PDA

View Full Version : is devin harris overrated

shatty
12-12-2008, 11:06 AM
Am i the only one who saw this guy ripped to shreads by a U.K streetballer on utube. If you havent seen it D .H gets his *** handed to him by a kid who looks like your annoying 14 year old brother lol.I know hes been killin it this year and i give him props, but im hearing mvp talk and hearing hes a top 3 point guard in the association, talk to me 3 years from now when teams figure him out and shut him down . feedback

PippensBulls
12-12-2008, 11:25 AM
Am i the only one who saw this guy ripped to shreads by a U.K streetballer on utube. If you havent seen it D .H gets his *** handed to him by a kid who looks like your annoying 14 year old brother lol.I know hes been killin it this year and i give him props, but im hearing mvp talk and hearing hes a top 3 point guard in the association, talk to me 3 years from now when teams figure him out and shut him down . feedback

oh yeah LeBron got owned by a factory worker he must suck too :rolleyes:

J-Relo
12-12-2008, 11:35 AM
well i don't overrate him , i even thought people underrate him, maybe i just don't go to these forums often...

but still i don't think he is overrated...

jimbobjarree
12-12-2008, 11:35 AM
he torched an injured deron williams and now everyone thinks he's an elite guard, meh, we'll see in a few years

still1ballin
12-12-2008, 11:39 AM
Underated

JJ_JKidd
12-12-2008, 11:41 AM

U a kid or something??? Man grow up... Underrated is the word youre looking for...

Sport
12-12-2008, 11:45 AM
I always thought he was underrated and the Nets got a steal in that Kidd trade.

He isnt overrated, Id say he is underrated.

shatty
12-12-2008, 11:53 AM
jose calderone is a much better guard who is truely underated hes leading the leuge in assists and no one talks about him

NYKnickFanatic
12-12-2008, 11:54 AM
He is definitely not OVERRATED.
His name isnt Rajon Rondo. :)

Er1c
12-12-2008, 12:01 PM
Underrated

barreleffact
12-12-2008, 12:02 PM
jose calderone is a much better guard who is truely underated hes leading the leuge in assists and no one talks about him

or maybe...just maybe....Calderon's team is idk....underachieving while Harris' is overachieving? Just a thought. Plus, Calderon is putting up the same numbers as last year. IDK about others but I didnt think Harris would be close to this good. The man is a freak.

and about your first post about the "kid" that beat him....he was told the kid was mentally slow. from what ive read he was at an nba cares event or something and dude comes out of nowhere. the dude was neither a kid nor was he a scrub. he was a grown euro baller.

shatty
12-12-2008, 12:12 PM
wow i had no idea this was the devin harris fan club site, im not saying hes not good, im jus sayin hes not an elite player yet. And ppl say him and danny granger are under the rader anyone who watches ball nos these guys can put up #s

nygiants242
12-12-2008, 12:12 PM
no hes finally getting credit hes due

StraightBallin
12-12-2008, 12:20 PM
No he is definitely overrated. He's had a good quarter of a season in his whole career. If putting a guy in the top 5 pgs that's been in the league for 5 years but only had 20 very good games isn't overrating him than I don't know WTF is.

NYKnickFanatic
12-12-2008, 12:22 PM

Uhm Calderon isnt leading the league in assists...

1. Chris Paul
2. Deron Williams
3. Jose Calderon
4. Chris Duhon
5. Jason Kidd

Know your facts buddy.

PLAYER NAME, TEAM NAME GP MPG AST APG TO TOPG AP48M AST/TO
1 Chris Paul , NOH 18 37.1 215 11.9 51 2.8 15.4 4.22
2 Deron Williams , UTA 11 32.4 113 10.3 39 3.5 15.2 2.9
3 Jose Calderon , TOR 19 35.8 180 9.5 39 2.1 12.7 4.62
4 Chris Duhon , NYK 22 40.3 189 8.6 59 2.7 10.2 3.2
5 Jason Kidd , DAL 21 36.1 180 8.6 62 3.0 11.4 2.9

JordansBulls
12-12-2008, 12:30 PM
I don't see how he is overrated. What more do you expect from him? How much more does a PG need to average?

theuuord
12-12-2008, 01:17 PM
I don't see how he is overrated. What more do you expect from him? How much more does a PG need to average?

