PDA

View Full Version : LeBron should stay in Cleveland, and I'm a knicks fan (so you can't bash us all).

hotpotato1092
12-10-2008, 02:36 PM
Honestly speaking as an NBA fan I'd rather my knicks sign Wade or Bosh and have LeBron stay in Cleveland. Wade has a chance to be a top 15-20 player, Bosh could be a hall of fame big man, but LeBron has a chance to be the best player EVER, and I don't want his legacy to be defined by him ditching Cleveland. Think about it, would you like MJ as much if he would have signed with the Jazz for a better shot at the title just as the bulls were getting good or if he would have signed with the Lakers or Knicks for the market? Lebron has a chance to go down as the best player ever, and out of respect for the city of Cleveland I don't want the cavs to become the answer to the future triva question of where did LeBron start his career, and for Lebron I hope that he doesn't tarnish his legacy by ditching a team for the money he'd make in endorsements. Wade's a fantastic player, but he's not the icon that LeBron is, if Wade leaves miami it would be bad for them, but they could rebuild around beasley and another free agent signing, if LeBron left the cavs basketball would die in cleveland, and I just don't want that. I think I'm the only knick fan who cares more about the NBA as a whole then our team, but what can I say I'm just a bigger basketball fan than knick fan. I'm mostly interested in if people agree with why I think he should stay in Cleveland and if it makes me a bad knick fan for hoping we don't get him.

jimbobjarree
12-10-2008, 02:40 PM
fair enough, but I doubt Wade goes anywhere for the same reason as your saying Lebron should stay in cleveland

superkegger
12-10-2008, 02:44 PM
fair enough, but I doubt Wade goes anywhere for the same reason as your saying Lebron should stay in cleveland

good point. And if Bron does ditch cleveland, I don't think that will be what defines his legacy.

DocUSN
12-10-2008, 02:54 PM
good point. And if Bron does ditch cleveland, I don't think that will be what defines his legacy.

depends on what he dose after he ditches.

shaq ditching orlando didnt define his legacy becasuse he won multiple rings.

hotpotato1092
12-10-2008, 02:58 PM
Even if it doesn't define his legacy, it will definitley be a black mark on an otherwise steller career (assuming he has the career we thing he has). While Wade's legacy would be hurt by ditching Miami also, it wouldn't have the same effect on Miami as LeBron leaving would on Cleveland. I live in Miami (have for only a few months but I do) and I've noticed that people don't really care about the Heat that much, it's mostly the Dolphins and UM football that most people care about. They'd be angry if he left, but with Beasley and a ton of cap room it's not like they couldn't rebuild, Cleveland has NOTHING without LeBron, he is the cities sports. The indians aren't good anymore because CC's gone, the Browns were major disapointments and as far as I know they don't have any good college teams. LeBron is Cleveland sports, and basketball would die in Cleveland without him, it wouldn't die in Miami without Wade.

cubulls
12-10-2008, 04:47 PM
Money talks. He wants to be a billionaire. Going to New York would certainly help.

JordansBulls
12-10-2008, 04:54 PM
Lebron will get paid in New York.

Jonathan2323
12-10-2008, 04:57 PM
Wade>Lebron

cubulls
12-10-2008, 05:20 PM
Wade>Lebron

:nod:

pebloemer
12-10-2008, 05:25 PM
Honestly speaking as an NBA fan I'd rather my knicks sign Wade or Bosh and have LeBron stay in Cleveland. Wade has a chance to be a top 15-20 player, Bosh could be a hall of fame big man, but LeBron has a chance to be the best player EVER, and I don't want his legacy to be defined by him ditching Cleveland. Think about it, would you like MJ as much if he would have signed with the Jazz for a better shot at the title just as the bulls were getting good or if he would have signed with the Lakers or Knicks for the market? Lebron has a chance to go down as the best player ever, and out of respect for the city of Cleveland I don't want the cavs to become the answer to the future triva question of where did LeBron start his career, and for Lebron I hope that he doesn't tarnish his legacy by ditching a team for the money he'd make in endorsements. Wade's a fantastic player, but he's not the icon that LeBron is, if Wade leaves miami it would be bad for them, but they could rebuild around beasley and another free agent signing, if LeBron left the cavs basketball would die in cleveland, and I just don't want that. I think I'm the only knick fan who cares more about the NBA as a whole then our team, but what can I say I'm just a bigger basketball fan than knick fan. I'm mostly interested in if people agree with why I think he should stay in Cleveland and if it makes me a bad knick fan for hoping we don't get him.

