLY going to do the same with UTAH. Miami Heat will try to sign him with Marions Contract. He went to DUKE..what do you expect..lol hehehe

So.....:confused:

Jonathan2323
12-12-2008, 05:28 PM
PLease Riley dont bring Boozer to Miami

sportsnutzz
12-12-2008, 05:29 PM

Why go to the work, Boozer will come walking over this summer ;)

fredv
12-12-2008, 05:34 PM
I would do it if I were the Jazz. Boozer is a good trading piece, many teams could be interested.

Kyben36
12-12-2008, 07:33 PM
What about this.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=1711~3030~1703~306&teams=26~26~4~4&te=&cash=

Add Gordon to the trade as well.( this would make the trade work as well ) would you guys be interested in this. This would give you a Good SG that expires if you dont want him. a PF to play off the bench with Millsap that expires. and another expiring so you can resign Millsap. Maybe through in a 1st round pick to get it done as well.

jimbobjarree
12-12-2008, 07:42 PM
Something involving booz and marion will prob make the most sense for the jazz

why would we trade Booz, a top post scorer for Marion, when they both walk in the summer anyway? I'd stick with Booz and let him walk than get Marion in, pretty stupid trade.

I dont know what the hell you are on about, nobody here is saying he will stay, I think we've all come to the conclusion that we trade him or let him walk.

I still think you guys need him, Beasley's a right softee, maybe he can play SF and Booz PF, unless your holding onto hopes of Bosh...

What about this.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=1711~3030~1703~306&teams=26~26~4~4&te=&cash=

Add Gordon to the trade as well.( this would make the trade work as well ) would you guys be interested in this. This would give you a Good SG that expires if you dont want him. a PF to play off the bench with Millsap that expires. and another expiring so you can resign Millsap. Maybe through in a 1st round pick to get it done as well.

thats so very ********

Personally I think we should trade him for a player who will help another area of the team, I saw a deal with Butler in it, I wouldn't mind him coming to Utah.

and has anyone considered the possibility of Boozer not opting out, its not wishful thinking as I think we should trade him, but if he didnt opt out he's be a free agent in the big 2010 free agency where he can probably go to any team he wants, while staying with Utah another season with a chance of winning a championship....fat chance though

MilfHunter07
12-12-2008, 07:47 PM
As long as Boozer doesn't end up in Miami I'm happy.

MilfHunter07
12-12-2008, 07:49 PM
why would we trade Booz, a top post scorer for Marion, when they both walk in the summer anyway? I'd stick with Booz and let him walk than get Marion in, pretty stupid trade.

I dont know what the hell you are on about, nobody here is saying he will stay, I think we've all come to the conclusion that we trade him or let him walk.

I still think you guys need him, Beasley's a right softee, maybe he can play SF and Booz PF, unless your holding onto hopes of Bosh...

thats so very ********

Personally I think we should trade him for a player who will help another area of the team, I saw a deal with Butler in it, I wouldn't mind him coming to Utah.

and has anyone considered the possibility of Boozer not opting out, its not wishful thinking as I think we should trade him, but if he didnt opt out he's be a free agent in the big 2010 free agency where he can probably go to any team he wants, while staying with Utah another season with a chance of winning a championship....fat chance though

Trust me you can Keep Boozer in my Opinion He's overrated give's you 24 but give's up 30 on defense so please go ahead and keep him and his soon to come chunky contract.:rolleyes:

superkegger
12-12-2008, 07:53 PM
I doubt it. I don't think many teams are going to risk trading for Boozer right now. he can walk after this year. why would you trade value for someone who can just say, nah, eff you. Its not like he hasn't done it before.

DerekRE_3
12-12-2008, 08:08 PM
Yeah they really aren't going to get much value for him. There's a way better chance they sign and trade him next year. I have a feeling he will walk for nothing though.

