PDA

View Full Version : Z Injures Ankle in Win

IndiansFan337
12-11-2008, 02:21 AM
Center Zydrunas Ilgauskas left Wednesday's game after suffering a sprained left ankle.
Ilgauskas went to the locker room with 9:39 left in the fourth quarter of Clevelandís win over the 76ers and did not return. X-rays were negative. "(A) foot came down on me," Ilgauskas said. "We think its a sprain. Iíll see the doctor (Thursday)." Consider him day-to-day for now, and grab Ben Wallace or Anderson Varejao if the injury turns out to be seirous. He had nine points and six rebounds before leaving.
Rotoworld.com

I doubt we will see him in uniform for Friday's rematch with Philadelphia.

IndiansFan337
12-11-2008, 10:36 AM
Zydrunas Ilgauskas will have an MRI on his sprained left ankle on Thursday.
X-rays confirmed that the foot is not broken, so the MRI will determine whether he suffered a Grade I or Grade II sprain. The injury appears to be a low-ankle sprain, and Ilgauskas was able to watch gingerly on it, so hopefully he won't be out too long. Check back soon for test results.
Rotoworld.com

I would imagine the Cavs would be cautious with anything involving this guy's feet. Even though current management doesn't exactly remember all that he has been through, I am sure that the medical staff does. And we don't want to run into a problem like that again.

IndiansFan337
12-11-2008, 08:54 PM
Zydrunas Ilgauskas will miss at least one game with a moderate ankle sprain.
The Cavs have not made it clear exactly when Ilgauskas will return, so all that's known at this point is that he won't face Philadelphia on Friday. Anderson Varejao is the likeliest candidate to start in his place and could post solid numbers while Ilgauskas is out.
Rotoworld.com

Cavs_Fan24
12-11-2008, 09:54 PM
It's ok. Just another challenge for the Cavs to surpass in my mind.

IndiansFan337
12-13-2008, 10:51 AM
Zydrunas Ilgauskas (ankle) has been ruled out of Saturday's game, though coach Mike Brown said he could have played if necessary.
The Cavs play three times next week, so even one DNP would jeopardize Z's value in weekly leagues. Anderson Varejao played well in his first start and the Cavs stellar record gives them some breathing room, so don't expect them to rush Ilgauskas back.
Rotoworld.com

IndiansFan337
12-17-2008, 06:44 PM
As expected, Zydrunas Ilgauskas (ankle) will not play on Wednesday.
As we wrote earlier, he's targeting a potential turn on Friday, so check back for more information on his status on Thursday. Anderson Varejao is a solid option in Ilgauskas' absence.
Rotoworld.com