PDA

View Full Version : Lebron James' weight

wwwhat
12-11-2008, 05:34 PM
Watching the Cavs-76ers game yesterday an announcer said Lebron now weighs 274 pounds. By comparison, Dwight Howard is 2-3 inches taller and 10 pounds less, Yao Ming is 10 inches taller and only 30 pounds heavier. The amount of muscle on Lebron is ridiculous, he's as dense as steel.

Is there any other player in the NBA with anything close to Lebron's physique (even in smaller stature)?

NYMetros
12-11-2008, 05:35 PM
Watching the Cavs-76ers game yesterday an announcer said Lebron now weighs 274 pounds. By comparison, Dwight Howard is 2-3 inches taller and 10 pounds less, Yao Ming is 10 inches taller and only 30 pounds heavier. The amount of muscle on Lebron is ridiculous, he's as dense as steel.

Is there any other player in the NBA with anything close to Lebron's physique (even in smaller stature)?

Nope. LeBron's by far the most well-built player in basketball. It's kind of ridiculous.

He could probaly be a MLB in the NFL if he wanted to.

heyman321
12-11-2008, 05:45 PM
Joey Graham is pretty built.

Giaps
12-11-2008, 05:45 PM
Muscle weighs more than fat. That's all there is to it.

IndyRealist
12-11-2008, 05:46 PM
Height/weight ratios don't generally apply to athletes. I'd be surprised if Lebron had 8% body fat.

nygiants242
12-11-2008, 05:47 PM
Wow that is insane..I never knew he weighed that much

cmstophe
12-11-2008, 05:49 PM
Lebron denied the report. He said he's around 260, although Cavaliers beat writer Brian Windhorst says he is realistically about 265.

_Sn1P3r_
12-11-2008, 06:22 PM
Probably 'cause he's well built. I don't think Athletes look at it too much as they try to be built and not just fit for the most part.

BosoxPapi61
12-11-2008, 06:30 PM
3% body fat is terrible.

Go on a diet Lebron

JermanJaysFan
12-11-2008, 06:31 PM

Anywhere from 260-275 doesn't surprise me one bit for Lebron. He is a tank.
But since you compared him to Dwight, I will also say that I don't believe for a second that Dwight is only 265. That would mean that he has only put on 20 pounds since high school, which I think is unrealistic. The guy is built like a truck.
Here is him at 240 in HS: http://slamonline.com/online/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/dwight.jpg

And now: http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/5b/fullj.39809008bae1a5e6baa6b2900e40791f/39809008bae1a5e6baa6b2900e40791f-getty-83004722jf014_orlando_magic.jpg

Gibby23
12-11-2008, 06:34 PM
Nope. LeBron's by far the most well-built player in basketball. It's kind of ridiculous.

He could probaly be a MLB in the NFL if he wanted to.

He could play WR and TE with ease. I think he could also play FS because of his speed. Imagin a 6'9'' 274 pound guy with that kind of speed hitting someone at fuul speed when they don't see him coming.

mrblisterdundee
12-11-2008, 06:45 PM
Charles is the morbidely obese retiree giving him ****. That's as much of a statement about his ego as this article is about LeBron's training regimen.

da wood
12-11-2008, 06:49 PM
yeah he's a beast

Cubs Win
12-11-2008, 06:50 PM
LeBron is just one of those once in a lifetime athletes. 6'9 274!!! But yet he still retains that phenomenal athleticsm. If he could get his jumpshot as good as his power and driving skills, he would put up a fight w/ MJ.

superkegger
12-11-2008, 06:54 PM
I'd like to see him get on a scale with my own eyes. I've heard he weighs anywhere from 240-275 now.

ryguy2k7
12-11-2008, 07:00 PM
such a fatty

hotpotato1092
12-11-2008, 07:09 PM
he was a WR in high school, imagine if he went to the NFL, who could cover him? Or he could be a fullback and nobody could tackle him, or a linebacker and he'd beast everybody. Not saying he made the wrong choice in career but it's interesting to think about

blacknell
12-11-2008, 07:10 PM
nobody

penuch
12-11-2008, 07:11 PM
I could see him as a RB.

Shieldsz
12-11-2008, 07:12 PM
His physique is amazing... he has the perfect sport-body.