IversonIsKrazy
12-12-2008, 08:20 PM
i say just keep him, and if trade talk heats up, u gotta wait til the deal-line so u can pick up some good wins.

mrblisterdundee
12-12-2008, 08:36 PM
Utah remains a much deeper team by keeping them both. Boozer and Williams lead the starters. Kirilenko and Milsap lead the reserve squad. Utah's depth, with more experience, will wear out most other teams.

superkegger
12-12-2008, 08:40 PM
Yeah they really aren't going to get much value for him. There's a way better chance they sign and trade him next year. I have a feeling he will walk for nothing though.

Wouldn't shock me, and he can probably be had a bit cheaper as he won't have a huge bidding war over him as people are reserving cap space for 2010.

jgonboricua
12-12-2008, 08:41 PM
how about a trade with the bull??
maybe a package of ben gordon and noah???
or ben gordon and nocioni???

superkegger
12-12-2008, 08:58 PM
ben gordon is untradeable.

WntAbCEO
12-12-2008, 09:08 PM
A deal with the Pacers? Mike Dunleavy for Boozer maybe

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=1703~44~1708&teams=11~26~26&te=&cash=

sportsnutzz
12-12-2008, 09:17 PM
A deal with the Pacers? Mike Dunleavy for Boozer maybe

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=1703~44~1708&teams=11~26~26&te=&cash=

:puke:

superkegger
12-12-2008, 09:20 PM
:puke:

agreed. why would the jazz want dunleavy?

WntAbCEO
12-12-2008, 09:32 PM
because he fits there style

Tisoykeis
12-12-2008, 09:34 PM
Maybe this would work...

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=1703~2011~3196~510&teams=14~14~26~26&te=&cash=

I hate that Trade! I don't want Marion and I would take Korver over cook any day.

jimbobjarree
12-12-2008, 09:45 PM
lol Dunleavy...crazy guy

superkegger
12-12-2008, 09:49 PM
because he fits there style

:eyebrow:

A couple things.

Boozer is a pf, and an alll star pf at that. Dunleavy is an ok sf.

The jazz lose big time in terms of talent, as well as value. all star bigs don't just fall out of the sky, trading boozer for less than another all star, or two very good role guys is worthless.

Second. Dunleavy is currently injured, so no team is going to trade for him

third. Dunleavy is a more expensive and less efficient kyle korver. they have no need for him.

WntAbCEO
12-12-2008, 10:15 PM
sounds like you were trying to dump Boozer, ???Dunleavy is a more expensive and less efficient kyle korver? What?????
korver is a pure shoter and doesn't produce his own shot where Dunleavy drives spots up and creates Dunleavy should have been most improved player and scores bout 20 ppgs, and is extreamly underrated

NYMetros
12-12-2008, 10:18 PM
I don't think so. Boozer will still be crucial come playoff time.

superkegger
12-12-2008, 10:19 PM
sounds like you were trying to dump Boozer, ???Dunleavy is a more expensive and less efficient kyle korver? What?????
korver is a pure shoter and doesn't produce his own shot where Dunleavy drives spots up and creates Dunleavy should have been most improved player and scores bout 20 ppgs, and is extreamly underrated

they jazz don't need him at all though. they have deron who creates for everyone, and AK can do that as well. the jazz shouldn't be trying to dump him unless they know hes opting out and not coming back. which they don't. dunleavy in no way is a trade option.

Lost Art
12-12-2008, 10:24 PM
Not sure about that one. Boozer is still there best player IMO and is putting up incredible #'s once again this season. He's a 20/12 guy in 33 minutes........that's pretty damn good. And with Deron struggling this year, I don't know if the Jazz could afford to lose him. But if they're looking to deal him I'm sure that many many many teams would be interested.

superkegger
12-12-2008, 10:30 PM
Not sure about that one. Boozer is still there best player IMO and is putting up incredible #'s once again this season. He's a 20/12 guy in 33 minutes........that's pretty damn good. And with Deron struggling this year, I don't know if the Jazz could afford to lose him. But if they're looking to deal him I'm sure that many many many teams would be interested.

If he were on he block, I've no doubt there would be interest. I just wonder if anyone would really be willing to part with the amount of talent he demands in return. I mean, how much talent are you willing to part with for a guy who could be a 1/2 season rental? I've no doubt about interest, just about if teams would actually ante up enough to convince the Jazz to deal him away.