If Cleveland keeps playing as well as they have been it would definately help their cause to bring him back. They are a fun team to watch too. . .

Yung N Fly
12-10-2008, 05:26 PM
Wade>Lebron

I disagree Lebron is better he has an all around game that is better and he makes his team so great with so little

Its close though

Cavs_Fan24
12-10-2008, 08:10 PM
I agree that he would ruin his legacy if he went to New York and im saying that as an NBA fan not a Cavs fan.

Giaps
12-10-2008, 08:16 PM
I love the NBA too, but my affiliation is the Knicks. I think ever fan of every team would want Lebron on their team....

Yea Lebron is #1 option in 2010, but if we don't get him and we land with another big name like Bosh, Wade, J Johnson, Amare etc.... I'll be happy.

And he will only ENHANCE his legacy winning in New York. How could you think he wouldn't? For him to win in NY when it hasn't been done in 35+ years would push him to legendary status.

ARMIN12NBA
12-10-2008, 08:24 PM
I disagree Lebron is better he has an all around game that is better and he makes his team so great with so little

Its close though

Wade is a better all around player, but Lebron is more dominant.

ARMIN12NBA
12-10-2008, 08:26 PM
I love the NBA too, but my affiliation is the Knicks. I think ever fan of every team would want Lebron on their team....

Yea Lebron is #1 option in 2010, but if we don't get him and we land with another big name like Bosh, Wade, J Johnson, Amare etc.... I'll be happy.

And he will only ENHANCE his legacy winning in New York. How could you think he wouldn't? For him to win in NY when it hasn't been done in 35+ years would push him to legendary status.

Do you really think that the Knicks will win a championship (with Lebron of course)? I don't see it especially with Mike D'Antoni at coach (great and amazing offense, but no defense...).

Giaps
12-10-2008, 08:38 PM
Do you really think that the Knicks will win a championship (with Lebron of course)? I don't see it especially with Mike D'Antoni at coach (great and amazing offense, but no defense...).
I believe that any team Lebron is part of is a contender for a championship. If he has another star like Bosh or Amare or someone else next to him then you can't argue that they won't be contenders. Will they win a championship?? Who knows? That's why we play the games.

As for D'Antoni, no he isn't a defensive wiz or anywhere near it, but his teams were always somewhere near the middle in defense. This time around, it seems that they are trying to assemble more 2-way players (Duhon, Chandler) and Lebron and Bosh are good defenders as well.

Side note: People also say D'Antoni didn't win in the playoffs but you could argue that they would have won the year the played the Spurs and Amare was suspended.

superkegger
12-10-2008, 08:45 PM
depends on what he dose after he ditches.

shaq ditching orlando didnt define his legacy becasuse he won multiple rings.

Even if bron doesn't win a ring should he decide to ditch cleveland, i don't think it affects his legacy.

Wade>Lebron

Cool, completely irrelevant to the discussion. but cool.

You do realize that Wade fans are becoming the new Kobe jockers. If there was anything you could learn from PSD history, its that nobody hates fans who take enthusiasm for a player across the line and promote him when its not proper or relevant. We know you love wade, but this thread is not the place to display it.

I agree that he would ruin his legacy if he went to New York and im saying that as an NBA fan not a Cavs fan.

It's hard to believe that. If he pulls a shaq, and wins a ring or two in another city, nobody but cleveland fans are going to remember that he ditched cleveland.