Apparently here, people would rather have a PG that score 10 points and has 9 assists a game then have a PG that scores 25 and has 6 assists a game.

It's mind-boggling.

(I'm generalizing here, but you get my point.)

ink
12-12-2008, 01:28 PM
Apparently here, people would rather have a PG that score 10 points and has 9 assists a game then have a PG that scores 25 and has 6 assists a game.

It's mind-boggling.

(I'm generalizing here, but you get my point.)

The way you described Harris' play to me recently made me want to watch him again. We'll see him tonight. If he's able to play within a team game and facilitate for his teammates I have no problem with him. He's having a great start to the season which has pushed him to the top of the East's PG list. No reason to begrudge him that.

dee279
12-12-2008, 01:54 PM
damn dis doode just broke out and people already callin him overated nobody even gave him time to be rated becuz before he was known as a good player and a good defender so so no he is not overrated and underrated would be the word to use.

MooseWithFleas
12-12-2008, 02:23 PM
You cant go from underrated to overrated in one year. The guy is performing really well and fans of the NBA are giving him his props. Until he starts sucking and people still consider him as a great combo, then he is not overrated

theuuord
12-12-2008, 02:24 PM
The way you described Harris' play to me recently made me want to watch him again. We'll see him tonight. If he's able to play within a team game and facilitate for his teammates I have no problem with him. He's having a great start to the season which has pushed him to the top of the East's PG list. No reason to begrudge him that.

I highly suggest it. Watching him so far this season has been a dream.

Remember that the offense the Nets run is a dribble-drive, which means that you'll see a lot of slashes to the basket and a lot of passes out. If you saw the Nets-Raptors game (I think you're a Raptors fan, I forget), you saw Carter and Harris do that a lot. Harris stepped back a little because it was Carter's night, but Harris still had five assists in that game (including two memorable ones to Carter for long jumpers near the end of regulation, and a GREAT one to Hayes in OT).

shatty
12-12-2008, 02:29 PM
i think we actually agree! lol, i would rather have 15 and 10 out of my PG than 26 and 6.billups#s arnt amazing but he made melo great.

td0tsfinest
12-12-2008, 03:02 PM

You must be a kid. One on One is a lot different than NBA. I'm sure a guy Rafer "Skip to My Lou" Alston could break some serious ankles. This UK dude might be able to do it a few times but do you honestly think he could do the same for an entire game with 7 foot guys infront of him.

Would I consider him top 3 PG in the NBA, no. But the way he's playing he deserves it, he's an allstar caliber player and if the Nets get a high ranked playoff seat, Devin is going to get some serious recognition for MVP.

And if you think people will stop him 3 years from now, they might and that all depends on Devin. He's relatively young and he can still improve on a lot of skills mainly the mid-range and 3pt shooting.

C_Mund
12-12-2008, 03:07 PM
It seems like every fan wants to just pump up their players' best statistical category as though it's as important as wins and losses.
Look:
Chris Paul puts up the best stat line and leads the league in assists. Therefore he is the best.
On the other hand, Deron Williams schools Paul one-on-one. Therefore HE is the best.
Rajon Rondo won a championship last year, so since he's the pg on the best team he's the best pg, right?
But wait, doesn't Jose Calderon have a great assist-to-turnover ratio? It's obvious that this makes HIM the best.
Yet, Devin Harris gets to the line with the best of 'em, so he's gotta be the best of 'em, right?
Seriously. It doesn't come down to numbers or even wins and losses. Unless it's plainly obvious, there is NO way to judge the "best" point guard because it's a matter of opinion.
....sorry to digress, but in answer to the question, Devin Harris is NOT overrated, and he can't really be called underrated anymore. People are realizing how good he is but haven't seen enough to base a firm opinion.
But I'm going to lay it out for y'all here: he's dope.

