PDA

View Full Version : Pirates trade Paulino to Philly for Jaramillo

Highcheese4U
12-10-2008, 11:21 PM
Pirates trade Paulino to Philly for Jaramillo

LAS VEGAS -- The Pirates tonight traded catcher Ronny Paulino to the Philadelphia Phillies for catcher Jason Jaramillo.

via PBC Blog-UPDATE 9:40 p.m.: Going to brief here because I am up against the newspaper deadline. Neal Huntington said the Pirates liked Jaramillo in large part because John Russell managed him at Class AAA Ottawa in 2007. ... Huntington confirmed, publicly for the first time, that Paulino wanted out. ... About a half-dozen teams had expressed interest in Paulino. ... That probably will be it for the Pirates at these Meetings, as far as trades go. ... "Yes, this was the small trade," Huntington confirmed, referring to his earlier statement. ... More to come later. Anyone who wants to post background and links on Jaramillo below, that would be a great help.

Faithdies
12-11-2008, 12:00 AM
If you guys are interested check out www . phuturephillies . com for info on Jaramillo. Remove spaces obviously.

AlDude20
12-15-2008, 03:25 AM
Good luck on this trade, maybe a change of scenery will do him Jason some good. He was our catcher of the future for a few years but always seemed to get passed by someone, Ruiz, Marson and now D'Arnaurd even. Good Luck and this could actually be a under the rader move for the Pirates that could make a positive difference.

SenecaValley46
12-15-2008, 10:59 PM
I like this move for us.. I always found Paulino to show off lazy tendencies.. This is MLB baseball one of the greatest professions in the world if you dont play energized and your hardest A. I dont know how you got here B. You shouldnt be here

If this guy has any potential its a good deal. Change of scenery.