PDA

View Full Version : Matt cassel back with patriots

Crickr
12-11-2008, 06:08 PM
MATT CASSEL BACK WITH PATRIOTS
Posted by Michael David Smith on December 11, 2008, 4:35 p.m.
New England Patriots quarterback Matt Cassel was back at practice today, three days after his father died. He is expected to play Sunday against the Raiders.

Although Cassel did not speak to reporters, his teammates said they were glad to be there to support him.

“Maybe being around the guys might ease [things] a bit,” fullback Heath Evans told Christopher L. Gasper of the Boston Globe. “I don’t know that for a fact. [But when I saw him this morning] I kind of wanted to wrap my arms around him and tell him I love him. At this time, that’s about the only thing you can know how to do. Hopefully, we can be of some encouragement to him and that helps him out.”

Funeral services for Greg Cassel will take place on Monday.

scource PFT

bosox1899
12-11-2008, 07:22 PM
really dont think a new thread is necessary, just put this in the "Cassell's father passed away" thread, anyways cool but i really dont care :shrug:

The Intimidator
12-11-2008, 08:56 PM
Great news. We stand a chance on Sunday now.

Crickr
12-11-2008, 09:15 PM
really dont think a new thread is necessary, just put this in the "Cassell's father passed away" thread, anyways cool but i really dont care :shrug:

The other thread is about Matt's dad passing ( god rest his soul) and this one is about Matt returning to the team . This thread belongs right where it is.......

Patsfan56
12-12-2008, 09:24 AM
Great news, thanks Crickr.

Sounds like Matt is well liked on the team, and hopefully their support helps him out.

ERLynx
12-12-2008, 11:33 AM
The other thread is about Matt's dad passing ( god rest his soul) and this one is about Matt returning to the team . This thread belongs right where it is.......

agreed cricks.