PDA

View Full Version : Bell, Diaw, Singeltary to make Bobcats debuts Saturday

Sox Appeal
12-12-2008, 08:51 AM
Source: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3763665

DALLAS -- Raja Bell, Boris Diaw and Sean Singletary are expected to make their Charlotte Bobcats debuts Saturday night in Detroit, coach Larry Brown said Thursday -- a day after the three players were acquired a trade with the Phoenix Suns.

Phoenix sent Bell, Diaw and Singletary to Charlotte on Wednesday for Jason Richardson, Jared Dudley and a 2010 second-round draft pick.

Before the Bobcats played the Dallas Mavericks on Thursday night, Brown said the players should be in uniform Saturday night in Detroit, provided they pass physical exams set for Friday.

"I spoke to everybody, and I think the guys from Phoenix are excited about coming," Brown said. "They're all good guys and will add something to our ballclub."

Raymond Felton has replaced Richardson at shooting guard. Richardson was Charlotte's leading scorer this season at 18.7 points per game.

homestarunner93
12-12-2008, 10:12 AM
Raymond Felton has replaced Richardson at shooting guard. Richardson was Charlotte's leading scorer this season at 18.7 points per game.

:puke:
Point guard or no guard for Felton, please?

DerekRE_3
12-12-2008, 01:55 PM
I really don't understand why we have insisted on playing Felton at the 2 so much. We've had 3 coaches and they all did it. I've always seen him as a point guard, he doesn't shoot well enough to be a 2 guard.

homestarunner93
12-12-2008, 05:42 PM
I really don't understand why we have insisted on playing Felton at the 2 so much. We've had 3 coaches and they all did it. I've always seen him as a point guard, he doesn't shoot well enough to be a 2 guard.

Yeah, Felton is a pure PG. I don't know why they continue to play him at SG. They might as well play Augustin there, even though he's pretty much a pure PG he at least makes some shots and is a much better scorer. All this being said, I'm excited to see the three guys make their debut.

king4day
12-15-2008, 01:27 PM
I was at this game. Picked up a Bell jersey (Which will probably be retro soon if the trade rumors are true).
They both looked bad but it was clearly due to not knowing the system.