He could play NFL, NBA, or NHL... be a star in all of them. He has the speed to be a WR, the size to be a linebacker, the arm to be a quarterback, the strenght and legs of a running back.... he can play PG, SG, SF, PF , or C..

The man has it all.

cambovenzi
12-11-2008, 07:19 PM
His physique is amazing... he has the perfect sport-body.

He could play NFL, NBA, or NHL... be a star in all of them. He has the speed to be a WR, the size to be a linebacker, the arm to be a quarterback, the strength and legs of a running back.... he can play PG, SG, SF, PF , or C..

The man has it all.

i more than seriously doubt that.
especially not in the NHL. you dont even want to go there.

its not just speed and a weight # that you need to play football.
you need knowledge to know what your doing, and to be built in a certain way.
who says he could tackle, or run routes, or any of that? who says he can shed blocks on guys whose job is to block people? or take all those full contact hits and still be as fast or effective?
hes been playing basketball exclusively for how many years now? there is no way of telling what he would be in other sports leagues. simply being fast, big, and weighing alot is not enough.

lebron also cant really shoot.(pure SG? lol)
and isnt big enough to be an elite center.
but thats only a small part of what you said.

superkegger
12-11-2008, 07:21 PM
LeBron should be required to mate with top female athletes so those genes get passed on.

:hide:

ryguy2k7
12-11-2008, 07:22 PM
LeBron should be required to mate with top female athletes so those genes get passed on.

:hide:

yeah, he should **** the **** out of Mia Hamm

JJ81
12-11-2008, 07:32 PM
Shaq's obease too

J Dub82
12-11-2008, 07:41 PM
I'm sorry I just donít see how thatís possible. He is listed as 6'8 250 on the Cavs website and thatís pretty much exactly what he looks like. I love Lebron but thatís a little bit of an over exaggeration I imagine he weighs anywhere from 245 to 255 but not more than that. The dude is a specimen but come on 274 I think not.

Hawkeye15
12-11-2008, 07:43 PM
I doubt he weighs that. I would guess he is over 6'8" now, and around 265. And no, there is no combination in all of sports that blends size, strength, and athletic ability to his level. He is a freak

DODGERS&LAKERS
12-11-2008, 07:47 PM
He should be required to play with no shoes on. Its not fair for a freak like him to be in the NBA

infamous
12-11-2008, 07:56 PM
Wow :speechless: is it even possible that he will still grow? He is now 6'8 right? maybe reach 6'10 or 6'11?

Cavs_Fan24
12-11-2008, 08:05 PM
He is pretty monsterous, but i doubt he weighs THAT much. I'd say more around 260-265 at most.

wwwhat
12-11-2008, 08:05 PM
who says he could tackle, or run routes, or any of that? who says he can shed blocks on guys whose job is to block people? or take all those full contact hits and still be as fast or effective?
hes been playing basketball exclusively for how many years now? there is no way of telling what he would be in other sports leagues. simply being fast, big, and weighing alot is not enough.

In high school he was all-state WR twice (atleast, i can't remember if he got it his senior year) if he had diverted his attention to the NFL instead of NBA who knows what he could be? I see that he could be one of the fastest D-Ends in the League the way he's built.

Cavs_Fan24
12-11-2008, 08:07 PM
i more than seriously doubt that.
especially not in the NHL. you dont even want to go there.

lebron also cant really shoot.(pure SG? lol)
and isnt big enough to be an elite center.
but thats only a small part of what you said.

But i have no doubt he could beat anyone in the NHLs *** besides maybe the exception of Dion Phanuef or Chara.

wwwhat
12-11-2008, 08:07 PM
I'm sorry I just donít see how thatís possible. He is listed as 6'8 250 on the Cavs website and thatís pretty much exactly what he looks like. I love Lebron but thatís a little bit of an over exaggeration I imagine he weighs anywhere from 245 to 255 but not more than that. The dude is a specimen but come on 274 I think not.

ESPN's announcer said that someone snooped in the Cavs locker room pre-game and saw him weigh in at 274. Who's to know really, but the guy's still growing apparently and it's just unfair :P

sugarrayray
12-11-2008, 08:22 PM
wow....i just really do not believe that he weighs more than dwight howard

oballers
12-11-2008, 08:39 PM
Hate to be the pessimist in the room but he reaks of HGH. Has for years.

