PDA

View Full Version : Help!!

AntwanN21
12-10-2008, 05:19 PM
Alright so i have a french essay coming up and i had to pick a topic so i chose Tony Parker since he played in France.

The essay should be 5 paragraphs long and right now im at a stand still,this is what i have so far.......

William Tony Parker is born on May 17th 1983 in Burges,Belgium.He plays basketball for most of his life as he grows up in France.His first time playign the game at a professional level was when Tony turns 9 years old.Today Tony Parker is known a one of the greatest point guards in NBA history.Though he was always throughout his life underestimated Tony Parker has shown the heart and desire to win everday.He has excelled in all he does and has set up a future for himself filled with heart and desire

It odvoisul sound ******** cause it needs to be translated a special way so i was wondering if any of you guys have any ideas,quotes or anything i could use to help it would be much appreciated this is 20% of my final mark

(could you show where you got the info)man these teachers are picky

Cavs_Fan24
12-10-2008, 07:30 PM
Alright so i have a french essay coming up and i had to pick a topic so i chose Tony Parker since he played in France.

The essay should be 5 paragraphs long and right now im at a stand still,this is what i have so far.......

William Tony Parker is born on May 17th 1983 in Burges,Belgium.He plays basketball for most of his life as he grows up in France.His first time playign the game at a professional level was when Tony turns 9 years old.Today Tony Parker is known a one of the greatest point guards in NBA history.Though he was always throughout his life underestimated Tony Parker has shown the heart and desire to win everday.He has excelled in all he does and has set up a future for himself filled with heart and desire

It odvoisul sound ******** cause it needs to be translated a special way so i was wondering if any of you guys have any ideas,quotes or anything i could use to help it would be much appreciated this is 20% of my final mark

OK, you are obviously ******** because he is not one of the best PGs in NBA History. But he is an elite PG in the game today. Loser...:p

The Answer3
12-10-2008, 07:38 PM
His wife, Eva's hot. Write that down and a pic or two might help if your teacher's a guy. Sorry for the ignorant post.

AntwanN21
12-10-2008, 07:44 PM
His wife, Eva's hot. Write that down and a pic or two might help if your teacher's a guy. Sorry for the ignorant post.

Hahah thats awesome thanks for the laugh haha but my teachers a woman and its got to be like a formal essay not pictures or anything:confused:

The Answer3
12-10-2008, 07:51 PM
Hahah thats awesome thanks for the laugh haha but my teachers a woman and its got to be like a formal essay not pictures or anything:confused:

Well, you could list his stats, accomplishments etc. He has 3 rings, a Finals MVP, career high of 55 points etc. You could describe his game. He's a shoot-first PG. Decent passer, great penetrator, nice stroke, his mid-range game is pretty good. When he was drafted, his teammates and all that crap.

Giaps
12-10-2008, 09:31 PM
Do it on french fries or french toast. That's always popular.

DenButsu
12-11-2008, 01:16 AM

Yeah, always insisting that people actually give credit to the people who originally researched and authored the ideas that students use in writing papers. Picky bastards.

JJ81
12-11-2008, 07:59 AM
Do a paragraph on his wife.

Rome
12-11-2008, 08:31 AM
Mention him married to Eva, that will help.

Jamaal60
12-11-2008, 08:45 AM
Say that right now he is probably the most popular athlete in France. In France he represents success and is the idol of a lot of kids. He has 3 rings, he is married to a famous woman and he has a rap album (that actually sucks).
If you lived in France you would see how big he is there. I can tell you about it. It's actually annoying for me since, as a cavs fan, I can't forget about the 07 finals.

GCOOKIE7
12-11-2008, 08:51 AM
I think you have to clean up your English before you write it in French

SteveNash
12-11-2008, 09:23 AM
odvoisul

Wat?

Cavs_Fan24
12-11-2008, 05:22 PM
Say that right now he is probably the most popular athlete in France. In France he represents success and is the idol of a lot of kids. He has 3 rings, he is married to a famous woman and he has a rap album (that actually sucks).
If you lived in France you would see how big he is there. I can tell you about it. It's actually annoying for me since, as a cavs fan, I can't forget about the 07 finals.

I hear ya.

AntwanN21
12-11-2008, 07:19 PM
I think you have to clean up your English before you write it in French

haha no the way its gonna be translated its gonna sound right in french and horrible in english!

Testaverde16
12-11-2008, 07:41 PM
find an actual biography.... how are you gonna sight us?

I know he did an interview with Marice Dubois when he was a rookie and it was in French because he didnt speak good enough English or he just didn't want to, I dont know. Bottom line is he was relatively unknown back then and they probably asked a lot of good questions if you can understand it or get it translated.

Good luck.

SpaceCadet
12-11-2008, 07:49 PM
parle de sa femme

mariotubes
12-11-2008, 08:43 PM
learn how to spell and use proper grammar before you hand that in if you want to have a shot at getting a passing grade

AntwanN21
12-11-2008, 09:53 PM
learn how to spell and use proper grammar before you hand that in if you want to have a shot at getting a passing grade

>>>>>>>>>>>

Its suppose to sound bad in english because we cant use the future tense when changing it to french

DenButsu
12-12-2008, 01:14 AM
Not to be dickish, but only to be helpful, nothing that you wrote in the top post needs to be said in any future tense. But you're mixing present and past tenses in an inconsistent way (present, past):

William Tony Parker is born on May 17th 1983 in Burges,Belgium.He plays basketball for most of his life as he grows up in France.His first time playign the game at a professional level was when Tony turns 9 years old.Today Tony Parker is known a one of the greatest point guards in NBA history.

still1ballin
12-12-2008, 01:24 AM
Grammar amigo, GRAMMAR

still1ballin
12-12-2008, 01:25 AM

What the hell?

JIDsanity
12-12-2008, 01:28 AM
Bonsoir mon ami.

JIDsanity
12-12-2008, 01:31 AM
I know a little French, anyway..
Talk about the championships that he has won with details i.e best performances in the playoffs . Talk about basketball itself i.e the 82 game season. Talk about his struggles, when he first came into the league and the rumors that he would be traded to NJ for Kidd. It would make sense if you went in the order, backwards of what I listed, but if you can't get 5 paragraphs off of that, then damn you

JIDsanity
12-12-2008, 01:32 AM
You know that you didn't even list what team he played for right. You may want to start off the way you did, and then go on to tell a story of a boy who loved basketball. Next talk about his trouble adjusting to America, college(not sure if he went to one). Then Draft night, the spurs, his trouble with pop, his perseverance, and hard work paying off, his titles, his Finals MVP, and a few special facts. I.e (spurs never repeat)

S.J.Basketball
12-12-2008, 01:39 AM
5 paragraphs?!?!?! That's like 25-30 sentences if you do it right. Gimmie a break!

S.J.Basketball
12-12-2008, 01:40 AM
Yeah, always insisting that people actually give credit to the people who originally researched and authored the ideas that students use in writing papers. Picky bastards.

What's this world coming to?

SJSHARKIES
12-12-2008, 01:52 AM
GO to www.Wikipedia.com and type in tony Parker. Be careful not all the information is true, but it's not like your teacher will know though.

BEST OF LUCK, and double check everything before you turn it in.