PDA

View Full Version : Rule 5

mark1125
12-11-2008, 07:53 PM
Looks like the Tigers lost Skelton to the D-Backs and picked up Kyle Bloom from Pitt.

Bloom is a LH pitcher who started in the minors with so-so results. I guess he had a nice stint in the Hawaiin league this winter.

I think he may have a hard time sticking, but if they Tigers don']t add more pitching, he just may.

Yes, We Deliver
12-11-2008, 10:20 PM
I admittedly know absolutely nothing about Bloom, but from the sound of it, he has a decent shot at making the club.

I wasn't pleased with Detroit leaving Skelton off their 40-man roster, however. He was their catcher of the future, IMO.

mark1125
12-11-2008, 11:15 PM
I admittedly know absolutely nothing about Bloom, but from the sound of it, he has a decent shot at making the club.

I wasn't pleased with Detroit leaving Skelton off their 40-man roster, however. He was their catcher of the future, IMO.

Unless the D-Backs trade Montero or Skelton completely dominates, I think he will be sent back to us.

As for Bloom, I think the same can be said. He is 25 and has had mixed minor league results. In winter ball, he lit it up hence the pick. He is a lefty, so I would like to see him get a shot if we don't sign Beimel.

hoog
12-12-2008, 08:42 AM
Mark, I'm with you. I don't see Skelton sticking. Not enough experience or size to stay with the big club yet. I think DD knew this and that's why he was left unprotected. As for Bloom, same thing. He's actually 26 and has not pitched above Double A yet (I believe). He's making the switch to reliever from starter and can the Tigers really afford to "carry" someon in their pen?