DODGERS&LAKERS
12-11-2008, 08:41 PM

I doubt it but he does have a friggin HUGE HEAD!!!:speechless:

ARMIN12NBA
12-11-2008, 08:42 PM
LOL. I was saying the same thing when I was watching the game with a few of my buddies. I was saying this guy is a MONSTER. The most athletic player I have ever seen. The dude is a tank. He just barrels over people. Imagine if he had a mediocre shot and any type of post move. He would easily dominate the league. Too bad though. He is definitely a freak in terms of athleticism.

BTW--It was pretty hilarious. My friend was arguing the whole entire time that Lebron HAD to have taken steroids and there was no possible way any human can be built that way. That is ridiculous, but if that was somehow true then that would be the biggest steroid scandal ever IMO.

ARMIN12NBA
12-11-2008, 08:43 PM

That would explain the crazy growth in size over the years. I mean, who keeps growing at age 24?

dre1990
12-11-2008, 08:54 PM
he couldnt do thoughs dunks if he was overweight. its mucsle

LakersfaninSC
12-11-2008, 09:00 PM
Its obvious Lebron James in on HGH! No kid comes straight out of high school built like that. How else can you explain him having that much muscle at that young of an age. Immpossible without some sort of steroid. I think the NBA should be under alot of scrutiny for it. No national writer has the balls to speak the truth, just because the NBA wants Lebron to be the poster boy. I also hate that new commercial with the chalk cloud being thrown in the air, they act like Lebron started that. NO! Jordan started doing that and then KG did it as a tribute to Jordan! The NBA and David Stern are so full of S**t! And why is he called King James, hes never won a damn thing, not even his high school championship!

weebs
12-11-2008, 09:06 PM
Its obvious Lebron James in on HGH! No kid comes straight out of high school built like that. How else can you explain him having that much muscle at that young of an age. Immpossible without some sort of steroid. I think the NBA should be under alot of scrutiny for it. No national writer has the balls to speak the truth, just because the NBA wants Lebron to be the poster boy. I also hate that new commercial with the chalk cloud being thrown in the air, they act like Lebron started that. NO! Jordan started doing that and then KG did it as a tribute to Jordan! The NBA and David Stern are so full of S**t! And why is he called King James, hes never won a damn thing, not even his high school championship!
just because lebron is a beast and ridiculously huge for a high schooler when he came out doesn't mean he's on HGH. It just means he's a freak genetically. they exist, and they certainly don't have to take HGH to get there.

IndiansFan337
12-11-2008, 09:21 PM
Height/weight ratios don't generally apply to athletes. I'd be surprised if Lebron had 8% body fat.

He's definitely lower than 8%.

But the extra weight hasn't hurt his athleticism or vertical leaping ability.

But if you look at pictures of him from his rookie season you can tell that he's noticeably bigger.

LakersfaninSC
12-11-2008, 09:21 PM
just because lebron is a beast and ridiculously huge for a high schooler when he came out doesn't mean he's on HGH. It just means he's a freak genetically. they exist, and they certainly don't have to take HGH to get there.

Come on! Name one other person that even comes close. Dont worry I'll wait.

weebs
12-11-2008, 09:28 PM

Come on! Name one other person that even comes close. Dont worry I'll wait.

so because lebron is one of a kind he's on HGH? that's really stupid. michael phelps was born with what seems like inhuman lung capacity and wingspan, but he's on HGH too? of course not, it is sooo conspiracy theory to assume immediately it's drugs.

eugene
12-11-2008, 09:29 PM
Nothing special... Look at Ron Artest for example...

DerekRE_3
12-11-2008, 09:37 PM
Nothing special... Look at Ron Artest for example...

Ron Artest is built too but he doesn't have near the athleticism that Lebron does. Lebron is more agile, faster, and can jump higher than Artest, and it's not even close.

ARMIN12NBA
12-11-2008, 09:39 PM
so because lebron is one of a kind he's on HGH? that's really stupid. michael phelps was born with what seems like inhuman lung capacity and wingspan, but he's on HGH too? of course not, it is sooo conspiracy theory to assume immediately it's drugs.

