PDA

View Full Version : If you were the Washington Wizards, what would you do this year?

JordansBulls
12-11-2008, 12:27 PM
Currently they are in last place in the Eastern Conference at 4-15. They have two guys who are borderline stars in Jamison (20 and 10) and Butler at 23 and 7 and one star player who is injured right now in Gilbert Arenas.

They signed Gilbert Arenas to a 6 year/$111 million dollar contract (18.5 million a year) and Jamsion to a 4 year $52 million dollar contract.

Arenas made a comment that the team's losing could be a benefit for them because they could get a very high draft pick.

If that is the case then why would a franchise sign a player to a contract that is worthy $18 million a year to just be in the lottery again?

With that in mind, what do you think the Wizards should do this year? Should they try to trade Arenas? What about Butler or Jamison?

Thoughts!!!!

Mane
12-11-2008, 12:58 PM
As a Wizards fan, i would prefer they trade Jamison. Hes getting old, and he still has good value.

Silent
12-11-2008, 01:07 PM
As a Wizards fan, i would prefer they

:pray: for a miracle

ASUshocker
12-11-2008, 01:15 PM
If I were the Wizards I would lose to get a better draft pick. Some good players coming in next year

(harden, collison, derozan, jennings, thabeet, curry)

kbaxter34
12-11-2008, 01:36 PM
If I were the Wizards I would lose to get a better draft pick. Some good players coming in next year

Don't forget Rubio and Griffin

Gibby23
12-11-2008, 01:48 PM

I think they are holding up their end of the bargin.

kbaxter34
12-11-2008, 01:49 PM
I would tank the season. Even if Arenas comes back 100% this team would struggle to make the playoffs just to get bounced out by Boston or Cleveland.

superkegger
12-11-2008, 01:51 PM
I think I'd explore a trade for Jamison. He's playing at a really high level right now, and while their big three would be nice to have intact, I still don't see them as being able to carry them far into the playoffs. Move Jamison while his value is highest and make sure you hold out Gilbert until he's absolutely 100% healthy. And then ease him back into playing. Give your young guys burn and really try to develop them. Don't "tank" persay, you should always try to win, but getting those young guys time is vital for future success.

fredv
12-11-2008, 02:12 PM
tANK!

JJ81
12-11-2008, 07:36 PM
Go to Europe.

Sox Appeal
12-12-2008, 03:22 AM
There's no doubt that the Wizards have some talent on their roster, so I wouldn't go into all-out rebuilding mode if I where them. But I would defiantly be thinking about trading away Antawan Jamison. He's playing at an EXTREMELY high level right now (20Pts 9Rebs), so I'm sure they would be able to find a suitor for him. Maybe to Cleveland for Wally's expiring?

As for this season, I think the smartest thing for the Wizards to do would be tanking. This team won't be winning anything this season, but IF they're able to add somebody like Blake Griffin in the draft (Assuming they end up with one of the top picks) they could find themselves back in the playoffs next year.