PDA

View Full Version : Ramon Vazquez coming to Pirates?

LeoGetz
12-11-2008, 01:42 AM
Vazquez will be flying to Pittsburgh tomorrow. I have no link, but I firmly believe that the Pirates are the team that he spoke of a possible 2 year deal with.

Free agent Ramon Vazquez is telling people that the one-year offer he received from Arizona was way too low and that he already has a two-year offer from another team.

rotoworld

TheRedMarauder
12-11-2008, 12:37 PM
ESPN.com's Buster Olney reports the Pirates are close to a two-year, $4 million deal with infiedler Ramon Vazquez.

Vazquez enjoyed a career year in 2008, hitting .290/.365/.430 with six home runs and 40 RBI in 105 games. He should get starts at third base while the Pirates nurse along Andy LaRoche and could fall into a full time role if the Pirates are able to move Jack Wilson or Freddy Sanchez.

rotoworld

iam brett favre
12-11-2008, 04:23 PM
12:32am: Vazquez's agent told Kovacevic they're "very, very close" but not done. Neal Huntington also said it's not done.

-MLBTR.com

Highcheese4U
12-11-2008, 05:00 PM
Hmm.. not sure if I like Vazquez or Eckstein better :rolleyes:... but yes either way its not a done deal yet!

LeoGetz
12-12-2008, 02:16 AM
11:37pm: Dejan Kovacevic says the Pirates have agreed to the framework of a contract with Vazquez. The contract is not signed yet, and Vazquez needs to take a physical. Another note: the Twins' signing of Nick Punto reduces the already-weak market for Jack Wilson.

mlbtr