LOL. That's an awful example. Michael Phelps was BORN with an inhuman lung capacity and a ridiculous wingspan. There are no drugs that can really expand those two things anyways. In the past two years (according to Lebron himself), Lebron has grown about 2 inches and gained 20 pounds. That isn't something you are "born" with. He has started growing at an insane rate at age 22 years old. Awful example. The situations are way different.

LakersfaninSC
12-11-2008, 09:47 PM

So a second ago you said Lebron was a freak and that there are others and now you say hes one of a kind. Come on! The reason the NBA gets away with s**t like this is because of people like you. Wake up! Lebron James is obviously on HGH! Three signs of HGH use; extreme muscle mass being built at an alarming rate, large head, and protruding jaw. I wonder who fits that description?hmmmmmmmmmmm And the Phelps comparison is just stupid! Ron Artest did not have that much muscle mass when he came into the league.

Lizard King
12-11-2008, 10:14 PM
LeBron isn't fat, but he most certainly doesn't only have 3% bodyfat. I'm sure he has at least 7-8% bodyfat. If you think otherwise, then you don't know **** about bodyfat percentages. Even professional bodybuilders go down to 2% during contests. This is because they don't eat or drink anything, including water, before the contest. So no...he is not 3% bodyfat.

LeBrowns
12-11-2008, 11:58 PM
LeBron's body fat is only a few percentage points from what I've heard...He's built like a flat out monster.

LeBrowns
12-12-2008, 12:01 AM

So a second ago you said Lebron was a freak and that there are others and now you say hes one of a kind. Come on! The reason the NBA gets away with s**t like this is because of people like you. Wake up! Lebron James is obviously on HGH! Three signs of HGH use; extreme muscle mass being built at an alarming rate, large head, and protruding jaw. I wonder who fits that description?hmmmmmmmmmmm And the Phelps comparison is just stupid! Ron Artest did not have that much muscle mass when he came into the league.

Anyone that thinks LeBron is on HGH is a moron. He came into the league at 18 ripped and weighed about 240...this is ridiculous.

ARMIN12NBA
12-12-2008, 12:25 AM
Anyone that thinks LeBron is on HGH is a moron. He came into the league at 18 ripped and weighed about 240...this is ridiculous.

That was the guys point...Nobody should be built like that in high school. I don't know if you have been around high school sports, but more than half of those guys do some type of drug.

Teeboy1487
12-12-2008, 12:34 AM
He is the best athlete on the planet.

RocketsRule
12-12-2008, 12:38 AM
If Lebron is morbidly obese, then I want to be morbidly obese.

GCOOKIE7
12-12-2008, 12:44 AM
LeBron needs to stick his fat finger down his throat!

nygiants242
12-12-2008, 12:44 AM
he's an athletic freak of nature

JIDsanity
12-12-2008, 12:50 AM
I wish I was LeBron. :(

JIDsanity
12-12-2008, 12:50 AM
Never mind I'm Jid. Who doesn't wanna be JID. :)

richardle9
12-12-2008, 01:02 AM
the amazing thing is that he had this body coming out of high school

9Ron-Artest6
12-12-2008, 01:04 AM
uhhhhhhh Ron artest

cambovenzi
12-12-2008, 01:07 AM
In high school he was all-state WR twice (atleast, i can't remember if he got it his senior year) if he had diverted his attention to the NFL instead of NBA who knows what he could be? I see that he could be one of the fastest D-Ends in the League the way he's built.
exactly, who knows...

fastest does not make him good.
he would get pushed over.

all state WR? big deal.
thats not even remotely close to allworld.

But i have no doubt he could beat anyone in the NHLs *** besides maybe the exception of Dion Phanuef or Chara.

put him on skates, and id bet a ton of guys could pound the crap out of him.
also fighting does not make you the best hockey player.
its not a race thing, but how often do black athletes(with no hockey history?) become superstar hockey players?

cambovenzi
12-12-2008, 01:09 AM

so its impossible that he took HGH b/c he was big?
how about before he came to the NBA, when he was a kid?...:clap:
possible..

nygiants242
12-12-2008, 01:10 AM
^ haha you are kidding right?
:pity:

Kaptain Kanada
12-12-2008, 01:10 AM

:pity:

I think the list is a little longer than those two.

Lebron23
12-12-2008, 01:14 AM
If you watch some of the Cavaliers game he's taller, and bigger than Ben Wallace. I say that LeBron James will play the PF position regularly, when he's in his early 30's.