NYYCowboys
12-10-2008, 09:09 PM
Who cares if he leaves Cleveland? The best player in the world should be playing for the best city in the world. Plus it would benefit the league so much if LeBron came to the Knicks.

td0tsfinest
12-10-2008, 09:15 PM
Wade said he wants to stay in Miami. Im pretty sure Miami wants to resign him.

superkegger
12-10-2008, 09:16 PM
Who cares if he leaves Cleveland? The best player in the world should be playing for the best city in the world. Plus it would benefit the league so much if LeBron came to the Knicks.

If he were playing for the best city in the world wouldn't be he playing in LA?

:p

td0tsfinest
12-10-2008, 09:18 PM

Actually according to CityMayors.com, Zurich is considered the best city in the world.
http://www.citymayors.com/features/quality_survey.html

superkegger
12-10-2008, 09:19 PM
Wade said he wants to stay in Miami. Im pretty sure Miami wants to resign him.

I don't doubt either, but when it comes down to it, if Miami isn't winning or showing signs of serious improvement, I wouldn't put it past him to at the very least consider his options.

Giaps
12-10-2008, 09:30 PM
If he were playing for the best city in the world wouldn't be he playing in LA?

:p
Na he got it right. But being #2 isn't so bad, right? :D

superkegger
12-10-2008, 09:48 PM
Na he got it right. But being #2 isn't so bad, right? :D

No, I think we all know the best city is Milwaukee. But they're too good for Bron.

Cubs Win
12-10-2008, 10:23 PM

Yeah, Rose to LeBron would be pretty sick. Oh, you meant the Knicks. I'm kind of tired of hearing about LeBron and the Knicks, but I just can't not look at or watch stuff about it. I wish I could just hibernate for a year and a half.

Mr.Grizzly
12-10-2008, 10:44 PM
LeBron Sucks

theuuord
12-10-2008, 10:53 PM
I mean, I can't think of one player who I feel has "tarnished" their legacy by moving to another team.
I feel like people always mention it as a possibility, but in the long run nobody cares.

MilfHunter07
12-10-2008, 10:56 PM

You said that Wade is a top 15-20 player while stating bosh is a future Hall of fame Big man?:crazy:

Wade is top 3 in the NBA right now, Bosh is the one that's a top 15-20 player.

superkegger
12-10-2008, 10:58 PM
LeBron Sucks

thats a valid point.

oh wait, no its not, you're a moron.

superkegger
12-10-2008, 11:01 PM
You said that Wade is a top 15-20 player while stating bosh is a future Hall of fame Big man?:crazy:

I could be wrong, but I believe he meant Wade has a chance to be a top 15-20 player of all time.

theuuord
12-10-2008, 11:07 PM
I could be wrong, but I believe he meant Wade has a chance to be a top 15-20 player of all time.

Yeah, that's what I thought too. it was weirdly worded though.

superkegger
12-10-2008, 11:16 PM
Yeah, that's what I thought too. it was weirdly worded though.

The key is though that he references bosh as a hall of fame big man, obviously referencing where they would stand at the end of their career, which connotes to dwade have a chance to be top 20 all time.

cmstophe
12-11-2008, 12:51 AM
That's very classy of you.

IMO as a basketball fan I think the better story is Lebron ressurecting basketball in Cleveland (which he has done) and bringing that beleguered city its first championship in 44 years.

How amazing would that be? What a great story. Call me a sucker for feel goods...but I'd love to see him "rise up" and put Cleveland on his shoulders.

LeBrowns
12-11-2008, 01:22 AM
wade>lebron

hahaha

LeBrowns
12-11-2008, 01:24 AM

Wade is not top 3....I'd stick with top 10

cmstophe
12-11-2008, 02:00 AM
Wade is def playing like a Top 3 right now.

Weidner9
12-11-2008, 02:34 AM
As a cavs fan i love this post lol!! I don't think that it would tarnish his legacy, I do think he would rival and even surpass Art Modell as Cleveland's most hated sports figure. The cavaliers like everyone will be players in 2010 as long as they don't mess it up with trades, and i believe they could sign a notable player if he left but your right it wouldn't be the same and i could see death to Cleveland Basketball!!! I do appreciate the thought from a knicks fan although i don't hate knicks fans for wanting our savior i just am a lil peeved at the fact that most knicks fans view anywhere other than new york a ***** hole!