PDA

View Full Version : 09 Free Agency

griff141
12-10-2008, 10:43 AM
http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2008/10/2009-free-agency-patriot-targets.html

http://www.theredzone.org/2009/freeagents/

Switching gears a little bit to free agency. I found some links of 2009 free agents and possible Patriots targets. What are your guys thoughts? Please feel free to add a player(s) whom you think could rock the flying elvis next year.

Wake's Fastball
12-10-2008, 01:41 PM
Would kill to see Asomugha here, but he'll be franchised again. Wouldn't mind seeing the team give Paris Lenon, Bart Scott, Adam Seward or Jonathan Vilma a good, hard look.

Wake's Fastball
12-10-2008, 01:42 PM
Additionally, from the first link, Gamble and Columbo have already been resigned.

griff141
12-10-2008, 02:07 PM
Additionally, from the first link, Gamble and Columbo have already been resigned.

Thanks for pointing that out bro. I'll try to find some updated sites.

KingJamsI
12-10-2008, 03:16 PM
I think that Jacksonville MLB Mike Peterson has a decent shot of ending up here. With Seau and Bruschi gone, The Pats have Gary Guyton or Eric Alexander next in line for the MLB2 role. Even if BB likes a MLB in the draft, he doesnt like to go in with apparent weaknesses so i think Peterson would be a smart pickup.

NCBoSoxfan21
12-11-2008, 01:00 PM
I think realistically, we have a shot at Peterson, Harris, Dontarrius Thomas, and Vilma.

Scott has emphatically stated he wants to remain a Raven and even told ESPN he'd take a pay cut to remain there, so that's almost entirely out of the question. Same goes for Lewis. I'd most like to see Harris and Thomas because the Vikings defense is more than solid and those two are both key players to it's scheme.

I'd love to see Atari Bigby come our way, but I skeptical of our chances. We might be able to bring in Otogwe.

Houshmandzadeh might just be a major possibility for us. I get the feeling he's tired of the Bengals and Ocho Cinco.

I wish we could scoop up Brandon Jacobs (he's the perfect back for Pats football) but I think the Giants will reup with him.

The Intimidator
12-11-2008, 01:27 PM
Houshmandzadeh might just be a major possibility for us. I get the feeling he's tired of the Bengals and Ocho Cinco.

Nice thought, but WR shouldn't be a priority this offseason. We need to upgrade our secondary, LB corps, and O-Line before anything else. I would be shocked to see us bring in a WR.

NCBoSoxfan21
12-11-2008, 02:47 PM
Oh I totally agree. I'm just thinking that if the Pats wanted, they probably could get their hands on him and it would be nice. But like you said they are more pressing concerns.

bagwell368
12-11-2008, 03:59 PM
Vilma is overrated - not coming

Housmenzadah? Oh come off it. No chance.

Jacobs? He might be the MVP of the Giants no way they let him get away.

redsox1520
12-14-2008, 01:18 PM
I like to see how many quality CB's there are out there. Maybe we will sign one