JJ81
12-12-2008, 03:15 PM
Damn him getting beat 2 - 0 against some guy doesn't mean anything at all. Everyone knows that if he was actually trying, he would have gone 11 - 2 against that guy the rest of the way.

That has nothing to do with the NBA come on!

JIDsanity
12-12-2008, 03:17 PM
How would he be overrated?

SteveNash
12-12-2008, 05:48 PM
He's underrated right now. He'll probably be overrated by the end of the year.

NYMetros
12-12-2008, 05:51 PM
Definitely not overrated.

PippensBulls
12-12-2008, 06:12 PM
He's underrated right now. He'll probably be overrated by the end of the year.

Definitely agree.

Same goes with Biedrins.

SUNDUNDIDIT
12-12-2008, 06:12 PM
You must be a kid. One on One is a lot different than NBA. I'm sure a guy Rafer "Skip to My Lou" Alston could break some serious ankles. This UK dude might be able to do it a few times but do you honestly think he could do the same for an entire game with 7 foot guys infront of him.

EXACTLY.....Rafer Alston would embarass most players in the NBA in a streetball match or one on one game, but does that make him a great NBA player??? NO, because there's rules and limits in NBA officiating then there is in a city park or gym....I guarantee that UK kid wouldn't be **** in the NBA...You gotta be disciplined to play in the NBA.....Rafer Alston was a street legend in the streets I grew up, but he's really a nobody in the NBA which makes me sad and disappointed in a way, because I use to think streetballers were the best baskeball players in the world......

Devin is not overrated, he's provin himself....And to get stats like him consistently in the NBA, you got to be a good player.

ee
12-12-2008, 07:24 PM
are you serious man? the guy is on a team that allows his talent to flourish, that's all it is, he was never able to do this in dallas behind Nowitzki, Howard and Jason ****in Terry..... He's a surprising player and leading a team that's supposed to in the bottom of the East.....The guy can't even crack over 100,000 votes and you're calling him overrated.....

Mallpha
12-12-2008, 07:27 PM
25/6/3 how on earth is he overrated?! seriously no one is making the next.... what ever out of him he just gets the attention he deservs that doesnt mean his overrated by any means.

HiphopRelated
12-12-2008, 07:36 PM
lol @ the reason given

lay of the pcp

superkegger
12-12-2008, 08:10 PM

what league is that?

Damn him getting beat 2 - 0 against some guy doesn't mean anything at all. Everyone knows that if he was actually trying, he would have gone 11 - 2 against that guy the rest of the way.

That has nothing to do with the NBA come on!

Yeah, and if i remember correctly, harris really had no idea what the deal was, i believe he was told he was a mentally challenged kid. One bucket doesn't really mean a whole lot.

_Sn1P3r_
12-12-2008, 08:30 PM

Dude, he is 3rd last time I checked.

Nets fan 93
12-13-2008, 01:20 AM
he torched an injured deron williams and now everyone thinks he's an elite guard, meh, we'll see in a few years
Nah... it was also against Nash, Calderon and AI(played PG against him so yeah...)

If anything he is severely underrated... The Nets don't, I mean don't win without him socring at least 20+... VC alone can't help this team... If Harris was injured, we would lose the game badly... if VC was injured.. we would have a chance with Harris, I knowit... he just explodes Offensively...

You also might here... "oh he only averages 6 asts... he is a SG in a
pg body.."

Well that's wrong... I'm sure him as well as anyone else on the team knows we cannot win w/o him scoring... He HAS to score... 6 asts is pretty decent for a 25ppg scorer(4th in the League) He is a floor leader, and an excellent dribbler.

How Ridnour has more votes just boggles my mind :pity:

Sports Illustrator
12-13-2008, 01:25 AM
Overrated? Certainly not. Prior to this season, he was underrated but fans are now starting to see what Devin Harris is really made of and what he can do in this league. He is starting to prove himself a lot more thus far and he will only continue to improve as time goes along.

JBaller
12-13-2008, 01:36 AM
nopr