DenButsu
12-12-2008, 01:25 AM
Thread title modified so as to be slightly less ridiculous.

THE MTL
12-12-2008, 01:27 AM
I dont believe he weighs 275lbs. Thats a lie. I would say 260 at the most.

dooodo
12-12-2008, 02:27 AM
Lebron and Dwight don't workout. It's natural. Seriously.

Ok for real, Lebron works out with Ben Wallace, thats why they have the same kind of body now lolll.

bogmon
12-12-2008, 02:48 AM
Look at LBJ's shoulders....he is a freak of nature.
Dwight Howard is the only guy in the NBA that can even compare....
LBJ looks more like Terrel Owens than the typical b-baller.
Just the new era of athletes...bigger and more powerful...
If you look back at the Bird/Magic era players, they look scrawny and flabby compared to the new breed.

cahawk
12-12-2008, 02:52 AM
Lebron's weight/size and speed/mobility is the closest thing we have seen to Wilt & Shaq in their prime. A man playing against boys. Noticed in the Olympics, kobe looked like alittle girl standing next to Lebron.

Mallpha
12-12-2008, 04:24 AM
He looks like Popeye after overdosing spinache

Iodine
12-12-2008, 11:47 AM
This thread is a clear epic fail
this is in can lebron play C territory

chicagowhitesox
12-12-2008, 06:28 PM
ben wallace is still more jacked than him

nstojic
12-12-2008, 06:39 PM

there's NO WAY lebron is that heavy... and he's probably around 10-11% bodyfat... conversely, howard has a lower BF% and is NOT lighter than lebron.. good day

nstojic
12-12-2008, 06:40 PM
ben wallace is still more jacked than him

ben wallace is allllll upper body, ever seen his peg legs? hahaha

PhillyPhan10
12-12-2008, 06:43 PM
274 sounds like a little much although I was 4 rows from the floor wednesday in philly, and i honestly have never seen a physique like his in my life.

G-Funk
12-12-2008, 07:14 PM
He's huge I think that ppl should compare him with pf's instead of guards.

Mr Wonderful
12-12-2008, 07:24 PM
Does anyone ever think that SOMETIMES players weight and height are over-exaggerated. 274 my ***!

rand3h
12-12-2008, 08:18 PM
First Oprah. Then Tyra. Now Lebron. WHO CARES!

mrblisterdundee
12-12-2008, 08:41 PM
He's a beefcake; we know.

wwwhat
12-12-2008, 08:56 PM
Thread title modified so as to be slightly less ridiculous.

I never clarified and I probably should have, but I checked his BMI before posting this thread and he has a BMI of 30 something, making him morbidly obese by the BMI system. That's why I made the title "Lebron James is morbidly obese".

DenButsu
12-13-2008, 05:16 AM
I never clarified and I probably should have, but I checked his BMI before posting this thread and he has a BMI of 30 something, making him morbidly obese by the BMI system. That's why I made the title "Lebron James is morbidly obese".

Okay, well that explains why you chose those words which in one way is marginally understandable. But even so, for anyone who has actually looked at LeBron to call him "morbidly obese" just defies common sense. And as others have already pointed out in this thread, the normal BMI indexes we're likely to come across on the internet don't really apply to professional athletes, who have highly specialized physiques. I think you'd be hard pressed to find a doctor, athletic trainer or physical therapist who wouldn't find the notion that LBJ might be obese absolutely absurd.

heyman321
12-13-2008, 10:30 AM
Okay, well that explains why you chose those words which in one way is marginally understandable. But even so, for anyone who has actually looked at LeBron to call him "morbidly obese" just defies common sense. And as others have already pointed out in this thread, the normal BMI indexes we're likely to come across on the internet don't really apply to professional athletes, who have highly specialized physiques. I think you'd be hard pressed to find a doctor, athletic trainer or physical therapist who wouldn't find the notion that LBJ might be obese absolutely absurd.

It still counts as something funny. Lighten up.

DenButsu
12-13-2008, 10:43 AM
It still counts as something funny. Lighten up.

When you're the one modding flame wars between LeBron (/Kobe, /Wade, /ad nauseum) homers and haters, you can tell me to lighten up. Until then, drop the backseat modding, please.

dodie53
12-13-2008, 09:34 PM
what's Lebron's training program?